PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere

Malongoals
15-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Sell-out crowds don't come around too often, it's important we make use of every last fan inside ER tomorrow night. It's understandable that not everyone will be on their feet singing for the full 90 minutes but it's little things, like not getting on a player's back after a misplaced pass, that really can make the difference. I'm sure the East will be bouncing and I hope we're hearing the whole ground belting out Sunshine on Leith at full-time.

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2016, 10:18 AM
I shall be in my seat 5 minutes before kick off as usual belting out "play up Hibernian !!" ..... "hurry up Hibs !!" and "kick it !!" ...... while still finding time to applaud fine play by the opposition :greengrin

SeanWilson
15-02-2016, 10:20 AM
You'd have to go a long way to beat the night against AEK..... i think tomorrow night has 'special' written all over it....now, lets get the result!!! :flag::flag:

Ryan91
15-02-2016, 10:27 AM
You'd have to go a long way to beat the night against AEK..... i think tomorrow night has 'special' written all over it....now, lets get the result!!! :flag::flag:

AEK was a special night, but the New Years Derby and the Spoony deflection game in the cup under Fenlon were amazing games too in terms of atmosphere and stick in my mind, perhaps cause I was about 9/10 at the time of AEK

Mcpakeisgod
15-02-2016, 10:29 AM
AEK was a special night, but the New Years Derby and the Spoony deflection game in the cup under Fenlon were amazing games too in terms of atmosphere and stick in my mind, perhaps cause I was about 9/10 at the time of AEK

Absolutely, when that goal went in from wotherspoon it was just raw emotion, great scenes

Malongoals
15-02-2016, 10:32 AM
The Malmo game was pretty special too (first 10 minutes), 16,000 shouting 'gie the baw tae Reilly' certainly gave me goosebumps

SeanWilson
15-02-2016, 10:33 AM

Spoony deflection celebration was unreal, however overall emotion at a football match has to be AEK for me... half time sunshine on leith... :top marks

shamo9
15-02-2016, 10:36 AM
The unbeatable derby (2005) will always be how I measure atmosphere. Great game between two good teams at the top of the table and this time the good guys won.

'You're not unbeatable, you're not unbeatable' :cb

O'Connor's last minute winner is also up there since it was my first derby, incredible noise when that went in. It obviously meant even more to the guys who had suffered through last minute goals the season before.

iwasthere1972
15-02-2016, 10:55 AM
Even if we sat on our hands for most of the match and just occasionally dipped our hand into our crisp packet or sweets it would still be a better atmosphere than that lot could ever generate against us at their hovel.

Plus they'll never sing 17,000 boring barstewards because that would outnumber their 13,000 boring barstewards. Big team mentality. No ****ty home support song either so their song sheet will be limited to a couple which will of course include 1902. Maybe even 5-1.

Get an early goal and this could be a magic night. A throwback to AEK. Hairs and back of the neck time.

https://youtu.be/RFPLk5mJ1D4

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Hibernian Verse
15-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Even if we sat on our hands for most of the match and just occasionally dipped our hand into our crisp packet or sweets it would still be a better atmosphere than that lot could ever generate against us at their hovel.

Plus they'll never sing 17,000 boring barstewards because that would outnumber their 13,000 boring barstewards. Big team mentality. No ****ty home support song either so their song sheet will be limited to a couple which will of course include 1902. Maybe even 5-1.

Get an early goal and this could be a magic night. A throwback to AEK. Hairs and back of the neck time.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

I have to disagree. One place you're guaranteed a good atmosphere is a derby at Tynecastle. Fair is fair.

iwasthere1972
15-02-2016, 11:09 AM
I have to disagree. One place you're guaranteed a good atmosphere is a derby at Tynecastle. Fair is fair.

I really disagree. In my last seven or eight visits there over the last five years or so their fans have been fairly quiet apart from the beginning or when they score a goal Tends to be us who give it the atmosphere.

GreenCastle
15-02-2016, 11:15 AM

Disagree - been several times for derbies - wins and losses and while they sing the occasional song their fan base seems more reserved. Even the yam fans admit the atmosphere has been flat in these games - usually as Neilson has set them up poorly.

This was the last sold out derby - amazing Hibee bounce that night and atmosphere :top marks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9uYHZgE6AM

rcarter1
15-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Anyone seen '300'? Ive always thought this (or something Hibs related) would make a good chant for a derby.

