PDA

View Full Version : Wee team or Big team?

doddsy
13-02-2016, 12:05 AM
is it possible for a so called wee team to have the bigger attendance despite being in a weerer league than the so called big team?

GIRUY Jammy Tarts the so called Big Team with the smaller seasonal one off attendance.

:cb :gwa2: :greengrin :agree: :thumbsup: :top marks:wink: :flag:

Springbank
13-02-2016, 08:40 AM
is it possible for a so called wee team to have the bigger attendance despite being in a weerer league than the so called big team?

GIRUY Jammy Tarts the so called Big Team with the smaller seasonal one off attendance.

:cb :gwa2: :greengrin :agree: :thumbsup: :top marks:wink: :flag:

I'd go further

Who holds the largest official attendance? (Hibs 65000)

Who has the highest attendance at Tynecastle this season (Hibs vs St Johnstone)

Though that fact is overshadowed by the fact we will have more fans in our 3 stands than you can fit into the 4 stands at tynecastle

I'd say Hibs and Hearts both get crowds in the decent 'teens of thousands when doing well, and this drops to a hardcore of 7/8000 when at their nadir.

For an example, see hearts Albert kidd season
They started that season badly and played Dundee at tynecastle in front of barely 7000 people before their good run began

Let's hope the pendulum is swinging our way as hearts now have to live within their means for the first time in 4 decades

KeithTheHibby
13-02-2016, 08:49 AM
I've never understood this wee team crap they come out with.

Small cock syndrome if you ask me.

Carheenlea
13-02-2016, 09:08 AM
A club that has to constantly remind everyone of how a big club they are, are by that nature, not a big club.

Pretty Boy
13-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Who really cares?

If we count the 70s as the beginnings of the modern era of football then since then we have won exactly the same number of major trophies as them, could well be 1 more come March. That's the only real way to measure success. All the other stuff about '3rd force' (what a crap aspiration btw), 'average attandance' and 'derby world record' is just wind and pish.

lucky
13-02-2016, 09:27 AM
It's results on the park that count not the size of the stadium, just ask Man City and Newcastle fans.

Waxy
13-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Since both teams beginnings both have won four league championships each. There is no big/wee team.

SmashinGlass
13-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Their own song refers to them as "a wee fitba team". Case closed

Shore Thing
13-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Their own song refers to them as "a wee fitba team". Case closed

:top marks
At a stroke the entire debate has now been redefined as 'Wee Team' vs 'Bonny Team'

Hibernia&Alba
13-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Since both teams beginnings both have won four league championships each. There is no big/wee team.

:agree:

Very similar sized clubs overall, in terms of support, league titles, income etc. Our lamentable Scottish Cup records gives them a clear advantage there, but that's about it. They way the Yams talk, you'd think the contrast was like that between Barcelona and Espanyol.

SuperAllyMcleod
13-02-2016, 11:10 AM
As I mentioned on another thread they don't think they are the BIG TEAM - according to the 13500 Jambos I heard on Sunday :-

[emoji445]Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle park

There's a WEE FITBA' TEAM that will aye make its mark. [emoji445]

Perhaps we should seek clarification

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2016, 11:11 AM
I cannot understand why Hearts are not included in this recent speculation about the so called Champions League elite. Disgrace that such a massive and world famous club have been snubbed.

Mr White
13-02-2016, 11:12 AM
If they're such a big big massive club and the league cup is just a wee diddy mickey mouse cup then how come it's 55 years since they won it? They should be scooshing it every few years surely.

Utter helmets the lot of them.

Hibernia&Alba
13-02-2016, 11:12 AM
I cannot understand why Hearts are not included in this recent speculation about the so called Champions League elite. Disgrace that such a massive and world famous club have been snubbed.
Seethe x 400,000

Winston Ingram
13-02-2016, 11:16 AM
i remember when they built their stands just over 20 yrs ago.

Hearts were skint at the time and as per had a huge debt so threw up pretty mush all they could afford at the time.

Having spent a few hours there over the last week our or so it shows how badly it's worn.

The state of the concourses, the frames and exterior of the stands are awful. It looks nearer 40 years old not 20.

Pretty Boy
13-02-2016, 11:36 AM
If they're such a big big massive club and the league cup is just a wee diddy mickey mouse cup then how come it's 55 years since they won it? They should be scooshing it every few years surely.

Utter helmets the lot of them.

That's it in a nutshell

If they are such a big club and us such a wee club then they either need to accept that they have massively underachived in the last 50 years or we have massively overachieved.

It's delusion on a grand scale. They compare themselves to us because our lamentable SC record gives them an advantage in terms of trophies won. Compare them to any genuine big team and their delusion is shown up for what it is.

We are best to leave them to it.

Tobias Funke
13-02-2016, 11:44 AM
A club that has to constantly remind everyone of how a big club they are, are by that nature, not a big club.

In a nutshell. They are obsessed with this to the point it's actually weird and creepy.

Tobias Funke
13-02-2016, 11:47 AM
I'll add to this;

"The famous"

Famous for what? Absolutely **** all. Nobody outside of Scottish football gives a shiny sh*te about Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Hibernia&Alba
13-02-2016, 11:51 AM
I'll add to this;

"The famous"

Famous for what? Absolutely **** all. Nobody outside of Scottish football gives a shiny sh*te about Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

The Infamous :wink:

JJP
13-02-2016, 12:15 PM
'The Famous' is just another thing in a very long line of things they have borrowed/stolen from Rangers.

GreenLake
13-02-2016, 12:36 PM
HMFC : The Pig Team

Baader
13-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Big joke that's for sure.

Ringothedog
13-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Big team, wee team, who cares ? All that matters is that we are Hibernian FC, they are ****.

marinello59
13-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Big team, wee team, who cares ? All that matters is that we are Hibernian FC, they are ****.

Nailed it.

SkintHibby
13-02-2016, 08:18 PM
We define them. Everything they do is based around us.

Deansy
13-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Who really cares?

If we count the 70s as the beginnings of the modern era of football then since then we have won exactly the same number of major trophies as them, could well be 1 more come March. That's the only real way to measure success. All the other stuff about '3rd force' (what a crap aspiration btw), 'average attandance' and 'derby world record' is just wind and pish.

And we haven't squandered approximately £120 MILLION of 'Other People's Money' over that same period to achieve it !

Bishop Hibee
13-02-2016, 11:44 PM
There is no "big team" "wee team" narrative. A myth peddled by Hertz fans. It's just nonsense.