PDA

View Full Version : Team v yams

hfc rd
14-02-2016, 11:52 AM
What's your staring XI against the gorgie paedophiles on Tue night?

Oxley

Gunnarson
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley

McGeouch (if not fit then Boyle)
Henderson
McGinn

Stokes
Cummings

subs:
Virtanen
Gray
Fontaine
Thomson
Boyle (if McGeouch isn't fit in time then Boyle to start and Carmichael on the bench)
Keatings
Dagnall

Again, I think Stubbs might go for the same XI with Thomson coming in for Dagnall but I'd like to see Boyle start this match in case McGeouch isn't fit in time for the game. His pace could be a very good weapon to trouble their defence and it's something that we don't seem to have a lot of. I'd also like to see Gunnarson start as I like the big man a lot and thought he had a great game against the yams last week. Plus Gray looked exhausted yesterday.

Libby Hibby
14-02-2016, 11:59 AM
Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Thomson
Bartley

McGeoch
Henderson
McGinn

Stokes

bingo70
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Mcgregor
Stevenson

Bartley
Thomson
Mcginn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes (part of me thinks he might start with dagnal though and bring stokes on as an impact sub)

H18 SFR
I can't see him dropping his skipper so Gray will start I think.

hibby6270
14-02-2016, 12:14 PM
The team I'd go for is the one from the OP. McGregor or Fontaine? It's a toss up.

Not sure where those of you think having Bartley and Thomson on the pitch at same time can be seen as a positive. They are too alike in their play in that they are more defensively minded and in a game wee need to be attacking, scoring goals, we need to be more attack minded.

Yes - bring either of them on together if we're winning the game and need to keep it tight in last 10-15 minutes but 2 defensive midfielders on from the start shows a lack of ambition IMO.

If the opposite is the case and it's a draw or God forbid we are behind, then Keatings and/or Boyle coming on would be ideal. Just don't leave it until the last 5 minutes like yesterday!!

Libby Hibby
14-02-2016, 12:19 PM
The team I'd go for is the one from the OP. McGregor or Fontaine? It's a toss up.

Not sure where those of you think having Bartley and Thomson on the pitch at same time can be seen as a positive. They are too alike in their play in that they are more defensively minded and in a game wee need to be attacking, scoring goals, we need to be more attack minded.

Yes - bring either of them on together if we're winning the game and need to keep it tight in last 10-15 minutes but 2 defensive midfielders on from the start shows a lack of ambition IMO.

If the opposite is the case and it's a draw or God forbid we are behind, then Keatings and/or Boyle coming on would be ideal. Just don't leave it until the last 5 minutes like yesterday!!

Both Bartley and Thomson were in the side when we were 2-0 down last week and both played a major role in our comeback...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Ox

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Hendo

Cummings
Stokes

HappyHanlon
14-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Oxley

Gray
DMG
Hanlon
Lewis

Barts
McGinn
Hendo
Thommo

JC
Stokes

The_Horde
14-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Oxley

Gray Mcgregor Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

McGeouch Henderson Mcginn

Stokes Dagnall

hibby6270
14-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Both Bartley and Thomson were in the side when we were 2-0 down last week and both played a major role in our comeback...

You're not wrong. But I thought that was more because of the way the Jambos played the game thinking they had it won. That allowed either Bartley or Thomson to be more positive. Surely the Jambos won't make same mistake. We can but hope though.

Just seen Bob Marleys Dug's team. That's how we should start the game.

easty
14-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Ox

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Hendo

Cummings
Stokes

Agree with this team.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Ox

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Hendo

Cummings
Stokes

Gunnarson in for Gray for me but apart from that spot on.

hibby6270
14-02-2016, 12:44 PM
Oxley

Gray Mcgregor Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

McGeouch Thomson Mcginn

Stokes Dagnall

Back 5 - NO!! Far too defensive unless David and Lewis are more attacking as wing backs.

Dagnall - NO!! Would love to see the lad score a goal in the game but on what we've seen of him so far, he's not up to it IMO.

The_Horde
14-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Back 5 - NO!! Far too defensive unless David and Lewis are more attacking as wing backs.