GreenCastle
15-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Time we brought back the song we used when we Butcher :rolleyes: was here.

Come on Stubby's boys...we'll make all the noise....so ****** the Hearts :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qCIW85Mxbs

iwasthere1972
15-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Disagree - been several times for derbies - wins and losses and while they sing the occasional song their fan base seems more reserved. Even the yam fans admit the atmosphere has been flat in these games - usually as Neilson has set them up poorly.

This was the last sold out derby - amazing Hibee bounce that night and atmosphere :top marks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9uYHZgE6AM

:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
15-02-2016, 11:22 AM

Come on Stubby's boys...we'll make all the noise....so ****** the Hearts :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qCIW85Mxbs

Oh please please don't. Bad memories.

Waxy
15-02-2016, 11:38 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qCIW85MxbsNo

Edson Arantes
15-02-2016, 11:49 AM

Watch what you say :greengrin

This could turn into about 14 pages.

I however, agree with you.

JHFC
15-02-2016, 12:35 PM
We love you stubbsy we do should be belted out imo 👏🏻

Ringothedog
15-02-2016, 12:38 PM
Sell-out crowds don't come around too often, it's important we make use of every last fan inside ER tomorrow night. It's understandable that not everyone will be on their feet singing for the full 90 minutes but it's little things, like not getting on a player's back after a misplaced pass, that really can make the difference. I'm sure the East will be bouncing and I hope we're hearing the whole ground belting out Sunshine on Leith at full-time.

That will be the South Stand, the rest of the ground will be bouncing:flag:

erin go bragh
15-02-2016, 12:41 PM

Yes the PBS home ends were bouncing with a fantastic atmosphere but that was two weeks ago :) . One of my mates stays at Dalry and he has never heard as much noise coming from the PBS as he heard from us v Saints .
You hardly heard them last week and that was with them two goals up .
But our end was very lively throughout the game .

GGTTH

15-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Absolutely, when that goal went in from wotherspoon it was just raw emotion, great scenes

The atmostphere that night was fantastic. I was in the east and it was absolutely bouncing.

jacomo
15-02-2016, 03:51 PM
The atmostphere that night was fantastic. I was in the east and it was absolutely bouncing.

We took a pal from America to that game. It was his first ever 'soccer' match.

hibs0666
15-02-2016, 03:52 PM
We took a pal from America to that game. It was his first ever 'soccer' match.

Did he enjoy it?

Hibernia&Alba
15-02-2016, 03:53 PM

HappyHanlon
15-02-2016, 04:09 PM
I want to see all 3 stands making as much noise as possible. Not sitting on their hands. A rousing atmosphere makes all the difference. (AEK and Dunfermline games are proof)

No abusing the players and should we go 1 down, keep up the vocal support!

CorrieHibs
15-02-2016, 04:15 PM
I really disagree. In my last seven or eight visits there over the last five years or so their fans have been fairly quiet apart from the beginning or when they score a goal Tends to be us who give it the atmosphere.

I agree with that. The tynecastle intimidating and vocal support is a myth. I've not missed a derby there in about 4 years. They only sing when they're winning and they don't even sing for that long. They are pretty reserved.
Even last week they weren't very vocal and were 2 up.

HappyHanlon
15-02-2016, 04:18 PM
I agree with that. The tynecastle intimidating and vocal support is a myth. I've not missed a derby there in about 4 years. They only sing when they're winning. Even last week they weren't very vocal.

Funnily enough, I was speaking to a couple of Jambos at work and they were bemoaning the lack of vocal support. One said that it was the loudest he'd heard in years when Hanlon equalised!

CorrieHibs
15-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Funnily enough, I was speaking to a couple of Jambos at work and they were bemoaning the lack of vocal support. One said that it was the loudest he'd heard in years when Hanlon equalised!

My mate is a Jambo and he said he'd never seen scenes like it at Tynie in years.

GreenArmyyy!
15-02-2016, 04:25 PM
We love you stubbsy we do should be belted out imo 👏🏻

This 100%

Hibernia&Alba
15-02-2016, 04:25 PM
My mate is a Jambo and he said he'd never seen scenes like it at Tynie in years.

