PDA

View Full Version : Match Days - Your Input

HibsAnnouncer
16-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Hey All,

First off for those who don't know me, my name is Barrie, but known to most as the stadium announcer and MC for match days within the stadium and now within the suites at Easter Road.

I am currently in the process with registering with all our current fans forums and Facebook fan groups with a view to giving you, our Hibernian fans, more input into what you hear inside the stadium and trying to obtain as much constructive feedback as needed into making match days within the stadium as positive as they can be for you the fans who attend the games.

After my first season within Hibs I suggested the set up of the @hibsannouncer twitter in order to give you all the chance to tweet live to us on match days. I am now looking to improve that channel of communication by working with you all the best I can.

I want to be on hand to provide you with the option to choose the run out tracks, choose what you hear at half time, provide a gateway for match day shout outs and most importantly as a point of contact as to how we, together, can make Easter Road a fortress once again.

Whilst I, and the rest of the team at Hibs appreciate we have had some feedback with regards to sound in certain areas of the stand and about distortion, I would like to let you know and re-assure you all that we are working on these areas and can only continue to do so with your help. I can help address these issues and feedback internally if there are certain areas with sound problems, but we need to ensure that this remains as constructive as possible and does not become a bashing session.

Over recent seasons and speaking to fans since I took on the role as announcer a lot of feedback has been built around hibs playing it too safe, not having banter on match days etc etc. However, the Hibs way has always been to ensure that we focus on us as a club and not any of our opposing teams. After discussions with Greig Mailer and Leanne Dempster, we are pleased to say we now have a slight degree of flexibility, or some may call it 'banter', within our song choices. With this in mind we must still ensure that we do not have a repeat of previous situations and do not take the primary focus off the players on the park.

I hope this makes the first step into giving you all the chance to bring your own input to our club, thus togther making the atmosphere at Easter Road better than what it already is. This being said, I really am keen to work with you all and other fan groups moving forward starting with tomorrow!

Please feel free to contact me direct or via the Hibs twitter @hibsannouncer.

So, my first question is would you like to see the players run out to Sunshine on Leith? Or would you like us to leave this until the end of the game?

Secondly, we have received a lot of feedback to a Bundesliga style shout when players score. I will announce players first name and crowd to announce second name. Is this something you would like introduced?

I look forward to receiving your suggestions and posting about match days at Easter Road moving forward.

Barrie Wilkins

theonlywayisup
16-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Hey All,

First off for those who don't know me, my name is Barrie, but known to most as the stadium announcer and MC for match days within the stadium and now within the suites at Easter Road.

I am currently in the process with registering with all our current fans forums and Facebook fan groups with a view to giving you, our Hibernian fans, more input into what you hear inside the stadium and trying to obtain as much constructive feedback as needed into making match days within the stadium as positive as they can be for you the fans who attend the games.

After my first season within Hibs I suggested the set up of the @hibsannouncer twitter in order to give you all the chance to tweet live to us on match days. I am now looking to improve that channel of communication by working with you all the best I can.

I want to be on hand to provide you with the option to choose the run out tracks, choose what you hear at half time, provide a gateway for match day shout outs and most importantly as a point of contact as to how we, together, can make Easter Road a fortress once again.

Whilst I, and the rest of the team at Hibs appreciate we have had some feedback with regards to sound in certain areas of the stand and about distortion, I would like to let you know and re-assure you all that we are working on these areas and can only continue to do so with your help. I can help address these issues and feedback internally if there are certain areas with sound problems, but we need to ensure that this remains as constructive as possible and does not become a bashing session.

Over recent seasons and speaking to fans since I took on the role as announcer a lot of feedback has been built around hibs playing it too safe, not having banter on match days etc etc. However, the Hibs way has always been to ensure that we focus on us as a club and not any of our opposing teams. After discussions with Greig Mailer and Leanne Dempster, we are pleased to say we now have a slight degree of flexibility, or some may call it 'banter', within our song choices. With this in mind we must still ensure that we do not have a repeat of previous situations and do not take the primary focus off the players on the park.

I hope this makes the first step into giving you all the chance to bring your own input to our club, thus togther making the atmosphere at Easter Road better than what it already is. This being said, I really am keen to work with you all and other fan groups moving forward starting with tomorrow!

So, my first question is would you like to see the players run out to Sunshine on Leith? Or would you like us to leave this until the end of the game?

Secondly, we have received a lot of feedback to a Bundesliga style shout when players score. I will announce players first name and crowd to announce second name. Is this something you would like introduced?

