PDA

View Full Version : 'Typical Hibs'

HibsNutter
13-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Comments about 'hibsing it' and 'typical hibs' all over different social media.. really?

As if every time we draw or lose, it's because it can OBVIOUSLY only happen to Hibs? Seriously, this whole typical hibs mindset needs to go. We weren't at our best today, in fact we were very poor, and didn't deserve to win. But it certainly wasn't a case of a 'bottlejob', did anyone watch the derby the other day? Or any of the other games this season in which we've scored late winners or ground out narrow one goal margin victories. Today, I suspect was a result of complacency with guys having one eye on the derby.

Anyway, let's not overreact to the disappointment of this result. I trust that this side will not 'hibs it' or any of that p**h come the end of the season, or in the cup final, and we'll have success to celebrate.

On to Tuesday, let's get right behind the boys. :flag::flag:

Pretty Boy
13-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Nowt to do with bottling it or 'Hibsing it' (do people actually say that?) and all to do with a pish performance in crap conditions.

Disappointing but we move on.

cleanyman
13-02-2016, 06:34 PM
The bottling comments get on my tits.

It may be the case but not in every bloody game we fail to wn.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Hibs have been great better than expected BUT we had 3 very important games Todays, we failed to win, Tuesdays and the cup final I think after those games we can make a decision on the teams bottle :greengrin

Pete
13-02-2016, 06:38 PM

:agree:

It's old, tired and totally inappropriate. People who don't watch us tend to enjoy attaching labels like that.

Let them think we'll be pish on Tuesday as well.

iwasthere1972
13-02-2016, 06:46 PM
We had a bad day at the office to repeat what Stubbs said. You could see within about ten minutes that it was going to be a frustrating day and trying to pick ourselves up from the highs in the last couple of weeks was going to be tough. Difficult not to be thinking ahead to Tuesday either and avoiding any injury.

Another game less but no better and no better off than we were at 3pm today. Probability is that we will be trying to get promotion through the play offs but it's not over until the fat lady sings. Win our game in hand and our home game against the Rangers would certainly help the cause.

Doing my best to keep my chin up rather than getting too disappointed over an away draw in difficult conditions. Could have been worse as well if Gary Glenn had scored against us.

We move on to Tuesday against the Jambos in front of a full house under the floodlights. If the players weren't up for it today then I'm sure they will come 7.45 pm on Tuesday.

Keep the faith. Easy to criticise the players on their performance today but they're the same guys who made us proud against St Johnstone and the Hearts.

seanshow
13-02-2016, 06:50 PM
Comments about 'hibsing it' and 'typical hibs' all over different social media......................... .........Thats as far as I got, ignore these Keyboard clowns... Next

cabbageandribs1875
13-02-2016, 06:54 PM
the OP is a nutter

iwasthere1972
13-02-2016, 06:56 PM
the OP is a nutter

A Hibby too.

Lang Toun hibby
13-02-2016, 07:15 PM
e are bottlers and have been over a long period I have been watching them. Tonight was a great chance wasted to put pressure on. We played poorly n the first half but had chances but he second half never seemed to up the tempo required. Boyle should have been on with 30 mins left as Gray had acres of space but couldn't get past or wasted the ball in. Double subs too late!

Pete
13-02-2016, 07:18 PM
e are bottlers and have been over a long period I have been watching them. Tonight was a great chance wasted to put pressure on. We played poorly n the first half but had chances but he second half never seemed to up the tempo required. Boyle should have been on with 30 mins left as Gray had acres of space but couldn't get past or wasted the ball in. Double subs too late!

Maybe you should watch the team we have now a bit more often then.

Calling is bottlers is lazy tripe and unfair on the current team.

With friends like these....

Lang Toun hibby
13-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Season ticket holder and following them for nearly 50 years and apart from a few occasions when it really matters they always let you down.
I have been there too many times and we don’t get the name as bottlers by accident it has happened so often but hay ho you will wake upp and smell the coffee some day, unfortunately.

Pete
13-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Season ticket holder and following them for nearly 50 years and apart from a few occasions when it really matters they always let you down.
I have been there too many times and we don’t get the name as bottlers by accident it has happened so often but hay ho you will wake upp and smell the coffee some day, unfortunately.

So you're going to label this team bottlers because of what previous ones did?

It's you that needs to wake up.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2016, 07:28 PM

Today is far from the worst case we have seen but it is hard to argue with your points. As i said in another thread we had 3big games today we failed to win Tuesday and the cup final will go along way to decieding how this team is remembered

Lang Toun hibby
13-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Happy Valley, Happy clapper! Seen much better teams than this one and they too bottled it as well.
I don't normally post on here cause of response like yours. Goodnight!

marinello59
13-02-2016, 07:44 PM

You expect them from Yams. Not anybody that has watched this team this season.

SON OF PADDY
13-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Our boy's can never be labelled bottlers !
Tonight's game is over and done with,hopefully no injuries picked up ?
Let's all get behind the team on Tuesday night and send these deluded Jambo's back to Gorgie spewing. GGTTH

iwasthere1972
13-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Happy Valley, Happy clapper! Seen much better teams than this one and they too bottled it as well.

Do you only come on here to criticise the team? Every one of your posts, okay there's not many, have slated someone or other. You're obviously entitled to you opinion but maybe you should get yourself on here when you have something decent to say otherwise people will think you're a Jambo. :wink:

For you information I've also seen much better teams than the present one which should have done better than they did.

Goodnight.

OsloHibs
13-02-2016, 08:28 PM
It was very disappointing.. but onwards & upwards eh. Some of the people on here need to step away from the keyboard!

GreenArmy1875
13-02-2016, 09:18 PM
No matter what they say in the press about not bottling it etc. when it has came to the games that really mean something like today/sevco last year and this season we haven't done enough. Not bashing the team but this is a fact and why we are still in the championship and behind the Rangers.

We need to find a way of sorting that soon so we progress further. Stubbs is doing a good job at hibs and brought back the feel good factor to the club. I just feel we need to play with wide players and pace in this league. we rely heavily on our full backs but I don't think Stevenson and Gray are the type of full backs we need in our system (not that they are bad players just in the wrong system) and it's something Stubbs must see is needed in this league at times for us to progress. He is still a young manager and hopefully will learn to take us and his career to the next level

SmashinGlass
13-02-2016, 09:23 PM
I've said elsewhere and I'll say here: So. We dropped points today. Some may say whilst the pressure was on. But let's not forget what these lads have done for us over the past few weeks. Whilst a blip isn't ideal, in my view it's acceptable given the effort we've seen in recent weeks. I was annoyed at the game and immediately thereafter, but after an hour or so's reflection, I don't think all is lost. Up to us to support the team through on Tuesday and thereafter.

Edson Arantes
13-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Hibs have been great better than expected BUT we had 3 very important games Todays, we failed to win, Tuesdays and the cup final I think after those games we can make a decision on the teams bottle :greengrin

Based on that performance we will not necesarrily beat the yams next week.

Disappointing but true.

Edson Arantes
13-02-2016, 09:28 PM
I've said elsewhere and I'll say here: So. We dropped points today. Some may say whilst the pressure was on. But let's not forget what these lads have done for us over the past few weeks. Whilst a blip isn't ideal, in my view it's acceptable given the effort we've seen in recent weeks. I was annoyed at the game and immediately thereafter, but after an hour or so's reflection, I don't think all is lost. Up to us to support the team through on Tuesday and thereafter.

Come on - it was Livingston.

That was not just a blip. We were ineffective.

The yams, will/would have beaten us today.

Not good news.

Ronniekirk
13-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Based on that performance we will not necesarrily beat the yams next week.

Disappointing but true.