That's what happens when the big team visits the wee team :thumbsup:

jacomo
15-02-2016, 04:27 PM
Did he enjoy it?

Yes, although affected by the tension as the game remained 0-0. But he loved the celebrations!

hibs0666
15-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Yes, although affected by the tension as the game remained 0-0. But he loved the celebrations!

Great to hear.

matty_f
15-02-2016, 06:04 PM
For all the criticism it got, the new East - and the whole stadium - is amazing when it's full. The atmosphere at the New Year derby was incredible. Cracking atmospheres when we beat Aberdeen and Dundee United as well. It's a great stadium when it's full, especially when we're winning.

Cannot wait for tomorrow night, struggling to concentrate on normal day to day stuff for thinking about it!

buktadays
15-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Was desperate to get in the east but my mate got us in the ff upper, no complaints. Just hoping its a bit noisier than previous visits. Should be bouncing tomorrow, surely??

Sammy7nil
15-02-2016, 06:49 PM

AEK was the best atmosphere in recent times by a country mile

hfc rd
15-02-2016, 08:33 PM
AEK Athens game was the best ever Hibs game at ER atmosphere wise for me. It was just electric from the first whistle to the last. If tomorrow nights atmosphere is anything as close as that, which I'm hoping it is, then I'm buzzing for tomorrow!

Corry Hibby
15-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Get there early and get right behind the boys from the start cheer every challenge no use having 17000 of us there and not puting it to good use no negative vibes from us tomorrow :flag:

Gogs07
15-02-2016, 09:30 PM
It will be a great night and seeing the stadium full, should provide the Hibs players with the 12th man to see us into the q/finals.:agree:

Speedy
15-02-2016, 09:36 PM

Agree

Sir David Gray
15-02-2016, 09:39 PM

I thought the atmosphere they generated the other week was crap.

Hardly heard them for 90 minutes, except when they scored and a few minutes after both of their goals.

iwasthere1972
15-02-2016, 09:52 PM
I thought the atmosphere they generated the other week was crap.

Hardly heard them for 90 minutes, except when they scored and a few minutes after both of their goals.

Been like that for years. They're not even that vocal at Easter Road.

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2016, 09:53 PM
AEK was great, but for us older fans of the late 60s and early 70s, the night we pumped Sporting Lisbon 6 1 was the best atmosphere i have ever been in with Hibs. There's folk older than me who saw even better results, i wonder what it was like on those nights?

iwasthere1972
15-02-2016, 10:14 PM
AEK was great, but for us older fans of the late 60s and early 70s, the night we pumped Sporting Lisbon 6 1 was the best atmosphere i have ever been in with Hibs. There's folk older than me who saw even better results, i wonder what it was like on those nights?

Been to the bigger games in the late sixties/early 70's against the likes of Napoli, Liverpool, Leeds United twice and other European nights when the crowds were 35,000-40,000. Difficult to remember exactly what the atmosphere was like but maybe because I was conditioned to there being a noisy support and I was only wee at the time. League matches as well against Hearts, Celtic and Rangers with similar crowds were a regular occurrence during that time.

Easter Road should be rocking tomorrow night.

Bay Area Hibees
16-02-2016, 01:30 AM
Off to Nigeria for work and hoped to watch on hibs tv but looks like it's not on. Will be relying on hibs net for updates.

hibbypostie
16-02-2016, 06:33 AM

it was a great night but I found it a little cringeworthy when folk were chanting USA USA USA:rolleyes:

Glesgahibby
16-02-2016, 06:52 AM
Off to Nigeria for work and hoped to watch on hibs tv but looks like it's not on. Will be relying on hibs net for updates.
There should still be commentary on Hibs TVs :aok:

CentreLine
16-02-2016, 06:52 AM
it was a great night but I found it a little cringeworthy when folk were chanting USA USA USA:rolleyes:

To be fair that was in response to some AEK fans mimicking aeroplanes in flight crashing in to the twin towers. Pretty sick IMHO

hibbypostie
16-02-2016, 06:55 AM
To be fair that was in response to some AEK fans mimicking aeroplanes in flight crashing in to the twin towers. Pretty sick IMHO

Fair enough I suppose

KazHibby
16-02-2016, 08:34 AM

Where u going in Nigeria, I am in Victoria Island at the moment