I look forward to receiving your suggestions and posting about match days at Easter Road moving forward.

Barrie Wilkins

Welcome Barrie

You could mention today's attendance is the biggest to watch a football match in Edinburgh this season.

Since90+2
16-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Sunshine on Leith should always be played at the end of the match , not at kick off or half time. The mood of the song does not fit at those times IMO.

Salt N Sauzee
16-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Hey All,

Barrie Wilkins

I would play it for the players coming out to get the crowd going. And if we win, play it at the end too. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
16-02-2016, 09:40 AM
SoL only at the end for me, and only after a good result.

At the beginning of tonight's match, George Harrison's "Taxman" :devil:

Scottie
16-02-2016, 09:41 AM
' All is Barrie then ' :wink:

Welcome bud.

SeanWilson
16-02-2016, 09:42 AM
something like Kasabian - Club Foot would be superb for the players coming out.

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Just play Achy breaky heart on a loop :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
16-02-2016, 09:44 AM
SoL only at the end for me, and only after a good result.

At the beginning of tonight's match, George Harrison's "Taxman" :devil:

Not going to happen.

Got to be stuff like 500 Miles, I'm On My Way, Let me Entertain You, The Boys Are Back In Town, Teenage Kicks before kick off. IMHO of course

Salt N Sauzee
16-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Welcome Barrie

You could mention today's attendance is the biggest to watch a football match in Edinburgh this season.

THIS. Imagine the seethe at that

bigstu
16-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Sunshine on Leith should always be played at the end of the match , not at kick off or half time. The mood of the song does not fit at those times IMO.

it should also be use sparingly & kept for the big occasions. The mistake has been made in the past where it is played every week and after winning 1-0 against the likes of Alloa, it then loses its impact and people become bored of it.

GreenCastle
Great to have interaction :top marks

Few things...

Sound needs sorted in the East Stand - hard to hear clearly what is said - volume often wrong level. I sit middle to back of stand.

Hibee Heros / Hibee Hibernian is my favourite for players running out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiLAxnD-MTM

Glory to the Hibees also should be played every game.

I'm on my Way - Sunshine on Leith at end of games.

Really like the idea of announcing the goalscorers 2nd name also.

I would do more prematch to get the crowd going - harder etc against Alloa etc but bigger games can add even more like the AEK game.

Would announce the teams with more enthusiasm and just before kick off - again go through it slowly so fans can cheer.

Also go through the half time scores slower - always seem rushed and often hard to hear.

I would also add the timing of any substitution / goal when it happens. 75th minute Hibs change.

Finally...Man of Match voted by the sponsor would avoid the confusion we get on here about why random players are awarded man of match when they are basically the sponsors favourite player :greengrin

essexhibee
Defo think SOL post match when we have a victory.

Id same something like Faithless Insomnia when the players come out would get the ground pumping :aok: need a bouncy track to get everyone even more fired up imo.

madabouthibs
Welcome Barrie.
Defo be needing a wee mention about the biggest football attendance in Edinburgh for yonks!

S4uzee
Definitely SOL at the end of a game

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2016, 09:47 AM
SOL should only be played at the end of games and only then if we have beaten the likes of Hearts or The Rangers or won a significant game .... keeps it special for me.

Also lets keep the 'banter' subtle ...... that eejit in the west of Edinburgh just embarrasses his club with stuff like "welcome to the home of Edinburgh's big team" when they played Everton and "yet another Tynecastle sell out" after the league cup semi.

lapsedhibee
16-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Not going to happen.

Got to be stuff like 500 Miles, I'm On My Way, Let me Entertain You, The Boys Are Back In Town, Teenage Kicks before kick off. IMHO of course

Where's the 'banter', alluded to in the OP, in those choices? :wink:

Brightside
16-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Not going to happen.

If we start playing Robbie Williams tunes the stadium will empty.

LustForLeith
16-02-2016, 09:49 AM
There's a coincidence. Just submitted an article to Mass Hibsteria on song choices at HIbs games..!

I love Cher. Since it's my birthday today any chance you could play one of her songs for me tonight? If so "Gypises, Tramps and Thieves" will be great

ManBearPig
16-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Sunshine on leith at the end. Something like 'here comes the boom' or 'two tribes' at the beginning. I like the NFL track you play before as well.

ManBearPig
16-02-2016, 09:50 AM
There's a coincidence. Just submitted an article to Mass Hibsteria on song choices at HIbs games..!

