PDA

View Full Version : Fortress Easter Road

Monts
17-02-2016, 11:07 AM
No goals conceded at home in the cups, and no defeats at home since the season started!

Brilliant record!

Everyone deserves so much credit!

Was only a couple of seasons ago we couldn't buy a win at home.

Ooh to be...

Billy McKirdy
17-02-2016, 11:12 AM
So the Ramsden Cup reverse against the huns doesn't count?

Monts
17-02-2016, 11:13 AM

That was before the season started :wink:

Monts
17-02-2016, 11:33 AM
No goals conceded at home in the cups, and no defeats at home since the season started!

Brilliant record!

Everyone deserves so much credit!

Was only a couple of seasons ago we couldn't buy a win at home.

Ooh to be...

lyonhibs
17-02-2016, 12:20 PM
That was before the league season started :wink:

FTFY.

Pedantry aside, a fantastic record even allowing for the mostly pish league opposition we face.

As mentioned, what was in that season under Fenlon? 3 league wins at home all season or something similar?

Seems a lifetime ago.

Fenriz
17-02-2016, 12:25 PM
FTFY.

Pedantry aside, a fantastic record even allowing for the mostly pish league opposition we face.

As mentioned, what was in that season under Fenlon? 3 league wins at home all season or something similar?

Seems a lifetime ago.

2 wins. I remember, because I had a Season Ticket but missed the first one!

Monts
17-02-2016, 12:44 PM
FTFY.

Seems a lifetime ago.

Yup you're right, my bad on the wording.

Monts
17-02-2016, 03:03 PM
2 wins. I remember, because I had a Season Ticket but missed the first one!

Was it not only 2 wins in the whole calendar year?

Monts
18-02-2016, 04:01 PM
With the games coming up we should be adding "no loss in February" to the list!

hibbybob
18-02-2016, 04:13 PM

I took Hibs to go unbeaten at home (league only) @16/1 with Skybet before the season began.

Going quite well at present!

GGTTH

Monts
18-02-2016, 05:23 PM
I took Hibs to go unbeaten at home (league only) @16/1 with Skybet before the season began.

Going quite well at present!

GGTTH
That will be some bet if it comes in!

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2016, 09:41 PM

Course it doesn't. We're talking about silverware, not paper cups stuffed with chips and salt and vinegar.

I would a preseason glorified friendly, but I can't use the word 'glorified' in terms of this 'tournament'. Biggest favor the Huns ever did us as a club was to turf us out of this joke early doors. Imagine the embarrassment if we loved against Stirling Albion at Tynecastle on a wet Wednesday night in this 'final?' I'd be mortified. And imagine if we won this worthless piece of ****? It would replace 5-1 and 1902 as Jambo jibes.

This is one you field a reserve team and pray they underperform.

Alfred E Newman
18-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Course it doesn't. We're talking about silverware, not paper cups stuffed with chips and salt and vinegar.

I would a preseason glorified friendly, but I can't use the word 'glorified' in terms of this 'tournament'. Biggest favor the Huns ever did us as a club was to turf us out of this joke early doors. Imagine the embarrassment if we loved against Stirling Albion at Tynecastle on a wet Wednesday night in this 'final?' I'd be mortified. And imagine if we won this worthless piece of ****? It would replace 5-1 and 1902 as Jambo jibes.

This is one you field a reserve team and pray they underperform.

Correct. These muppets are still trying to live down the embarrassment of the Texaco Cup while we were playing, Leeds , Liverpool, Juventus etc.

aazza91
18-02-2016, 11:16 PM
Just had a wee look online, since August 1st at home we have..

17 games

15 wins
2 draws
0 defeats

34 goals scored
8 goals conceded

10 clean sheets

We have also scored in every single home game this season averaging 2 goals a game.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2016, 11:18 PM

It's the Petrofac Training Cup now and no it doesn't. :wink:

matty_f
18-02-2016, 11:22 PM
We should have a home record like that in the league, however it's easier said than done, and when you throw in that in that run we've beaten the Yams, Aberdeen, and Dundee United - without conceding - then it really shines a light on how good an achievement that is.

Super_JMcGinn
18-02-2016, 11:37 PM
We should have a home record like that in the league, however it's easier said than done, and when you throw in that in that run we've beaten the Yams, Aberdeen, and Dundee United - without conceding - then it really shines a light on how good an achievement that is.

Our record at ER is very impressive, especially in the cups. My only criticism would be the marigin of victory in the league games, and something that I think will sadly come back to bite us.

monktonharp
18-02-2016, 11:38 PM
That was before the season started :wink:you launched the bait, he took it:wink:

monktonharp
18-02-2016, 11:47 PM
Our record at ER is very impressive, especially in the cups. My only criticism would be the marigin of victory in the league games, and something that I think will sadly come back to bite us.well said Gail. a bit of a worry, but we do tend to never give up, until the fat lady sings, so to speak. the St.Mirren game, which we were losing for a while should not have happened. they mugged us for a draw. cant remember the other draw. anyone?

Sir David Gray
18-02-2016, 11:49 PM
well said Gail. a bit of a worry, but we do tend to never give up, until the fat lady sings, so to speak. the St.Mirren game, which we were losing for a while should not have happened. they mugged us for a draw. cant remember the other draw. anyone?

Falkirk.

Injury time equaliser.

Monts
19-02-2016, 02:31 PM
I think our record just goes to show how badly timed our relegation was. We're on course for the second season in a row to achieve a points total that would normally be enough to win the league, while still being second favorites.

Malthibby
19-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Was it not only 2 wins in the whole calendar year?

Aye, & I missed three games that year; guess what two of them were....................:rolleyes:

capitals_finest
24-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Sunshine on Leith today... What a beauty of a stadium...

Monts
24-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Well that's that ****ed then

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-02-2016, 01:57 AM
Well that's that ****ed then

How? After 1 home loss all season? Don't think so. We learned a lesson today and I doubt anyone else, except maybe Rangers will beat us again at ER this season.

Easter Road is still a fortress, IMO. It's only one game! :aok: