PDA

View Full Version : Henderson

J-C
17-02-2016, 07:05 AM
I'd just like to say I've never seen a loan player give so much for our cause in a long while, maybe never ( except Griffiths maybe :greengrin ) the laddie ran his legs into the ground last night, he chased, he harried, he got hacked down and even got an elbow in the face but he got up dusted himself down and carried on as usual, well done son a fantastic attitude to the game.

SeanWilson
17-02-2016, 07:45 AM
I'd just like to say I've never seen a loan player give so much for our cause in a long while, maybe never ( except Griffiths maybe :greengrin ) the laddie ran his legs into the ground last night, he chased, he harried, he got hacked down and even got an elbow in the face but he got up dusted himself down and carried on as usual, well done son a fantastic attitude to the game.

Still cant believe Celtic have let him out on loan, the lad is superb and will be very difficult to replace. Having him and McGinn in midfield is an absolute delight! :agree:

The_Horde
17-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Still cant believe Celtic have let him out on loan, the lad is superb and will be very difficult to replace. Having him and McGinn in midfield is an absolute delight! :agree:

He's a good player but he's nowhere near the celtic first team level. I hope we can keep him!

doddsy
17-02-2016, 07:48 AM

I am definitely a member of the Liam Henderson fan club. Top Top Player. Love you Liam.

I wish with all my heart he stays a bit longer but he is a fantastic player so enjoy him while he's here.

Thank you Liam. Top Player.

SeanWilson
17-02-2016, 07:55 AM
He's a good player but he's nowhere near the celtic first team level. I hope we can keep him!

you have to be on one? Maybe back in 2001...

I'd have him in ahead of Scott Brown.. :agree:

Roxyhibee
17-02-2016, 07:59 AM

Totally disagree. Henderson is easily as good as any Celtic midfield player right now. His spirit, passion and confidence alone would get him into that faceless shower of overrated p!sh.

He's a high quality class player and a genuine future Scotland star. Let's enjoy him while we can as he's only just signed a 3 year deal with Celtic. Not sure they'll be able to hang onto him in a couple of years once he's physically developed.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-02-2016, 08:06 AM
Personally i think he's absolute *****.....and ill be telling celtic that myself. ....they should tear his contact immediately. I do think it would be sporting of hibs to sign him permanently. ..purely as cover of course because we don't really need him:wink:

MyJo
17-02-2016, 08:09 AM
Hendo hates the hearts :aok:

theonlywayisup
17-02-2016, 08:13 AM
He's probably been our most consistent midfielder in the last few weeks. Rarely has a poor game, or even a poor 10 minutes in a game.

Him and McGinn are surely Scotland's midfield future.

GreenCastle
17-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Another player that gets Hibs.

Love his attitude and celebrations.

Love watching him play and would love to keep him.

Only thing missing is scoring more goals - but has a quality delivery on him.

Jim44
17-02-2016, 08:19 AM

If we get promotion, I suspect Celtic will take him back. If we are still in the Championship, they might extend his loan contract.

easty
17-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Totally disagree. Henderson is easily as good as any Celtic midfield player right now.

Dunno about that. Hendersons a good player, and if we can keep him for another year I'll be delighted, but they have a lot of good midfielders. If you took any one of Brown, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven, Johanson, Biton, Scott Allan even (and he cannae get in their team) and put them in our team, they'd be standing out as class as well.

He's doing the business for us just now though, that's plenty good enough for me :aok:

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Thought some of his play in the first half was fantastic, great ball in for Jason's 2nd chance which should have been a goal.

Elephant Stone
17-02-2016, 08:52 AM
He looks like a nightmare to play against, love watching him.

Hibeewilly
17-02-2016, 10:52 AM
He is a Hibs supporter so he's living the dream and doing fantastically well:agree:

BSEJVT
17-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Like all of our current squad he is busting a gut every single game

Well done Liam

Col2
17-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Henderson for me represents all the positivity around our club. His energy, passion, will to win and team mentality are first class.

He just never stopped running last night.

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 10:55 AM
He is a Hibs supporter so he's living the dream and doing fantastically well:agree:

Dont think he is not that it matters as he is a great player for us and his creativity and ability is great to see.

Captain Trips
17-02-2016, 10:58 AM
For I would say the last 6/7 years we have used the loan system a lot and pretty badly. Some of the dross that has been through ER on loan has helped in putting us back to square one.

