PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

QMU-1875
17-02-2016, 08:44 AM
As it says in the title, been abroad so didn't see any of the game. Would be great to know how we played, particularly given Carmichael made an appearance and the rave reviews I've read on here for Bartley. Delighted with the result and what sounds like a great performance from the team!

TrinityHibs
17-02-2016, 08:47 AM

FromTheCapital
17-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Oxley (8) - Commanded his area and dealt with crosses well. Distribution towards the end could have been better but it's another clean sheet for the Ox.
Gray (8) - Defended excellently all evening and his delivery for Cummings' goal was superb.
McGregor (10) - Simply faultless. Won everything in the air. Won every tackle and his composure to beat a few Hearts players before clearing it at the end was superb. What a steal he is. MOTM.
Hanlon (9) - Another top performer. Much like McGregor, he defended resolutely throughout and won the challenges he had to.
Stevenson (8) - Up and down the flank all night. Similar performance to Gray. Wonder if he is thinking about letting Paterson out of his back pocket...
Bartley (9) - He wasn't as good as the first derby but his attitude is fantastic. Hunted everyone down in the latter stages and got us up the park by holding it in the corner to great effect.
Thomson (7) - Put his all into the game but he did look knackered after 60 minutes. He's done us a real shift over both ties and his tackle last night which he somehow got booked for was excellent and exactly what we want to see when someone pulls on our shirt.
McGinn (9.5) - Just misses out on MOTM for me. He took a few kicks here and there from Hearts players but he got back up, went to war with their midfield and came out on top. A really, really special player.
Henderson (8) - Ran himself into the ground last night. His first time pass for Cummings in the first half was superb. Looks as if he loves the club and is showing why Celtic rate him so highly.
Stokes (8) - A few touches here and there which were excellent. His skill and hold up play to set up Carmichael near the end was brilliant. Also, his work rate and attitude was first class all night, especially after Cummings' sending off.
Cummings (8) - Another goal against them for JC! His hold-up play has came on leaps and bounds recently. However, his red card was suicidal. They just got a man sent off and basically ended their chances before he went and done that. Still a bit of maturing to do for the lad but he is developing in to an all round top class striker.

Subs:

Carmichael (6) - Worked hard defensively. Did well to control the shot from Stokes' cut-back but couldn't direct it on target.
Boyle (6) - Took the pressure off us at the end with his drive forward and his ball to Keatings couldn't have been any better.
Keatings (5) - What a chance to score against his former club! From my view in the East towards the Hearts fans, it looked like a real sitter.

Fans (10) - we packed our own stadium, drowned out the Hearts fans and roared the boys over the line. Hopefully, ER begins to steadily fill-up week in, week out now as we have a real football team worthy of our support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
17-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Oxley (8) - Commanded his area and dealt with crosses well. Distribution towards the end could have been better but it's another clean sheet for the Ox.
Gray (8) - Defended excellently all evening and his delivery for Cummings' goal was superb.
McGregor (10) - Simply faultless. Won everything in the air. Won every tackle and his composure to beat a few Hearts players before clearing it at the end was superb. What a steal he is. MOTM.
Hanlon (9) - Another top performer. Much like McGregor, he defended resolutely throughout and won the challenges he had to.
Stevenson (8) - Up and down the flank all night. Similar performance to Gray. Wonder if he is thinking about letting Paterson out of his back pocket...
Bartley (8) - He wasn't as good as the first derby but his attitude is fantastic. Hunted everyone down in the latter stages and got us up the park by holding it in the corner to great effect.
Thomson (7) - Put his all into the game but he did look knackered after 60 minutes. He's done us a real shift over both ties and his tackle last night which he somehow got booked for was excellent and exactly what we want to see when someone pulls on our shirt.
McGinn (9.5) - Just misses out on MOTM for me. He took a few kicks here and there from Hearts players but he got back up, went to war with their midfield and came out on top. A really, really special player.
Henderson (8) - Ran himself into the ground last night. His first time pass for Cummings in the first half was superb. Looks as if he loves the club and is showing why Celtic rate him so highly.
Stokes (8) - A few touches here and there which were excellent. His skill and hold up play to set up Carmichael near the end was brilliant. Also, his work rate and attitude was first class all night, especially after Cummings' sending off.
Cummings (8) - Another goal against them for JC! His hold-up play has came on leaps and bounds recently. However, his red card was suicidal. They just got a man sent off and basically ended their chances before he went and done that. Still a bit of maturing to do for the lad but he is developing in to an all round top class striker.