Dagnall - NO!! Would love to see the lad score a goal in the game but on what we've seen of him so far, he's not up to it IMO.

Back 3 with wing backs, as we were set to play the first game against them.

Dagnall as I think him and stokes would cause them all sorts.

bingo70
14-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Gunnarson in for Gray for me but apart from that spot on.

Interested to hear why? Gray has been excellent imo and defensively we've looked solid with him at rb

Pretty Boy
14-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Interested to hear why? Gray has been excellent imo and defensively we've looked solid with him at rb

I think he's dropped below the standards he's set himself this season. Not looking for a scapegoat or whatever as I said that I expecter a RB to come in in January months ago and Stubbs clearly agreed.

I thought our inprovement last week was cemented when Gunnarson came on as he was very good.

Tyler Durden
14-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Back 3 with wing backs, as we were set to play the first game against them.

Dagnall as I think him and stokes would cause them all sorts.

We weren't set up to play a back 3 in the first game. It was a 4-4-2

14-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Ox

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Hendo

Cummings
Stokes

Thats what i'd go with :aok:

J-C
14-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Ox

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Hendo

Cummings
Stokes

This for me too all depending on Dylan's fitness, if not then Thomson in.

aussie_hibee
14-02-2016, 01:55 PM
4-4-2
Right to left

-------------------Oxley

McGregor Hanlon Fontaine Gunnarson

------------------Bartley
---------- Thomson McGinn
---------------Henderson

-----------Cummings Stokes

McGeough for Thomson if fit

erin go bragh
14-02-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm going for this 11 .

Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
McGregor
Gunnarson

Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

GGTTH

lord bunberry
14-02-2016, 02:40 PM
I think he's dropped below the standards he's set himself this season. Not looking for a scapegoat or whatever as I said that I expecter a RB to come in in January months ago and Stubbs clearly agreed.

I thought our inprovement last week was cemented when Gunnarson came on as he was very good.
I think the Gray/Gunnarson decision is the only dilemma for Stubbs on Tuesday. Gray isn't playing badly, but I'm not sure if he's playing as well as Gunnarson did at the pbs. I wouldn't be bothered either way tbh.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2016, 02:46 PM
I think the Gray/Gunnarson decision is the only dilemma for Stubbs on Tuesday. Gray isn't playing badly, but I'm not sure if he's playing as well as Gunnarson did at the pbs. I wouldn't be bothered either way tbh.

I'd agree to an extent. I don't think Gray is playing badly as such but so much of our wide attacking threats come from FB and I'm unsure he is providing that at the moment.

It's a dilemma for Stubbs but I'd be tempted to give Gunnarson the nod, I'd be a million miles from distraught if it was Gray though. It's a good problem to have.

The_Horde
14-02-2016, 02:52 PM
We weren't set up to play a back 3 in the first game. It was a 4-4-2

We were until Fontaine got injured. Read my post again.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2016, 03:11 PM
If McGeouch is fit then;

Oxley

Stevenson
Hanlon
McGregor
Gray

Bartley
McGeouch
Henderson
McGinn

Stokes
Cummings

SUBS

Virtanen
Gunnarsson
Fontaine
Thomson
Boyle
Dagnall
Keatings

Onceinawhile
14-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Dylan in for dagnall. Otherwise same as last night.

Really hope Dylan makes it. He's our most important player.

we are hibs
14-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Oxley
gray
mcgregor
Hanlon
gunnarsson
mcgeouch
henderson
bartley
mcginn
stokes
Cummings

Kaiserclem
14-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Oxley

Gunnarsson
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson

Bartley

Mcginn
McGeouch
Henderson

Dagnall
Stokes

Subs: Virtanen, Fontaine, Thomson, Boyle, Keatings, Cummings, Carmichael.

3pm
14-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Any chance of Fyvie on the bench?

Billy Whizz
14-02-2016, 07:53 PM

Stubbs said he was going to be out 3/4 weeks from the Morton game

Sir David Gray
14-02-2016, 08:03 PM

He won't be back for around another three weeks.