Stubbs for me will not get everything right but his loan players have had a purpose and not just getting squad numbers up. Stubbs has used the loan system to perfection for me, some of our past managers have been nothing short of shambolic in that field.

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2016, 11:05 AM
A super player with a fantastic attitude ...... if Carlsberg made loan players :aok:

Smartie
17-02-2016, 11:09 AM
For I would say the last 6/7 years we have used the loan system a lot and pretty badly. Some of the dross that has been through ER on loan has helped in putting us back to square one.

Stubbs for me will not get everything right but his loan players have had a purpose and not just getting squad numbers up. Stubbs has used the loan system to perfection for me, some of our past managers have been nothing short of shambolic in that field.

I think that's a wee bit harsh on the way previous managers used the loan system.

The loan system was used to apply sticking plasters to the gaping wounds in our permanent player recruitment policy.

Fenlon in particular improved the squad by bringing in a lot of players on loan - he had to because the players who were already here were abysmally short of what was required.

Stubbs has the permanent recruitment right meaning that he can choose the odd bit of quality via the loan market which imo he has done brilliantly. It's far easier for the likes of Henderson to come in to a settled, positive dressing room and make an impact than a really disjointed one. It also means that you can get players of the quality of Stokes for short spells which would have been frankly unbelievable not too long ago.

Captain Trips
17-02-2016, 11:20 AM
I think that's a wee bit harsh on the way previous managers used the loan system.

The loan system was used to apply sticking plasters to the gaping wounds in our permanent player recruitment policy.

Fenlon in particular improved the squad by bringing in a lot of players on loan - he had to because the players who were already here were abysmally short of what was required.

Stubbs has the permanent recruitment right meaning that he can choose the odd bit of quality via the loan market which imo he has done brilliantly. It's far easier for the likes of Henderson to come in to a settled, positive dressing room and make an impact than a really disjointed one. It also means that you can get players of the quality of Stokes for short spells which would have been frankly unbelievable not too long ago.

I disagree the loans by and large Fenlon brought in were shocking not really any better than what we had. So no I do not think harsh. I do not think it was unbelievable Calderwood got Griffiths in so it was possible. Our last few managers wasted resources and wages on total guff by and large.

Stubbs has brought in first team players and even signed some on permanent.

Smartie
17-02-2016, 11:34 AM
I disagree the loans by and large Fenlon brought in were shocking not really any better than what we had. So no I do not think harsh. I do not think it was unbelievable Calderwood got Griffiths in so it was possible. Our last few managers wasted resources and wages on total guff by and large.

Stubbs has brought in first team players and even signed some on permanent.

During the Calderwood/ Fenlon season we were seriously toiling in the first half of the season and were in danger of going down.

When Calderwood was sacked in November you would never have believed that we'd reach a cup final. I accept that that loan players that came in weren't great - but they were better than what we had and played a part in our improvement. We were in a pickle, Fenlon had to do something and that's what he did.

It's probably not fair to separate the loan and permanent signings - they should be grouped together under player recruitment really. That is where the work that Stubbs (not to mention his back room staff and Dempster) has done has been night and day from the rubbish that went before.

Captain Trips
17-02-2016, 11:44 AM
During the Calderwood/ Fenlon season we were seriously toiling in the first half of the season and were in danger of going down.

When Calderwood was sacked in November you would never have believed that we'd reach a cup final. I accept that that loan players that came in weren't great - but they were better than what we had and played a part in our improvement. We were in a pickle, Fenlon had to do something and that's what he did.

It's probably not fair to separate the loan and permanent signings - they should be grouped together under player recruitment really. That is where the work that Stubbs (not to mention his back room staff and Dempster) has done has been night and day from the rubbish that went before.

Fenlon won 5 spl for the remainder of that season, yes we got to a cup final but his signings were terrible, we were a spl club a big club we still had good resources and they were wasted by bad managers making bad decisions/ Even though we went down Butcher had more at his disposal than a lot of clubs had as did Fenlon. By and large signings were awful. Alan Stubbs has had to sell a club to players that isnt even in the top flight and not guaranteed to be in it as it stands yet has found some real gems.

Hibs Giant
17-02-2016, 12:46 PM

I'm glad someone said this. He gave absolutely everything. Sensational.

