PDA

View Full Version : Willie Collum

inglisavhibs
15-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Ruins football matches, no understanding of football. No wonder managers get in to trouble!

Argylehibby
15-02-2016, 09:34 PM
:agree: but what's the muppet done now??

gaz1875
15-02-2016, 09:36 PM
WC has had some terrible decisions, got the 3rd goal spot on though. The players aren't helping by throwing themselves all over the place...we will see that tomorrow, mostly by the tramps!!

AlbertK86
15-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Who is reffing tomorrow ?

Mikey09
15-02-2016, 09:54 PM
WC has had some terrible decisions, got the 3rd goal spot on though. The players aren't helping by throwing themselves all over the place...we will see that tomorrow, mostly by the tramps!!

Be be prepared to be patient tomorrow night! Yams will, dive, wave imaginary cards, persistently make niggly fouls to stop us going forward, surround the ref at every opportunity, time waste and wind US up whenever they can.

inglisavhibs
15-02-2016, 09:55 PM
True,but he started all the mayhem. Penalty for Inverness just wrong. Both the challenges on Taylor and Shinnie were penalties. Booking of Taylor wrong as well, he doesn't seem to have any feel for the game. Referees have a difficult job but he just gets too much wrong for me.

andrew70
15-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Who is reffing tomorrow ?

John Beaton IIRC

Sir David Gray
15-02-2016, 09:59 PM
John Beaton IIRC

You do indeed remember correctly.

gaz1875
15-02-2016, 10:00 PM
True,but he started all the mayhem. Penalty for Inverness just wrong. Both the challenges on Taylor and Shinnie were penalties. Booking of Taylor wrong as well, he doesn't seem to have any feel for the game. Referees have a difficult job but he just gets too much wrong for me.

I agree with the Aberdeen penalty claims both stick ons, he is terrible but on the FIFA list :rolleyes: people in high places I think.

greenpaper55
15-02-2016, 10:02 PM
One of the biggest displays of ineptitude by a ref, what a clown of a man and how he is allowed to get away with it is amazing. By the way how bad are Aberdeen and ICT not that much better but they are another team of hammer throwers and giants.

ArmadaleHibs
15-02-2016, 10:02 PM
There's a case for every referee in Scotland to be piss poor. There's no one who is ever so good but many who are ever so poor.
Says it all really

Ggtth

staunchhibby
15-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Bring back the Maltese ref.He would show our lot how it should be done.

JimBHibees
15-02-2016, 10:18 PM
It is quite obvious there is no proper monitoring of referees performances, this clown is allowed to make appalling decisions with impunity and no responsibility. Absolutely no understanding of the game whatsoever.

archiebald
15-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Ruins football matches, no understanding of football. No wonder managers get in to trouble!
Was bad when he refereed juvenile football...was fast tracked

ACLeith
16-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Firstly, my opinions from the highlights of the game -

Inverness award was a blatant dive, not even close to being contact
Challenges on Shinnie and Taylor were stonewallers
Some ICT fouls were clearly bookings but not given

Now for some published facts –

Aberdeen only had 43% possession i.e. 39 minutes of the 90
ICT committed 21 fouls. That works out at 1 every 1.9 minutes of Aberdeen possession
Which team benefitted most from the result – Celtic
Willie Collum was born in Glasgow
His occupation outside Football is as a religious studies teacher at various RC schools in Bellshill, Wishaw, Coatbridge and Blackburn, West Lothian.

Glad I’m not a Dons fan, or a conspiracy theorist!

Carheenlea
16-02-2016, 12:52 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03jpcy7

This is worth listening to just for Richard Gordon's opening gambit - the boy was raging :hilarious

Smartie
16-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Was bad when he refereed juvenile football...was fast tracked

Where did he referee juvenile football?

I played in an amateur league in West Lothian for a short while and I remember having a really good, young ref in a game there once. I've often wondered if it could have been him because from memory he looked like him (that would maybe have been about 2002/2003 or so)?

jdships
16-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Watched the game on BT last night and was very disappointed in a Ref who is going to the Euro Finals as Scotland's only rep
Felt his positioning on a number of occasions was poor and his general " management " of the game left a lot too be desired
Given this game was shown world wide not a good advert for the quality of Scottish football officials :confused: