PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Tour for Expats prior to Cup Final

cjward2
13-02-2016, 01:35 AM
Just booked my flights to come back for the League Cup final with my son and thought it would be a good time to see Easter Road (still have not had a chance to see the East Stand up close and personal).
I noticed that there are no scheduled stadium tours at the time around that time in March so I had an idea that I would ask the club to put one on on the Friday before the Cup Final (March 11th).
Just wondering if there are any expats who will be back in Edinburgh for the final who would also want to get in a stadium tour.
Also, would it not be great to get one of East Mains too. Pushing it a bit I suppose.

Come on Hibs, do this for the extended Hibernian family that will be coming home for the big game.:flag:

pacorosssco
13-02-2016, 01:45 AM
Yes pleaSe *3

UOTE=cjward2;4583637]Just booked my flights t
ack for the League Cup final with my son and thought it would be a good time to see Easter Road (still have not had a chance to see the East Stand up close and personal).
I noticed that there are no scheduled stadium tours at the time around that time in March so I had an idea that I would ask the club to put one on on the Friday before the Cup Final (March 11th).
Just wondering if there are any expats who will be back in Edinburgh for the final who would also want to get in a stadium tour.
Also, would it not be great to get one of East Mains too. Pushing it a bit I suppose.

Come on Hibs, do this for the extended Hibernian family that will be coming home for the big game.:flag:[/QUOTE]

G-Reg
13-02-2016, 01:46 AM
Just booked my flights to come back for the League Cup final with my son and thought it would be a good time to see Easter Road (still have not had a chance to see the East Stand up close and personal).

Come on Hibs, do this for the extended Hibernian family that will be coming home for the big game.:flag:

I'd be happy to offer free transport for up to 6 expats from the stadium to east mains and back if it was the Thursday

pacorosssco
13-02-2016, 02:02 AM
I'd be happy to offer free transport for up to 6 expats from the stadium to east mains and back if it was the Thursday

A star and gentleman u are to offer such hospitality.i Live holland and know stadium well but be nice look around again before huge final. Many local fans will also feel same. Those comin long way sure would like look around er and em if havent had chance.

G-Reg
13-02-2016, 02:07 AM
A star and gentleman u are to offer such hospitality.i Live holland and know stadium well but be nice look around again before huge final. Many local fans will also feel same. Those comin long way sure would like look around er and em if havent had chance.

I'd also be able to do some photos for people to take away as I do a bit in my spare time

California-Hibs
13-02-2016, 06:28 AM
Yes please! Would be very interested in this! I touch down on the Thursday night so the Friday would be perfect for me. I'd especially love to get a look at East Mains, always wanted to do that and I'm very jealous whenever I hear of people's wonderful experiences doing tours etc there.

theonlywayisup
13-02-2016, 06:44 AM
I think this is a great idea for those abroad. I'm sure Hibs would love to arrange something for those Hibs fans that only get to ER at times like this.

Jack
13-02-2016, 09:35 AM
It's Tom from the Historical Trust that runs the tours.

Maybe you should contact him to see if a tour including EM is feasible.

Email curator@hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk

Bay Area Hibees
13-02-2016, 02:23 PM
I'd be keen too but don't get to edin till fri so I may need do it another time

cjward2
13-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Getting some good interest so far. I'll ask the question on the text feed on the Hibs TV page today too.:flag:

Alex Trager
13-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Yes please! Would be very interested in this! I touch down on the Thursday night so the Friday would be perfect for me. I'd especially love to get a look at East Mains, always wanted to do that and I'm very jealous whenever I hear of people's wonderful experiences doing tours etc there.

Feel similar about east mains and I live down the road

cjward2
13-02-2016, 04:48 PM
wonder how many people need to show interest before a tour can be arranged?

Billy Whizz
13-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Just spoke to Tom at the game just now, and alerted him to this thread. He says fire emails to the address above, and he'll try and sort something out.
Good luck

cjward2
13-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Just spoke to Tom at the game just now, and alerted him to this thread. He says fire emails to the address above, and he'll try and sort something out.
Good luck

Good man Billy. Thanks.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2016, 06:09 PM
Good man Billy. Thanks.

No worries, hope it works out well for you all!

Denverhibby
13-02-2016, 07:26 PM
I'd be keen too but don't get to edin till fri so I may need do it another time

Me too. My daughter and I should be in Edinburgh from Colorado Friday

hibby6270
14-02-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm only 15 mins away from stadium and never been on the tour - yet. Will have to do it one day.

If you are able to combine ER & EM whilst you ex-pars are here, EM is well worth a visit.:thumbsup::top marks

14-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Would be a good idea for the club to organise something like this before the final. Lots of fans will be travelling from afar so will be nice if they could experience something like this.

I'm sure Leaann Dempster would be open to organising something. She's very good when it comes to co-operating with the fans.

Slicer
14-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Interested in this but don't arrive until Saturday the 12th.

StokePogesHibs
15-02-2016, 03:58 AM
Saturday morning? Not in from LA until 3 pm Friday

scott7_0(Prague)
15-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Definitely would be interested in this, I get in noon on Friday.

lyonhibs
15-02-2016, 09:14 AM
This is a great idea but sadly I'm not even getting back to Edinburgh on my travels :boo hoo:

I'm in Glasgow for about 33 hours and the hotel in Gatwick terminal on the Friday and Sunday nights. No end to the glamour!!

Need to try and do one of the stadium tours when I'm next back for any decent length of time.

cjward2
15-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Just received this e-mail (looks like we are a go). get online and book those tour tickets folks:thumbsup:

Thanks for your email regarding Stadium Tours.
A great idea – we will now run a tour on Friday 11th March 2pm till 4pm.
I will have this put online available to purchase by the middle of the week.
The tour will be available to purchase from the following link:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/Events?preFilter=7

Thanks,

Brett McGoldrick | Sponsorship Executive
The Hibernian Football Club Limited
Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place, Edinburgh, EH7 5QG

Denverhibby
26-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Saturday morning? Not in from LA until 3 pm Friday

there is a stadium tour Saturday afternoon at 2pm. Tickets are available on line.:flag: