PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

matty_f
13-02-2016, 07:35 PM
A bit of context - we've had a massive couple of weeks, with some huge emotional highs, and four very tough games.

This team's taken us to a cup final, dug out a win in pish conditions at Morton, and kept us in the cup at the PBS.

I thought it looked like a tired performance tonight, but the team fought, and it's not easy breaking down teams that sit in.

That would have been horrendous to play in at the best if times, but throw in the preceding games and the pressure of knowing how important a win was, and you start to understand how we might have got a result like that.

Disappointed with the result, but i have no criticism if the side.

hibee_girl
13-02-2016, 07:36 PM
A bit of context - we've had a massive couple of weeks, with some huge emotional highs, and four very tough games.

This team's taken us to a cup final, dug out a win in pish conditions at Morton, and kept us in the cup at the PBS.

I thought it looked like a tired performance tonight, but the team fought, and it's not easy breaking down teams that sit in.

That would have been horrendous to play in at the best if times, but throw in the preceding games and the pressure of knowing how important a win was, and you start to understand how we might have got a result like that.

:top marks

Hillsidehibby
13-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Agree. I had a feeling that they might be a bit flat today after the last few games.

chasitup
13-02-2016, 07:38 PM
I couldn't agree more Matty. We're not going to win every game. Those conditions were poor too, same for boths sides. Onwards!

mutley
13-02-2016, 07:39 PM
The only positives I can take from tonight is a clean sheet and not a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
13-02-2016, 07:41 PM

Spot on Matty. Rangers and Falkirk have both dropped points at Livi, who defended well tonight and could have won the game.

Of course it's disappointing given the circumstances, but it could have been worse. We are still on a great run, and I will not slaughter the team for one bad result and performance.

PISTOL1875
13-02-2016, 07:41 PM
The perspective is simple -

People can blame conditions , the officials and whoever or whatever they want.. We created the best part of hee haw and were simply just not good enough...

matty_f
13-02-2016, 07:42 PM
The perspective is simple -

People can blame conditions , the officials and whoever or whatever they want.. We created the best part of hee haw and were simply just not good enough...

Nice one.

B.H.F.C
13-02-2016, 07:45 PM
They've had a lot of credit lately but that was poor tonight. A missed chance.

Stuarty27
13-02-2016, 07:46 PM

Did you go to the game?

The team didn't turn up for the fans that did make the journey.

That was our chance to put pressure on Rangers and we blew it.

SaulGoodman
13-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Did you go to the game?

The team didn't turn up for the fans that did make the journey.

That was our chance to put pressure on Rangers and we blew it.

Livi must be raging about not being able to score against no one.

SeanWilson
13-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Nice one.

He's right though. All very well making excuses/giving them benefit of the doubt/happy clapping.... We really were dreadful, never looked like doing anything and chucked another opportunity to claw back Rangers.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-02-2016, 07:50 PM

My post count would be double what it is if it wasn't for you, Matty. You save me posting half the time.

You could probably charge me for ghost writing my thoughts.

J-C
13-02-2016, 07:50 PM
The Rangers drawing at Alloa just shows how some of these so called easy games are far from it, disappointed yes.

Smartie
13-02-2016, 07:52 PM

:top marks

matty_f
13-02-2016, 07:53 PM
The Rangers drawing at Alloa just shows how some of these so called easy games are far from it, disappointed yes.

:agree:

PISTOL1875
13-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Nice one.

You can slate me all you want Matty but that's the facts mate.. Just not good enough.. You mention the conditions , which were the same for both teams...

Also , Stubbs again with his later than late changes.. Double change with 5 minutes was horrific management...

The_Horde
13-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Agreed Matty, and I'm happy we have one of the best sides in Scottish football right now. However, the league is most definitely over for us. Play offs it is lads.

Stuarty27
13-02-2016, 07:56 PM

The Alloa result was a freak result, they had 1 shot on target and Rangers had 29.

Today Livy were actually the better side and we were lucky to get a draw.

We are running out of games and chances to claw this lead back. Think we will look back at this result and it will be the difference between finishing 2nd.

matty_f
13-02-2016, 07:57 PM
He's right though. All very well making excuses/giving them benefit of the doubt/happy clapping.... We really were dreadful, never looked like doing anything and chucked another opportunity to claw back Rangers.

It's a matter of opinion if he's right or not, and I'm not happy clapping. It was a chance missed tonight but folk would do their blood pressure a favour if they remembered that it wasn't a team of robots that were sent out in Hibs shirts tonight.

The players didn't try to not win the game, and yet we've dafties saying the team didn't turn up for the fans, or that players might have been taking it easy.

I'm not saying anyone should be happy about the result or performance, but put it into perspective and at least don't have a ****ing hissy fit abouf it.

matty_f
13-02-2016, 07:57 PM
You can slate me all you want Matty but that's the facts mate.. Just not good enough.. You mention the conditions , which were the same for both teams...

Also , Stubbs again with his later than late changes.. Double change with 5 minutes was horrific management...

I didn't slate you.

matty_f
13-02-2016, 07:58 PM
The Alloa result was a freak result, they had 1 shot on target and Rangers had 29.

We are running out of games and chances to claw this lead back. Think we will look back at this result and it will be the difference between finishing 2nd.

Livi were never the better side.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-02-2016, 08:01 PM

Finally, someone with a sesnible post! Hooray!

PISTOL1875
13-02-2016, 08:03 PM

Saying they were the better side is a joke mate.. They had the better chances but no way were they the better side.. The fact that their central defender was awarded the MOTM says a lot about the game panned out...

hibees 7062
13-02-2016, 08:03 PM
The huns and Falkirk drew with them there . They set out to frustrate us and it worked

PISTOL1875
13-02-2016, 08:04 PM
I didn't slate you.