LaMotta
14-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Cannot believe anyone would seriously start Dagnall over Cummings. Bonkers!

broondog
14-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Ox

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Hendo

Cummings
Stokes

agree 100%. we will batter them with this 11

hibby6270
14-02-2016, 10:53 PM
What is it with the Dagnall 'love in'?

Like to think I'm a reasonable judge of how good a player is but I just haven't seen anything yet to suggest he's that good. Certainly not worthy of being picked ahead of Cummings.

Am I missing something here?

FromTheCapital
14-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Oxley
Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Bartley
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson
Stokes
Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWJ
15-02-2016, 05:47 AM

Like to think I'm a reasonable judge of how good a player is but I just haven't seen anything yet to suggest he's that good. Certainly not worthy of being picked ahead of Cummings.

Outwith his goals, Cummings has offered very little since the turn of the year. Barring Saturday, Dagnell has livened up our attack and given defenders a much tougher time whilst providing an option for our midfield, and even defence with the long ball or into the channels.

That said, Cummings' goals are a huge offering while Dagnell does not look ruthless in front of goal so far so I'd start Cummings for sure.

JC does need to get his game back to where it was a few months ago, I can't remember the last game he had where I thought he played great throughout, but he's young and you've got to give him that and it's a credit to him that he's still popped up with vital goals.

BoomtownHibees
15-02-2016, 06:03 AM
One thing we need to do is stop trying to play a striker at the tip of the midfield diamond. That's made more difficult with the absence of Dylan and Fyvie. For that reason I think we might go with 3 at the back and go:

Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Stokes

If Dylan is fit we might and probably will go with 4 at the back with Hendo playing at the tip of the diamond.

since90plustwo
15-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Why are people suggesting we drop our top scorer and our yam skelper for someone who has yet to hit the back of the net for us? :confused:

Smartie
15-02-2016, 06:28 PM

IMO Cummings, Stokes and Keatings are all goalscorers who bring little else to the table (they're all pretty damn good mind).

Dagnall is a different type of player.

A good team is greater than the sum of its parts and you need players who play well with each other.

Saturday was the first time that Dagnall has disappointed me, whereas I'd say Stokes has been quiet the past 2 games. He hasn't looked like he's hit it off at all with Cummings yet.

Malonga is a massive loss as he was very different to all the other players we had.

Cummings is a superb player who has proven himself in derbies in the past. TBH I'd be picking Dagnall ahead of Stokes, not Cummings.

I wouldn't even rule out shaking it up a bit and playing Boyle - his pace would have that bunch of hammer-throwers having kittens.

Either way - the ones we don't pick could cause problems off the bench. Imagine flinging Stokes on for the last 20 when they're tiring?

Oxley

Gunnarson
McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
Henderson

Dagnall
Cummings

(if McGeoch doesn't make it. Totally different line-up if he does).

CL0762
15-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Oxley

Gunnarsson
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Henderson
Carmichael

Cummings

That's what I would personally go for given available personnel.

Smartie
15-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Oxley

Gunnarsson
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Henderson
Carmichael

Cummings

That's what I would personally go for given available personnel.

That's not a bad shout at all.

I don't know if Carmichael is ready to be flung in from the start yet though.

Aldo
15-02-2016, 06:57 PM
I really hope Dylan is fit for tomorrow night because he has that drive and willingness to take folk on.

I don't think Stokes playing at the tip of the diamond worked so unless Stubbs plays 3 at the back I'd agree with others on here te team selection (unless Stubbs decides to surprise us all.

If he did decide to play wing backs I'd be tempted to play Boyle at RWB as he had his finest game from us there in the 2-0 derby win last season.

Ox

Gray MacGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Bartley
McGeouch McGinn Henderson

Stokes Cummings

Or with 3 CH's

Ox

MAcGregor Hanlon Fontaine
Boyle McGeouch McGinn Henderson Stevenson
Stokes Cummings

Cod Boy
15-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know if Dylan trained today.

MWHIBBIES
15-02-2016, 07:20 PM

Dagnall - NO!! Would love to see the lad score a goal in the game but on what we've seen of him so far, he's not up to it IMO.It isn't too defensive and obviously they would be wing backs. 532 got us a win over Hearts last season.

coldingham hibs
15-02-2016, 07:31 PM
I expect Hearts to go with a 4-3-3 with Nicholson & Walker the wide players of the front 3. Whatever our line up we need to make sure that these 2 players are not left in space as their pace will cause a lot of problems.

