View Full Version : Callum Paterson

16-02-2016, 11:17 PM
We should let him stay at ER all night.

By the morning he might finally hit a cross field ball that stays in the park. Woeful.

16-02-2016, 11:20 PM

By the morning he might finally hit a cross field ball that stays in the park. Woeful.

If Rolf ever get's a cap for Scotland we should just pack in the game. Possibly the worst defender on show tonight (and with Rossi in there that's some going)

gaz1875
16-02-2016, 11:20 PM

Hahaha first half he was outstanding, must have found the touchline with a dozen cross field passes :not worth

16-02-2016, 11:21 PM

He put a great cross in the second half which Hanlon did brilliantly to block. I thought he was there best player

16-02-2016, 11:22 PM
He put a great cross in the second half which Hanlon did brilliantly to block. I thought he was there best player

He was -by a long way.

ACLeith
16-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Hahaha first half he was outstanding, must have found the touchline with a dozen cross field passes :not worth

Assuming they don't implode and qualify for Europe and play at murrayfield he will be well at home there p

16-02-2016, 11:24 PM

Yip, he managed to out jump Stevenson once tonight, total class act, Real Madrid beckons!

16-02-2016, 11:25 PM

I put in a few great crosses for my sunday league team in my youth too. He's a hopeless defender, which is what I was posting about. If I were in charge of that lot, I'd put him back up front where he seemed to more effective.

16-02-2016, 11:26 PM

:greengrin Good player but an unfortunate looking creature.

Seekyit
16-02-2016, 11:29 PM
I've no idea of he's a player or not, but some of his launches the night were shockin.

16-02-2016, 11:31 PM
He whips in a great ball but apart from that he's a bit humpty

16-02-2016, 11:46 PM
His great crosses are based on the law of averages. He basically hits it as hard as he can between goalkeeper and last defender. Nothing wrong with that but going on what I have seen he get about 1 in 10 in the right area. Stevenson gets ridiculous amounts of stick from Hibs fans for getting high up the assist charts year on year from a similar position

16-02-2016, 11:47 PM
I actually think he is pretty decent.

16-02-2016, 11:48 PM
He was their best player. Not that that's saying much!

16-02-2016, 11:50 PM
He's their best player by a mile.

I thought that when they brought on Nicholson that he dropped out the game, which was a bit relief for us

16-02-2016, 11:51 PM
The absolute master of the classic HOO-OOF !

16-02-2016, 11:52 PM
Harry Potter and the athletic but fairly touchless Full Back

SherbetFountain
16-02-2016, 11:56 PM
Harry Potter and the athletic but fairly touchless Full Back

I thought he was easily their best player in the second half! They looked at their most dangerous when he was driving forward!

HibeeDaz6270
16-02-2016, 11:58 PM
Hes a good player. Its quite incredible how much goes through him and how much that Hearts team rely on him considering he is a right back.

16-02-2016, 11:58 PM
Paterson, like it or not is a very effective full back. He's doing what his manager is telling him, collect the ball and hit diagonals! If he was instructed to drive forward and WHIP in crosses they might have had more success. I'm just glad Nielson is an inept idiot!

17-02-2016, 12:00 AM

Felt sorry for the wee lassie on the west stand. What a shift she put in as ballgirl. :greengrin

17-02-2016, 12:03 AM
Vern Cotter's got to be considering him for the next 6 Nations game. Great touchfinder - so consistent.

17-02-2016, 02:09 AM
Paterson was their main man tonight. I don't know why anybody can slate his performance. Unreal 😐 Not that I'm too disappointed naturally.

17-02-2016, 02:13 AM
Paterson was their main man tonight. I don't know why anybody can slate his performance. Unreal  Not that I'm too disappointed naturally.

Their best man or not, he was still pish. :greengrin

17-02-2016, 03:56 AM
Saw him described as a ''big brainless fud'' on brokeback, sounds about right.

17-02-2016, 04:07 AM
:greengrin Good player but an unfortunate looking creature.

Saw him described as a ''big brainless fud'' on brokeback, sounds about right.

Your a young bloke wi half Edinburgh at your feet if you want it - & thats what you come out wi? Creatures are gettin a disservice gettin lumped in wi that big brainless fud.

17-02-2016, 08:36 AM
I think Hibs played a blinder with Patterson. I thought they gave him some space down their right (our left) so when ball was crossed into the box it wasn't against Lewis at the back post for height. This extra space ment that Heartz tried to start attacks through him that was producing nowt for them.

17-02-2016, 08:41 AM
He whips in a great ball but apart from that he's a bit humpty

The thing is that the only tactic they seemed to have was to play the ball out to Patterson and for him to launch a cross field ball. They were pretty one dimensional.

17-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Hertz playmaker. HOOOOOF

17-02-2016, 09:00 AM
If he really wants to develop his career he needs to leave that club immediately. Their style of football would do the old Wimbledon team proud.

They were torture first half and only got further up the pitch and put in more dangerous balls when we werent pressing them as much in midfield.

17-02-2016, 09:42 AM
He puts a lot of balls into the danger area. We're just lucky Juanma & Diddy were humpty in front of goals.

And Paterson might be a horrible jambo ******* but he stayed on the park to congratulate the Hibs players at the end.

ACLeith
17-02-2016, 09:52 AM
He puts a lot of balls into the danger area. We're just lucky Juanma & Diddy were humpty in front of goals.

And Paterson might be a horrible jambo ******* but he stayed on the park to congratulate the Hibs players at the end.

And Stevie Crawford waited to the end of our lap of honour to shake hands with our players. You can take the boy out of Hibs, but you can never take Hibs out of the boy

17-02-2016, 09:53 AM
And Stevie Crawford waited to the end of our lap of honour to shake hands with our players. You can take the boy out of Hibs, but you can never take Hibs out of the boy

He did indeed. Good touch from Crawford, as I can't think of many others who would have done that.

17-02-2016, 09:59 AM

Paterson is being slated on sickbag, but I think he is consistently their best player. Didnt have his best game yesterday, but neither did Stevenson.

He is a jambo and loves to turn us over - no different to Paul Hanlon the other week in that respect?

My opinion, he is a class above some of their (no doubt better paid) imports and actually gets the importance of the derby.

17-02-2016, 10:02 AM
He's a Rolf Harris looking ****.

17-02-2016, 10:05 AM

Now now, don't sit on the fence there Matty, just let it all out :greengrin

17-02-2016, 10:05 AM

:agree: They would sell double the amount of calendars if he wasn't in it. Still would look like a police lineup.

17-02-2016, 10:29 AM
He was murder in the first half. He was involved in practically every single attack (which admittedly wasn't that many!) and i don't think he found a team mate once.

17-02-2016, 10:30 AM
He hit a few horrible cross field balls in the first half but I thought he was excellent in the second half.

His driving runs and whipped balls into the box got them back into the game at the start of the second half and they seemed to negate that when they put Nicholson on.

I have to say I was quite impressed by him and if he was playing in a team that wanted to/ tried to play football then he could be a very effective player.

17-02-2016, 10:49 AM
He wasn't great last night, however why did he get so much room on the right wing? You could see the ball was going to get played out to him all the time. He was lapping up the banter from the fans in the first few rows of the east in first half, well done for no reacting rolf :greengrin

Ricky Bobby
17-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Paterson is being slated on sickbag, but I think he is consistently their best player. Didnt have his best game yesterday, but neither did Stevenson.

He is a jambo and loves to turn us over - no different to Paul Hanlon the other week in that respect?

My opinion, he is a class above some of their (no doubt better paid) imports and actually gets the importance of the derby.

Agree with this. A very decent player who has been affected by Neilsons eye watering hoofball tactics.

17-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Over rated no mark Yam weirdo.

17-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Yip, he managed to out jump Stevenson once tonight, total class act, Real Madrid beckons!
Total exaggeration here,Athletic Madrid maybe not Real.:-)

17-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Over rated no mark Yam weirdo.

This made me laugh quite a lot.

17-02-2016, 06:11 PM
This made me laugh quite a lot.

17-02-2016, 07:00 PM
He should change his name by deed poll to 'Hoofball Henry'

17-02-2016, 07:01 PM

I literally shouted that out from the East Stand last night. As well as calling him a creepy looking bassa. And many other things.

TAHibby
17-02-2016, 07:08 PM
There's a lot to dislike, not restricted to but including the feigning of an injury when he puts in a bad tackle but I actually think he's a decent player and was one of their better on the night

17-02-2016, 07:14 PM
He epitomizes how good looking a jambo is. I think alongside Nicholson, he is the best that Hearts have.

17-02-2016, 07:17 PM
Looked like he was trying to hit David Beckham diagonals with a club foot.

inglisavhibs
17-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Think Stevie was secretly celebrating!