Ok you didn't agree with my post.. Either way and whatever spin you put on it , Hibs were just not good enough to beat Livi...

The_Horde
13-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Saying they were the better side is a joke mate.. They had the better chances but no way were they the better side.. The fact that their central defender was awarded the MOTM says a lot about the game panned out...

They had the closest effort but apart from that one I'm struggling to think of Oxley having to work?

matty_f
13-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Ok you didn't agree with my post.. Either way and whatever spin you put on it , Hibs were just not good enough to beat Livi...

Totally agree, we weren't good enough. I don't think anywhere in my post i said i thought we were, or that i was happy with the performance.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-02-2016, 08:07 PM
But perspective is an issue assessed from your own point of view so unless each post is prefixed with IMO then the thread is more about who does or does not agree. IMO, I was contented with where we were before the games kicked off so I am still the same. Anyone is free to agree or disagree.

PISTOL1875
13-02-2016, 08:07 PM
They had the closest effort but apart from that one I'm struggling to think of Oxley having to work?

Oxley didn't have to make a save when they hit the bar or Glen missed a sitter with the missed header from 5 yards... Far better opportunities that Hibs created that's for sure...

matty_f
13-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Oxley didn't have to make a save when they hit the bar or Glen missed a sitter with the missed header from 5 yards... Far better opportunities that Hibs created that's for sure...

We had two off the line...

SeanWilson
13-02-2016, 08:09 PM
It's a matter of opinion if he's right or not, and I'm not happy clapping. It was a chance missed tonight but folk would do their blood pressure a favour if they remembered that it wasn't a team of robots that were sent out in Hibs shirts tonight.

The players didn't try to not win the game, and yet we've dafties saying the team didn't turn up for the fans, or that players might have been taking it easy.

I'm not saying anyone should be happy about the result or performance, but put it into perspective and at least don't have a ****ing hissy fit abouf it.

Agreed, it's certainly subjective. I've read the mental posts suggesting the players were taking it easy or didn't turn up for the fans and I don't agree with that at all.

However, bottom line for me is its another weekend gone, another opportunity to claw back some points passed up and an all round shocker of a performance.

We can't win every game and we have to take the good with the bad but you have to admit, we have had a quite a few performances in recent weeks, where we would have been turned over by better opposition. We have to start creating more and we MUST start taking the chances that present themselves throughout the match.

When I seen the starting line up tonight I thought 'we'll put 3 or 4 past them tonight'.... After 60 minutes I wanted to jump in my car and drive home.

The_Horde
13-02-2016, 08:11 PM

That wasn't a sitter. The boy well overhit the cross.

matty_f
13-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Agreed, it's certainly subjective. I've read the mental posts suggesting the players were taking it easy or didn't turn up for the fans and I don't agree with that at all.

However, bottom line for me is its another weekend gone, another opportunity to claw back some points passed up and an all round shocker of a performance.

We can't win every game and we have to take the good with the bad but you have to admit, we have had a quite a few performances in recent weeks, where we would have been turned over by better opposition. We have to start creating more and we MUST start taking the chances that present themselves throughout the match.

When I seen the starting line up tonight I thought 'we'll put 3 or 4 past them tonight'.... After 60 minutes I wanted to jump in my car and drive home.

What perfornances in recent weeks? The win and a draw at the PBS, or the win at Morton? :dunno:

Andy74
13-02-2016, 08:12 PM

Don't really think much perspective is needed. It was a disappointing night and we have missed a big opportunity. We want to win a league. It's tough to do it.

Don't see much being said that is being more critical generally and we don't need to be quite so defensive about people being disappointed.

The_Horde
13-02-2016, 08:12 PM
As for the bar shot, great effort but a great chance? No. Nearly a great bit of skill yes. But no clear cut opportunity at all.

SeanWilson
13-02-2016, 08:13 PM
😂😂 jeezo now you've got me explaining myself... Can I change it to recent months!? 😜

Flynn
13-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Ah well. Playoffs is it then. Disappointing result, sure, but still very proud of this hibs team this season (regardless of result on Tuesday).

Onwards and upwards. GGTTH!

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2016, 08:15 PM

Maybe we should all support Man City, look at the way they are running away with the league down there, and the way they dismantled Leicester last week was frightening, oh wait...................

SeanWilson
13-02-2016, 08:16 PM
What perfornances in recent weeks? The win and a draw at the PBS, or the win at Morton? :dunno:

PS - STJ game could have been very different, we were lacking up front and didn't create much.... Good result in the end.

Yam game - I thought we were great, however didn't create much - scored a cracker and finally got the break of the ball against that mob.

Morton, again, much like my old report card - could do better.

Listen, it's good to be a hibee right now but tonight was a disappointment for me, perspective or not.

matty_f
13-02-2016, 08:18 PM
Don't really think much perspective is needed. It was a disappointing night and we have missed a big opportunity. We want to win a league. It's tough to do it.

Don't see much being said that is being more critical generally and we don't need to be quite so defensive about people being disappointed.

We have a few posts (not many) putting the boot in. I am disappointed about the result. I found it very frustrating, and i thought the performance was grim.

The thread was just to point out that, imho, there was probably a few factors that contributed to the performance.

I think as much as there is a concern that 'we' might be worrying about being frustrated or whatever, we also have folk worrying about people worrying about it, and they're probably reading something into the thread that isn't there. :greengrin

matty_f
13-02-2016, 08:19 PM
😂😂 jeezo now you've got me explaining myself... Can I change it to recent months!? 😜

:greengrin

PISTOL1875
13-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Maybe we should all support Man City, look at the way they are running away with the league down there, and the way they dismantled Leicester last week was frightening, oh wait...................

