PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Announcer

Torto7062
16-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Think Mr DJ did a damn fine job tonight, every bit of chat had some dig at the Inbred's from Gorgie, song choices were spot on.

10/10 GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
16-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Apparently Leanne told him to go for it when he's been held back from doing it the past.

Class.

high bee
16-02-2016, 10:27 PM
Was meaning to post this, about time we had an announcer give it to them tight. Loved all his references to having the biggest derby attendance and biggest stadium. Plus all his mentions of the comeback at Tynie etc. Let's hope his P45 isn't in the post, somehow I doubt it, we are much better run nowadays.

lucky
16-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Did better but everything Hibs just now is great.

cabbageandribs1875
16-02-2016, 10:29 PM
i lost count after the 23rd time he announced the attendance in Edinburgh's largest(and most luxurious) football stadium

:)

O'Rourke3
16-02-2016, 10:30 PM
I'd still like better sound in the west upper and eye bleeding volume in the south

Ryan91
Sly and occasional from the Announcer tonight, but more importantly the majority of his chat was about getting behind the team and seeing us to victory.

Take a bow, Mr Announcer, Sir

California-Hibs
Can someone give a run down for us not there, of everything he said that had a good dig at them. Good to hear this as we've been too soft on them for years!

Hibernia&Alba
16-02-2016, 10:31 PM
Terrific and much more like it. :applause:

Alex Trager
16-02-2016, 10:31 PM
i lost count after the 23rd time he announced the attendance in Edinburgh's largest(and most luxurious) football stadium

:)

Never heard that once?
Hope they did though

(((Fergus)))
16-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Never heard that once?
Hope they did though

It provoked some seething on the Periscope feed. :greengrin

Alex Trager
16-02-2016, 10:34 PM
That is the fifth time I have heard about this periscope feed what is it?

One Day
16-02-2016, 10:39 PM
That is the fifth time I have heard about this periscope feed what is it?

I don't know what it is either

OsloHibs
16-02-2016, 10:39 PM
He was brilliant tonight :top marks

SaulGoodman
16-02-2016, 10:40 PM
I don't know what it is either

It's like a Livestream on Twitter, people can record the game straight from their phone and other people watching can see the footage, a few people were doing it tonight due to the game not being on TV.

Leith Mo
16-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Agree apart from announcing "thanks" to the x number of them in the Dunbar End. What happened to the other 440,000 they claim?

Glory Lurker
16-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Agree apart from announcing "thanks" to the x number of them in the Dunbar End. What happened to the other 440,000 they claim?

You know, I think him mentioning them was just a bit of Hibs class.

cabbageandribs1875
16-02-2016, 10:45 PM
Never heard that once?
Hope they did though

i could hear the seethe in sect 38 of the East, budge will be getting inundated with requests from jamboids wanting a bigger stadium than the Easter Road Pleasure dome, even if it's only an extra 100+ capacity, they do have a problem with bigness and smallness

p.s. a huge well done to the hibs fans over in the West nearest the jamboids...they didn't have give them it tight at the end :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2016, 10:50 PM
All together now in Hibeesland!

hfc rd
16-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Think Mr DJ did a damn fine job tonight, every bit of chat had some dig at the Inbred's from Gorgie, song choices were spot on.

10/10 GGTTH

I think he done great tonight. Only slight annoyance was when he thanked the hearts fans? But still, he did give it tight to them which was great.

Speedy
16-02-2016, 11:09 PM
Liked the bundesliga style celebration :thumbsup:

Jason...

16-02-2016, 11:12 PM
About time we toughened up a bit and started giving them back what they give to us every derby. Far to long we've been too soft and "nicey nicey".

Stax
16-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Thought he was over the score.

Which was fine by me, said for years we should be noising them up on and off the pitch.

Andy74
16-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Difficult to judge the actual chat. It's just noise at back of the East.

Glory Lurker
16-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Liked the bundesliga style celebration :thumbsup:

Jason...

Yep. That should be how he does it from now on. Class.

GreenCastle
16-02-2016, 11:17 PM
Good work and that's how it should be at our home !

Please can they just sort the speakers in the east !!! So bad near the back!

Coco Bryce
16-02-2016, 11:18 PM
He noised them up big time tonight 👍

HibsAnnouncer
17-02-2016, 12:29 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I am glad we have a degree of flexibility within the stadium now. I take on board the issues with the sound and will feedback to see how we can improve that.

I am keen to keep gauging the feedback and trying new ideas such as we did tonight to ensure you guys get the input you have craved for such a long period.

Tonight is a starting point!

Thanks for all your help tonight

tamig
17-02-2016, 01:31 AM

It was spot on. FTH.

Deansy
17-02-2016, 02:51 AM

10/10 GGTTH

What a refreshing change from those dark, archaic days when the DJ was sacked for playing 'I an the tax-man' in case it upset our 'newly-in-administration' neighbours !!

We weren't even playing them, we were playing Dundee UTD, ffs - wonder how the p*ick who made that decision feels now ......

Greencore
17-02-2016, 05:01 AM
Never heard a god damn thing I was in the east LOL!

