PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

MountcastleHibs
16-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Lots of great performances tonight in a team high in confidence and playing well. However, I thought he deserved a thread of his own tonight. Absolutely outstanding performance and led the defence extremely well. He's just different class. Well done Paul.

MKHIBEE
16-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Lots of great performances tonight in a team high in confidence and playing well. However, I thought he deserved a thread of his own tonight. Absolutely outstanding performance and led the defence extremely well. He's just different class. Well done Paul.

couldnt agree more, a class act

cameronw-hfc
16-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Wow. :love ya!::hmmm:

hfc rd
16-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Just really hope we get him on a new contract

HibsNutter
16-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Thought he was so average for so long, wanted him gone after we went down but thankfully Stubbs saw talent and over the last eighteen months he's come on leaps and bounds. Our best centre half and we have three good 'uns. Get him signed up to a long-term deal now!

bookert
16-02-2016, 11:37 PM
Thought he was so average for so long, wanted him gone after we went down but thankfully Stubbs saw talent and over the last eighteen months he's come on leaps and bounds. Our best centre half and we have three good 'uns. Get him signed up to a long-term deal now!

Any idea why he got booked, I have no idea

monktonharp
16-02-2016, 11:52 PM

likewise. he has been fantastic this season. so sorry to see him missing the QF because of bookings. he made one challenge tonight that was absolutely fantastic and stopped them getting in.

wookie70
17-02-2016, 12:03 AM
Any idea why he got booked, I have no idea

By the look on Hanlon's face neither did he.

KWJ
17-02-2016, 12:48 AM
By the look on Hanlon's face neither did he.

The harsh booking at Tynie costing him too. That said, I'm happy for Fonts that he'll get another run out. 3 very good centre backs at the club right now, have we EVER had that before?

Baldy Foghorn
17-02-2016, 12:48 AM
Great performance. Solid pairing with McGregor...

Paul has really improved his all round game, he has been superb for us

tamig
17-02-2016, 12:50 AM

Hate to say it but, if that was your thinking, you're not a good judge of a footballer.

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2016, 03:10 AM
The harsh booking at Tynie costing him too. That said, I'm happy for Fonts that he'll get another run out. 3 very good centre backs at the club right now, have we EVER had that before?Probably Fenwick, Doumbe and Smith.

brog
17-02-2016, 03:53 AM
Gordon Greer is a 35 yo journeyman footballer who has 9 Scotland caps. Shamefully despite his many U21 caps Paul has never been quoted for the senior team. Let's try & change that!
PS, Garry Kenneth star of Selkirk is also a full Scotland cap, unreal!

J-C
17-02-2016, 07:08 AM
He's come on leaps and bounds from last year, bigger and stronger and better, well done.

J-C
17-02-2016, 07:09 AM
Gordon Greer is a 35 yo journeyman footballer who has 9 Scotland caps. Shamefully despite his many U21 caps Paul has never been quoted for the senior team. Let's try & change that!

IIRC was Hanlon not the Scotland U21 captain ?

Jones28
17-02-2016, 07:10 AM

Christophe Berra has a cap or two too I think.

Speedy
17-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Christophe Berra has a cap or two too I think.

I thought Berra had 20-30

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Paul played well however for me Darren McGregor was absolutely immense especially in dealing with the multiple high balls piled into the area. Paul on two or three occasions didnt really clear his lines as well as he might have wanted to.

Scorrie
17-02-2016, 08:30 AM
McGregor was immense last night alongside Hanlon. His covering across was superb

berwickhibee
17-02-2016, 09:31 AM
McGregor was immense last night alongside Hanlon. His covering across was superb

Agree:thumbsup:

lucky
17-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Hanlon played well as they all did. I thought he got booked for catching the yam after the ball was away. For me, It's McGregor and either Hanlon or Fontaine. Paul and Liam are both left side CHs and McGregor just gives us a better balance. But the reality is the 3 of them are decent CHs, that's the reason Forster is away on loan.

brog
17-02-2016, 07:47 PM
IIRC was Hanlon not the Scotland U21 captain ?

He certainly was. Mind you anyone remember the manager who capped Garry Kenneth? :wink:

ACLeith
17-02-2016, 08:43 PM
He certainly was. Mind you anyone remember the manager who capped Garry Kenneth? :wink:

Can't quite recall. Must have been someone with a deep knowledge of skilful players. Whatever happened to the guy? 😱

Conj
18-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Can't quite recall. Must have been someone with a deep knowledge of skilful players. Whatever happened to the guy? 😱

Garry Kenneth has signed for Gary O'Connor at Selkirk