PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

The Harp Awakes
13-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Oxley - 5 - Not much to do other than a good block in the 2nd half. Poor kicking at times.
Gray - 4 - Not at his best. Poor control at key moments.
Hanlon - 6 - Pretty solid defensively. Tried to drive the team on late in the game.
McGregor - 6 - Solid defensively like Hanlon.
Stevenson - 6 - 100% effort as usual and solid defensively but no offensive threat.
Bartley - 7 - Best Hibs player tonight. Up against it in midfield but did well.
Henderson - 6 - Decent first half and tried hard but tired as game went on.
McGinn - 5 - Floated in and out of the game. Not at his best.
Stokes - 6 - Reduced goal threat from an unfamiliar position but worked his socks off.
Dagnall - 4 - Plenty effort but had a shocker. Doesn't appear to offer much goal threat but still early doors.
Cummings - 5 - Tried hard but nothing came off for him. Didn't look confident in conditions.

Thomson - 4 - Shored up midfield.
Boyle - 1 - No time on the pitch to do anything.
Keatings - 1 - See Boyle.

Ref - Some dodgy decisions particularly in first 20 minutes and very lenient throughout. Not the worst I've seen though.

Overall a disappointing performance and result but we've not had many of them this season. Time to focus on Tuesday now when I think we'll see a different team and performance. Onwards and upwards.

GGTTH

Smartie
13-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Oxley - 5 - Not much to do other than a good block in the 2nd half. Poor kicking at times.
Hanlon - 6 - Pretty solid defensively. Tried to drive the team on late in the game.
Stevenson - 6 - 100% effort as usual and solid defensively but no offensive threat.
Stokes - 6 - Reduced goal threat from an unfamiliar position but worked his socks off.
Dagnall - 4 - Plenty effort but had a shocker. Doesn't appear to offer much goal threat but still early doors.
Cummings - 5 - Tried hard but nothing came off for him. Didn't look confident in conditions.

Ref - Some dodgy decisions particularly in first 20 minutes and very lenient throughout. Not the worst I've seen though.

Overall a disappointing performance and result but we've not had many of them this season. Time to focus on Tuesday now when I think we'll see a different team and performance. Onwards and upwards.

GGTTH

Pretty much how I saw it only I would have given all of the front 3 5's. They were all poor but none poorer than the other.

ekhibee
13-02-2016, 09:58 PM

GGTTH
Agree with pretty well all of that, to me Bartley was our best player today, but Hanlon had a decent game as well, and Stokes put a good shift in considering the strange position he was playing in, but IMO the team was set up wrong, the forward line anyway. I'm still hoping Dagnall will turn out to be a good signing, but it's difficult to see how playing him, Stokes and Cummings at the same time really works. Just my opinion though.

hibsbollah
13-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Bartley 7, no one else above a 5. Thomson , far from 'shoring up' the midfield, gave the ball away a number of times and any shape we had, disappeared with that substitution. The last twenty minutes was desperate viewing.

matty_f
13-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Bartley 7, no one else above a 5. Thomson , far from 'shoring up' the midfield, gave the ball away a number of times and any shape we had, disappeared with that substitution. The last twenty minutes was desperate viewing.

You don't like Thomson, do you? :greengrin

wookie70
13-02-2016, 10:20 PM
I thought Thomson caused more problems for us than Livi. Not his type of game or pitch. Henderson was everywhere tonight and although he faded I thought he was our best player along with Bartley. Livi played the conditions far better than us and were well worth their point.

stevie-bee
13-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Playing a forward in the tip of the diamond doesn't work, tried it with keatings and now stokes,

Smartie
13-02-2016, 10:26 PM
I thought Thomson caused more problems for us than Livi. Not his type of game or pitch. Henderson was everywhere tonight and although he faded I thought he was our best player along with Bartley. Livi played the conditions far better than us and were well worth their point.

I agree Henderson was ok.

I think he sometimes suffers for us not having a target man. He beats his man out wide and rather than float a cross over he tries to beat his man again.

Tbh there have been times these past 2 weeks I'd have been tempted to stick Fontaine up front and lump balls at him. It wouldn't have been much worse than trying to play football on a pitch that was barely playable in places.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2016, 10:49 PM
I agree Henderson was ok.

I think he sometimes suffers for us not having a target man. He beats his man out wide and rather than float a cross over he tries to beat his man again.

Tbh there have been times these past 2 weeks I'd have been tempted to stick Fontaine up front and lump balls at him. It wouldn't have been much worse than trying to play football on a pitch that was barely playable in places.