I love Cher. Since it's my birthday today any chance you could play one of her songs for me tonight? If so "Gypises, Tramps and Thieves" will be great

Hahaha just spat oot ma coffee

lapsedhibee
16-02-2016, 09:52 AM
"Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" will be great
Excellent, inclusive and generous choice. One word for us and two for tonight's opponents.

Brightside
16-02-2016, 09:53 AM
Two Tribes.

Ryan91
16-02-2016, 09:57 AM
As others have said, Sunshine on Leith should be kept for victories at the end of bigger games (Derbies/(The) Rangers/Celtc. After hearing I'm on My Way at the Tynecastle Semi, I think that would be a good post-match victory song for other games.

Also got thinking about run-out tunes, and fondly remembered when the team ran out to Teenage Kicks, always thought that was a great run-out song

Dav1986
16-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Hey All,

Barrie Wilkins

Welcome Barrie,

One of them lads at my work said he was pals with you and I gave him some feedback about their pa system and being unable to hear anything properly over it.

Sunshine on leith should be at their end of games. Stuff a bit more upbeat beforehand to help build their atmosphere.

Ryan91
16-02-2016, 09:59 AM
I like the NFL track you play before as well.

Thursday Night Football on CBS theme is a bit of a cracker, I was rather surprised hearing it at ER the first time, but I like it, stick with it

Nevi_SOL
16-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Kasabian - underdog for the teams coming out the tunnel

rcarter1
16-02-2016, 10:13 AM
SOL should only be played at the end of games and only then if we have beaten the likes of Hearts or The Rangers or won a significant game .... keeps it special for me.

Also lets keep the 'banter' subtle ...... that eejit in the west of Edinburgh just embarrasses his club with stuff like "welcome to the home of Edinburgh's big team" when they played Everton and "yet another Tynecastle sell out" after the league cup semi.

Agree with everyone about SOL being reserved for the end of games only. It is a song that invites a moment of dignified reflection and celebration. Our players shouldn't be too reflective coming into a match.

Im also in agreement that the song should be used when a big result has been obtained. Keeps it special I think nails it on the head.

As for the music at the start, anything that is upbeat and confident (but not pompous). For really big matches, then something with a bit of defiance or determination. Perhaps something that fans can sing along to easily??

:gwa:

Billy Whizz
16-02-2016, 10:13 AM
There is a Bonnie fitba team

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Make sure you keep playing imagine dragons - Warrior tho. my son loves that song :greengrin

I used to like us coming out to Prodigy - Invaders must Die, with "we are hibernian" edited in.
Also, teenage kicks and The Silencers - I can feel it.

Gatecrasher
16-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Shipping up to Boston - the dropkick Murphy's

SOL at the end of big game where we have won.

mixture of upbeat music from all eras

Haymaker
16-02-2016, 10:17 AM
New Noise by Refused. Players line up as it builds up, plenty time to give fans warning the BAM! Explode out of the tunnel to a huge cheer at "Can I scream?" and it kicks in.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-02-2016, 10:17 AM

Very much this. Also agree with whoever posted Faithless - Insomnia (just the instrumental part though!) for players coming out.

Jonnyboy
16-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Hi Barrie and welcome.

Jump Around by House of Pain might just get a bounce going :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Teenage kicks when we run out, SOL at the end of a big win, and rip the pish out that lot at every opportunity and you wont go far wrong.:thumbsup:

GreenCastle
16-02-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm shipping up to Boston - Dropkick Murphys for players coming onto pitch possibly.

I think it's important to create an identity and play Hibs songs / classics.

Maybe worth doing a poll ?

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2016, 10:22 AM
SOL at the end

This Take That chorus from Never Forget for them

Never forget where you've come here from
Never pretend that it's all real
Someday soon this will all be someone else's dream
This will be someone else's dream

Geo_1875
16-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Once the sound system is sorted we need to play some tunes with a big booming bassline. Nothing gets the crowd going better.

Unfortunately, it also upsets the guys with heart problems.

I'd have Born Slippy before, 500 Miles for after a win and keep SoL for special occasions. If we lose the crowd will supply their own soundtrack.

Moulin Yarns
16-02-2016, 10:29 AM
Where's the 'banter', alluded to in the OP, in those choices? :wink:

you want banter? :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yskvuYfaKnY

Andy74
16-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Not that I hear much in the East but I personally prefer not to have aload of blaring non Hibs related music when teans come out and so on - it can spoil the crowd getting involved at any big games - we used to provide the tunes ourselves from the East back in the day, surely that can be done again.

