PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Prices on Sunday

Pretty Boy
17-02-2016, 09:28 AM
Maybe a bit late in the day but is there an option for a price reduction on Sunday?

It's been an expensive month to be a Hibs fan, not a moan just an observation, and it's not going to get any cheaper in the next couple of weeks.

As good as a full house last night so would £5 children, £15 adults as a one off thank you maybe help keep a few of those who attended last night keep coming along? I'm normally sceptical about price reductions but I think on the back of last night it may just work and get a decent crowd along to another huge game.

ManBearPig
17-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Agreed especially with game being on telly even say reduced for people who attended the Derby.....

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 09:30 AM
Cracking idea as a one off and thank you to the fans.

duffers
17-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Wouldn't work as there would already have been some tickets sold.

Andy74
17-02-2016, 09:34 AM
Maybe a bit late in the day but is there an option for a price reduction on Sunday?

It's been an expensive month to be a Hibs fan, not a moan just an observation, and it's not going to get any cheaper in the next couple of weeks.

As good as a full house last night so would £5 children, £15 adults as a one off thank you maybe help keep a few of those who attended last night coming along? I'm normally sceptical about price reductions but I think on the back of last night it may just work and get a decent crowd along to another huge game.

It starts to hit season ticket holders who paid up front though.

Every match now we have a request to reduce prices. It rarely works in getting more people in. You either want to watch this team or not!

scoopyboy
17-02-2016, 09:40 AM

As good as a full house last night so would £5 children, £15 adults as a one off thank you maybe help keep a few of those who attended last night keep coming along? I'm normally sceptical about price reductions but I think on the back of last night it may just work and get a decent crowd along to another huge game.

You might as well start a thread for reduced prices for the quarters before somebody else does.

Just pay the going rate the same as everybody else does.

Pretty Boy
17-02-2016, 09:49 AM
It starts to hit season ticket holders who paid up front though.

Every match now we have a request to reduce prices. It rarely works in getting more people in. You either want to watch this team or not!

I'm a ST holder and regularly use the same argument.

Just think as a one off in an expensive couple of months it might work. It would be disappointing to see us back to 10K this weekend after a great crowd last night.

It's not impossible that someone has paid £26 last Sunday, £28 last night and £25 due on Monday plus additional kids to those games. That's a whack of cash and as a one off I think it's an idea.

iwasthere1972
17-02-2016, 09:53 AM

I know where you're coming from. However to reward the so called 'missing fans' a discount for Sunday just because they came along to Easter Road last night for a Scottish Cup replay against the Jambos in a match that wasn't on the telly is basically a kick in the teeth to fans who have season tickets and turn up regular for games not included in their season ticket. I still don't think a reduction of about £7 to tempt fans back to Easter Road, especially against Alloa, would put much on the gate.

Much rather the club offered season tickets holders the option of buying an extra ticket at a discounted rate which they could pass on to family or friends. So long as we get the loyality points. :stirrer:

iwasthere1972
17-02-2016, 09:59 AM
I'm a ST holder and regularly use the same argument.

Just think as a one off in an expensive couple of months it might work. It would be disappointing to see us back to 10K this weekend after a great crowd last night.

It's not impossible that someone has paid £26 last Sunday, £28 last night and £25 due on Monday plus additional kids to those games. That's a whack of cash and as a one off I think it's an idea.

Me. £28 last Sunday, £28 last night and £25 due on Monday. All of course not included in season ticket except one of the matches if you had a crystal ball last year and opted for the cup top up. If our performances this season, especially during the last few weeks, can't get fans back then I don't know what will. A few quid off a ticket certainly won't.

lucky
17-02-2016, 10:00 AM
I'm not expecting a crowd above 9000 on Sunday. The amount of cash I've shelled out for Hibs in the last couple of months is pretty heavy. Im a ST holder and will be there but the two games against Hearts £56, St.Johnstone semi £20, Raith away, Falkirk away, Livingston away, League cup final tickets next week. Add in travel costs and beer it's not been cheap. I suspect families will be choosing their games as not many families have an unlimited budget. But it's great we keep winning

Pretty Boy
17-02-2016, 10:10 AM
I'm not expecting a crowd above 9000 on Sunday. The amount of cash I've shelled out for Hibs in the last couple of months is pretty heavy. Im a ST holder and will be there but the two games against Hearts £56, St.Johnstone semi £20, Raith away, Falkirk away, Livingston away, League cup final tickets next week. Add in travel costs and beer it's not been cheap. I suspect families will be choosing their games as not many families have an unlimited budget. But it's great we keep winning

That's pretty much what I was getting at.