Personally I would like to see Boyle as a wing back or wide in a Hibs front 3 as he has the pace to cover. Stevenson can probably hold his own but I fear that Gray could struggle.

Whatever the formation it's going to be extremely difficult to win the game, Hearts will be busting a gut after the first game, maybe a sending off in store.

Alex Trager
15-02-2016, 07:51 PM
I expect Hearts to go with a 4-3-3 with Nicholson & Walker the wide players of the front 3. Whatever our line up we need to make sure that these 2 players are not left in space as their pace will cause a lot of problems.

Personally I would like to see Boyle as a wing back or wide in a Hibs front 3 as he has the pace to cover. Stevenson can probably hold his own but I fear that Gray could struggle.

Whatever the formation it's going to be extremely difficult to win the game, Hearts will be busting a gut after the first game, maybe a sending off in store.

They two must also, in fact all of their team MUST NOT be given any space outside our box.

They have never scored a goal inside our box since Stubbs came in.

They must not be allowed any space. We have never learned for some reason and time and time again they've scored against us from these areas

trev the hat
15-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know if Dylan trained today.

According to Stubbs on HTV he is touch & go for tomorrow, didn't say if he trained.

Billy Whizz
15-02-2016, 08:15 PM
According to Stubbs on HTV he is touch & go for tomorrow, didn't say if he trained.

Keeping the Yams guessing, think he'll be on the bench

trev the hat
15-02-2016, 08:17 PM

Yes Billy, I agree. I do think there will be a surprise in the starting line up though.

erin go bragh
15-02-2016, 08:18 PM
They two must also, in fact all of their team MUST NOT be given any space outside our box.

They have never scored a goal inside our box since Stubbs came in.

They must not be allowed any space. We have never learned for some reason and time and time again they've scored against us from these areas

The second goal last Sun was scored inside our box was it not .
If McGeuoch is not fit I'd be happy with the same 11 that turned it around last Sun .

GGTTH

Libby Hibby
15-02-2016, 08:20 PM

Personally, I'd play him if he's fit enough for the bench

Billy Whizz
15-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Yes Billy, I agree. I do think there will be a surprise in the starting line up though.

I do too, but I'm not in the know

Cod Boy
15-02-2016, 08:27 PM

Farid?

danhibees1875
15-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Ox

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Gunnerson

Bartley

Mcginn
Mcgeogh
Henderson

Cummings
Dagnall

However, if Fontaine, Stevenson, Thomson, Fyvie, Boyle or stokes makes the team then I won't complain. Which says a lot about the squad we have right now.

I think stokes would be better off the bench with half an hour to play.

trev the hat
15-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Farid?

Highly unlikely, I've no idea who, I'm thinking more like Boyle or Keats if he goes for pace. AS hopefully makes the right choice 👍

Alex Trager
15-02-2016, 08:33 PM
The second goal last Sun was scored inside our box was it not .
If McGeuoch is not fit I'd be happy with the same 11 that turned it around last Sun .

GGTTH

Yeah true. Haha. Ignoring that

AlbertK86
15-02-2016, 08:50 PM
I see a few wanting Boyle in the team

I'm sorry I just don't see anything other than pace in him.

Bench at best if we are needing to stretch teams near the end.

For me if Dylan is fit

I'd go for

Ox

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
McGeouch
Henderson
McGinn

Stokes
Cummings

Harsh on McGregor who has done well but think we play better football out from the back with Hanlon and Fontaine.

Stokes and Cummings up top for me despite liking Dagnall's work rate and the way he forces the opposition to rush a pass with the pressure he puts on. Just doesn't seem to have the same ability to finish as the other two.

If Dylan not fit ... Go 3-5-2 with McGregor in

andrew70
15-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Oxley

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gunnarsson
Henderson
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

Cummings
Dagnall

Sir David Gray
15-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Ox

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Gunnerson

Bartley

Mcginn
Mcgeogh
Henderson

Cummings
Dagnall

However, if Fontaine, Stevenson, Thomson, Fyvie, Boyle or stokes makes the team then I won't complain. Which says a lot about the squad we have right now.