Why are you involving Man City Gary ?? If you asked me about them then I would say exactly the same thing.. I tell it like it is and if either Hibs or City don't perform then I will honest and upfront about it.. City were terrible last week , 2nd best all over the pitch and were quite rightly horsed..

Steve20
13-02-2016, 08:24 PM
We need to go up. Staying in this league would be unforgivable. Rangers gave us an opening today and we messed up.

Stubbs will not get us promoted. He's overhyped and its no knee jerk reaction. Said this for a year now.

Jim44
13-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Livi were never the better side.

Far from it but on chances/near misses, they should have won the match.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Why are you involving Man City Gary ?? If you asked me about them then I would say exactly the same thing.. I tell it like it is and if either Hibs or City don't perform then I will honest and upfront about it.. City were terrible last week , 2nd best all over the pitch and were quite rightly horsed..

Because we have been on a run of games that is up there with the best in out entire ****in history, we've reached a cup final, we've just come back from 2 down against them and had some bloody tough games recently.

Maybe just maybe these games have taken their toll a bit, its not like we can bring on a £50m player to try and turn things round. We have been nothing short of fantastic over this last year, and this team deserve a bit of leeway from one draw after a run of games we've had recently and over the course of the season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-02-2016, 08:29 PM

Quite right Andy.

Stax
13-02-2016, 08:29 PM
We need to go up. Staying in this league would be unforgivable. Rangers gave us an opening today and we messed up.

Stubbs will not get us promoted. He's overhyped and its no knee jerk reaction. Said this for a year now.
Wow, I'm cheesed off with the result and as you say opportunity missed but ffs.. A wee bit perspective reqd.

GlasgowHibee
13-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Good post OP, main cause for concern for me is whether Tuesday night's game will be one too many for us. Second have we were pretty leggy and lethargic, of course, whether you believe it was deliberate or not, the Yams having a day off today will help them massively, especially after a midweek game in Dingwall.

Feeling slightly less confident about Tuesday's game now.:lips seal

truehibernian
13-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Far from it but on chances/near misses, they should have won the match.

Like all games we had most of the ball. Livi however passed and pressed quicker, opened us up after 45 seconds, could have had another after 2 minutes, and they hit the bar and missed a glorious headed chance second half. First half we were always a yard off a cross or pass - I think Dagnall spurned a chance as did Stokes ?

Livi shaded it for me today - they defended solidly and we never troubled them second half other than Gray's header off the line. Lewis summed our day up by having a frustrated lash at a good opportunity last minute.

PISTOL1875
13-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Because we have been on a run of games that is up there with the best in out entire ****in history, we've reached a cup final, we've just come back from 2 down against them and had some bloody tough games recently.

Maybe just maybe these games have taken their toll a bit, its not like we can bring on a £50m player to try and turn things round. We have been nothing short of fantastic over this last year, and this team deserve a bit of leeway from one draw after a run of games we've had recently and over the course of the season.

No we can't bring on a £50m player but it doesn't stop Stubbs trying something different does it ?? You don't need world beaters to change the shape of a side , swap players around a bit do you ??

Being honest Gary , I wasn't slating the team. The only person I slated was Stubbs for not making changes quickly enough.. I said that Hibs weren't good enough to beat Livi.. Those are the facts...

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2016, 08:33 PM

Well said

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Quite right Andy.

In my defence I posted this before reading the post from steve20. :-)

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2016, 08:36 PM
No we can't bring on a £50m player but it doesn't stop Stubbs trying something different does it ?? You don't need world beaters to change the shape of a side , swap players around a bit do you ??

Being honest Gary , I wasn't slating the team. The only person I slated was Stubbs for not making changes quickly enough.. I said that Hibs weren't good enough to beat Livi.. Those are the facts...

The facts ARE we didnt beat them today, but the facts are also we are in a final, picking up more points than probably any time in our history and threads slating the team and management are about perspective.

They all deserve a bit of leeway because of what they have done before today.

Thecat23
13-02-2016, 08:38 PM

Yes the conditions were the same for both teams. That's why it was a poor game because it wasn't good for playing football. The subs I do think should have been made before they were but hey ho onto Tuesday.

SaulGoodman
13-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Would people be as disappointed if we scored a last minute equaliser to make it 1-1?

Scorrie
13-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Good post OP, main cause for concern for me is whether Tuesday night's game will be one too many for us. Second have we were pretty leggy and lethargic, of course, whether you believe it was deliberate or not, the Yams having a day off today will help them massively, especially after a midweek game in Dingwall.

Feeling slightly less confident about Tuesday's game now.:lips seal

Tuesday's game will take care of itself. Will be completely different to tonight (I hope!) Full house, decent pitch. The players will be well up for it.

B.H.F.C
13-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Would people be as disappointed if we scored a last minute equaliser to make it 1-1?

Yes.

SaulGoodman
13-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Yes.

Like the Falkirk game at ER?

B.H.F.C
13-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Like the Falkirk game at ER?

Totally different. Falkirk are half decent and we played 60 minutes with 10 men.

We went in to that game today knowing Rangers had dropped points and blew a chance to peg them back. We aren't going to get many more.

DaveF
13-02-2016, 08:49 PM
We had two off the line...

Gray's header but what was the other one? Maybe I fell asleep when it happened :greengrin

matty_f
13-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Gray's header but what was the other one? Maybe I fell asleep when it happened :greengrin

In the first half, the ball bounced off Cummings and off either their keeper or a defender. Maybe off the line was stretching it a bit... :greengrin

SaulGoodman
13-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Totally different. Falkirk are half decent and we played 60 minutes with 10 men.

We went in to that game today knowing Rangers had dropped points and blew a chance to peg them back. We aren't going to get many more.

Just curious, agree with the 10 men part but Falkirk drew against Livi too, I fact so did Rangers

PISTOL1875
13-02-2016, 08:54 PM
The facts ARE we didnt beat them today, but the facts are also we are in a final, picking up more points than probably any time in our history and threads slating the team and management are about perspective.

They all deserve a bit of leeway because of what they have done before today.

So do you agree that Stubbs making changes with 5 minutes to go is good management ?? Every Hibs fan could see that the players needed changed but he didn't do anything until it was too late. A issue that has been talked about more or less since Stubbs first took over I might add..

However , because we have had good results recently and a perhaps a record points tally we will give him the benefit of the doubt shall we ?? IF he had made changes earlier then we might've won the game or maybe even lost , we will never know.. Managers earn their corn by making changes to influence the result of a game.. AS left it too late again and we couldn't break them down...

You still haven't answered my question about why you would bring Man City into the topic or touched on my point about not needing £50m players to change the shape or how personnel is deployed..

hibs0666
13-02-2016, 08:57 PM
So do you agree that Stubbs making changes with 5 minutes to go is good management ?? Every Hibs fan could see that the players needed changed but he didn't do anything until it was too late. A issue that has been talked about more or less since Stubbs first took over I might add..

However , because we have had good results recently and a perhaps a record points tally we will give him the benefit of the doubt shall we ?? IF he had made changes earlier then we might've won the game or maybe even lost , we will never know.. Managers earn their corn by making changes to influence the result of a game.. AS left it too late again and we couldn't break them down...

Stop whining. What's your answer?

PISTOL1875
13-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Stop whining. What's your answer?

To what exactly ???

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2016, 08:58 PM
PS - STJ game could have been very different, we were lacking up front and didn't create much.... Good result in the end.

Yam game - I thought we were great, however didn't create much - scored a cracker and finally got the break of the ball against that mob.

Morton, again, much like my old report card - could do better.

Listen, it's good to be a hibee right now but tonight was a disappointment for me, perspective or not.

You mean grinding out results?
"Maybe you're just not ready for this yet - but your kids are gonna love it..."

hibs0666
13-02-2016, 08:59 PM
To what exactly ???

What should Hibs do about whatever it is you think they are doing wrong?

PISTOL1875
13-02-2016, 09:03 PM
What should Hibs do about whatever it is you think they are doing wrong?

Firstly the manager has too make changes a lot earlier than the 85th minute , or is that not obvious enough for you too see ??

Secondly they constantly play 1 or 2 passes too many whilst in possession..

Thirdly a shoot on sight policy should be introduced when in and around the box...

Would you agree with those points ??

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2016, 09:07 PM

You still haven't answered my question about why you would bring Man City into the topic or touched on my point about not needing £50m players to change the shape or how personnel is deployed..

Do not think that if Stubbs had thought that earlier substitutions would have swung the game he would have made them?
It may be that he realised that even though we were not playing well, we were in control of the game and unlikely to lose it and there was still a chance we would scramble another late win. Maybe a case of one point better than none on an off night.

Smartie
13-02-2016, 09:17 PM
It's easy to say after the event that Keatings and Boyle should have been put on earlier but neither of them have excelled when given the chance lately. You could forgive Stubbs for thinking that his best team was on the pitch and worth persevering with.

SmashinGlass
13-02-2016, 09:21 PM
My thoughts.... So. We dropped points today. Some may say whilst the pressure was on. But let's not forget what these lads have done for us over the past few weeks. Whilst a blip isn't ideal, in my view it's acceptable given the effort we've seen in recent weeks. I was annoyed at the game and immediately thereafter, but after an hour or so's reflection, I don't think all is lost. Up to us to support the team through on Tuesday and thereafter.

Thecat23
13-02-2016, 09:27 PM

I haven't wanted anyone on here proved wrong as much as you. Stubbs will get us up! The fact he's taken us to a semi final in his first year a final in the second and sitting second in the league with only 8 points off is a massive achievement!

If we win the league cup I'm sure you will disappear though.

Baldy Foghorn
13-02-2016, 09:29 PM

Jesus wept.......:rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
13-02-2016, 09:30 PM

We know. You never miss a chance to put the boot in

Thecat23
13-02-2016, 09:32 PM
We know. You never miss a chance to put the boot in

It's actually embarrassing, he very rarely gives praise if ever. But it's just ****ing constant digs.

kaimendhibs
13-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Was there tonight, not the greatest game in crap conditions. However, ee got a point away and there are people slating stubbs and the players. Get a grip ffs, we cant win every match. Onwards and upwards, are you wuth us or not?

rcarter1
13-02-2016, 09:37 PM
It's easy to say after the event that Keatings and Boyle should have been put on earlier but neither of them have excelled when given the chance lately. You could forgive Stubbs for thinking that his best team was on the pitch and worth persevering with.

This seems like a plausible reason for delaying - but then why bring them on at all? There were no injuries or bookings or cramp, so why change the personal unless you feel they have something to add. There is a weird tendency for managers to wait until the death before switching things. Maybe there is some 'in the know' statistic that managers are aware of that indicates its a good time to make some last ditch changes.

Whatever the reason, Im not a fan of late subs. Unless you are a goal up and wanting to kill time (or injury/booking/etc). I would rather a change with 20-30 minutes to go with some firm and clear instructions about how to change things.

Baldy Foghorn
13-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Was there tonight, not the greatest game in crap conditions. However, ee got a point away and there are people slating stubbs and the players. Get a grip ffs, we cant win every match. Onwards and upwards, are you wuth us or not?

:agree::agree:

With.......:flag:

Smartie
13-02-2016, 09:41 PM
This seems like a plausible reason for delaying - but then why bring them on at all? There were no injuries or bookings or cramp, so why change the personal unless you feel they have something to add. There is a weird tendency for managers to wait until the death before switching things. Maybe there is some 'in the know' statistic that managers are aware of that indicates its a good time to make some last ditch changes.