Clancy
17-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Henderson would be an unbelievable signing for the club, however the chances are very, very slim on Celtic letting a player like that go.

wookie70
17-02-2016, 04:00 PM
He has everything you need to be a top class player. Skill, combative, strong, likes to win his personal battles. energy, will to win, stamina, vision, footballing brain and the heart to bring it all together. He has had all these attributes since he came to Hibs but struggled to put them all together at times. The purpose of the loan was for him to get game time to improve and it has served Hibs and Celtic very well in that regard. He now has the taste for first team football and I doubt he will want to go back to sit on Celtic's bench.

70KevinHFC62
17-02-2016, 04:03 PM
He has everything you need to be a top class player. Skill, combative, strong, likes to win his personal battles. energy, will to win, stamina, vision, footballing brain and the heart to bring it all together. He has had all these attributes since he came to Hibs but struggled to put them all together at times. The purpose of the loan was for him to get game time to improve and it has served Hibs and Celtic very well in that regard. He now has the taste for first team football and I doubt he will want to go back to sit on Celtic's bench.

Exactly right, I can see us having him on another 6 month loan from the summer

hibeesjoe
17-02-2016, 04:06 PM
The type of loan player I love. Gives absolutely everything for the team instead of just turning up knowing he won't be here come the summer. Looks like he is really enjoying himself at Easter road. Loved how he clapped the Hibs fans when he came over and took the first corner against the tramps.

lucky
17-02-2016, 04:16 PM
His passion and commitment can't be questioned. He is an extremely talented footballer but I think he's a bit slow for top level football, I'm talking EPL and CL. As a loan player he's been fantastic but I'm not sure he will go to the top due to lack of pace. But if we could I'd sign him now as he's more than good enough for the Scottish Premiership.

Smartie
17-02-2016, 04:18 PM

It's easy to forget that he's only 19.

He'll be all the better for his experience playing for us and there's no point in him going back to play reserve team football next year.

They may want him to come back to us but I suspect they'd like him to pick up a bit more European experience and may want him to go abroad or to England.

TBH he's done well enough in the games against Premier League opposition that he might be able to go back and challenge for a place in their first team. He's certainly not far away.

les83
17-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Must agree. Henderson has been a great loan signing. He works so hard, wants to win every ball etc. I'd love us to keep hold of him for a bit longer! :agree::agree:

LustForLeith
17-02-2016, 04:32 PM
A couple of my mates are Celtic fans and they both said he would be one to watch this season

hibs supporter
17-02-2016, 04:50 PM
We have to do everything this summer to sign him plays well every time he plays

WhileTheChief..
17-02-2016, 05:13 PM
He will be our first signing in the summer I reckon.

Closely followed by Stokes :)

bigwheel
17-02-2016, 05:15 PM
He will be our first signing in the summer I reckon.

Closely followed by Stokes :)

dream on...he has 4 year deal at Celtic , just signed...great young player - no way we are signing him next season...

marinello59
17-02-2016, 05:16 PM
We have to do everything this summer to sign him plays well every time he plays

I think that he will be a first team player at Celtic next season.

HappyHanlon
17-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Dont think he is not that it matters as he is a great player for us and his creativity and ability is great to see.

His Grandad's a Hibs fan

scoopyboy
17-02-2016, 05:36 PM
His Grandad's a Hibs fan

I think I'm right in saying his grandfather (Thomson Allan) played for Hibs.

WhileTheChief..
17-02-2016, 05:36 PM
dream on...he has 4 year deal at Celtic , just signed...great young player - no way we are signing him next season...

Celtic always do that with younger players but few make it to become regular first team players there.

My dream will become a reality - maybe not the Stokes part but Liam will soon be a Hibs player!

easty
17-02-2016, 05:56 PM
I think that he will be a first team player at Celtic next season.

If they sack Delia, then whoever comes in might want experience rather than youth. If that's the case then Henderson could be down the pecking order.

Roxyhibee
17-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Dunno about that. Hendersons a good player, and if we can keep him for another year I'll be delighted, but they have a lot of good midfielders. If you took any one of Brown, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven, Johanson, Biton, Scott Allan even (and he cannae get in their team) and put them in our team, they'd be standing out as class as well.

