PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn

Keyser Sauzee
16-02-2016, 10:47 PM
Surprised to not see a thread already on the go for him, I thought 1st half he was different class a bit less effective 2nd but we under a bit more pressure then. I love how easy he makes it look when he beats a man, doesn't really look like going by them then bang he's away :offski::hilarious absolutely love the guy!!

Andy74
16-02-2016, 10:53 PM
I believe we have won the raffle with this boy. Pretty sure we had no idea he was as good as he is. We will lose him before he becomes a legend but he certainly would be. A joy to watch.

Scottie
16-02-2016, 10:56 PM
He's what we have been missing the last decade. Just hope we can keep him fit and strong in the run in as he will be targeted by every team we play from now till the end of the season.

Love the song love the player SUPER JOHN McGinn :aok:

Super_JMcGinn
16-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Surprised to not see a thread already on the go for him, I thought 1st half he was different class a bit less effective 2nd but we under a bit more pressure then. I love how easy he makes it look when he beats a man, doesn't really look like going by them then bang he's away :offski::hilarious absolutely love the guy!!
I have loved many a Hibs player over the years, but this guy is on a different planet. I LOVE JOHN MCGINN I JUST DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND :greengrin

Glory Lurker
16-02-2016, 10:58 PM
I've heard it said that he's so good, he's better than Zidane. And he wasn't a bad player.

lucky
16-02-2016, 10:59 PM
I believe we have won the raffle with this boy. Pretty sure we had no idea he was as good as he is. We will lose him before he becomes a legend but he certainly would be. A joy to watch.

Sadly your right. I doubt he'll be at Hibs next season. I've not seen a player drive from the midfield like this since Scott Brown left. Very good player, his low centre of gravity seems to give him great ability to turn and run

et_hibby
16-02-2016, 10:59 PM
He's ace, no question.

hibbytam
16-02-2016, 11:06 PM
I've heard it said that he's so good, he's better than Zidane. And he wasn't a bad player.

Was it McGinn who had the Zidane-esq acrobatic volley from about 25 yards out in the second half? Would have been world class if it went in.

Glory Lurker
16-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Was it McGinn who had the Zidane-esq acrobatic volley from about 25 yards out in the second half? Would have been world class if it went in.

I can't remember anyone doing that! Mind, I spent the last half hour watching through gaps between my fingers, so my recollection counts for hee haw.

Andy74
16-02-2016, 11:09 PM

It was.

iwasthere1972
16-02-2016, 11:11 PM

Indeed he did but better than Zidane.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-02-2016, 11:12 PM
He's decent.

Speedy
16-02-2016, 11:13 PM
The goal came from him. As did another 1 or 2 very good chances.

We've got McGinn, Super John McGinn...:thumbsup: :flag:

Glory Lurker
16-02-2016, 11:13 PM
I'm going to have to watch the highlights. I can't remember this - and I was stone, cold sober!

HibbyKeith
16-02-2016, 11:19 PM
When in full flow he's unplayable, a joy and privilege to watch!

Every ounce of energy left on the pitch from him at FT every week.

Just love the guy.

hfc rd
16-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Deserves that Scotland call-up. He's been magnificent since day one!

S4uzee
16-02-2016, 11:32 PM
He looked shattered towards the end but that determination when he won the ball back and got a free kick was different class.

Greenworld
17-02-2016, 12:05 AM
Sadly your right. I doubt he'll be at Hibs next season. I've not seen a player drive from the midfield like this since Scott Brown left. Very good player, his low centre of gravity seems to give him great ability to turn and run
He is John Collins when he first played for his so similar

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

monktonharp
17-02-2016, 12:20 AM
When in full flow he's unplayable, a joy and privilege to watch!

Every ounce of energy left on the pitch from him at FT every week.

Just love the guy.He was immense, as usual. he drifted out of the second half but near the end, he was one that took the ball for a walk and ghosted past this opponent which caused the player to bring him down. just what was needed at that time of the game. he reminds me of John Brownlie with the way he can just breeze past players at times. not a bit like Brownlie, in the way he does it, as he runs like a miniature gorilla wi his heid doon but gets results:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
17-02-2016, 12:27 AM
No reason he wont be here next season unless someone pays a big fee, doesn't seem like the type who would kick up a stink (Scott Allan) if we didn't let him move at the first chance.