Replied to a similar post on another thread ,can't disagree with your statement but Tuesday nights game will be totally different with an Atmosphere to lift the players .
My only word of caution would be that if the fans who are saying they expected a performance like this coming given our run of difficult games , then these same players don't have much rest before Tuesday so if fatigue was a factor it could still be a factor as the game goes on on Tuesday
But will be there to see how it pans out and already have my ticket for the Alloa game as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
13-02-2016, 10:55 PM
A 0-0 away draw in the league is pretty flimsy evidence of 'bottling it'. We've had several tough matches recently and didn't play well tonight; it happens.

Jones28
13-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Bound to happen eventually. Conditions played a part too.

jakeshibs
13-02-2016, 11:20 PM
I thought the conditions were dreadful and players found it hard to adapt, not an excuse but a reason, onwards and upwards here we go, mon the hibs,,

Dashing Bob S
13-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Both Hibs and Rangers ought to have won their games comfortably today, but neither did.

However, as we went second knowing we could close the gap, I can't help but feel we blew it.

majorhibs
14-02-2016, 01:23 AM

Gaun nae further after readin this, but will soon read the rest, but effing yes, when the huns churn out results, if we do not, then the mentalty is effing NOT top class. Having attended virtually every game of our last 2 times ge tting promoted, & enjoying & observing all that that entailed, today was a damp squib, & NAEBODY can deny that. There is plenty ubers around the now, how many of you uber ubers were there in our last promotion races, & if you were there, be effing honest when points were tight, how gutting is a draw like that? Its a promotion RACE. Nae place for slip ups. But at least the ubers will have plenty loyalty points.

Pete
14-02-2016, 04:41 AM

If your posts are normally met with people telling you that things aren't that bad then maybe you should have a look at what you post. Labelling this team as "bottlers" because we drew a match makes you seem detached from what is actually going on right now and you're letting your past experiences cloud your judgement.

Gaun nae further after readin this, but will soon read the rest, but effing yes, when the huns churn out results, if we do not, then the mentalty is effing NOT top class. Having attended virtually every game of our last 2 times ge tting promoted, & enjoying & observing all that that entailed, today was a damp squib, & NAEBODY can deny that. There is plenty ubers around the now, how many of you uber ubers were there in our last promotion races, & if you were there, be effing honest when points were tight, how gutting is a draw like that? Its a promotion RACE. Nae place for slip ups. But at least the ubers will have plenty loyalty points.

Firstly, what's an "uber"? If it's someone that can look at things in a rational fashion and then make judgements then count me in. If it's someone who gives Hibernian the benefit of the doubt then I'm also guilty. I don't see anyone being unjustifiably cheery.

You have both used your long term experiences as supporters to justify your opinions so come on then, do any of you want to explain why you think this team are "bottlers" or they don't have a "top class mentality"?
You've said that its been this way for a while but the players are different so what's the common trait? Is it the ground? Is it the owners? Is it the supporters? Is it a gypsy curse? It has to be something because the people on the pitch are different every time.

Better players with a better mentality within a decent infrastructure win matches more often than not and that's what's been lacking. Unfortunately it's a sport and they lose matches as well but that seems to get lost in all the wallowing in the past.

We drew today in difficult circumstances yet were being labelled bottlers. Short term memory is the first to start going apparently.

highland hibbee
14-02-2016, 05:01 AM
I've seen many hibs teams, right back to the Tornadoes, Scottish cup final 6-1 gubbing, Hadjuk Split for example , through to the team who got us relegated and the word isn't far wrong, however I can't agree with this team being labelled bottlers. Many hibs teams would have lost yesterday. Yes, a win would have been brilliant after The Rangers drawing, but as someone has already said we are where we were when their game kicked off. We didn't lose, we kept a clean sheet, in conditions where the ball either held up or ran on, horrible conditions to play football, I wouldn't have left the Jehovas on my doorstep on a day like that, I'd have let them in!!! So, totally unfair on this present team to call them bottlers. On the plus side John McGinn looks like he's back onto a game, Liam Henderson looked good and Stokes should now be up to full game speed. GGTTH

Keith_M
14-02-2016, 05:56 AM
When somebody 'bottles it', they fail because they can't handle the pressure.

Hibs were two - nil down against the Yams and had the bottle to fight back.