Viva_Palmeiras
17-02-2016, 05:05 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I am glad we have a degree of flexibility within the stadium now. I take on board the issues with the sound and will feedback to see how we can improve that.

I am keen to keep gauging the feedback and trying new ideas such as we did tonight to ensure you guys get the input you have craved for such a long period.

Better call (for) SOL..

Hibs got somethin for your mind, your body and your soul.
#NotHeartsSteppingStone

Pete
17-02-2016, 05:10 AM
I wouldn't make winding up teams the norm though. It was good craic last night because of Wilsons wee dig but it's been replied to.

Can't be doing with constant tit fir tat stuff over the tannoy.

Class thanking the fans though. We all know it's insincere in some cases but we should be consistent. :thumbsup:

Onion
17-02-2016, 06:22 AM
I wouldn't make winding up teams the norm though. It was good craic last night because of Wilsons wee dig but it's been replied to.

Can't be doing with constant tit fir tat stuff over the tannoy.

Class thanking the fans though. We all know it's insincere in some cases but we should be consistent. :thumbsup:

:top marks Agree with all of that. Announcer was Hibs Class last night, with just the right balance of sarcasm, banter and support. One of the best performances in years and IMO helped to shut the Hearts fans up and encourage the Home fans. Well done.

mjhibby
17-02-2016, 06:48 AM
I'm all for a wee bit of windup but I hope the announcer doesn't become as bad as Scott Wilson. We have some class and style. Oh what the he'll. Girfuy. Yaaa beauty.

bigwheel
17-02-2016, 06:51 AM
well done overall..great to engage with the fans...and a bit of fun and atmosphere building does no harm...for me, the only bit I would suggest you change were the two pieces of music you played before kick off...didn't work for me..did not build up atmosphere and by and large took energy out of the crowd in the lead up to the kick off.

J-C
17-02-2016, 06:52 AM
The PA system in the east is shocking, was like listening to one of them comedy sketches re train station announcing, couldn't hear a thing he was saying.

stevenhibs
17-02-2016, 06:58 AM
The PA system in the east is shocking, was like listening to one of them comedy sketches re train station announcing, couldn't hear a thing he was saying.

I thought that exact thing. Haha

Surely a few dotted along the back wall would fix that, no problem.

Jay
17-02-2016, 07:03 AM
I thought the announcer was great last night, sounds pretty good in the west lower. Kept the atmosphere going, it was all about Hibs and getting behind the team. Well apart from thanking the away fans, that really rips ma knitting,

woodythehibee
17-02-2016, 07:22 AM
From what we could hear in the East (a very muffled sound) it was impressive.

BSEJVT
17-02-2016, 07:29 AM

Good luck to you getting the sound issues sorted out

IMO it's not good anywhere in the stadium

We were right at the back of upper west and I struggled to make out anything said.

woodythehibee
17-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Good luck to you getting the sound issues sorted out

IMO it's not good anywhere in the stadium

We were right at the back of upper west and I struggled to make out anything said.
East is the same. Much better sound at most other grounds which is odd. Glad hibs are trying to rectify it.

Diclonius
17-02-2016, 07:48 AM
Good to hear the announcer was on form tonight - however, all I could hear in the West Upper was the usual "WMMVCMPH T EHHSTE RHH FEH TH EHDHHBHHH DHHBHH!" The sound really needs sorting out.

Deek01
17-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Who was on the pitch at half time?

BSEJVT
17-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Tam McManus?

Geo_1875
17-02-2016, 09:01 AM
Could we get a set of speakers outside the East Stand because it's difficult to make out what's being said while having a smoke at half-time.

Scouse Hibee
17-02-2016, 09:01 AM
I sit in the West Upper and can hear the tannoy perfectly well, well done to the announcer last night, struck a perfect balance.

matty_f
17-02-2016, 09:05 AM
I would have liked the announcer to start a chant of 'you hearts b****rds' at random points throughout the match, but other than that - much better.

DaveF
17-02-2016, 09:14 AM
I would have liked the announcer to start a chant of 'you hearts b****rds' at random points throughout the match, but other than that - much better.

:faf: On fire this morning Matty :greengrin

Pretty Boy
17-02-2016, 09:14 AM
I thought thanking the Hearts fans was an utter piss take, aimed at them I should add. Well played.

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 10:15 AM
What a refreshing change from those dark, archaic days when the DJ was sacked for playing 'I an the tax-man' in case it upset our 'newly-in-administration' neighbours !!

We weren't even playing them, we were playing Dundee UTD, ffs - wonder how the p*ick who made that decision feels now ......

Yep wasnt even a Hearts game incredible decision.

Was Tam McManus at half time and heard the comment about he loved to score against Hearts and for the life of me couldnt remember him every doing so, though just remembered he scored in the 4-4 game, no wonder I didnt remember that. :wink:

linlithgowhibbie
17-02-2016, 11:09 AM
well done overall..great to engage with the fans...and a bit of fun and atmosphere building does no harm...for me, the only bit I would suggest you change were the two pieces of music you played before kick off...didn't work for me..did not build up atmosphere and by and large took energy out of the crowd in the lead up to the kick off.