Subs:

Carmichael (6) - Worked hard defensively. Did well to control the shot from Stokes' cut-back but couldn't direct it on target.
Boyle (6) - Took the pressure off us at the end with his drive forward and his ball to Keatings couldn't have been any better.
Keatings (5) - What a chance to score against his former club! From my view in the East towards the Hearts fans, it looked like a real sitter.

Fans (10) - we packed our own stadium, drowned out the Hearts fans and roared the boys over the line. Hopefully, ER begins to steadily fill-up week in, week out now as we have a real football team worthy of our support.

Agree with a lot of that but I would reduce Oxley and Stevenson, both of whose delivery at times was extremely wayward to 7

I would increase Stokes to 9, I thought he was fantastic last night and showed what a much more complete player he is now than he was in his first spell.

FromTheCapital
17-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Agree with a lot of that but I would reduce Oxley and Stevenson, both of whose delivery at times was extremely wayward to 7

I would increase Stokes to 9, I thought he was fantastic last night and showed what a much more complete player he is now than he was in his first spell.

Fair enough mate.
They're all Yam beaters anyway :aok:

BSEJVT
17-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Fair enough mate.
They're all Yam beaters anyway :aok:

And that after all is the only score that matters!

GGTTH

theonlywayisup
17-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Agree with most of that, but can't agree with Bartley only 8 (though he wasn't as good in the second half) yet McGinn as 9.5 (he was poor in the second half).

For me, the back four were very good in terms of possession, passing and crossing in the first half, then defending in the second half. That is where the MOTM performances were.

Bartley (8) - He wasn't as good as the first derby but his attitude is fantastic. Hunted everyone down in the latter stages and got us up the park by holding it in the corner to great effect.

Subs:

Thecat23
17-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Any Hibs team that puts Hearts out the cup while sitting a league below and not even lose a goal deserve a 10. So that's exactly what I'm giving everyone of them for giving me one of the best nights I've had at ER.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

FromTheCapital
17-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Agree with most of that, but can't agree with Bartley only 8 (though he wasn't as good in the second half) yet McGinn as 9.5 (he was poor in the second half).

For me, the back four were very good in terms of possession, passing and crossing in the first half, then defending in the second half. That is where the MOTM performances were.

Bartley is supposed to be a 9 mate. My bad.

ekhibee
17-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Bartley (9) - He wasn't as good as the first derby but his attitude is fantastic. Hunted everyone down in the latter stages and got us up the park by holding it in the corner to great effect.

Subs:

Excellent assessment, I agree with all of it, and your markings. Thought Stokes worked really hard yesterday and showed some great touches. In my opinion Bartley is just the kind of player we needed against this Hearts team. There were a couple of times in the first half when our defenders were 2 against 2 in a Hearts attack and their strikers were getting round the back. I thought Bartley acted like a sweeper, cutting that situation out.

FromTheCapital
17-02-2016, 09:19 AM
Excellent assessment, I agree with all of it, and your markings. Thought Stokes worked really hard yesterday and showed some great touches. In my opinion Bartley is just the kind of player we needed against this Hearts team. There were a couple of times in the first half when our defenders were 2 against 2 in a Hearts attack and their strikers were getting round the back. I thought Bartley acted like a sweeper, cutting that situation out.

Totally agree mate :thumbsup:

Jones28
17-02-2016, 09:31 AM

Subs:

:top marks:gwa:

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2016, 09:49 AM

Subs:

Pretty well spot on ..... though I would take half a point off Oxley for gifting possession back to the Yams too often in the last 15 minutes by constantly overhitting his clearances. Keatings wants shooting for his miss, it was right in front of me and I still cant understand how he contrived to miss the target.

Special mention for Marvin Bartley who has been fantastic in the last 3 games ... I wonder if he has ever played in an atmosphere like that? and for Darren McGregor, when he was a kid he must have dreamt of a game like that, the fact that he was immense in it is all the better.

Whatever the individual scores, as a team performance it was a big fat 10 ..... nobody hid, nobody had a bad game and even though their recent tough schedule clearly had some of the players really struggling to keep going in the 2nd half they stuck at it like heroes.