Yesterday they just didn't play well enough, nothing to do with 'bottle'.

CentreLine
14-02-2016, 06:47 AM

I think that's the whole point. It's supposed to get on our tits. When we have lost one game in 26 those that are afraid of what we are achieving will look to anything to try and undermine the club. We do it with The Rangers because they are no longer the same club. We do it with Hearts because they overspent and their achievements are undermined and in some cases worthless. They do it to us because they are afraid of our upward trajectory. Last night the conditions were an absolute leveller and I'm certain it must have been the same at Alloa. If it had been at ER the condition of the pitch would have been so much better but Livingston were clever and didn't make too much effort to clear the surface. The centre circle and patch where the advertising was dragged off showed clearly how easy it would have been to have a clear surface but they knew the icy surface would level things up. In hearts case they left their pitch because they knew there was a fair chance it would be unplayable. Don't tell me these clubs are not running scared of the team they would want to convince are "bottlers".

We have dispatched three Premiership teams this year. With a fair wind we will dispatch a fourth on Tuesday night. But if we don't it will not be down to lack of bottle.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2016, 06:57 AM

Come on here,post nonsense then run away because you don't like the response you get.You my friend are a classic example of a "bottler".

hibbymick
14-02-2016, 07:02 AM
The only team that bottled it yesterday was Hearts.

Waxy
14-02-2016, 07:27 AM
The biggest "bottle it" in history was Dundee 2-0 Hearts (Albert Kidd 83, 87) 3rd May 1986.Some day that.

Ronniekirk
14-02-2016, 07:28 AM
I think that's the whole point. It's supposed to get on our tits. When we have lost one game in 26 those that are afraid of what we are achieving will look to anything to try and undermine the club. We do it with The Rangers because they are no longer the same club. We do it with Hearts because they overspent and their achievements are undermined and in some cases worthless. They do it to us because they are afraid of our upward trajectory. Last night the conditions were an absolute leveller and I'm certain it must have been the same at Alloa. If it had been at ER the condition of the pitch would have been so much better but Livingston were clever and didn't make too much effort to clear the surface. The centre circle and patch where the advertising was dragged off showed clearly how easy it would have been to have a clear surface but they knew the icy surface would level things up. In hearts case they left their pitch because they knew there was a fair chance it would be unplayable. Don't tell me these clubs are not running scared of the team they would want to convince are "bottlers".

We have dispatched three Premiership teams this year. With a fair wind we will dispatch a fourth on Tuesday night. But if we don't it will not be down to lack of bottle.

You make a valid point about them only clearing the centre circle and a route back to the touch line .
If clubs are deliberately not clearing a pitch when they have had time and resources to do it to gain an advantage then their needs to be something inserted into the rules to make this mandatory .
People paid good money to watch football and the conditions played a part in preventing that ,if there was anything that could of been done to improve the playing conditions it should of been done IMO

Scorrie
14-02-2016, 07:31 AM
Come on here,post nonsense then run away because you don't like the response you get.You my friend are a classic example of a "bottler".

Spot on

Ozyhibby
14-02-2016, 08:19 AM
You make a valid point about them only clearing the centre circle and a route back to the touch line .
If clubs are deliberately not clearing a pitch when they have had time and resources to do it to gain an advantage then their needs to be something inserted into the rules to make this mandatory .
People paid good money to watch football and the conditions played a part in preventing that ,if there was anything that could of been done to improve the playing conditions it should of been done IMO

They didn't only clear the centre circle. That's where the sponsors banner was and the path was where they dragged it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QMU-1875
14-02-2016, 08:25 AM
If hibs played well yesterday and deserved the three points yet drew 0-0 then yes we would have bottled it. My viewing however was that we were perhaps fortunate to come away with the draw, particularly given that free header they had at the end. Result is by no means a disaster, both hibs and rangers showed that there will be points dropped between now and the end of the season. For me the challenge is still there.

Also can we please figure out how to play against teams that have ten men behind the ball? The lack of pace and urgency to put the smaller teams to the sword was and could well be our downfall. Far too many scraped 1-0's against poor opposition. "Bottling it" doesn't even enter the equation with this team...