Whatever the reason, Im not a fan of late subs. Unless you are a goal up and wanting to kill time (or injury/booking/etc). I would rather a change with 20-30 minutes to go with some firm and clear instructions about how to change things.

I totally agree.

Unless he's saving the subs to use in case of injuries and when he gets to the last 5 minutes it's worth just chucking them on?

As I see it the only point in making changes at that point is to waste time and disrupt your opponent's momentum - the opposite of what we were trying to achieve at that point.

matty_f
13-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Got a text to say it was suggested on twitter that I was on the club's payroll for this thread. :faf:

Mind when Hibs had so much money they could pay some nobody to post stuff on the internet? No, me either.

It's called an opinion - I'm allowed one.

Jonnyboy
13-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Got a text to say it was suggested on twitter that I was on the club's payroll for this thread. :faf:

Mind when Hibs had so much money they could pay some nobody to post stuff on the internet? No, me either.

:faf: how dare you say anything positive after tonight's dismal display :wink:

Sir David Gray
13-02-2016, 09:48 PM
I have said all season that although Sevco won't drop a lot of points, they will drop them and when they do, we need to be able to take advantage, if we are going to go up as champions.

Tonight, we knew what we had to do and we couldn't do it. It'll possibly cost us the league title, time will tell on that one. However the players have done well for the majority of this season and if we win on Tuesday they'll be back to being heroes again so let's not get too carried away.

iwasthere1972
13-02-2016, 09:49 PM

Count me in. :aok:

DaveF
13-02-2016, 09:50 PM
In the first half, the ball bounced off Cummings and off either their keeper or a defender. Maybe off the line was stretching it a bit... :greengrin

Aye, just a bit.

Are you on the clubs payroll.................oh too late :greengrin

matty_f
13-02-2016, 09:50 PM
:faf: how dare you say anything positive after tonight's dismal display :wink:

It wasn't even that positive - just putting some context around a bad performance.

I wish i was getting paid for posts! I'd make it my day job :greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-02-2016, 09:51 PM
It wasn't even that positive - just putting some context around a bad performance.

I wish i was getting paid for posts! I'd make it my day job :greengrin

:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
13-02-2016, 09:52 PM
No team wins every game they play. Yes it's disappointing but The Rangers will be thinking they could have been well clear of us if they'd beaten Alloa. Hopefully got a flat performance out of our system and will be up for Tuesday.

Baldy Foghorn
13-02-2016, 09:53 PM

Who are you then? A Director? We need to know.....

matty_f
13-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Who are you then? A Director? We need to know.....

Hoping to be on the coaching staff (I'm too old to play, and too thick to be a Director)...

Baldy Foghorn
13-02-2016, 09:55 PM
Hoping to be on the coaching staff (I'm too old to play, and too thick to be a Director)...

Is that you Taff?:aok:

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2016, 09:57 PM

You are right. One defeat in 23 games is an absolute disgrace. A club of Hibs standing should be winning every game they play.

Loyal supporters like you deserve better.

Andy74
13-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Like all games we had most of the ball. Livi however passed and pressed quicker, opened us up after 45 seconds, could have had another after 2 minutes, and they hit the bar and missed a glorious headed chance second half. First half we were always a yard off a cross or pass - I think Dagnall spurned a chance as did Stokes ?

Livi shaded it for me today - they defended solidly and we never troubled them second half other than Gray's header off the line. Lewis summed our day up by having a frustrated lash at a good opportunity last minute.

BBC stats say we had 46% of the ball which I think was about right tonight.

We didn't play well and I don't think it's a problem to say so when that's the case.

matty_f
13-02-2016, 10:00 PM

We didn't play well and I don't think it's a problem to say so when that's the case.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that we played well, or that anyone shouldn't be allowed to say we didn't play well. Unless I missed those posts, of course.

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2016, 10:02 PM

46% ?? That cannot be right, there is no way Livi had more possession than us.

B.H.F.C
13-02-2016, 10:02 PM

Tell you what, there is a bit of truth in what you say. We do need to get promoted and if we don't it's not good enough.

But you seem to thrive on coming on here and telling everybody how much of a mess Stubbs is making of it any time we drop points. In fact it seems like that is the only time you post and it's pretty pathetic.

Smartie
13-02-2016, 10:04 PM

I'd imagine that a good 30% of the time the ball was under nobody's control.

So 46% us, 24% them and 30% both teams sclaffing about trying to get the ball under control sounds about right to me.

Andy74
13-02-2016, 10:06 PM

I think they did. They passed the ball about pretty well especially first half when we were largely over hitting passes or generally giving it away.

mim
13-02-2016, 10:19 PM
You are right. One defeat in 23 games is an absolute disgrace. A club of Hibs standing should be winning every game they play.

1 defeat in 26, I reckon

flash
13-02-2016, 10:37 PM

I have had your number for a lot longer than a year.

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2016, 10:52 PM

😂😂😂😂wins mos ridiculous post on here ...you really love sticking the boot in when we don't win don't u

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

marinello59
13-02-2016, 10:57 PM

You are my favourite ray of sunshine . :thumbsup:

Oscar T Grouch
13-02-2016, 11:01 PM
Anyone else think Stubbsy ****ged Steve20 bird? 😂😂😂

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Disappointing result tonight, but 1 defeat in 26, League Cup Final and home replay in Scottish Cup to get into Quarter Final, hardly end of the world stuff.

1987kev
13-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Disappointing result tonight, but 1 defeat in 26, League Cup Final and home replay in Scottish Cup to get into Quarter Final, hardly end of the world stuff.

Winning promotion is the target now and was at the start of the season, the cups are the bonus not going up would b end of the world stuff.

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-02-2016, 11:43 PM
Winning promotion is the target now and was at the start of the season, the cups are the bonus not going up would b end of the world stuff.

Winning promotion has always been the aim this season, of course. Hibs will probably finish 2nd (Huns still and always likely to win league) and we should go into play offs as favourites against (possibly) Falkirk then 2nd bottom SPL side if we get past them. Cups are a bonus but should help with confidence the better we do in them.

Thecat23
13-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Anyone else think Stubbsy ****ged Steve20 bird? 😂😂😂

😂😂

Thecat23
13-02-2016, 11:56 PM
I just find it weird he comes on sticks the boot in then disappears. Anyone else find that strange?

Steve20 I would like to ask what you think Stubbs and his coaching team are doing so wrong to have only lost one in 23 games or something.

I doubt I'll get an answer as you may well be back home on Kickback! If you are a Hibs fan you hide it well.

emerald green
14-02-2016, 12:05 AM

Nobody of course seriously expects Hibs to be winning every game they play (lol). No team, no matter how good, can do that.

The point here though is that Hibs really had to win this game. It's games like today's that Hibs must win to reel in The Rangers if they are going to gain promotion automatically by winning the Championship. Many fans are simply frustrated and disappointed that Hibs didn't do so, and see it as a great opportunity wasted.

I would guess many people expected Hibs to win today. Personally, I felt it was no foregone conclusion. I'm not being wise after the event. It's just I've seen it before.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2016, 01:22 AM
Anyone else think Stubbsy ****ged Steve20 bird? 

I'm sorry but that was me, i will be sober in the morning.

TAHibby
14-02-2016, 01:24 AM
Not a good result and it's disappointing that the performance just wasn't there at all but there's still 12/13 games to go. We play them in March, very good chance still provided we win the game in hand. Of course we're still looking for slip ups to capitalise on but it's not that far fetched that they happen. Hopefully the front two of Stokes and Cummings really starts to become a deadly pairing that turns the more lacklustre performances into solid wins. I've just got this feeling though that a vastly superior goal difference might be, the difference at the end. Hope I'm wrong about that though

MWHIBBIES
14-02-2016, 01:57 AM
We're deluded if we didn't think there would be potholes in our road back to being a top club in Scottish football, most important thing is how we react.

Pete
14-02-2016, 05:51 AM

"Unforgivable"?

It's went up a notch from being a "disaster"

As for Stubbs, even if you take all his flaws into account you should look at the bigger picture. Look at the squad he has managed to create along with the back room staff. Even if he does go I'm sure we'll have just as much success.

I'm not even sure why I'm trying to convince you as I'm sure you're just trolling now. Maybe your humour is going way above everyone's head.

500miles
14-02-2016, 09:58 AM
No doubt the pitch was a great leveller. We are dependant on precision and fine judgement, whereas Livi, like all teams with less talented players available, are a lot of hard work, energy, and fearlessness. They were happy with a draw, and with that in mind, we came away with no ground lost to rangers, no injuries, and due to the surface, none could really get into top gear without going skiting, so hopefully no real fatigue! Rangers have had their purple patch, they're relying on fortuitous decisions and last minute goals quite regularly again. They'll drop points, especially if we win our game in hand and beat them in April.

green day
14-02-2016, 10:12 AM
This time last year -

Current table -

So, for the purposes of comparison with last season, The Huns are doing pretty much what Hearts did last year with a better GD.

We are significantly better off pointswise than last year (potentially 12 points with the game in hand) but need to score more goals.

Yesterday was a PITA, and nobody was more frustrated than me, but the pitch was a mare, passing was tricky, and Livi are no mugs (I dont care what anyone says about league position, they are a half decent team and were also decent under Burchill).

I think it shows how far we have come in a year that we are so bitterly disappointed with the result - I dont expect the players are any less ****** off, and - while we can still win the league - if we do come to a playoff, my confidence remains high with this set of players v last year.

Carheenlea
14-02-2016, 10:13 AM
There will be more points spilled by Rangers, Falkirk and ourselves before the season ends. A playable pitch last night and our playing style would have found a way past that Livingston side.
I still believe we will win this league.

Borderhibbie76
14-02-2016, 10:28 AM
I was as unhappy as anyone with last nights performance, frankly it was the worst we have played probably since Dumbarton. However we are on a great run and realistically were never gonna win every league game from now till May. Both us the huns and falkirk will all drop further points too especially given teams at bottom are now fighting for their lives. We never lost despite being woeful so lets take that as a positive and move on. My 2 criticisms of Stubbsy yesterday were late subs and please stop playing a striker at tip of diamond...its doesnt work. But overall Stubbs has done a great job and lets hope he like the team learns from last night

Ged
14-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Anyone else think Stubbsy ****ged Steve20 bird? 

No danger he's got a bird.

Big L
14-02-2016, 10:49 AM
I think if anything it shows how much we need McGeough, it was the same at tynie, when he went off we stopped playing and it took till after the break to get our act together. I also think to many big games inthe last few weeks plus the conditions last night were not suitable for playing the ball on the deck. Their are a few games coming up that sevco could drop points, lets just hope we can take advantage the next time.

hibs0666
14-02-2016, 11:21 AM

At least you are consistent with the nonsense you spout.

Main problem you've got though is that you get very quiet when Stubbs and Hibs do inconvienent things like beat Aberdeen, Dundee United, St. Johnstone and come back from two goals at Tynecastle.

Keith_M
14-02-2016, 11:24 AM

:agree:

:aok:

Alfred E Newman
14-02-2016, 01:10 PM
1 defeat in 26, I reckon

And you think that makes it better? Shocking stuff!!

