PDA

View Full Version : Mark Oxley

RC1875
17-02-2016, 01:24 AM
Thoughts on Oxleys distribution in the second half, hopeful punts to nobody, winning or not do we want to see this. See Stubbs applaud one of the kick that went straight to Alexander's hands

monktonharp
17-02-2016, 01:29 AM
big Oxley done everything right, imho with the exc:confused:eption of 2 huge punts directly down the middle of the park in the second half. I was amazed at that, but, was he expecting or agreed with forwards that this was to happen. I was expecting those kicks to go to either corner flag, so late in the game.

RC1875
17-02-2016, 01:35 AM
big Oxley done everything right, imho with the exc:confused:eption of 2 huge punts directly down the middle of the park in the second half. I was amazed at that, but, was he expecting or agreed with forwards that this was to happen. I was expecting those kicks to go to either corner flag, so late in the game.

Yeah I agree, I feel like if you're gonna give it a big punt then look for a deep throw in their half and make them work to get it back into our half. Although praise where it's due, another premiership team have tried and failed to put one past the big man at Easter road this season

KWJ
17-02-2016, 01:41 AM
Was the same at Tynie but my thoughts are that a striker could be getting on the end of it, especially if they're expecting it. Created one great chance for Cummings after a Stokes flick on. The ball is bouncing before the Hearts box, no reason a Hibee can't get on that.

HibsNutter
17-02-2016, 01:41 AM
Thoughts on Oxleys distribution in the second half, hopeful punts to nobody, winning or not do we want to see this. See Stubbs applaud one of the kick that went straight to Alexander's hands

Stubbs was trying to give him a bit of encouragement, while many in the crowd were on his back. He was really frustrating at that point though.

matty_f
17-02-2016, 01:43 AM

:agree: boy got a clean sheet in a Scottish Cup derby against them. I'll take a couple of shan kick outs in this instance.

J-C
17-02-2016, 07:59 AM
After the sendings off, he had men on both flanks with no one in the middle, he kicks the ball down the middle only for half his team mates to turn around and shout at him what the **** was he doing, distribution in the 2nd half was woeful.

Northernhibee
17-02-2016, 08:16 AM
We won ffs and we're singing players out

Hibs Class
17-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Thought he was lucky a couple of times to not get penalised for holding the ball more than six seconds, the one area where we got a break from the ref.

Captain Trips
17-02-2016, 08:31 AM
Oxley made some crucial decisions to claim corner catches and crosses these were vital at the time to calm things down, ok a couple of kick outs were not the best but he did a great job last night. The feeling of relief when he claimed the ball well outweighs any feelings about a couple of bad kick outs.

Islington Hibs
17-02-2016, 08:32 AM
You know what perhaps the Ox did punt the ball up a bit stupidly at times but he was great. Commanding and covered everything asked of 10/10

stevenhibs
17-02-2016, 08:34 AM
He had a great game, solid and commanding but I tell you what, I was absolutely bricking it that he was going to get a second yellow for time wasting.

greenlex
17-02-2016, 08:43 AM
Let's be honest he had little to do. For most of the game he could have been sat chatting to me.

J-C
17-02-2016, 10:27 AM
We won ffs and we're singing players out

Nobody is singling anyone out, we're just pointing out a part of his game which was poor last night and maybe added extra pressure on us because of that, kicking is a part he needs to work on.

Hermit Crab
17-02-2016, 10:46 AM
He didn't have too much to do but let's be honest it was an howler for the second offside goal. He palmed it against jaunma. Lucky he was offside.

WestEndHibee
17-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Let's be honest he had little to do. For most of the game he could have been sat chatting to me.

I don't understand this argument. It comes out all the time. Keepers do a lot more than just stop shots. They can see the whole pitch in front of them so have to command their team throughout the game. You don't get a defence as solid as ours is at the moment without a trusted keeper behind them. At such a young age he could develop into a cracking player.

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2016, 11:17 AM
I thought Oxley was poor, in fact it looked to me as if he was wanting to be sent off for time wasting. His flap at the cross where they scored their 2nd offside goal was awful, and his kicking was shocking.

He took a couple of easy crosses, but apart from that he could have sat beside me all night. The things he had to do in my opinion he did poorly, and i cant see how anyone could think differently about his display last night.

I was not convinced about him when he first signed, but he has won me over. I hope he does not go backwards, as we need a solid keeper and he's gradually become that.

I now expect to be slaughtered for this post, but he sailed very close to the wind last night with his time wasting, so much so i expected a 2nd yellow card for it.

A great result, and there was some very good positives too, Bartley immense, The back 4 look very very comfortable with him in front, and McGinn is a machine. Cummings just scores goals, the hardest part of the game and he does it all the time.

Stokes, he ran his heart out. Who would have thought he'd give that much for us, and Henderson runs himself into the ground EVERY game.

A fantastic night, bring on the Caley.:thumbsup:

emerald green
17-02-2016, 02:06 PM
I think referees are now watching how long Mark Oxley is taking with goal kicks. He got a yellow card last night, and I was genuinely concerned that Beaton might have have sent him off with a second yellow.

The irony is that Mark is probably now being singled out for this, yet when various goalkeepers come to ER to play in games against Hibs, and waste time from start to finish, no action is ever or very seldom taken.

Another example of the poor, and inconsistent, refereeing standards we have to suffer. By all means give MO a yellow card if and when it's justified, but start looking at our opposition goalkeepers too. Just want a level playing field. Is that too much to expect?

Boyle89
17-02-2016, 02:10 PM
His time wasting will come back to haunt us one day. You could say it did last season with ozturks goal in injury time. He gets booked for it quite a lot. Don't mind it in big games like last night but games against livi and Dumbarton there shouldn't be any need for it.
Still a good goaly though!

ancient hibee
17-02-2016, 02:15 PM
The wind was very strong behind him in the second half and he overcooked it twice.Yet Cummings should have scored when Stokes flicked on one of his very accurate kicks.He took time wasting to the limit to help us win the game so he gets shot at.Jeez.

Stevie Reid
17-02-2016, 02:26 PM
He does push it sometimes but I thought he was pretty unfortunate last night tbh - there's a difference between time wasting and not hurrying up to for the benefit of the opposition, and I believe that he was booked for the latter last night. We are under no obligation to do anything more quickly just because Hearts were chasing the game.

Some of his kicks last night were poor, but overall, distribution is one of the strongest parts of his game, and his excellent throw outs in the first half helped us attack quickly and build momentum. Dealt with everything else well, in conditions that weren't great for a goalkeeper.

givescotlandfreedom
17-02-2016, 03:12 PM
He does push it sometimes but I thought he was pretty unfortunate last night tbh - there's a difference between time wasting and not hurrying up to for the benefit of the opposition, and I believe that he was booked for the latter last night. We are under no obligation to do anything more quickly just because Hearts were chasing the game.

Some of his kicks last night were poor, but overall, distribution is one of the strongest parts of his game, and his excellent throw outs in the first half helped us attack quickly and build momentum. Dealt with everything else well, in conditions that weren't great for a goalkeeper.

I agree with you he was booked prematurely though should have got on with it a bit more after he was on a yellow. Compared to Hearts' and particularly young Rolf's time wasting at the piggery it was nothing.

Mark79
17-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Oxkey punted two drives straight down middle of park late on last night. On both occasions no one was in the middle (stokes was on left touchline and henderson on right for one of them).

Noticed that both stubbs and combe clapped him like it was a good thing. Not sure on the thinking behind that.i certainly don't think it was claps of encouragement.