I'd rather we had a guy with a loudspeaker orchestrating some proper singing and chanting from the East if that's what's needed now. You used to just stand under the gantry and try and start some yourself but that seems to have gone now and we are moving more towards some new obscure stuff that generally others don't know.

As noted above if we must have some tunes then let's try and get something to identify with and stick with it.

Get some of these great local bands to cover a Hibs classic in a modern way to play?

Tha Cabbage Kid
16-02-2016, 10:36 AM
for me SOL at the beginning! it would set the tone for the derby!!!

we dont need to play it everyweek at the beginning but for a derby? ABSOLUTELY!!!!:flag:

Cauld Bovril
16-02-2016, 10:44 AM
I'm guessing that this would be beyond banter for when we play The Rangers.
"You're a big, fat bigoted ars****e" is such a catchy chorus :greengrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqSY3iQM56g

stoneyburn hibs
16-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Something upbeat for the players coming out. SOL at the end of a significant victory. And a personal request for tonight's game, I'd like to hear Why does it always rain on me, by Travis around five minutes before the players run out.
Big thumbs up from myself if you look back around 8 rows from where Alan Combe leans on the dug out.

CMcP
16-02-2016, 10:51 AM
For me
GGTTH then this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVrP6JaPUv0 before Kick off

S.O.L After a big win.

B.H.F.C
16-02-2016, 10:52 AM
On a night like tonight when the place is full, the 15 minutes up to kick off should just have Hibs songs belting out. Granted there aren't that many to choose from so the Proclaimers can be included in that too.

Be good if the team could walk out to a full stadium singing along to glory glory. SOL should be reserved for big games where we get a result.

LaMotta
16-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Before the games -Hibee Hibernian song ( brings back memories, of John Collins, Steve Archibald and Joe Tortolano) and Glory Glory to the Hibees.

Hibs should ask the Proclaimers to record a new version of GGGTTH.

How about the mash up remix of 500 miles with Titanium - get the place jumping :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WloZAuflll0

J-C
16-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Anything by Wet Wet Wet to have a dig at them over their waterlogged pitch, SOL has to be at the end after a big game only and something bouncy and loud for the players coming out.

J-C
16-02-2016, 10:59 AM
Before the games -Hibee Hibernian song ( brings back memories, of John Collins, Steve Archibald and Joe Tortolano) and Glory Glory to the Hibees.

Hibs should ask the Proclaimers to record a new version of GGGTTH.

How about the mash up remix of 500 miles with Titanium - get the place jumping :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WloZAuflll0

This :thumbsup:

grunt
16-02-2016, 11:01 AM
I love Cher. Since it's my birthday today any chance you could play one of her songs for me tonight? If so "Gypises, Tramps and Thieves" will be greatLaughed at this! :greengrin

LaMotta
16-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Life with You is one of the best Proclaimers songs - imagine the whole stadium singing along to this :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1BApEPEXgI

Bukta#8
16-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Hi Barrie , Turnbulls tornadoes tonight will do nicely thanks
Hey All,

Barrie Wilkins

Paloschi
Republica - Ready to go, before kick off

The XX - Intro

Aldo
Life with You is one of the best Proclaimers songs - imagine the whole stadium singing along to this :thumbsup: YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1BApEPEXgI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1BApEPEXgI)

This is the last song of the set they play on their current tour.

Superb song

Greencore
16-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Anyone got a video of the announcer asking who scored a goal and the fans shouting?

silverhibee
16-02-2016, 11:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTFrCbQGyvM

RMQ1967
16-02-2016, 11:16 AM
There is a Bonnie fitba team

This for me, Glory Glory as the teams run out with SoL only on special occasions.

Brizo
16-02-2016, 11:17 AM
SOL only for the biggies , like tonight , and once the job is done at end of game.

Like others I think "Jump Around" is a great song to run out to.

Maybe a more eclectic choice of music pre ko and half time , a bit old school 80s dance / Who / Clash never goes amiss and maybe not as much from the "hit parade":greengrin.

GreenCastle
16-02-2016, 11:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al3jK4DDJik

Goals getting announced in Germany at Bayern game. :thumbsup:

LaMotta
16-02-2016, 11:18 AM
This is the last song of the set they play on their current tour.

Superb song

Would be good after a big victory, rather than before the game!

silverhibee
16-02-2016, 11:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhSB8EEnCAM

For tonight God is a Hibby. :flag:

Hibstrooper
16-02-2016, 11:19 AM
If the occasion calls for SoL at the end of a match, don't launch straight in to it at full time - let the natural noise/songs/excitement from the crowd buzz for a bit, then as it starts to die down kick into SoL.