Ronniekirk
14-02-2016, 08:29 AM
They didn't only clear the centre circle. That's where the sponsors banner was and the path was where they dragged it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I follow now ,maybe they should of kept dragging round the pitch for a Wee while as seemed to have done a good job in clearing the drag back .
I suppose my point is how difficult would it of been to clear the pitch given the job Falkirk did a few weeks back to get our game on I know it was snowing during the game but still think more could of been done

CorrieHibs
14-02-2016, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't call us bottlers after last nights performance. It was just a bad day at the office. We've had 3 massive games before that and the players put a lot in to those performances.

Dylan's absense was well missed. I also feel Cummings and stokes can't play upfront together. They're too similar in many ways. I would of preferred big Dom being there.

Missed opportunity with the Huns drawing but least we never lost further ground.

Livi isn't an easy place to go, we only won by a free kick there in our last game and The Rangers drew there before as well.

Big game on Tuesday for the players to show they have the ability. So come on Hibs, let's put this to bed and go beat those mutants on Tuesday night.

Carheenlea
14-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Ok I follow now ,maybe they should of kept dragging round the pitch for a Wee while as seemed to have done a good job in clearing the drag back .
I suppose my point is how difficult would it of been to clear the pitch given the job Falkirk did a few weeks back to get our game on I know it was snowing during the game but still think more could of been done

There was not a chance of clearing the pitch in the manner of Falkirk a few weeks back. I was in quite early about half an hour before KO, and the players were starting their warm up when the snow started to fall. A few guys armed with brushes ran over the lines, but grass doesn`t sweep as cleanly as plastic, so clearing the pitch of what little snow there was was a non starter. The surface was atrocious, and another referee might well have deemed it unplayable. The ground was like a skating rink outside at full time, so that snow/slush on the pitch would have froze enough to make for very difficult conditions to play the kind of football we have enjoyed watching this season.

Ronniekirk
14-02-2016, 09:24 AM
There was not a chance of clearing the pitch in the manner of Falkirk a few weeks back. I was in quite early about half an hour before KO, and the players were starting their warm up when the snow started to fall. A few guys armed with brushes ran over the lines, but grass doesn`t sweep as cleanly as plastic, so clearing the pitch of what little snow there was was a non starter. The surface was atrocious, and another referee might well have deemed it unplayable. The ground was like a skating rink outside at full time, so that snow/slush on the pitch would have froze enough to make for very difficult conditions to play the kind of football we have enjoyed watching this season.

On that basis I will cut them some slack Sounds like Mother Nature won in the end Thankfully I was watching from the warmth of a coal fire and a bottle of red desperado in my hand
All credit to the fans that made the journey through

Sammy7nil
14-02-2016, 09:25 AM
Until Hibs consistently win derbies, get promoted (this year) and win a Scottish Cup we will be stuck with the "bottlers" tag for years to come whether it is justified or not.
For this team to quickly drop the tag they have to win on Tuesday and beat Ross County if they dont the bottlers tag will be rolled out again right or wrong.

green day
14-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Until Hibs consistently win derbies, get promoted (this year) and win a Scottish Cup we will be stuck with the "bottlers" tag for years to come whether it is justified or not.
For this team to quickly drop the tag they have to win on Tuesday and beat Ross County if they dont the bottlers tag will be rolled out again right or wrong.

.....and loads of people to perpetuate the tag.

Is it not truer to say that we have - in fact - been very successful in getting to a Cup Final this season?

Some people feel the need to slag off their own team - I have never understood that.

marinello59
14-02-2016, 09:55 AM

We shouldn't be joining the media and others outside of our club in calling this team bottlers though, it's a nasty slur to make about this particular group of players. We should be rallying round the team whenever some west coast rag trots it out again. It's depressing that some Hibs fans rush to use that term as soon as something goes wrong.
Last night was frustrating and I am gutted that we didn't take the chance to put some pressure on the zombies. I wouldn't question the players mental toughness though.