I think stokes would be better off the bench with half an hour to play.

Fyvie won't be available for around another 3 weeks.

Can't understand anyone picking Dagnall ahead of Stokes.

truehibernian
15-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Don't think he will but Gunnerson would be a good shout to start for me. He played well and they're foul count alone suggests opportunities at set pieces. I again think Boyle would be in my first 11 for a frenetic start and utilising his pace - he and Gunnerson would press that flank high.

I watched a few moments from last years derbies last week and we lost goals by not pressing Paterson in particular - Lewis needs far more support from his left mid - both their Derby goals came from Paterson being given time to measure a cross.

Hearts are predictable, we need to be on the front foot from the off, much like the 2-0 game last season. Hence I think Boyle would be hugely influential.

ivan03
16-02-2016, 02:38 AM
Stokes didn't train Monday so there's a chance he won't be involved

crash
16-02-2016, 04:10 AM

Stevenson had a shocker at Tynecastle,poor play for both their goals,gave away soft free kicks due to his lack of height,short header back to Bartley could have been costly.I would be surprised if Stubbs doesn't address this,we cant afford to give them a 2 goal start again,would like to see Gunnarsson come in to deal with Paterson.

JimBHibees
16-02-2016, 06:49 AM
Oxley

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gunnarsson
Henderson
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

Cummings
Dagnall

I too think we will play 3 at the back however don't see Gunnarson being preferred to Gray. Stokes will start if fit. Really hope Dylan starts though if not Bartley will IMO.

J-C
16-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Stevenson had a shocker at Tynecastle,poor play for both their goals,gave away soft free kicks due to his lack of height,short header back to Bartley could have been costly.I would be surprised if Stubbs doesn't address this,we cant afford to give them a 2 goal start again,would like to see Gunnarsson come in to deal with Paterson.

I don't think Stevenson having 1 poorish game in a long while will have Stubbs dropping him, he trusts him.

I can see us going 3 at the back and pushing Gray and Stevenson further forward, getting them on the back foot.

Ox

Hanlon
McGregor
Gunnarsson

Stevenson
McGinn
Bartley
Henderson
Gray

Cummings
Stokes/Dagnall

I'm unsure if Fontaine is fit to play.

HibsNutter
16-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Assuming Stokes and McGeouch make it..

Oxley

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine to help deal with back stick balls to Paterson

Gray
McGeouch
McGinn
Henderson
Stevenson

Stokes
Cummings

RCNG
16-02-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm hearing that McGeough isn't fit.

jnr_hibee
16-02-2016, 12:53 PM

Yeah I can confirm, maybe make the bench.

Ronniekirk
16-02-2016, 01:13 PM

Have said all along no sense in putting him in unless100% or he will break down again and be out for longer He often stays out injured longer than expected so let's not risk him if there is any doubt .
Our season isn't just about trying to beat hearts tonight as sweet as that would be .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibby Kay-Yay
16-02-2016, 04:16 PM
GK Ox

LB Lewis
CH Hanlon
CH Fonts/McGregor
RB Gray

LM McGinn
CM Thomson/McGeoch
CM Bartley
RM Henderson

ST Stokes/Dagnall
ST Cummings

Not sure about injuries so the ones with more options are switchable

essexhibee
16-02-2016, 04:25 PM
McGeough being out is a huge blow imo. Lose a lot of creativity without him. Real shame could have been the difference between winning a losing.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2016, 04:26 PM
McGeough being out is a huge blow imo. Lose a lot of creativity without him. Real shame could have been the difference between winning a losing.

Has this been confirmed

lapsedhibee
16-02-2016, 04:28 PM
What's your staring XI against the gorgie paedophiles on Tue night?

Don't think that'll be enough. It's a Potter team so they're BIG and won't be intimidated by mere eye contact. Even a huddle before the game won't dent their sense of superiority. I'd go with a full haka before ko.

KWJ
16-02-2016, 05:56 PM
No Dylan, not even on bench.

Thomson starts. Let's hope it's the day Cummings and Stokes click.