PDA

View Full Version : McGeouch

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-02-2016, 12:16 AM
What's the score with Dylans injury? Is it a recurrence of an existing injury or something new?

I think he is crucial to how we play and provides the likes of McGinn and Henderson the scope to give their best performances. We need to find a way to keep the laddie fit.

cabbageandribs1875
14-02-2016, 12:31 AM
thought he picked up a slight groin strain v the puddle drinkers ? hope his non-appearance today was because we were keeping him for tuesday

truehibernian
14-02-2016, 12:36 AM
thought he picked up a slight groin strain v the puddle drinkers ? hope his non-appearance today was because we were keeping him for tuesday

Better be - we are a far far better side with him there. Midfield more balanced too. We are missing Fyvie too. Injuries really have hampered us at key times in the league this season and last. Worries me that DM is injured so often too.

hfc rd
14-02-2016, 12:49 AM
Stubbs mentioned yesterday that Dylan will be back training tomorrow. Fraser Fyvie is out for a few weeks but hopes to be back for the league cup final.

Mibbes Aye
14-02-2016, 12:53 AM
What's the score with Dylans injury? Is it a recurrence of an existing injury or something new?

I think he is crucial to how we play and provides the likes of McGinn and Henderson the scope to give their best performances. We need to find a way to keep the laddie fit.

For me, Dylan is the most important member of the squad. He's also almost certainly the most fouled and tackled member of the squad.

Keeping him fit means ensuring he can move the ball in good time before he's open to the challenge or tackle.

That places an onus on his teammates to ensure they are finding space to receive the ball and showing for it.

I'm interested as to whether Bartley could do the running in support. He receives the ball well and looks like he can move with it - he seems to have an eye for space.

Bartley and McGeouch as an axis gives us several permutations in attack.

Boyle89
14-02-2016, 02:46 AM
Dylan pulled his groin before the hearts game but must've thought he could play through it. Sadly he couldn't so came off. It's a shame he can't stay fit because he's our best player when he is fit. Can cover the whole park and tackle but also drive us forward.
Most of his injuries are down to him being booted up and down the park every time he plays😡! So frustrating that there's about 4 fouls on him before any action is taken.

Ronniekirk
14-02-2016, 01:22 PM
There is no point risking him v hearts ,he is needed for bigger games to come .if he plays and not fully recovered he will end up going off .
Agree we don't seem to get him fit enough to play for months on end Having said that the shift he put in against Morton away was incredible but did he not take a sore one near the end and maybe like Fontaine should of been rested for hearts game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lee Marvin
14-02-2016, 01:24 PM
There is no point risking him v hearts ,he is needed for bigger games to come .if he plays and not fully recovered he will end up going off .
Agree we don't seem to get him fit enough to play for months on end Having said that the shift he put in against Morton away was incredible but did he not take a sore one near the end and maybe like Fontaine should of been rested for hearts game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he trains fine tomorrow, he plays