A couple of times the players have been going mental, celebrating on the pitch and half the crowd don't know whether to continue going mental and applaud the players or stand back and join in with SoL.

That would be my suggestion.

Argylehibby
16-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Team leaving the tunnel.... "This is the day" Manic street preachers SOL only after the big game wins.

Sprouleflyer
16-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Hello,

Can you get a colleague to give you the actual half time scores instead of reading out the scores that were available a few minutes before half time.

This will mean delaying the anouncing of the scores and might mess up your half time routine? But getting incorrect half time scores can be a bit annoying, the prime example being the Killie Hearts game a few weeks ago. The score given over the tannoy was 0-0, but Killie scored very late on in the half, then a couple of minutes later, Hearts got an equaliser before half time. The score was updated over the tannoy a few minutes later to 1-0 Killie, which at the time was still incorrect!

A small point I know, but would be nice if the scores given were correct.

Cheers.

iwasthere1972
16-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Anything that winds them up will do nicely.

Haymaker
16-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Great pump up song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ7x_Op-jMY

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2016, 11:31 AM
How about after a key result the players dedicate a song to the support?

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Always quite liked jump around by House of a Pain for getting things started

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Hi Barrie and welcome.

Jump Around by House of Pain might just get a bounce going :greengrin

Sorry came too late to the party - love that song would be great if it became a cue for a bounce.

Ken
16-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Thursday Night Football on CBS theme is a bit of a cracker, I was rather surprised hearing it at ER the first time, but I like it, stick with it

What song is it?

theonlywayisup
16-02-2016, 11:40 AM

Goalscorer for Hibs is, Jasonnnnn.......

Phil MaGlass
16-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Try this, need to listen to it for a wee while and break it up into what you can use, I think the Andre Bocelli bit first then then lead into Tsunami,
16,000 Hibs fans bouncing to this just before KO, excellent,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnOzY2EAkKo

Wheat Hound
16-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Dropkick Murphy's Shipping up to Boston for me too

Siralbertkidd
16-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Stiff Little Fingers - Go For It! when Hibs come out please. No lyrics, just a tune to get pumped up to. :flag:

Carheenlea
16-02-2016, 11:44 AM
SoL kept for culmination of great victories/occasions, and if we succeed tonight then that is one of those very occasions.
As for before the game, why not cut the music 5 minutes before kick off? Let the fans create their own atmosphere with chants and songs and have the teams coming out to roars and cheers rather than to some second rate pop number?

crash
16-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Before kick off play ' You'll Never Walk Alone', would be amazing in a full house.

StevieT
16-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Stiff Little Fingers - Go For It! when Hibs come out please. No lyrics, just a tune to get pumped up to. :flag:

If you've ever been to a Fingers gig then you will know that there are lyrics.....de de de, dededede, de de de, dedededede....etc :wink:

It would be good as the team come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL8oPBgnoLI

Geo_1875
16-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Before kick off play ' You'll Never Walk Alone', would be amazing in a full house.

**** right off

J-C
16-02-2016, 11:56 AM

Think we'll leave that for the lesser greens in the west.

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2016, 11:58 AM

Is that a joke???

Andy74
16-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Is that a joke???

Might have been, but we did sing it when I was first going to games. Seems to just be in recent years we've got a bit touchy about singing anyhting that Celtic also happen to sing.

I think it probably got replaced by Sunshine on Leith as it was the one the scarfs were held up to.

Geo_1875
16-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Might have been, but we did sing it when I was first going to games. Seems to just be in recent years we've got a bit touchy about singing anyhting that Celtic also happen to sing.

I think it probably got replaced by Sunshine on Leith as it was the one the scarfs were held up to.

I think it's probably because we don't do musical theatre, nothing to do with Celtc who stole it from Liverpool who stole it from someone else.

h185forever
16-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Echoing another complaint about the sound in the east.....the west is every bit as bad.

Is loud enough and the songs can be heard ok but.................

I've always found it hard to hear what's being said at half time ...the sound just isn't clear and that's not new its been like that at Easter Road for years (30+), so its not just my failing ears..

As much as it pains me to say it the sound quality at the other side of the town is much better.

A new PA system please.

007 Mickey Weir
16-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Sunshine on leith at the end. As said before too slow to come out to. Needs to be something more up beat. Hibee Hibernian is better

Posh Swanny
16-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Probably just me but I've always wanted a club to try something emotive that builds slowly before the teams come out, rather than a happy, happy, jumpy, jumpy effort! If anyone has ever seen Metallica live before you'll know the sort of thing I mean - all fans know what it is, all fans know it means the band will be coming onto the stage very soon and you can feel the excitement building in the air.

