PDA

View Full Version : Tim Cahill free agent

Forza Fred
16-02-2016, 10:45 AM
News just in that Tim Cahill's contract in China with Shanghai Shenua has just been terminated.

Is this another rabbit you can pull out the hat Alan?

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Brilliant player ..... sadly there will be better offers than anything we could put on the table.

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Dream...............dream.............dream....... ..............

Smartie
16-02-2016, 10:55 AM
Is he not pretty ancient by now?

We could do with another option to play at the tip of the diamond right enough.

Salt N Sauzee
16-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Not long until the HFCTransferNews mandatory "breaking rumour" tweet linking Cahill to Hibs then... :rolleyes:

Forza Fred
16-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Brilliant player ..... sadly there will be better offers than anything we could put on the table.

No doubt, but I read Tim's recently published autobiography and he and Stubbsie were great mates at Everton.....and he certainly doesn't need the money

Tobias Funke
16-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Forza, is he not involved in setting up a new A League franchise in Australia? Maybe that's what he will be concentrating on for now?

Sproule Three
16-02-2016, 11:39 AM
No doubt, but I read Tim's recently published autobiography and he and Stubbsie were great mates at Everton.....and he certainly doesn't need the money
He must reckon there one big pay day left.
If he was going to pay for a pittance you'd imagine his home town Western Sydney would take precedence over Hibs .. as difficult as that is to comprehend for us Sydney Hibees

Ozyhibby
16-02-2016, 11:52 AM
He would have to have been a free agent on the 1st Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sproule Three
16-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Forza, is he not involved in setting up a new A League franchise in Australia? Maybe that's what he will be concentrating on for now?
Not heard of him being involved in setting up a franchise. Lucas Neill was involved with Western Sydney in early stages despite being from North East Sydney. The higher profile Western Sydney raised players Kewell, Emeron,Schwarzer and Cahill strangely enough weren't
There was vague talk of him signing for an A league team prior to the cash grab in China . His agent had obviously made clear what his terms were. Nobody could get close.
He's a very proud Aussie but certainly not going to be playing in the A league for charity .
A move to Quatar or UAE like many Aussie players have done might meet his wage demands

heretoday
16-02-2016, 02:02 PM
He's not "brilliant" but he's quick and industrious - or he was. Everton sure missed him when he left.

The chances of his coming here are zero I'd say, even if he's mates with Stubbs, but we can speculate.