PDA

View Full Version : BTG Bar

Real Emerald
16-02-2016, 07:58 AM
I presume BTG will be opening at 6pm as per normal tonight? Would have been nice for it to open a wee bit earlier for such a big game.

SeanWilson
16-02-2016, 08:26 AM
I presume BTG will be opening at 6pm as per normal tonight? Would have been nice for it to open a wee bit earlier for such a big game.

Do you have to be an ST holder to get in to BTG?

Billy Whizz
16-02-2016, 08:34 AM

Usually, but always worth a chance

SeanWilson
16-02-2016, 08:36 AM
Usually, but always worth a chance

Thanks, dinner with the mrs then heading to the ground, BTG could be a good option.

Salt N Sauzee
16-02-2016, 08:41 AM

Opens at 5.30 :aok:

GreenCastle
16-02-2016, 08:42 AM
5.30pm according to the club statement.

Real Emerald
16-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Opens at 5.30 :aok:

Get in there. Cheers

Sir David Gray
16-02-2016, 09:12 AM

No.

A season ticket holder is able to bring a +1 as long as they have a match ticket for the Hibs end.

SeanWilson
16-02-2016, 09:30 AM
No.

A season ticket holder is able to bring a +1 as long as they have a match ticket for the Hibs end.

thank you mate.

Dav1986
16-02-2016, 10:03 AM
So is it still just one guest for each st holder? 3 of us going tonight and we're going to go to btg but only one is a st holder. What are chances of getting in?

We will be there about 6pm.

grammyb111
16-02-2016, 10:09 AM
So is it still just one guest for each st holder? 3 of us going tonight and we're going to go to btg but only one is a st holder. What are chances of getting in?

There will be a lot of folk coming and going so can always ask if they'd mind 'signing' you in. I wouldn't be that surprised if they restricted this to ST holders only tonight if it starts to get too busy...

hibee
16-02-2016, 11:07 AM

I don't go often but can't remember ever being asked to show my ST to get in although that may change tonight.

Real Emerald
16-02-2016, 11:13 AM
I don't go often but can't remember ever being asked to show my ST to get in although that may change tonight.

You do need to show your ST and tonight they will be even more strict I would think.

hibee
16-02-2016, 11:45 AM
You do need to show your ST and tonight they will be even more strict I would think.

Yes I would think it will be enforced tonight, does anyone know what the food is like these days as I will need to feed the kids somewhere before kick off.

Smartie
16-02-2016, 11:46 AM
I've never been.

How exactly do you get in, where do you go?

Billy Whizz
16-02-2016, 11:47 AM
I've never been.

Door at the side of the club shop

grammyb111
16-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Yes I would think it will be enforced tonight, does anyone know what the food is like these days as I will need to feed the kids somewhere before kick off.

Pies, sausages, chips and beans like school dinner fare. It's fine for how much it is. Getting seats is a problem, there is a huge suite with tables, but only seems to have 20 seats, which are always taken when you go in!

iwasthere1972
16-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Pies, sausages, chips and beans like school dinner fare. It's fine for how much it is. Getting seats is a problem, there is a huge suite with tables, but only seems to have 20 seats, which are always taken when you go in!

The lack of tables and good seating puts me off going. You really need to get in as soon as its opens to almost guarantee yourself a seat/table. Plus the normal queues to get a drink. Tend to just go up town for a drink or two then jump on a bus to Easter Road.

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2016, 02:28 PM
The lack of tables and good seating puts me off going. You really need to get in as soon as its opens to almost guarantee yourself a seat/table. Plus the normal queues to get a drink. Tend to just go up town for a drink or two then jump on a bus to Easter Road.

Yep agreed, a major rethink needed for BTG if it's going to attract people away from the local pubs. Like a bloody social club with a clique at times.

stantonhibby
16-02-2016, 04:21 PM

Agree with this. It serves a purpose but it could do with being more 'pub-like'. Maybe smaller tables would be a start however it is what it is and obviously not a priority for funds to be spent on it.

TRC
16-02-2016, 04:35 PM
They should bin the big round tables and just do massive long benches and tables.

I'm_cabbaged
16-02-2016, 04:38 PM
It's main purpose is functions though?

Speedy
16-02-2016, 04:45 PM
I've never been.

Beside the club shop, the east side.

stantonhibby
16-02-2016, 05:00 PM
It's main purpose is functions though?

Not sure.... been to a function there many moons ago. Assumed they did that sort of thing in West stand now.