I agree we have to have a plan b when a fails lumping it up is need on occasion

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2016, 11:04 PM
I thought Henderson was really poor tonight...possibly his most ineffectual match for us...and McGregor infuriated me with his passing...9 out of 10 passes over hit

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
14-02-2016, 01:14 AM
You don't like Thomson, do you? :greengrin

I've tried to be objective :greengrin
He can still thread a nice through ball along the ground behind a back four but that was never likely tonight on that pitch.

MWHIBBIES
14-02-2016, 01:25 AM
Bartley 7, no one else above a 5. Thomson , far from 'shoring up' the midfield, gave the ball away a number of times and any shape we had, disappeared with that substitution. The last twenty minutes was desperate viewing.That number was 1.

Crammond Hibee
14-02-2016, 08:09 AM

I agree with all of this !

GreenLake
14-02-2016, 08:23 AM
Pitch was brutal and needed more guile and skill than effort in order to win this game. I had not many complaints about any of our players. A few performed less than usual but the conditions were s***.

I wish I could move on to the next game but a bunch of corrupt f***s want to stop me from watching my own team play our local rivals and deduct £80,000 from us while contributing the square root of nada to our budget. Utter bull excrement. Legal action justified, required and expected. Get this in front of the European Commission for competition law.

Leeann where is your legal team?

hibsbollah
14-02-2016, 09:15 AM
That number was 1.

Not only is that a smartarsed response, it is also inaccurate.

lucky
14-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Horrible game played in horrible conditions but we lost no ground on our rivals. Still 1 defeat in 26 games, between now and the end off the season their will be lots of games like this.

stantonhibby
14-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Not only is that a smartarsed response, it is also inaccurate.

Is the answer 2?

hibsbollah
14-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Is the answer 2?

What do you think the answer is?

Shrekko
14-02-2016, 02:11 PM
What do you think the answer is?

Is the answer that you're looking to criticise a particular player whenever possible? Like saying his substitution hadn't worked within a few minutes of him coming on?

Reading hibs.net gives you that 'deja-vu' feeling whenever certain players are being discussed.

hibsbollah
14-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Is the answer that you're looking to criticise a particular player whenever possible? Like saying his substitution hadn't worked within a few minutes of him coming on?

Reading hibs.net gives you that 'deja-vu' feeling whenever certain players are being discussed.

If you'd bother reading my posts instead of indulging in your usual pretty trolling, you'd notice I praised KT but pointed out that the bumpy pitch wasnt conducive to his strengths, and the shape changed and we got visibly worse immediately after he came on. Is that a reasonable observation :rolleyes:

It's ****ing boring on here sometimes. A discussion about most subjects isn't possible without wee snide asides, cockmeasuring and pointscoring. And its the same folk every time. I'm sure it used to be a friendlier place than this :dunno:

CropleyWasGod
14-02-2016, 07:04 PM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Pitch was brutal and needed more guile and skill than effort in order to win this game. I had not many complaints about any of our players. A few performed less than usual but the conditions were s***.

I wish I could move on to the next game but a bunch of corrupt f***s want to stop me from watching my own team play our local rivals and deduct £80,000 from us while contributing the square root of nada to our budget. Utter bull excrement. Legal action justified, required and expected. Get this in front of the European Commission for competition law.

Leeann where is your legal team?

You know what Greenlake, you have a point there .......... I wonder exactly what gives UEFA the right to deny Hibs, or any other club for that matter, £60,000 worth of income. There is no chance of a club our size making it to this stage of the CL due to UEFA's loaded dice, so exactly what are we or any other country of our size gaining from being in this corrupt organisation?

We lose money to protect the income of Real Madrid and Barcelona ........... how the hell did we let it get to this FFS

rcarter1
14-02-2016, 07:52 PM
You know what Greenlake, you have a point there .......... I wonder exactly what gives UEFA the right to deny Hibs, or any other club for that matter, £60,000 worth of income. There is no chance of a club our size making it to this stage of the CL due to UEFA's loaded dice, so exactly what are we or any other country of our size gaining from being in this corrupt organisation?

We lose money to protect the income of Real Madrid and Barcelona ........... how the hell did we let it get to this FFS

Im with all of you guys. UEFA as an organisation in the free market is a stitch up. Its not credible for a bunch of teams to break away and 'compete' with their set up, so in short they have a monopoly over all european clubs. For them to deny clubs the right to screen is utterly over the mark. BT Sports paid money to get the rights to CL matches - because they know that globally these matches are what people want to see. What is their business in what other broadcasters are showing - as long as its not the matches they paid for. Somethings stinks about it all.