PDA

View Full Version : Stay positive

nickwhibs
14-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Not often I start a thread, but wanted to say this. Yes, last night's game was disappointing and I understand why people are annoyed/frustrated. I was p1ssed off too but I'm not down about it. This current Hibs team have made me enjoy watching my team again - full of desire and, in the vast majority of matches, good football. The players and manager have said they aren't making excuses for last night. The tactics and performance didn't work - we move on. We have got a really exciting end of the season to look forward to. Of course we could (and should) have been 2 points closer to The Rangers, but I have no doubt we will push them all the way. We have another big game on Tuesday with a full Easter Road and, more importantly, a cup final. Stay positive and stick behind the team. GGTTH

rcarter1
14-02-2016, 11:13 AM
This is true. The players have performed amazingly well in the League Cup, and we are close to ensuring a 2nd place in the League, which makes the play offs that little bit easier. It can't be helped that Rangers are a much stronger outfit than last season, and yet we aren't completely out of the title race. The Derby has been a great distraction, and will be a boost to finances, and if we go through then things get really exciting. If we were to win a cup and gain promotion this season it would be superb. This is very feasible, and we have the quality to achieve both. My only gripe is that we still don't have an effective answer to our low goal scoring record, and it could be the difference between great season and disappointment.

Moulin Yarns
14-02-2016, 11:18 AM
This is true. The players have performed amazingly well in the League Cup, and we are close to ensuring a 2nd place in the League, which makes the play offs that little bit easier. It can't be helped that Rangers are a much stronger outfit than last season, and yet we aren't completely out of the title race. The Derby has been a great distraction, and will be a boost to finances, and if we go through then things get really exciting. If we were to win a cup and gain promotion this season it would be superb. This is very feasible, and we have the quality to achieve both. My only gripe is that we still don't have an effective answer to our low goal scoring record, and it could be the difference between great season and disappointment.

Only The Rangers and Falkirk have scored more goals than us though, and we have the best equal defensive record as The Rangers, so while it may seem as if we are low scorers, in the league we are in it has put us in second place.

Keith_M
14-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Totally agree with the OP as there has been an incredible over-reaction by some people to a dissapointing draw yesterday.

Taken in context, it's merely a blip in the midlle of a run of very good results.

Cheshire Hibby
14-02-2016, 11:33 AM
In full agreement with the OP. Let's all of us get behind the team on Tuesday night. Would be great to see ER bouncing with positive support and 90 minutes (plus ET if required) of non stop backing.

Penicuik Hibee
14-02-2016, 12:02 PM
To go from a full house at Tynie and all the emotion of the Derby (esp with that ending), to Livi on that pitch and in awful conditions was always going to be difficult. I would also think that no matter how hard the players tried to forget Tuesday, it would also be in their heads.
A great opportunity missed to put pressure on Rangers and a really poor performance. But everything is still to play for and hopefully there will be s reaction on Tuesday. Hearts will have the fitness advantage after having a free day yesterday but fingers crossed we can rise to the occasion

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2016, 12:17 PM
The time to have a go about poor form and poor performances is when we are playing poor and getting poor results, not now when we are probably on a run of results that are as good as at any time in our history.

Libby Hibby
14-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Although last night was a disappointing result, there is so much for us fans to stay positive about this season.

If we stay together, keep supporting the team to the max then I'm sure the glory days are just around the corner.

rcarter1
14-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Only The Rangers and Falkirk have scored more goals than us though, and we have the best equal defensive record as The Rangers, so while it may seem as if we are low scorers, in the league we are in it has put us in second place.

Pretty poor to hear that Falkirk have scored more goals than us (albeit played one more game). My only point here is that with all that is going right with the club, and in spite of a squad considerably more talented than that of Falkirk, we haven't turned this into goals.