PDA

View Full Version : Players taking it easy?

mutley
13-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Heading back from the game and I got the distinct impression that the players were making sure they never got injured. Either that or though that livi would be a walk over !

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
13-02-2016, 06:35 PM
I think so. :agree:

Sammy7nil
13-02-2016, 06:38 PM
No chance they took it easy

matty_f
13-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Didn't look at all like anyone was taking it easy.

seanshow
13-02-2016, 06:45 PM
The away games at livy have always been farily tight victories, so they should have know. They just were not clever enough to create good chances....disappointed and a chance missed to gain ground, but one defeat since mid august we can hardly complain, and the boys should have been applauded at FT. not a mixture of boos and jeers.

Pete
13-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Didn't look at all like anyone was taking it easy.

Maybe not physically but perhaps mentally? Subconsciously got Tuesday on their minds perhaps.

Sharp and incisive is something we definitely weren't.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-02-2016, 06:50 PM
From what I saw, we were flying into tackles. I don't think we held back at all.

I saw one player pull out of a challenge which raged me but I couldn't work out who it was.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2016, 07:01 PM
From what I saw, we were flying into tackles. I don't think we held back at all.

I saw one player pull out of a challenge which raged me but I couldn't work out who it was.

It was probably the ref ;)

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Not always easy to tell from the telly but th thought crossed my mind that in the first 15-20 mins we had yet to adjust to the conditions and maybe didn't fancy it

The_Horde
13-02-2016, 07:03 PM

Stokes. Twice

hibsbollah
13-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Stokes. Twice

Stokes worked his erchie off from what I saw.

matty_f
13-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Maybe not physically but perhaps mentally? Subconsciously got Tuesday on their minds perhaps.

Sharp and incisive is something we definitely weren't.

I thought that was far more to do with pish conditions than any mental issues. Unless Livi were also taking it easy, because they were neither sharp nor incisive either.

The Harp Awakes
13-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Stokes worked his erchie off from what I saw.

Yep, Stokes worked hard and did more than most, albeit playing in an unfamiliar position.

Pete
13-02-2016, 07:20 PM
I thought that was far more to do with pish conditions than any mental issues. Unless Livi were also taking it easy, because they were neither sharp nor incisive either.

Perhaps but who knows. Onto the next game as there's no point in looking back.

Greenblood70
13-02-2016, 07:24 PM
Wasn't a lack of effort tonight, more a lack of guile imo.

Formation up front just didn't work, not been too impressed by Dagnall so far, he works hard enough but doesn't really do much in terms of scoring or creating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

truehibernian
13-02-2016, 07:25 PM

KT, last 5 minutes inside our half - it allowed Livi a good chance out on our right too. I can forgive players doing that today on occasions where a reckless one on a skiddy surface could break bones.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Not always easy to tell from the telly but th thought crossed my mind that in the first 15-20 mins we had yet to adjust to the conditions and maybe didn't fancy it

hibs0666
13-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Sometimes you need to credit the opposition. I thought they were excellent.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Sometimes you need to credit the opposition. I thought they were excellent.

Excellent? Really? You need to watch more football they were very average as were Hibs

hibs0666
13-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Excellent? Really? You need to watch more football they were very average as were Hibs

Nope they were excellent.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Nope they were excellent.

Trust me they were not excellent they drew 0-0 at times they weresecond best and really did not do enough to win that is not excellent. Watch more football :greengrin

hibs0666
13-02-2016, 07:52 PM
I watched a very disciplined performance. I watched their centre halves dominate our forwards. I watched them counter with purpose often outnumbering our defenders. I watched them smack the bar.

You'll need to watch a full game not one team mate.

Hiber-nation
13-02-2016, 08:06 PM
I watched a very disciplined performance. I watched their centre halves dominate our forwards. I watched them counter with purpose often outnumbering our defenders. I watched them smack the bar.

I wonder why they are in relegation trouble.

Baldy Foghorn
13-02-2016, 08:09 PM
Heading back from the game and I got the distinct impression that the players were making sure they never got injured. Either that or though that livi would be a walk over !

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking it easy? Not from what I saw.....Difficult conditions for both teams, give a little bit credit to Livingston who are fighting for every point....It was probably a game that could have caused injuries out of nothing, but thankfully no injuries occurred.....

Certainly not a case of taking it easy IMO

Sammy7nil
13-02-2016, 08:09 PM

I watched both teams they were NOT excellent When Hibs beat Hearts 6 - 2 they were excellent :aok:

hibs0666
13-02-2016, 08:10 PM

So do I mate.

hibs0666
13-02-2016, 08:11 PM
I watched both teams they were NOT excellent When Hibs beat Hearts 6 - 2 they were excellent :aok:

That's when we were paying fantasy wages. I have no idea what that has got to do with where we are today.

1987kev
13-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Simply not good enough. Apart from the cup games how many times have we played well in. The lack of pace in the team is a worry we can't stretch a team.

LordBamba
13-02-2016, 08:13 PM
After the past few weeks effort can't be questioned

Lancs Harp
13-02-2016, 08:14 PM
We've had a good run but we were very disappointing today lets not pretend otherwise. That's football but after Rangers screwed up at Alloa we needed that win today. Sadly we couldnt get over the line.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2016, 08:14 PM
That's when we were paying fantasy wages. I have no idea what that has got to do with where we are today.

We are discussing excellence that is why it is relevant, buy a paper tomorrow see it you can find the word excellent in ANY match report :wink:

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2016, 08:22 PM

So do I. They are not the worst team to have played at ER this season and we struggled against them in the first game away. They have also taken points off Rangers and too few teams have done that.

Baldy Foghorn
13-02-2016, 08:22 PM
We've had a good run but we were very disappointing today lets not pretend otherwise. That's football but after Rangers screwed up at Alloa we needed that win today. Sadly we couldnt get over the line.

Probably because we never clawed two points back on the sevconians, there is frustration. Taking it easy though, no chance.........

Forza Fred
13-02-2016, 08:30 PM

Conditions DO affect results.

In Oz extreme heat usually results in an increase in the number of low scoring or drawn games.....something I have noticed over the years.

In the Northen hemisphere it seems to be rain and snow.....been a spate of funny results these past couple of weeks...this week in particular.

Think Hibs prefer a dry pitch so they can move the ball quickly......unfortunately it appears today's conditions were a leveller..and we couldn't adjust sufficiently.

Better get the electric blanket on high,for Tuesday!

majorhibs
14-02-2016, 01:51 AM
[QUOTE=Forza Fred;4585169]Conditions DO affect results.

In Oz extreme heat usually results in an increase in the number of low scoring or drawn games.....something I have noticed over the years.

In the Northen hemisphere it seems to be rain and snow.....been a spate of funny results these past couple of weeks...this week in particular.

Think Hibs prefer a dry pitch so they can move the ball quickly......unfortunately it appears today's conditions were a leveller..and we couldn't adjust sufficiently.

Better get the electric blanket on high,for Tuesday![/QU
Get everything, but in whatever hemisphere, Oz Brazil wherever, two teams go out against each other in whatever the elements decide is in front of them, same for both, best man wins, winner takes all. Aye sometimes suits one or other better, but both see it coming. But get your point about extremes, the real hot days in Brazil for the types of player weve got at Hibs the now, well I think the high intensity thing would not be so effective, down to the player mind but long as they stuff the poppy thieves 24/7 then its all good by me.
G