Sammy7nil
14-02-2016, 09:55 AM
.....and loads of people to perpetuate the tag.

Is it not truer to say that we have - in fact - been very successful in getting to a Cup Final this season?

Some people feel the need to slag off their own team - I have never understood that.

Read my post again I said right or wrong we will be stuck with the tag. We have earned that name over a number over years and a few runners up medals aint gonna shake that tag off regardless of how well we play against teams from the top league.

The Green Goblin
14-02-2016, 10:25 AM
If some people are labelling us "bottlers" when we DRAW a game and get a point, what might they have called us if we had lost? Because, yet again, we didn't lose. A win would have been nice, but what team in the world wins every single game without fail? It's such a lot of nonsense. I am proud of my team and my club to a degree I've not felt in years and one draw won't change that.

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2016, 10:40 AM
We didn't bottle anything last night, in fact I don't even think we played all that badly. We made a number of chances, time and again we got the ball into the box but the strikers were a foot away from reaching the ball, why Dagnall tried to control the ball when a side footer first time would almost certainly have got him a goal only he will know.

I was a wee bit surprised at Alan Stubbs assessment after the game, he suggested a lack of effort which I cant say was evident to me from what I saw on the telly ...... I would agree we weren't sharp enough or smart enough on the day, but we dominated possession and you have to work to do that.

It was a chance missed, but to suggest that this Hibs team 'bottled' ( or will bottle ) anything is laughable ..... if we fail in certain games its because of bad luck and at times bad play ..... but a lack of effort, a lack of bottle........ nae chance, not from the team I've been watching for the last 8 months.

J-C
14-02-2016, 10:47 AM
We didn't bottle anything last night, in fact I don't even think we played all that badly. We made a number of chances, time and again we got the ball into the box but the strikers were a foot away from reaching the ball, why Dagnall tried to control the ball when a side footer first time would almost certainly have got him a goal only he will know.

I was a wee bit surprised at Alan Stubbs assessment after the game, he suggested a lack of effort which I cant say was evident to me from what I saw on the telly ...... I would agree we weren't sharp enough or smart enough on the day, but we dominated possession and you have to work to do that.

It was a chance missed, but to suggest that this Hibs team 'bottled' ( or will bottle ) anything is laughable ..... if we fail in certain games its because of bad luck and at times bad play ..... but a lack of effort, a lack of bottle........ nae chance, not from the team I've been watching for the last 8 months.

This was also alluded to by a few posters on another thread, if indeed that was the case then that's something I'm not too happy wtth, 100% is the least we can expect when they put a Hibs top on.

Bishop Hibee
14-02-2016, 10:53 AM
The biggest "bottle it" in history was Dundee 2-0 Hearts (Albert Kidd 83, 87) 3rd May 1986.Some day that.

This. They "bottled it" for periods of 48 and 36 years in a row where they won nothing. I won't subscribe to the false 'Hibs bottlers' agenda.

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2016, 10:56 AM
This was also alluded to by a few posters on another thread, if indeed that was the case then that's something I'm not too happy wtth, 100% is the least we can expect when they put a Hibs top on.

That's what I'm saying J-C .... I cant say I noticed any lack of effort, perhaps mental tiredness following a run of important matches, but nothing more than that.

J-C
14-02-2016, 11:48 AM
That's what I'm saying J-C .... I cant say I noticed any lack of effort, perhaps mental tiredness following a run of important matches, but nothing more than that.

I must say I still feel Stubbs is too rigid with his system and formation, he plays 4 in midfield against Livi and similar teams when we need width to stretch their defence, I'd like to see us giving Boyle some more game time and just tell him to run at them with pace, then the direct route might work also, we are times far too predictable.

Alfred E Newman
14-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Did every team that dropped points yesterday " bottle it"?
Of course not, it's utter nonsense. The real bottlers are the usual suspects coming on here with their predictable negative rubbish after our first disappointing result in weeks.
Thank goodness we are not relying on them for results from now till the end of the season.