Agree entirely with this. Big game like this we should stop the music 5-10 mins before kick off and let both sets of fans get on with it!!!

MB62
17-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Yep wasnt even a Hearts game incredible decision.

Was Tam McManus at half time and heard the comment about he loved to score against Hearts and for the life of me couldnt remember him every doing so, though just remembered he scored in the 4-4 game, no wonder I didnt remember that. :wink:

My first reaction was 'did they not celebrate as though they had won that game'? then realised they couldn't have because big teams don't celebrate getting draws with late goals :wink: :greengrin

MB62
17-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Good to hear the announcer was on form tonight - however, all I could hear in the West Upper was the usual "WMMVCMPH T EHHSTE RHH FEH TH EHDHHBHHH DHHBHH!" The sound really needs sorting out.

I sit in the West Upper and can hear the tannoy perfectly well, well done to the announcer last night, struck a perfect balance.

Think I need to get my ears syringed then because I sit in the NWUN and I hear exactly the same as RR.

MB62
17-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Even after the game, walking along to St. Clair's Street behind the FFS, he announced that we were being directed down there for 30 minutes after the game, as is normal after our customary wins against hearts.

p155ed myself laughing at that too,

:greengrin :thumbsup: :top marks

Ozyhibby
17-02-2016, 11:37 AM
Thought the goal scorer announcement was great but we really need a new sound system. We'll need to spend Cummings transfer money on it. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
17-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Thought the goal scorer announcement was great but we really need a new sound system. We'll need to spend Cummings transfer money on it. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or get some more folk signed up for HSL and use that, no?

:wink:

:greengrin

Hibby D
17-02-2016, 11:56 AM
I thought thanking the Hearts fans was an utter piss take, aimed at them I should add. Well played.

:agree::greengrin

Agree entirely with this. Big game like this we should stop the music 5-10 mins before kick off and let both sets of fans get on with it!!!

I agree - I sit in the West and there's nothing better than watching and listening to the East belt it out.

Well done to Barry - great night's spraffing :aok:

Greencore
17-02-2016, 12:02 PM

😂😂😂😂😂

Sir David Gray
17-02-2016, 08:07 PM

:agree: Couldn't make out a thing from my seat in the East stand.

And that wasn't just last night, the PA system (at least from my seat) is atrocious.

hibbymac
17-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Only little niggle I had, was, as soon as the whistle went for HT, the music came blasting out, which didn't give the fans a chance to cheer the team off the park at HT.

Apart from that, a great improvement on the past. :aok::flag:

Dr Jimmy
17-02-2016, 08:23 PM

Whilst I love hearing sunshine on leith. It really should be the last song we sing before leaving, not straight after the final whistle. That's a time for bouncing and letting the guy get the drum going. When he did that at Tynie after the final whistle it was majestic.
SOL is a bit too downbeat until later in the song.

hibbysam
17-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Whilst I love hearing sunshine on leith. It really should be the last song we sing before leaving, not straight after the final whistle. That's a time for bouncing and letting the guy get the drum going. When he did that at Tynie after the final whistle it was majestic.
SOL is a bit too downbeat until later in the song.

I thought it was spot on, it allows the players to get involved in it, and then by following it up with 'I'm on my way' brought the atmosphere right back up again!!

17-02-2016, 08:43 PM
I thought it was spot on, it allows the players to get involved in it, and then by following it up with 'I'm on my way' brought the atmosphere right back up again!!

I agree. Fantastic sight for the players to see :flag:

happiehibbie
18-02-2016, 08:29 AM

its the same in the west

The guy is ok full of enthusiasm. did a good job but he needs to turn the Gain down on the Music and the Mic he constantly SHOUTS down the mic which in turn vibrates the sysyem.

Tam Mc Manus was Chrystal clear the Barrie gets excited and shouts

But i agree the guy does OK

tamig
18-02-2016, 08:33 AM
its the same in the west

The guy is ok full of enthusiasm. did a good job but he needs to turn the Gain down on the Music and the Mic he constantly SHOUTS down the mic which in turn vibrates the sysyem.

Tam Mc Manus was Chrystal clear the Barrie gets excited and shouts

But i agree the guy does OK

He sounds absolutely fine in the FF. Loved his Scott Wilsonesque digs on Tuesday.

California-Hibs
18-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Well done to the announcer! We need more digs happening and more bigging up Hibs on the mic. I'll go and say it, I think the Hearts announcer does a good job, pumps them up and riles the opposition fans. From everything I've read/heard in the YouTube videos of Tuesday's game, I'm delighted. Hope he keeps it up and we'll done to Leeann or whoever it was that loosened the reigns and allowed an announcer to act like he should!

Particularly liked the - *announcer* JASON......*fans* CUMMINGS

Geo_1875
18-02-2016, 08:56 AM
I thought it was very good but it will be interesting to see if he can get the crowd going against "lesser" opposition.

keep the faith
18-02-2016, 08:59 AM
I thought it was very good but it will be interesting to see if he can get the crowd going against "lesser" opposition.

The crowd turning up against lesser opposition is the key...