Geo_1875
16-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Probably just me but I've always wanted a club to try something emotive that builds slowly before the teams come out, rather than a happy, happy, jumpy, jumpy effort! If anyone has ever seen Metallica live before you'll know the sort of thing I mean - all fans know what it is, all fans know it means the band will be coming onto the stage very soon and you can feel the excitement building in the air.

Enter Sandman!!!

Posh Swanny
16-02-2016, 12:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGNmXoVxRZU

Ryan91
16-02-2016, 12:19 PM
What song is it?

This one:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx1BMvx9uZI

SteveHFC
16-02-2016, 12:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXfnZ7HYD_k

Think this would be a good song to play before the teams come out.

Archie89
16-02-2016, 12:26 PM
I'd talk to the players about what they would want to come out to. If it gets someone in the team 0.1% more up for it then it's worth it in my opinion.
Since you are asking the fans however, I don't think SOL should ever be played before a game, has to be upbeat for me and id prefer hibs songs.

Posh Swanny
16-02-2016, 12:28 PM
I'd talk to the players about what they would want to come out to. If it gets someone in the team 0.1% more up for it then it's worth it in my opinion.
Since you are asking the fans however, I don't think SOL should ever be played before a game, has to be upbeat for me and id prefer hibs songs.

Great shout.

Posh used to come out to some dirge by Adele that all the home fans hated and all the away teams took the piss out of - but it was a bit of an anthem within the team and we were pretty decent for the few years they used it!

lyonhibs
16-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Whilst I'd agree with a decent tune as the players actually come out the tunnel, for the 15 minutes before that would it be too much to ask, at least for big games, for there to be no tunes at all and just let the massed ranks of fans sing their songs and generate an atmosphere organically??

Andy74
16-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Wouldn't we prefer some sort of link to Hibs? Which is why SoL works. The non descript dramatic music I just can't take to and I think a lot of the suggestions fall into that sort of category. It's not a concert or the speedway, it's Hibs.

RCNG
16-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Dropkick Murphy's Shipping up to Boston for me too

This!

Ozyhibby
16-02-2016, 12:39 PM

I like that. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betty Boop
16-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Once the sound system is sorted we need to play some tunes with a big booming bassline. Nothing gets the crowd going better.

Unfortunately, it also upsets the guys with heart problems.

I'd have Born Slippy before, 500 Miles for after a win and keep SoL for special occasions. If we lose the crowd will supply their own soundtrack.

Defo Born Slippy ! :agree:

Ozyhibby
16-02-2016, 12:44 PM
Whilst I'd agree with a decent tune as the players actually come out the tunnel, for the 15 minutes before that would it be too much to ask, at least for big games, for there to be no tunes at all and just let the massed ranks of fans sing their songs and generate an atmosphere organically??

Tends not to happen though. Why leave it to chance?

Greencore
16-02-2016, 12:46 PM

Here ist ein besser video
http://youtu.be/oKxAHwLOakw

lyonhibs
16-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Tends not to happen though. Why leave it to chance?

You think it wouldn't happen in a sold out Edinburgh Derby?? Odd, I'd have thought faith in your fellow HFC fans was one of your strong points :greengrin

And also, "tends not to happen" would indicate that it's been tested at big games before. When was the last time there was audio silence for 15 minutes before a big game?

It's also worth noting that just blasting tunes, decent or not, might get some folk tapping their toes and humming along, but it doesn't de facto generate a proper football atmosphere.

Smartie
16-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Great shout.

Posh used to come out to some dirge by Adele that all the home fans hated and all the away teams took the piss out of - but it was a bit of an anthem within the team and we were pretty decent for the few years they used it!

I don't know why but I found that really funny.

I hate to think what kind of crap the players would come up with - it would have been the bloody Vengaboys a couple of years back. The perfect musical accompaniment to the garbage football they played.

EH6 Hibby
16-02-2016, 01:08 PM
It's been played loads of times before, but for big games like tonight this would be perfect.

https://youtu.be/o6OzE4wRjpo

Not the bit right at the beginning, the main bit.

Cabbage East
16-02-2016, 01:15 PM
please God no goal music. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.

Stuarty27
16-02-2016, 01:15 PM
The speakers in the east is shocking. You genuinely can't heard a word Barrie says.

I sit in row d and you can't hear a word which is a shame.

I was at hospitality few weeks ago and your interviews were really good. I think we should interview more ex players at half time.