He's doing the business for us just now though, that's plenty good enough for me :aok:

Hear what you're saying and cannot deny they they are all good players, and would have any one of them at Easter Road in our squad, but it seems to me we are getting a lot more out of Liam than Celtic are getting out if their midfield players. (Of course I have to confess I'm only going by what I see on limited tv highlights, reading reports, speaking to Celtic fans, etc,)

But Liam seems to be just what they need right now - his attitude is incredibly positive, he has top drawer skills, is a constant pest to the opposition and he's playing in every game for us now. I think Delia would be playing him in games.

And I would love a game against Celtic, as I think our midfield (fully fit) would not be shaded by theirs in the least and more than match then as a unit, no problem.

We will not see Liam again after the summer. Unfortunately. But yes, loving watching him at the moment in the worlds greatest football strip..

The_Sauz
17-02-2016, 07:27 PM
He is not a Hibs fan, but his grandfather is :agree:
Celtic have signed another midfielder today http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35597875

easty
17-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Celtic have signed another midfielder today http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35597875

the new guy is class on football manager :agree:

Arch Stanton
17-02-2016, 07:42 PM
I loved it when he let rip during SoL 1.10 into this vid (just after he picks his nose)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yllvwrlp3AA

Sir David Gray
17-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Brilliant player.

Really talented guy who will hopefully go a long way in the game.

It's a pity he's not our player.

gaz1875
17-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Liam was superb first half yesterday, even before he was subbed second half he was the only midfielder bursting a gut to get the ball :top marks

MyJo
17-02-2016, 07:49 PM
I reckon we will have him on loan again next season,

He isn't ready to be first team at Celtic next season as he would be fighting against Brown, Johansen, Bitton, Armstrong, Mackay-Stevens, Forrest & Allan.
If Johansen or Bitton are sold the fans will demand a big signing to replace them rather than having Henderson fill the gap.
They have just signed another midfielder in Ryan Christie for next season as well.
He seems to love it at Hibs just now and wont want to go back to not playing every week
he is a mainstay of our squad and its benefitting him and Celtic the amount of playing time and experience he is gaining with us.
he still has 3 years to run on his contract so is unlikely to be released from it but another season on loan playing SPL level (hopefully) would be a reasonable option for Celtic.
Stubbs & Dempster seem to have a decent relationship with the powers-that-be at parkhead so could convince them to let us have him again

Nutmegged
17-02-2016, 09:00 PM
The Celtic fans are demanding he's brought back and used, he's a better player than Armstrong, GMS, Forrest, Johansen and Allan

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-02-2016, 09:33 PM
I loved it when he let rip during SoL 1.10 into this vid (just after he picks his nose)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yllvwrlp3AA

Class! Btw he didn't pick his nose, I was in the east and saw it, he was pointing to his head/nose or inbetween his eyes (no idea why).

Everyone picks their nose now and again though :greengrin

Jdawg
17-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Love the way he celebrates goals and not just when he scores, plays with so much passion, he is a winner. Very bright career ahead.

Waxy
17-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Yeh it's our duty to notify celtic that hes been rotten, but as a goodwill gesture we'll take him off their hands for free.

gorgie greens
17-02-2016, 10:50 PM
with all the mess going on at darkheid i think we should at least try and test the waters and see if he can be signed, they are in such a mess through there and with another midfielder signed for Celtic why not , you can see that he is enjoying himself here so go for it.

SkintHibby
17-02-2016, 11:54 PM

Really? I worked with Thomson Allan around 25 years ago and he never, ever mentioned to me about being a Hibby.

ACLeith
18-02-2016, 06:20 AM
If he returns to Celtic and plays against us in the league next season I am sure he will get a great reception, such is the relationship he has built up with us. The only other player I can recall this happening to in a major way was Jim Leighton.

YehButNoBut
21-02-2016, 08:57 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35622466?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

See from this article that Deila plans to trim his squad in the summer (hopefully he stays & gets the chance) amid claims he has signed too many midfielders.

Could this give us an opportunity to get Liam on a permanent deal, let's hope so and I'm sure Leeann will be thinking the same.

Probably no move made until we know we will be in the Prem next season, we just have to make it.

I'm_cabbaged
21-02-2016, 09:06 AM
I doubt he'll be one of the ones being off loaded unfortunately. He'll be kept for one for the future.

Hibbyradge
21-02-2016, 09:23 AM
The only chance Liam would sign for Hibs would be as part of a deal for John McGinn and that assumes no wealthy English club has bothered to have a look at Hibs this season.

