PDA

View Full Version : Scots players in last night's line-ups

theonlywayisup
17-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Hibs had eight Scots, two English and one Irish player in the starting line-up. Our three substitutes were all Scottish, meaning we ended the game with nine Scots (albeit one got sent-off) and two English.

Hertz had five Scots, one Pole, one Brazilian, one Belgium, one Nigerian and two Spanish. Two of their three substitutes were Scottish with the other being Canadian. They ended the game with six Scots.

I, personally, think it's great to see so many Scottish players playing for the Hibees. It would have been more if Fyvie and McGeouch were not injured.

BSEJVT
17-02-2016, 09:49 AM
I also think that's why our Derby record has improved.

These are guys that know what its about and what playing for Hibs means

Given the choice I would always have a Hibs team loaded with Scottish & British players.

Obviously if talents like Sauzee & Latapy are obtainable you would have to have them, but I would rather have a Scottish player with 90% of the ability than some of the foreign duds we have suffered in recent years.

I don't see any single player that pulls on a Hibs shirt these days giving less than 100% and with attitude and confidence to match

dangermouse
17-02-2016, 10:10 AM
I thought in the first half their imports were going about their business in a similar fashion to the imports we had for "that" final. The Hibs team wanted it more although Hearts came more into it in the second half our defence was resolute.

We'll probably get pumped 0-3 by Alloa now :offski:

matty_f
17-02-2016, 10:18 AM
How wrong must your life have gone to be Brazilian and end up at the yams?! :faf:

bigwheel
17-02-2016, 10:20 AM
How wrong must your life have gone to be Brazilian and end up at the yams?! :faf:

to be honest, they were such pussies last night, i reckon there's a few Brazilians in that team! :greengrin

greenginger
17-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Most of the imports the Yams have brought in have been with numerous clubs already. Decent players on their day but no commitment beyond their wage packets.

Now they are out of the cup and look like they have 3rd place all but sown up, sell outs at the PBS might be less frequent.

Of course there is the juicy bonus all the imports have in their contracts for Euro qualification. :cb

Mrs Budge will have to do some bean counting. The New Wonder Stand at Gorgie might have to wait.