Captain Trips
14-02-2016, 04:46 PM
In order for us to win league Rangers need to make some mistakes and they did, I am disappointed as our game was later and we knew they had not won, regardless of last few weeks we need to win when they dont.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2016, 06:21 PM

Get tore in. :faf:

PISTOL1875
14-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Get tore in. :faf:

No need to get '' tore in '' as you put it Gary.. Beaten by the side who were better for large periods of the game..

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2016, 06:40 PM
No need to get '' tore in '' as you put it Gary.. Beaten by the side who were better for large periods of the game..

Surely you need to blame someone, Pelligrini, Hart, Company, tactics, something surely?

Alfred E Newman
14-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Looks like Man City " bottled it " today.

PISTOL1875
14-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Surely you need to blame someone, Pelligrini, Hart, Company, tactics, something surely?

You could blame Yaya for giving the ball away for the second goal... The awarding of the penalty was also very soft..

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2016, 06:45 PM
You could blame Yaya for giving the ball away for the second goal... The awarding of the penalty was also very soft..

I thought they were just pish, and maybe even bottled it. And the money they have wasted on these players is on a par with Aston Villa under O'neil.

PISTOL1875
14-02-2016, 06:48 PM
I thought they were just pish, and maybe even bottled it. And the money they have wasted on these players is on a par with Aston Villa under O'neil.

You think so ??.. I strongly disagree... Some of these players won the league the season before the last.. These players are in the last 16 of the CL and finished top in a strong group...

J-C
14-02-2016, 06:49 PM
Man City should stroll that league with the players they have there, don't know if it's Pelligrini or the players but they did this last year too.

PISTOL1875
14-02-2016, 06:50 PM

you honestly can't compare the Villa situation to City's.. The comparison is night and day. To even think about such a thing , let alone say is comical..

Sir David Gray
14-02-2016, 06:55 PM
It was a big mistake to announce Guardiola was coming in next season.

Pellegrini is now a lame duck and whether it's a conscious thing or not, the players are less likely to respond to him now.

I think they'll struggle for the rest of this season.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2016, 06:55 PM
you honestly can't compare the Villa situation to City's.. The comparison is night and day. To even think about such a thing , let alone say is comical..

City have spend much more than Aston villa ever spent, tens of millions more, and they wont be anywhere near winning the league this season. They might finish 4th, which is going by your logic poor comparing the spending Villa did to finish 6th.

Whats comical is anyone spending £50m on Raheem Sterling. :faf:

PISTOL1875
14-02-2016, 07:02 PM
City have spend much more than Aston villa ever spent, tens of millions more, and they wont be anywhere near winning the league this season. They might finish 4th, which is going by your logic poor comparing the spending Villa did to finish 6th.

How can you say that ?? They are only 6 points behind.. That is a ridiculous thing to say

PISTOL1875
14-02-2016, 07:03 PM

Pellegrini is now a lame duck and whether it's a conscious thing or not, the players are less likely to respond to him now.

That is what I alluded to when the news was announced...

PISTOL1875
14-02-2016, 07:07 PM

Yeh and in that period City have won 2 leagues , a league cup and a FA cup.. Also qualified for the 16 of the Champions League twice.. Pretty good going I would say....

Thecat23
14-02-2016, 07:07 PM

Exactly, sadly though the press got wind of it and everyone knew it was happening. Then it goes public and from what I'm hearing only 2 or 3 players who are at Man City will survive the summer.

The players will now be thinking what's the point I'm getting binned anyway! Overall Man City won't win the PL now.

MWHIBBIES
14-02-2016, 07:09 PM
This time last year -

Current table -

So, for the purposes of comparison with last season, The Huns are doing pretty much what Hearts did last year with a better GD.

We are significantly better off pointswise than last year (potentially 12 points with the game in hand) but need to score more goals.

Yesterday was a PITA, and nobody was more frustrated than me, but the pitch was a mare, passing was tricky, and Livi are no mugs (I dont care what anyone says about league position, they are a half decent team and were also decent under Burchill).

I think it shows how far we have come in a year that we are so bitterly disappointed with the result - I dont expect the players are any less ****** off, and - while we can still win the league - if we do come to a playoff, my confidence remains high with this set of players v last year.Why aren't we doing what Hearts done though?

Isn't much difference between 40 points and 50 points if you are still in the same position.

PISTOL1875
14-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Exactly, sadly though the press got wind of it and everyone knew it was happening. Then it goes public and from what I'm hearing only 2 or 3 players who are at Man City will survive the summer.

The players will now be thinking what's the point I'm getting binned anyway! Overall Man City won't win the PL now.

from what you are hearing , who are 2 or 3 ??

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Yeh and in that period City have won 2 leagues , a league cup and a FA cup.. Also qualified for the 16 of the Champions League twice.. Pretty good going I would say....

Yet Villa who spent nowhere near that amount under O'Neil are dross because they finished 6th? Maybe they should have just spent more like city eh?

PISTOL1875
14-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Yet Villa who spent nowhere near that amount under O'Neil are dross because they finished 6th? Maybe they should have just spent more like city eh?

They were in no position to spend that amount so as I asked you before , how can you compare both clubs when the resources are nowhere near the same ??

sogi7777
14-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Some people on here think that if you play golf you should get a hole in one every time you play a round

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2016, 08:16 PM
They were in no position to spend that amount so as I asked you before , how can you compare both clubs when the resources are nowhere near the same ??

You were the one who said villa were dross, then state the reason they were dross was because they did not have the money to spend the same amount as city, wtf do you expect them to be like without the same spending power

PISTOL1875
14-02-2016, 08:39 PM
You were the one who said villa were dross, then state the reason they were dross was because they did not have the money to spend the same amount as city, wtf do you expect them to be like without the same spending power

I actually said that MO'N spent all the clubs money on dross... Just because a club doesn't have the same spending power as a so calle dbigger club doesn't mean that can't compete...

