PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: AARON DUNSMORE - STAYING IN THE CITY

RSS Bot
12-02-2016, 07:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6197)

Jonnyboy
12-02-2016, 07:31 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6197)

Good stuff Aaron, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

ekhibee
12-02-2016, 07:32 PM
I've not actually seen Dunsmore playing, but that report looks quite optimistic, as if he's a good young player improving and learning all the time. Has anybody else seen him play?

Jonnyboy
12-02-2016, 07:35 PM
I've not actually seen Dunsmore playing, but that report looks quite optimistic, as if he's a good young player improving and learning all the time. Has anybody else seen him play?

Seen him a few times. Very pacy, defends and overlaps well :agree:

Billy Whizz
12-02-2016, 07:44 PM

He's a right back, but been unfortunate this season as he's had to play left back on numerous occasions due to Calum Cranes injury.
We've got a few young lads out on loan, hope they all benefit from the experience and come back stronger.
Think they can play in this league and also play in the development league a well, McGregor and Crane are on loan to Berwick, but played for the Dev team this week

lucky
12-02-2016, 11:25 PM
Not sure dropping to that level will help him develop as a player.

Lancs Harp
12-02-2016, 11:56 PM
I think a stint with the Citizens will do him good. Its not a bad level and he will gain experience of playing in a more physical environment than what Development squad football offers. They are going well (were top of the league last time I checked) so will gain confidence in playing in a successful team. I think a decent addition to his learning curve.

HappyHanlon
13-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Wrong move for the lad - should be at someone in League 1.

No disrespect to Ed City but potential stars of the future should be loaned to League 1 clubs.

Lancs Harp
13-02-2016, 12:17 AM
He's an 18 year old kid with no experience. If he got loaned to a league one side there would be no guarantee of game time.

Since90+2
13-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Wrong move for the lad - should be at someone in League 1.

No disrespect to Ed City but potential stars of the future should be loaned to League 1 clubs.

The difference between The Lowland League and league 1 and 2 is tiny (if there is a difference at all) to be honest.

East Kilbride , who are miles behind Edinburgh City in the league, knocked out Stenhousemuir who are doing well in League 1 and even further down the divisions Lothian Thistle knocked out Montrose from League 2. Apart from Dunferline I would give Edinburgh City a 50/50 chance against any League 1 or 2 team apart from Dunfermline and possibly Ayr.

Darren McGregor always said the difference between Arniston Rangers and between the lower leagues of Scotland was hardly noticeable , it was only when he got to Division 1 and came up against full time teams he seen the difference.

lucky
13-02-2016, 09:31 AM
The difference between The Lowland League and league 1 and 2 is tiny (if there is a difference at all) to be honest.

East Kilbride , who are miles behind Edinburgh City in the league, knocked out Stenhousemuir who are doing well in League 1 and even further down the divisions Lothian Thistle knocked out Montrose from League 2. Apart from Dunferline I would give Edinburgh City a 50/50 chance against any League 1 or 2 team apart from Dunfermline and possibly Ayr.

Darren McGregor always said the difference between Arniston Rangers and between the lower leagues of Scotland was hardly noticeable , it was only when he got to Division 1 and came up against full time teams he seen the difference.

Cup games are not a good way of comparing the quality of leagues. Hibs are unbeaten in 4 games against premiership teams this season that does not mean we would be 1st or 2nd in the premiership

Since90+2
13-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Cup games are not a good way of comparing the quality of leagues. Hibs are unbeaten in 4 games against premiership teams this season that does not mean we would be 1st or 2nd in the premiership

It does show though that Hibs can compete with most teams in the top league. Similarly Lothian Thistle and East Kilbride played 4 matches (both went to replays) against Stenhousemuir and Montrose, in those 4 games never lost once against League 1 and League 2 teams.

The Hibs development management will be in a better position to judge the level of The Lowland League than most of us and if they are happy to put Dunsmore there to learn and develop the league must be at a fairly decent level.

CmoantheHibs
13-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Will help him adapt and cope with derby games anyway judging from this quote.
The stereotype of teams playing in the Ferrari Packaging Lowland League and below is one of tactics based around hoofing long balls forward.