Wouldn't have signed a 4 year deal if he planned to force a move after 1.

HoboHarry
17-02-2016, 12:30 AM
No reason he wont be here next season unless someone pays a big fee, doesn't seem like the type who would kick up a stink (Scott Allan) if we didn't let him move at the first chance.

Wouldn't have signed a 4 year deal if he planned to force a move after 1.
What you say has some truth in it but in fairness I don't know of many people (Hibs fans or not), who thought he would have the impact he has had thus far.....

monktonharp
17-02-2016, 12:32 AM
What you say has some truth in it but in fairness I don't know of many people (Hibs fans or not), who thought he would have the impact he has had thus far.....the buddies fans must be spewing though

HoboHarry
17-02-2016, 12:34 AM
the buddies fans must be spewing though
Did he play as well for them or did we just get him at the perfect time?

matty_f
17-02-2016, 12:39 AM
Did he play as well for them or did we just get him at the perfect time?

He was good at St Mirren but he's gone up a couple of levels at Hibs. He's class, one of my favourite Hibs players. Has an amazing attitude, work rate, and talent.

He could go far if he keeps developing like this.

KWJ
17-02-2016, 12:42 AM
the buddies fans must be spewing though

Nah, they still have spearthrower Thompson :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
17-02-2016, 12:44 AM
Great signing for us, who improves all the time, great determination, skill and athleticism....A huge player with a huge heart......Just keeps going, should be called duracell

monktonharp
17-02-2016, 12:47 AM
Nah, they still have spearthrower Thompson :greengrinsay what you like about Thompson, a bit over the hill now but was a good striker. very intelligent chap and a fully qualified solicitor as far as I know. naw, they must be seek, at losing wee Mc Ginn.

TrinityHibs
17-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Dear Deirdre

I am writing to you as I feel I need to get something off my chest. I have gone through my life being fairly mainstream. I enjoy going to the cinema, football and eating out nothing extraordinary but that's my life. Recently something has changed. I am questioning my sexuality. There's this guy, lets call him John, who gets my heart beating faster every time I see him. A drop of the shoulder and I start getting tingles running down my spine. He brings me joy every time he turns. He is talented and powerful, with a heart of a lion. I am 56 years old and I have never thought I would say this ...but.....I love a man. There you go I have come out I love a man. But not just a man a super man. I love super John McGinn. But that's not the problem. I thought it was just a one off. But no. I am starting to have similar feelings for this other guy Liam. What should I do?

Trinity Hibs

Dear Trinity Hibs

Just get yourself down to Easter Road and feel the love. :agree::agree::agree:

Deirdre

Dan Sarf
17-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Dear Deirdre

I am writing to you as I feel I need to get something off my chest. I have gone through my life being fairly mainstream. I enjoy going to the cinema, football and eating out nothing extraordinary but that's my life. Recently something has changed. I am questioning my sexuality. There's this guy, lets call him John, who gets my heart beating faster every time I see him. A drop of the shoulder and I start getting tingles running down my spine. He brings me joy every time he turns. He is talented and powerful, with a heart of a lion. I am 56 years old and I have never thought I would say this ...but.....I love a man. There you go I have come out I love a man. But not just a man a super man. I love super John McGinn. But that's not the problem. I thought it was just a one off. But no. I am starting to have similar feelings for this other guy Liam. What should I do?

Trinity Hibs

Dear Trinity Hibs

Deirdre

:top marks

FranckSuzy
17-02-2016, 10:33 AM
Dear Deirdre

Trinity Hibs

Dear Trinity Hibs

Deirdre

:not worth

Stevie Reid
17-02-2016, 10:55 AM
It's funny how things work out. One of Rangers' early derisory offers for Scott Allan was reportedly £100K - their interest of course sparked the unrest that eventually saw them lose out on him to Celtic, and furnished us with McGeough, Henderson and some cash. Which of course we used to buy a certain John McGinn - for £100K.

So the Rangers could actually have used what little money they had to acquire McGinn - instead they sparked of the chain reaction that saw him come to us, and see them get nothing.

Thanks very much :aok: