PDA

View Full Version : Radio Commentary for Expats

vercol36
16-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Afternoon, folks.

So - a hypothetical for the technologically-inclined: say there was an expat who wanted to listen to the radio commentary tonight, but the BBC website prevented him from doing so...

How would said expat get round such a barrier?

I'm sure such an expat would greatly appreciate any input his fellow fans could provide.

Craig_HFC
16-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Sign up for HibsTV. They'll be providing an audio feed for subscribers in the UK & abroad.

You can sign up for a month's subscription tonight; listen to the game and then cancel it so you'll only pay the cost of a month's subscription.

worcesterhibby
16-02-2016, 03:52 PM
subscribe to Hibs TV...by far the best option

vercol36
16-02-2016, 03:54 PM
I'm actually quite embarrassed that the expat in question never thought of that. Cheers folks!

ano hibby
16-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Can you not get bbc radio Scotland overseas?
Im on holiday and just downloaded the TuneIn radio app and seems to work ok?

bigwheel
16-02-2016, 04:02 PM

Radio Scotland blocks football commentary overseas...some licensing issue...so whilst the tune in app works fine, it will be blocked by the time the game starts until afterwards..

Sergey
16-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Afternoon, folks.

So - a hypothetical for the technologically-inclined: say there was an expat who wanted to listen to the radio commentary tonight, but the BBC website prevented him from doing so...

How would said expat get round such a barrier?

I'm sure such an expat would greatly appreciate any input his fellow fans could provide.

Use Google Chrome browser and download the HOLA add-on, which acts as a virtual VPN. Set the settings to UK and tune into the BBC the commentary.

Edson Arantes
16-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Use Google Chrome browser and download the HOLA add-on, which acts as a virtual VPN. Set the settings to UK and tune into the BBC the commentary.

Oooh aren't we technical :wink:

:gwa:

GGTTH tonight.

ano hibby
16-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Radio Scotland blocks football commentary overseas...some licensing issue...so whilst the tune in app works fine, it will be blocked by the time the game starts until afterwards..

Ahh major panic. Hibs TV subscription coming up.
Can't seem to subscribe from phone..anyone had this issue?
Won't let me press Login button after registering ok

vercol36
16-02-2016, 04:14 PM

Thanks Sergey!

EH6 Hibby
16-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Ahh major panic. Hibs TV subscription coming up.
Can't seem to subscribe from phone..anyone had this issue?
Won't let me press Login button after registering ok

If you're using an iPhone click on the username or password bit once you've filled them in and press go on your keyboard instead of submit on the web page. I had that issue a few weeks ago.

HH81
16-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Anyone got a link for game on bbc scotland?

vercol36
16-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Anyone got a link for game on bbc scotland?

Think that should do the trick matey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b070d90y

Edit: or maybe that's the one that you can only access after the broadcast is over...

ano hibby
16-02-2016, 04:32 PM
If you're using an iPhone click on the username or password bit once you've filled them in and press go on your keyboard instead of submit on the web page. I had that issue a few weeks ago.

Thanks mate that seems to have worked.
Into Hibs TV now..welcome to Hibernian TV Wall..assume that's where I'll pick up the audio?
£90!! When I'm already a ST holder..hope it's worth it!!

EH6 Hibby
16-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Thanks mate that seems to have worked.
Into Hibs TV now..welcome to Hibernian TV Wall..assume that's where I'll pick up the audio?
£90!! When I'm already a ST holder..hope it's worth it!!

The home screen should have a menu down the right hand side. One of them is live match. Coverage usually starts about 10 minutes before the game.

ano hibby
16-02-2016, 04:49 PM
The home screen should have a menu down the right hand side. One of them is live match. Coverage usually starts about 10 minutes before the game.

Thanks for your help cheers

NYHibby
16-02-2016, 05:07 PM

Here is a link to Hola on the Chrome App Store:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/unlimited-free-vpn-hola/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

Ryan69
16-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Here is a link to Hola on the Chrome App Store:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/unlimited-free-vpn-hola/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

Its not gonna work using hola. I downloaded it changed Vpn,and tried watching a video on bbc website.
states that it's not possible to view content outside uk still.

any ideas guys?

KWJ
16-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Its not gonna work using hola. I downloaded it changed Vpn,and tried watching a video on bbc website.

any ideas guys?

It does work, refresh a couple times. If still struggling open the hola options and go into bbc through there.

NYHibby
16-02-2016, 06:31 PM

any ideas guys?

I used it at my parents' house at Christmas to listen to a game and it worked perfectly fine. It also works for the iplayer.

Did you select the UK flag when you were on the BBC website? You need to do more than just turn it on.

Ryan69
16-02-2016, 06:47 PM
I used it at my parents' house at Christmas to listen to a game and it worked perfectly fine. It also works for the iplayer.

Did you select the UK flag when you were on the BBC website? You need to do more than just turn it on.

Your a legend mate!
Abit of fine tuning....and now I'm watching the BBC News. 👍

FRes Hibbie
16-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Does Hibs TV just have audio commentary tonight? No visuals?

Ryan69
16-02-2016, 06:55 PM

Your a legend mate!
Abit of fine tuning....and now I'm watching the BBC News. 👍

KWJ
16-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Does Hibs TV just have audio commentary tonight? No visuals?

Yup. And Geri's left the Spice Girls.

FRes Hibbie
16-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Yup. And Geri's left the Spice Girls.

Geri's not my cup of tea, I meant visuals of the derby but :aok:

zlatan
16-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Hibs should have a "technical malfunction" tonight with the visual

Sergey
16-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Here's the link to the BBC commentary (it's not always easy to locate):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/35573222

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2016, 07:27 PM

I've got an app "Radios" on my mobile that works fine for UK radio. Got radio Scotland blaring away via Bluetooth on the hifi now.

ano hibby
16-02-2016, 07:29 PM
I've got an app "Radios" on my mobile that works fine for UK radio. Got radio Scotland blaring away via Bluetooth on the hifi now.

Ta but I'm a Hibs tv subscriber now!

HoboHarry
16-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Geri's not my cup of tea, I meant visuals of the derby but :aok:
I would have liked to have gone three rounds or a knockout with Baby Spice.... :greengrin

HibsMax
16-02-2016, 07:36 PM
The BBC feed is working for me and I'm in the US. Weird.

ano hibby
16-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Who's doing commentary on Hibs tv..?
Cliff pike and..?

Allant1981
16-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Who's doing commentary on Hibs tv..?
Cliff pike and..?

Keith reid

lyonhibs
16-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Nowt working for me even on Hola browser on the UK setting as on the phone you need to download that separate BBC player app that must detect your actual location even if Hola is set up correctly.