If clubs have good scouting systems and players are scouted properly then you can quite easily find more than decent players for decent transfer fees.. west Ham and Leciester have proved that this season..

IWasThere2016
14-02-2016, 08:55 PM
from what you are hearing , who are 2 or 3 ??

As a MCFC fan also, would you keep many more? It's got to be ta-ta to:

All defenders bar Kompany and Otimendi, and possibly Zabaleta.

Keepers in midfield are Silva and ??

Ageuro, Iheanacho and Hart.

Whilst not 2 or 3 a clearoot beckons..

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2016, 09:01 PM
You mean the same West Ham who are hovering around the same position villa finished 3 years running? And please don't put Leicester up as something to prove a point with, name me another team who have done similar?

3pm
14-02-2016, 09:02 PM

Changed days from when you followed them at Gillingham, Swindon and Brentford though...

3pm
14-02-2016, 09:03 PM
You mean the same West Ham who are hovering around the same position villa finished 3 years running? And please don't put Leicester up as something to prove a point with, name me another team who have done similar?

Liverpool had a good season once. :o)

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2016, 09:05 PM
😭

Thecat23
14-02-2016, 09:05 PM

Zabaleta is going I've heard.

MWHIBBIES
14-02-2016, 09:08 PM

Whilst not 2 or 3 a clearoot beckons..De Bruyne has been their best player this season.

Alfred E Newman
14-02-2016, 09:09 PM
Why aren't we doing what Hearts done though?

Isn't much difference between 40 points and 50 points if you are still in the same position.

Hearts went out the cups in the first round and concentrated solely on the league.

IWasThere2016
14-02-2016, 09:16 PM
De Bruyne has been their best player this season.

Oops .. Posting with a drink. My bad.

JimBHibees
15-02-2016, 08:12 AM

Agree entirely the game before maybe some folk were thinking Cummings should have been taken off then he pops up with a great header in the 80 th min.

J-C
15-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Why aren't we doing what Hearts done though?

We don't score enough goals in general and we still play at too slow a tempo, it's all still nicey nicey passing football with not enough energy and get in about them attitude. The Rangers have won many penalties this season because when in and around the box they drive forward with pace, we still try and pass our way into the net. There were a few games earlier this season when we started mixing up our play and we started beating teams well, we seem to have reverted to the way we played most of last season, good on the eye but not clinical enough.

Super_JMcGinn
15-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Hearts went out the cups in the first round and concentrated solely on the league.
That's it in a nutshell, our success in the cups has definitely had a detrimental effect on our league performances, with having to rotate so much we have not had any continuity in the team whatsoever. That said I think Stubbs has tinkered with the formation too much, and I'm not so sue he has had to tinker with the defence as much as he has.

Danderhall Hibs
15-02-2016, 09:18 AM
We don't score enough goals in general and we still play at too slow a tempo, it's all still nicey nicey passing football with not enough energy and get in about them attitude. The Rangers have won many penalties this season because when in and around the box they drive forward with pace, we still try and pass our way into the net. There were a few games earlier this season when we started mixing up our play and we started beating teams well, we seem to have reverted to the way we played most of last season, good on the eye but not clinical enough.

:agree: I made a few "complaints" about it earlier in the season when pointing out that we've given Rangers the equivalent of an extra point due to the goal difference.

Thing was I was complaining after a 2-1 or 1-0 and was told it didn't matter cos "as long as we win 1-0 every week we'll win the league".

Obviously that's no longer true and add onto that the danger of a narrow game is you don't always pull it out the bag and drop points in games you should really be winning.

J-C
15-02-2016, 10:45 AM
:agree: I made a few "complaints" about it earlier in the season when pointing out that we've given Rangers the equivalent of an extra point due to the goal difference.

Thing was I was complaining after a 2-1 or 1-0 and was told it didn't matter cos "as long as we win 1-0 every week we'll win the league".

Obviously that's no longer true and add onto that the danger of a narrow game is you don't always pull it out the bag and drop points in games you should really be winning.

Last season we played 36 scoring 70 goals, almost 2 per game, so far this season we've played 23 games and scores a miserable 38 goals, just over 1.6, whereas Rangers have scored 66 so far.

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2016, 10:46 AM
To be honest I don't think we will get another chance to make up the points difference before we next play the Huns. If that's the case and we fail to beat them at ER our focus has to be on Falkirk, Raith Rovers and the teams at the bottom of the Premier league.

By the time the playoffs roll around we should know everything there is to know about these clubs. What the players have for breakfast, who has niggling injuries, which players are having affairs, which players are in the closet, where they live so we can set off all the car alarms in the street at 3am ... all the stuff a professional club like us needs to concentrate on.

Then there's the actual games themselves ..... Hibs have to begin work on ensuring that for ( hopefully ) two home games in the playoffs Easter Road is packed to the rafters. Its all very well folk turning out for the League cup final or cup ties with the Yams, but these same folk need to be aware that their presence is 10 times more vital inside ER for the playoffs. If I was in charge I would be printing 20 odd thousand leaflets to put on each seat at Hampden next month pointing out just that very fact.

Its not giving up on the league ....... its being prepared !!!

Captain Trips
15-02-2016, 12:16 PM
For every season I have watched Hibs I have had 3 hopes to finish 3rd and try and win one of the cups, the cups have always been our main chance of glory. The difference now is we are one league below where we usually are hell yeah we need to get out of it but winning a trophy comes once every what now 10 years?

If we win the cup but do not go up Stubbs for me has been a success, if we win cup and go up then that is ideal scenario. Lose cup and go up I think back to 2007 and to 1991 those days are unforgetable and if Stubbs can give me one of those again he is a winner in my book.