Tonight I'd play sol just be ko, this is a one off, under lights vs Hearts will be tremendous.

All in all getting the sound right is a critical in improving the pre match entertainment as we genuinely can't hear a word you say.

kaimendhibs
16-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Shipping up to Boston - the dropkick Murphy's

SOL at the end of big game where we have won.

mixture of upbeat music from all eras
This gets my vote

Moulin Yarns
16-02-2016, 01:24 PM
I found this while searching youtube

:greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXl_pnTvlRU

Apparently used by Northampton Town

Geo_1875
16-02-2016, 01:31 PM
I found this while searching youtube

:greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXl_pnTvlRU

Apparently used by Northampton Town

Too much diddly dee music.

If we're going for random songs here's one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUyiMSEwRaI

LustForLeith
16-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Can I get a dedication to my son whose goign tonight. He was a Jambo but now he's a Hibs fan!

Smartie
16-02-2016, 01:36 PM
007 (Shanty Town) by Desmond Dekker should be played at every derby.

Smartie
16-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Can I get a dedication to my son whose goign tonight. He was a Jambo but now he's a Hibs fan!

What did you do with his spare fingers?

hibsmad
16-02-2016, 01:41 PM
for me SOL at the beginning! it would set the tone for the derby!!!

we dont need to play it everyweek at the beginning but for a derby? ABSOLUTELY!!!!:flag:

Have to say I agree with this.

Lots of people saying SOL only at the end, but on occasions like tonight it would be absolutely brilliant at the start as well. Just as it has been at the start of other big games in the past.

On the build up to ko there will be singing back and forward between both sets of fans, then, just as the teams come out, SOL starts and the fans are in full voice.

Goosebumps

hibeesjoe
16-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Just get 16k doing the poznań for 90minutes. Not much of a view but will look good

Siralbertkidd
16-02-2016, 01:43 PM
If you've ever been to a Fingers gig then you will know that there are lyrics.....de de de, dededede, de de de, dedededede....etc :wink:

It would be good as the team come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL8oPBgnoLI

Thanks Stevie, I was wondering how to swap something Hibs related for the de de de's, but the de de de's would be just as good for Hibs as SLF.

Never seen a bad SLF gig!

Tha Cabbage Kid
16-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Just get 16k doing the poznań for 90minutes. Not much of a view but will look good
Whats that?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

hibeesjoe
16-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Whats that?

It's when the crowd turn there back on the game and start jumping up and down in time. It looks cool but don't really see the point as you can't watch the game haha

Tha Cabbage Kid
16-02-2016, 01:47 PM
I've seen some football in Poland and i can understand why they would do that 😊

Peanut Shaz
16-02-2016, 01:47 PM
By all means announce the crowd tonight and play on the all out. But please don't thank the 3,500 Jambos for attending.

hibeesjoe
16-02-2016, 01:48 PM
I've seen some football in Poland and i can understand why they would do that [emoji4]

http://youtu.be/DXuIgeX-me4

mutley
16-02-2016, 01:49 PM
By all means announce the crowd tonight and play on the all out. But please don't thank the 3,500 Jambos for attending.

Especially mention the number of home fans

Haymaker
16-02-2016, 01:53 PM
http://youtu.be/DXuIgeX-me4

Nah this one is better by them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Ju8-AzH6I

Andy74
16-02-2016, 01:56 PM
I think it's probably because we don't do musical theatre, nothing to do with Celtc who stole it from Liverpool who stole it from someone else.

All songs come from somewhere. It was regularly sung for quite a while.

monktonharp
16-02-2016, 02:02 PM

I love Cher. Since it's my birthday today any chance you could play one of her songs for me tonight? If so "Gypises, Tramps and Thieves" will be great:agree:

hibee
16-02-2016, 02:59 PM

I would prefer this too but more for smaller games. When there's only 8 or 9000 in the stadium I'd like to be able to speak to my mates without the noise coming from the speakers, if it was music that might be ok but in the FF upper it's just noise, you can't really hear the words.

Shrekko
16-02-2016, 03:29 PM
'Orchestrated' atmosphere at sports events is brutal.

LustForLeith
16-02-2016, 10:06 PM
What happened to my birthday dedication? I thought Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves was a cert to be played!

stoneyburn hibs
16-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Definitely an improvement tonight Barrie, you stuck to them quite a few times.