If I have nothing major (wedding, funeral etc) on then I just don't miss Hibs games. I had to give Livingston a miss on Saturday as finances just wouldn't stretch.

I suspect I'm not alone there.

iwasthere1972
17-02-2016, 10:29 AM

Get a bike and forego the beers. Immediate saving.

Simples.

Just Jimmy
17-02-2016, 10:34 AM
I was there last night but i'm working Sunday early so I won't finish until 1. I can't make ER in that time but I'll see the game on tv. I'm spewing that I can't be there in person.

lucky
17-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Get a bike and forego the beers. Immediate saving.

Simples.

How can you save if you've already spent it? 😀 Joking aside football is expensive but I'd rather we won and I spent more than lost and saved. But the overall pricing must be looked at. Even at this stage I'd announce all home games in the league are free entry for under 12s (except Rangers) with a paying adult. £22 for a game against Alloa is just daft.

Golden Bear
17-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Maybe the thread title should be changed to "Should we have reduced prices on Sunday?," otherwise it will be taken as a Hibs Net "FACT"

:coffee:

hibee_girl
17-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I think they should give us non CTU holders the ICT game for free :greengrin

iwasthere1972
17-02-2016, 11:50 AM
I think they should give us non CTU holders the ICT game for free :greengrin

Best post today. I'm up for that. Where do I sign?

Captain Trips
17-02-2016, 11:53 AM
I think best practice is to reduce a game that the tickets are yet to go on sale for.

MartinfaePorty
17-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Does this work in reverse? If there's only 1 home game during a particular month do we charge more?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

marinello59
17-02-2016, 12:14 PM
[/B]

Me. £28 last Sunday, £28 last night and £25 due on Monday. All of course not included in season ticket except one of the matches if you had a crystal ball last year and opted for the cup top up. If our performances this season, especially during the last few weeks, can't get fans back then I don't know what will. A few quid off a ticket certainly won't.

Agreed.
There was an extra 7000 Hibs fans there last night and those are the fans the club need to reach out to. The team provided the perfect sales pitch. As you say, a few quid won't make a difference, that performance and result should.

Hibby70
17-02-2016, 12:33 PM
I'd like to see reduced prices for the ICT game. Maybe £20 for adults and £5 for kids.

Expensive day out for Inverness fans and we've all had to shell out a lot recently.

Try to get another huge crowd for our other road to Hampden.

brog
17-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Before (& after) the replay prices were announced a number of posters on here were forecasting we wouldn't get near a sell out & suggested we charge £20. Now I don't know where the supposedly missing 1,000 were but even if we say another 1,000 tickets had been sold we would have gained £20k but lost about £155k. I'm all in favour of pricing initiatives but unfortunately these things need decent advance planning. The Alloa tickets have been on sale for weeks now.

SmashinGlass
17-02-2016, 09:09 PM
I can see the merits of both sides of the argument and, as a st holder, normally I'd be annoyed at effectively losing out. However, I would be more than happy for the club to reduce prices for a single game as a reward for our showing up and successfully backing the lads through a tough few weeks. I would be happy to take the hit

hibby6270
17-02-2016, 09:55 PM
The ST holder getting upset argument about reducing prices for a league game is normally a good one but this season my CTU ST has proved to be an absolute bargain for once. In view of this I for one certainly wouldn't grudge the club 'rewarding' those non ST holders who were there last night with a reduced price ticket for an upcoming league game. Especially a televised one which is bound to have an effect on crowd numbers.

Scouse Hibee
17-02-2016, 09:58 PM
We both can't make the game so have given our ST's away for the game. A reduced price wouldn't bother me one bit.

wookie70
17-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Kids go free with paying adult for the rest of the season may be money well spent if we keep playing the way we are. Lots of nagging kids pressuring parents for a ST next year. Very expensive for families and I imagine the family walk ups would go to a few more games if kids were cheaper or free.

greenlex
17-02-2016, 10:09 PM

I'd go further and make it cheaper. Expensive time for Hibs fans of late and were not done yet. I don't think there would be too much dissent from season ticket holders if it was a one or two off on Sunday and Wednesday. £10 and £5. Let's get the place rocking.