Libby Hibby
14-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Did every team that dropped points yesterday " bottle it"?
Of course not, it's utter nonsense. The real bottlers are the usual suspects coming on here with their predictable negative rubbish after our first disappointing result in weeks.
Thank goodness we are not relying on them for results from now till the end of the season.

Exactly...Bottling it is not turning up against St Johnstone in th LC semi...bottling it is not displaying any fight against your rivals when 2-0 down...where as 100% bottling it is the last game of the season 1986

Edson Arantes
14-02-2016, 12:43 PM
You do not 'bottle it' by drawing away from home.

Crap and inappropriate term.

hibby6270
14-02-2016, 01:30 PM
'Bottled it' isn't the right term to use for yesterday's result. You're all correct on that score.

But if I'm thinking in the same way as those who have used that terminology, as a supporter of over 53 years, think what they really mean is that we've all "Been there before, got the tee shirt" as far as Hibs promise of achieving something is concerned.

I really do hope these words are rammed down my throat come the end of the season. Nothing would make me happier. It's just, as I say, we have been conditioned to expect the worst and when it happens we are not surprised. Won't ever stop us supporting the the team, the club or anything to do with Hibs.

I can think of only 2 or 3 periods where there was confidence amongst fans that we would do well. Turnbull era, the season we won promotion in 99, the Mowbray era (showed promise but won nothing).

Stubbs era has rekindled that optimism again but so far we haven't achieved anything yet in terms of winning a trophy or promotion. Yesterday was an excellent chance to make up ground in the title race. We didn't take it and am I surprised? Previous comments tel me - NO!! The point is we - Hibernian FC - should have taken advantage. We didn't and that is at times what we do sadly.

Unless we get that monkey of our back this season, then and only then, might be the time to use the 'B' word.

givescotlandfreedom
14-02-2016, 01:45 PM
16100 Did someone say bottlers?

Phil MaGlass
14-02-2016, 01:59 PM
I have mentioned this once before, we do not have the tempo or the urgency and if I am honest the "get f, n stuck intaethum" attitude, its piss poor .We should have been good enough to beat Livi yesterday

hibby6270
14-02-2016, 02:07 PM
I have mentioned this once before, we do not have the tempo or the urgency and if I am honest the "get f, n stuck intaethum" attitude, its piss poor .We should have been good enough to beat Livi yesterday

Agreed!! :thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
14-02-2016, 02:21 PM
'Bottled it' isn't the right term to use for yesterday's result. You're all correct on that score.

But if I'm thinking in the same way as those who have used that terminology, as a supporter of over 53 years, think what they really mean is that we've all "Been there before, got the tee shirt" as far as Hibs promise of achieving something is concerned.

I really do hope these words are rammed down my throat come the end of the season. Nothing would make me happier. It's just, as I say, we have been conditioned to expect the worst and when it happens we are not surprised. Won't ever stop us supporting the the team, the club or anything to do with Hibs.

I can think of only 2 or 3 periods where there was confidence amongst fans that we would do well. Turnbull era, the season we won promotion in 99, the Mowbray era (showed promise but won nothing).

Stubbs era has rekindled that optimism again but so far we haven't achieved anything yet in terms of winning a trophy or promotion. Yesterday was an excellent chance to make up ground in the title race. We didn't take it and am I surprised? Previous comments tel me - NO!! The point is we - Hibernian FC - should have taken advantage. We didn't and that is at times what we do sadly.

Unless we get that monkey of our back this season, then and only then, might be the time to use the 'B' word.
:top marks

Big L
14-02-2016, 04:59 PM
The back 4 and Barclay did their job the attacking play was flat, it was crying out for width and pace, Boyle on for the last 5 minutes was 40 minutes to late, I don't understand Stubbs not bringing him on earlier. Our backs were not getting forward nearly enough and that being the case you have to do something ! I'm also not sure JC & Stokesy are a good fit. Why play Dagnall in the roll Keatings was playing in?

kaimendhibs
14-02-2016, 05:20 PM
16100 Did someone say bottlers?

😂😂😂