PDA

View Full Version : Best post match pubs

mghibs
12-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Having lived abroad for the majority of my life, I had to settle for tuning in online to get my Hibs experience. I moved up to Edinburgh a couple of years ago to go to university and so finally get to go regularly. Now with the good vibes flowing around Easter road again, I was wondering, where do folks find is the best place for post match pints? I'm keen to expand my knowledge of the local watering holes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
12-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Im a bit more of a pre match pint man than post but if Im up on the train I generally head back into town and have a pint in the Abbotsford or Guildford (handy for the station). I've been in the Mash Tun the odd time after the game.

Pre match could be one or two of anywhere :greengrin

Carheenlea
12-02-2016, 06:18 PM
Having lived abroad for the majority of my life, I had to settle for tuning in online to get my Hibs experience. I moved up to Edinburgh a couple of years ago to go to university and so finally get to go regularly. Now with the good vibes flowing around Easter road again, I was wondering, where do folks find is the best place for post match pints? I'm keen to expand my knowledge of the local watering holes!

After a match turn right at end of Albion Road and head down Easter Road and you have The Four in Hand, The Office, The Iona and Tamsons - all will be busy with Hibs fans. A short stroll over to Leith Walk has The Harp & Castle and Robbies in close proximity where post match debate will always be heard raging on. Further afield up towards the centre, The Cask & Barrel at foot of Broughton Street is well populated by Hibs fans after a match, and a fine big boozer it is too.
One thing you are never short of going to a game at Easter Road is watering holes!