PDA

View Full Version : Oxley

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Usually full of praise for Ox but... That guy gave me the fear tonight. Thought he was going to get a second yellow for time wasting. Some of his kick outs in the 2nd half were suspect as well.

FromTheCapital
16-02-2016, 11:24 PM
3 out of the 5 kicks weren't great but the other 2 were through no fault of his own.
Players just watched them go over, nothing he can do about that.
As for his distribution, he had every right to hold onto it and demand his back four got up the park. He gave them pelters for continuously dropping off in midfield.
He helped take the sting out of the game when Hearts were on top and got a cleansheet.
Well done that man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
16-02-2016, 11:25 PM
He probably felt a bit odd-after all he didn't have to make a save.

dp00
16-02-2016, 11:26 PM
If you watched the bench they were telling him to take his time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
16-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Usually full of praise for Ox but... That guy gave me the fear tonight. Thought he was going to get a second yellow for time wasting. Some of his kick outs in the 2nd half were suspect as well.

I thought he started time waiting after about five minutes!!!

Has a keeper ever been given two yellows for time wasting? Oxeye was close tonight

Gatecrasher
16-02-2016, 11:27 PM
Apart from a couple of kick outs I thought he was great. Remember when our keepers used to ***** themselves in a derby?

hibee_girl
16-02-2016, 11:27 PM
His time wasting antics really get on my nerves, every game!

To carry on doing it after he was booked was stupid considering the mood the ref seemed to be in.

easty
16-02-2016, 11:29 PM
At one point the ref came and told him to hurry up when Juanma had given him the ball back about a second earlier, the ref was already on his way to have a word before Oxley even had the ball.

He doesn't have to rush to take his kicks. I had nae problem with that.

The kicks that went straight through to Alexander were annoying as **** though, we needed to try to keep the ball in the second half, and he was giving it straight back to them.

easty
16-02-2016, 11:30 PM

I don't think its even that bad. Players take longer with throw ins and free kicks all the time.

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2016, 11:30 PM
People who were getting on his back should be ashamed, remember when we had keepers like Maka and Zibi? Quality from Ox tonight, always in control.

hibby6270
16-02-2016, 11:31 PM
He is infuriating at times but played a MotM waste of time blinder the night. His yellow card was taking one for the team as they say. But he did sail a bit close to the wind after that. Could have been sent off for 2 yellows for time wasting. Has that ever happened to a keeper before I wonder?

SeanWilson
16-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Time wasting antics aside.... Those three kicks straight through to the opposit 18y were a joke... Having said that, it didn't look like Stevenson or gray were set up to receive the ball from him the whole game?

Billy Whizz
16-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Came out for a couple of cross balls, but didn't have a save to make all night

easty
16-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Having said that, it didn't look like Stevenson or gray were set up to receive the ball from him the whole game?

I was just about the say this. There were times the full backs, Gray especially, had a load of space, but I didn't see or hear him asking for it, then Oxley just went long.

davidw
16-02-2016, 11:37 PM
People who were getting on his back should be ashamed, remember when we had keepers like Maka and Zibi? Quality from Ox tonight, always in control.

I ain't gonna moan as I am as happy as a pig in sh*t but... Oxley's kicking was murder. The last 20 minutes he continually punted the ball to smaller (than Hearts) Hibs players, thereby giving away possession every single time. We got a bit lucky in 2nd half (after, frankly, a fabulous 1st half) and he was not helping.

But, hey, 1-0, get it right royally round them...

heretoday
16-02-2016, 11:41 PM

Has a keeper ever been given two yellows for time wasting? Oxeye was close tonight

He was a bit foolish in the second half and the folk around us were giving him stick. Twice he seemed not to see the full backs free for the ball on the wings. Instead he hoofed it straight back down the middle to the opposition.

Liam89
16-02-2016, 11:42 PM
I ain't gonna moan as I am as happy as a pig in sh*t but... Oxley's kicking was murder. The last 20 minutes he continually punted the ball to smaller (than Hearts) Hibs players, thereby giving away possession every single time. We got a bit lucky in 2nd half (after, frankly, a fabulous 1st half) and he was not helping.

But, hey, 1-0, get it right royally round them...

I think you just moaned. :greengrin

Have to agree though, thought he piled pressure onto us with his distribution. Hey-ho, no point complaining on a night like this! :flag:

Andy74
16-02-2016, 11:46 PM
I think sometimes refs expect keepers to run around taking stuff as quickly as possible. It wasn't our problem they were losing.

That said he did give me the fear too. Was fully expecting him to get a red!

hibbytam
16-02-2016, 11:57 PM
The problem was there was always a hearts player or two around the easier passes, and so he had to go up the park, where there wasn't anyone to aim for. I thought he should have atleast tried to clear it with some angle, better to have it go out for a throw than have their goalie punt it right back.

Not sure if it's my green tinted specs, but I thought his booking was quite harsh. I mean he was probably going to get one eventually, but I thought he had to re-adjust the ball because the wind had moved it.

Carheenlea
16-02-2016, 11:58 PM
He was holding on to the ball for longer than the 6 seconds permitted, or it certainly felt like it, and I was fearful that he would end up being one of the few to have actually been carded for that! The long kicks late in game did little to help settle the nerves of the support at that stage :panic:

Borderhibbie76
17-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Ridiculous he was booked when keepers do it to us week in week out in championship and hardly ever get punished. It was Beaton being influenced by the merricks nowt else. Folk moaning about the Ox should think back to the makalamby and zibi days

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lucky
17-02-2016, 12:03 AM
Never had a save to make but took a couple of crosses. But he will come a cropper with his time waiting antics.

Hermit Crab
17-02-2016, 12:09 AM
He's going to be the first hibs keeper in years to get a suspension for yellow accumulations just like Waghorn is going to be the first player to score 20 penaties in a season.

pentlando
17-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Clean sheet. If we're slating him after that then surely that shows how far we've came. If his antics wind us up just think if how much it impacts them!

hibbytam
17-02-2016, 12:11 AM
Ridiculous he was booked when keepers do it to us week in week out in championship and hardly ever get punished. It was Beaton being influenced by the merricks nowt else. Folk moaning about the Ox should think back to the makalamby and zibi days

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thing is if you count it from when he actually has the ball, he's not wasting that much time, but the refs seem keen to pick him up for it because he has a reputation. I'm sure a few weeks back he was either told off or booked, when the ball had gone into the empty away end, and had only just reached him.

steakbake
17-02-2016, 12:14 AM
Clean sheet, yes. But I couldn't understand, after soaking up a lot of pressure from Hearts and the ball invariably going out for a goal kick etc, he then booted it straight up the park to Alexander for the pressure to build all over again. We've surely got more to our game than that.

DH1875
17-02-2016, 01:00 AM
No problem with his time waisting. It was his pointless punts up the park to their defence\keeper that done my head in. We are ment to be the football team and many a time a roll out to one of our fullbacks was on instead of the hoof to no one.