PDA

View Full Version : Referee today.

The_Horde
13-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Hopeless.

I'm not blaming him for the result by any means but he let them away with so many fouls without booking anyone.

Their number 8 had one totally cynical challenge in the first half that deserved a yellow on its own but then had at least 3 more fouls afterwards too.

Their keeper was allowed to time waste from minute one without even a warning and some of the throw in decisions were baffling.

Like I say. We were poor and deserved nothing but I've never seen such weak, lenient refereeing like that since high school football.

matty_f
13-02-2016, 08:22 PM
He was in keeping with the rest of them at this level.

McD
13-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Hopeless.

I'm not blaming him for the result by any means but he let them away with so many fouls without booking anyone.

Their number 8 had one totally cynical challenge in the first half that deserved a yellow on its own but then had at least 3 more fouls afterwards too.

Their keeper was allowed to time waste from minute one without even a warning and some of the throw in decisions were baffling.

Like I say. We were poor and deserved nothing but I've never seen such weak, lenient refereeing like that since high school football.

:agree:.... Although possibly harsh on high school referees. This guy was completely inept, along with his linesmen, especially the chubby one on our side of the pitch.

KWJ
13-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Didn't notice him all that much tbh, both teams seemed to get away with things I expected to be pulled up.

Tell you what though, Lewis did well to skip away from that challenge towards the end where he ended up shooting wide. Would have taken his legs off.

The_Horde
13-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Didn't notice him all that much tbh, both teams seemed to get away with things I expected to be pulled up.

Tell you what though, Lewis did well to skip away from that challenge towards the end where he ended up shooting wide. Would have taken his legs off.

He was bad for both sides. And Stevenson should've been booked at the end too. Consistency game on game is what we're looking for and he gave us no protection at all at times.

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Alan Muir has been a bomb scare of a ref for years. His foul against Bartley when he was brought down on the touch line early on set the tone. Fortunately he also strangely ignored some dodgy Hibs tackles late on which sums him up.

SaulGoodman
13-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Not biased, just gash, sums up most Scottish refs

Jonnyboy
13-02-2016, 09:58 PM
It's a tad ironic that the best referee display in recent games has come from Craig Thomson :greengrin

matty_f
13-02-2016, 10:03 PM
It's a tad ironic that the best referee display in recent games has come from Craig Thomson :greengrin

:agree: What are the odds, eh?!

brog
14-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Alan Muir has been a bomb scare of a ref for years. His foul against Bartley when he was brought down on the touch line early on set the tone. Fortunately he also strangely ignored some dodgy Hibs tackles late on which sums him up.

Yep, hes atrocious. In the Dunf RC cup game he somehow missed, from 4 yards away, a forearm smash by RC player seconds before they scored. He's incompetent at any level!

HappyHanlon
14-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Bring back the Maltese refs :agree:

greenlex
14-02-2016, 03:26 PM
:agree:.... Although possibly harsh on high school referees. This guy was completely inept, along with his linesmen, especially the chubby one on our side of the pitch.

Thought the linesman on our side was getting unjust pelters to be honest. Twice he didn't know who had last played the ball and correctly let the ref make the call. Wasn't his fault they were wrong but got it from the Hibs fans anyway.

Bayern Bru
14-02-2016, 05:48 PM

Shocking that referees are now fouling Hibernian players. :greengrin

You're right, though, MB.

hibbysam
14-02-2016, 10:17 PM
The worst one, which no one seemed to notice, apart from David Gray and Kevin Thomson, was when there keeper was bouncing the ball, it took a bad bounce and rolled away, he then went and picked it back up. Obviously goalkeepers can't do this and it should've been an indirect free kick, however he looked like he was saying it was fine as it was an unlucky bad bounce!

dangermouse
15-02-2016, 08:13 AM
The worst one, which no one seemed to notice, apart from David Gray and Kevin Thomson, was when there keeper was bouncing the ball, it took a bad bounce and rolled away, he then went and picked it back up. Obviously goalkeepers can't do this and it should've been an indirect free kick, however he looked like he was saying it was fine as it was an unlucky bad bounce!

I wondered about that at the time as well and put it down to a rule change I hadn't heard about. On a conspiracy theory note, the ref had obviously been told pre match to ensure we didn't take 3 points :greengrin (although we managed to do that ourselves :grr: )

Green Man
15-02-2016, 11:12 AM
There was one point where the Livi keeper seemed to be holding the ball for ages. Is there not a six second limit after which the keeper has to release the ball?