Leith Mo
16-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Barrie good show. Given their victory over Kaiser Bill how about "Keep the Home Fires Burning" ("It's a Long Way to Tipperary" might be too "inconvenient" for them geo-pokitically). Then again stick with a traditional song they all learnt on their mother's/sister's/neice's (insert inbred relationship here): "YOU'VE GOT TO PICK A POCKET OR TWO (& the rest)"

B.H.F.C
16-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Why the f*** would you 'thank' the 3700 Hearts supporters?

Andy74
16-02-2016, 10:26 PM
The dramatic stuff after SoL at the beginning killed the atmosphere and let Hearts get some songs in. Should have gone straight to a Glory to the Hibees or something to keep it going.

hfc rd
16-02-2016, 10:48 PM

That's what I was confused about? Would never thank them in a billion years.

Shrekko
16-02-2016, 11:32 PM
The dramatic stuff after SoL at the beginning killed the atmosphere and let Hearts get some songs in. Should have gone straight to a Glory to the Hibees or something to keep it going.

Atmosphere totally killed at the start with the blaring music and screaming over the mic. The crowd don't need stoked up for a derby. I'd also rather wait till the game was finished before tempting fate with the wee digs.

I've said it before but how did crowds manage years ago without someone on the PA telling them to make some noise? Sometimes less is more?

The positive was the Bundesliga scorer announcement- it worked.

GreenCastle
16-02-2016, 11:37 PM

Didn't like this part :confused:

Please don't thank them or any old firm fans or Aberdeen / Utd fans coming to our ground.

Apart from that...much better - just fix those speakers in the East!!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-02-2016, 11:44 PM

:agree: Lesson learned. SoL at the END of the game...

Andy74
16-02-2016, 11:45 PM
:agree: Lesson learned. SoL at the END of the game...

Thought it worked okay before the game and got the crowd singing but it was killed by the music that followed it.

ronaldo7
16-02-2016, 11:46 PM

That's what I was confused about? Would never thank them in a billion years.

Didn't like this part :confused:

Please don't thank them or any old firm fans or Aberdeen / Utd fans coming to our ground.

Apart from that...much better - just fix those speakers in the East!!!

He missed out deciding to turn up, This time.:aok:

Obviously they thought they had a chance.:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-02-2016, 11:48 PM
Thought it worked okay before the game and got the crowd singing but it was killed by the music that followed it.

Fair play, but not for me.

GreenCastle
16-02-2016, 11:50 PM
SOL must be kept for the end of games when we WIN - especially the THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU lyrics.

HibsAnnouncer
17-02-2016, 12:52 AM

It is something that Leanne has requested us to do at all home games throughout the season. We do it at every league game and tonight had to be the same.

macd123
17-02-2016, 01:05 AM
It is something that Leanne has requested us to do at all home games throughout the season. We do it at every league game and tonight had to be the same.

I liked that. It's a good gesture - win, lose or draw.

cjward2
17-02-2016, 01:17 AM

My vote for this one too. Great tune to come out to.

Pete
17-02-2016, 02:53 AM
Atmosphere totally killed at the start with the blaring music and screaming over the mic. The crowd don't need stoked up for a derby. I'd also rather wait till the game was finished before tempting fate with the wee digs.

I've said it before but how did crowds manage years ago without someone on the PA telling them to make some noise? Sometimes less is more?

Crowds created an atmosphere back in the day because they were closer together with their mates and more anonymous due to the flatter terracing gradient and density of people. I'm think most modern grounds atmospheres are enhanced by this type of build up, especially when the ground is half full.

They probably also created an atmosphere because all they had coming over the tannoy back then was dodgy music at half time. I'm pretty sure we would have loved some American style razzmatazz from a PA in an all seated stadium back then.

It's fine as it is IMO.

Pete
17-02-2016, 03:07 AM
Wouldn't we prefer some sort of link to Hibs? Which is why SoL works. The non descript dramatic music I just can't take to and I think a lot of the suggestions fall into that sort of category. It's not a concert or the speedway, it's Hibs.

SOL is definitely not the song to come out to. It's emotional and reflective which isn't ideal before a match.

You are indeed correct, we are hibs: a football team with a limited amount of songs attached to us so why not have some unconnected tunnel music? The hibs songs could get played before that anyway to keep our "identity" intact.

Besides, dozens of other clubs which have just as much history and status have chosen unconnected music and it has become their own.

Personally, I would have us coming out the tunnel to something like this which has a brilliant build up. Nothing to do with his but so what? :thumbsup:

Audioslave - Cochise (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m7yDT8dTlpQ)

Deansy
17-02-2016, 03:13 AM

I think it's class - Hibs class !