In other words, no chance whatsoever.

O'Rourke3
21-02-2016, 09:27 AM
I think I'm right in saying his grandfather (Thomson Allan) played for Hibs.

Scoops, it's his other granddad. I started that rumour in error by putting 2 and 2 together and coming up Butcher :slipper:.

LustForLeith
21-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Interview with Stubbs in today's Sun has his saying that he'd love to keep Hendersn at Hibs but it's a discussion he'll be having with Delia.

Also in the same paper they point out that Celtic yesterday broug in three young midfielders in Christie, Allan and the guy from Man City whose at the club for eighteen months.

I think Henderson could be loaned out again next season and I'd take him in a minute.

bawheid
21-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Delia was saying after yesterday's game that he has too many midfielders and his squad will need slimmed down. I could see Henderson leaving if the price is right. There would be a few clubs after him mind...

J-C
21-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Delia was saying after yesterday's game that he has too many midfielders and his squad will need slimmed down. I could see Henderson leaving if the price is right. There would be a few clubs after him mind...

I think he may have talking about the older guys in the squad and the ones who haven't done it, I can see a pretty young Celtic team next year but we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Eyrie
21-02-2016, 11:38 AM

Henderson is young enough that they will want to keep him, but he'll be sent out on loan to get game time. We're the logical place for him to come, since he's fitted in well, is getting excellent coaching, will be easy enough for them to monitor him and he can't play against Celtc.

gaz1875
21-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Strolled the game today :agree:

WhileTheChief..
21-02-2016, 04:18 PM
They've got 22 midfielders and have just brought in a 17 yr old and the boy from from Man City on loan. Henderson isn't in their plans at all.

So if Celtic want to move him on Hibs is the obvious place for him to come :greengrin

ancient hibee
21-02-2016, 06:41 PM
They've got 22 midfielders and have just brought in a 17 yr old and the boy from from Man City on loan. Henderson isn't in their plans at all.

So if Celtic want to move him on Hibs is the obvious place for him to come :greengrin

But would he want a drop in dosh?

J-C
21-02-2016, 06:47 PM

Regular 1st team football and play with a manager and team that you enjoy, probably yes, football isn't always about money, ask McGeouch who took a wage cut to come here.

ACLeith
21-02-2016, 06:50 PM

For probably a big cut in wages we could offer -
A regular game
Great coaching to develop further
The strong support of fans
A chance to be seen and to get the chance of a big money move in a couple more years.

All assuming we are promoted of course.

Mibbes Aye
21-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Whether he stays or he goes, he was great today.

His dink of a pass for the first goal. His ability to find space between their defence and midfield. That throughball with the freekick before the ref made him retake it. His commitment and enthusiasm throughout.

His MOTM was never in doubt and it's an absolute pleasure to watch him wearing the green and white.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Folk who are assuming Hendo isn't in Celtic in Celtics plans are a little mistaken, IMO. Getting him on a permanent deal is wishful thinking as they see Liam as a long term replacement for Brown. They wouldn't of gave him a 4 year deal just before signing for us, and he wouldn't of signed it if there wasn't a chance he'd be in Celtics plans. Even if there was a chance to get him permanently, I seriously doubt we could afford their asking price.

Best we can hope for is another loan, sadly.

easty
22-02-2016, 08:00 AM
Folk who are assuming Hendo isn't in Celtic in Celtics plans are a little mistaken, IMO. Getting him on a permanent deal is wishful thinking as they see Liam as a long term replacement for Brown. They wouldn't of gave him a 4 year deal just before signing for us, and he wouldn't of signed it if there wasn't a chance he'd be in Celtics plans. Even if there was a chance to get him permanently, I seriously doubt we could afford their asking price.

I've read that a few times now, that he's the "long term replacement for Brown", where's it come from? I don't think I've ever heard/read anyone from Celtic actually saying it.

Is it just a couple of fans opinions that have grown legs?

SeanWilson
22-02-2016, 08:03 AM

If I'm a young talented footballer and Celtic are offering me decent money for 4 years secured on the premise that I'm probably going to be loaned out... I'd bite their hand off.

WhileTheChief..
22-02-2016, 08:03 AM
It's only the one poster on here that keeps saying it, no idea where he gets this idea from.