PDA

View Full Version : A Real turning point

ArmadaleHibs
12-02-2016, 04:20 AM
After several years of abject failure, of new lows, fan loss, infighting almost, we have a golden opportunity to finally entice the lost supporters back to our fantastic football club. There are still unfortunately many sceptics who will understandably say things like, "seen it all before" and "they will only let us down again" and "they bring us to the verge of success only to be slapped in the face". This has in fact been the case in the past, but, for once, I firmly believe that the comeback against the ***** last week has kick started a whole new belief in the fans who had truly had enough. Next Tuesday's game is possibly THE biggest game not just in terms of getting one over on THEM, or in fact progressing in the cup, but in fact changing the clubs fortunes on and off the pitch for the better. I cannot after 37 years of supporting this amazing football club remember when an upcoming game has excited us on such a level and that includes certain cup finals that will remain unmentioned.

I hope more than anything this is our turning point. I hope every Hibs fan no matter how they feel about the past can get a new start on Tuesday night and we can finally all move forward as one and start to show everyone exactly who we are and get good crowds returning to ER. Alan Stubbs, leann dempster and all the staff and players have really worked hard to turn things around. They deserve more than anything the noisiest, fervent and most loyal backing on Tuesday and if it all comes off, then who knows !!!!!!

GGTTH

hibbymick
12-02-2016, 06:03 AM
THAT cup final was tainted.They won it with players they couldnt afford and we had a pile of loanees Wi the hearts the size of mice. FACT.

Onion
12-02-2016, 07:06 AM
IMO the performance on Tues is just as important as the result. It's been Hibs capitulation and weak mentality that's damaged the fanbase more than anything, and why we all enjoyed Sunday's comeback so much (sorry Neilson, nothing to do with Hearts progress !). We need to stand up to Hearts, compete and see where that takes us. A win would be great, but a close defeat might still start to persuade many of the defectors to return.

Tuesday's just one in a series of matches that could help to attract folk back or confirm their stereotypical views of Hibs. The League Cup Final is huge for that reason, not just winning silverware. The run in against the Rangers. Promotion through the league or the Play Offs. A run in the Scottish Cup.

Everyone's just waiting for the wheels to come off, which only adds to the enjoyment when Stubbs' boys prove them wrong :thumbsup:

Bobby's Cinema
12-02-2016, 07:41 AM
IMO the performance on Tues is just as important as the result. It's been Hibs capitulation and weak mentality that's damaged the fanbase more than anything, and why we all enjoyed Sunday's comeback so much (sorry Neilson, nothing to do with Hearts progress !). We need to stand up to Hearts, compete and see where that takes us. A win would be great, but a close defeat might still start to persuade many of the defectors to return.

Tuesday's just one in a series of matches that could help to attract folk back or confirm their stereotypical views of Hibs. The League Cup Final is huge for that reason, not just winning silverware. The run in against the Rangers. Promotion through the league or the Play Offs. A run in the Scottish Cup.

Everyone's just waiting for the wheels to come off, which only adds to the enjoyment when Stubbs' boys prove them wrong :thumbsup:
Winning is all that matters. With this Hibs team, you can normally expect a performance.

We said the same about the previous run of games (the semi, Morton and hearts) and came through it.

May the big games keep on coming. What a time to be a hibby at the moment

Craig_HFC
12-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Winning is all that matters. With this Hibs team, you can normally expect a performance

Starting with Livingston away tomorrow. Only after that should we think about Tuesday!

Yorkshire HFC
12-02-2016, 08:06 AM
What matters most is promotion - if we're a big club then we need to prove it - by playing in the top league. We just need to keep our heads down and keep working hard until we get there.

And winning the cup would be nice too!

Frazerbob
12-02-2016, 08:31 AM
What matters most is promotion - if we're a big club then we need to prove it - by playing in the top league. We just need to keep our heads down and keep working hard until we get there.

And winning the cup would be nice too!

I would take missing out on promotion if we won the Scottish Cup.

TrinityHibs
12-02-2016, 08:36 AM
Tuesdays game while important is just another part of the journey. The turning point came when we employed Leeann Dempster. We cannot underestimate what she has done for Hibs. Employing Alan Stubbs and his team has changed the fortune of the team beyond recognition. He has assembled a group of players we could only have dreamed about 2 years ago and instilled a team ethos that has been missing for years. Every week we can go and watch top quality players. In Cummings, Henderson and McGinn we have 3 of the most talented young players in Scotland who will go on to greater things. We have strength in depth across the squad, a midfield that is as good as any in Scotland and a team spirit that you cannot buy. I don't know if we will win or lose on Tuesday. What I do know is we will get a performance from the team that will make us proud. Regardless of what happens I will clap them off the pitch and will turn up for the next game confident that the journey will continue. I am now playing the playlist in the car which I made for the Celtc cup final and will be updating it for the Ross County game. How times have changed.

As Bad Martini once sang in The Leith San Siro Hibees "Dark days are behind us and the glory days returned the greatest team in Scotland is once again reborn" I cannot argue with that.

Oh and if we lose I will be able to deal with that as we will still have John McGinn (and his song) who is worth the price of a ticket on his own. I'm loving it.:flag::flag::flag:

Dan Sarf
12-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Tuesdays game while important is just another part of the journey. The turning point came when we employed Leeann Dempster. We cannot underestimate what she has done for Hibs. Employing Alan Stubbs and his team has changed the fortune of the team beyond recognition. He has assembled a group of players we could only have dreamed about 2 years ago and instilled a team ethos that has been missing for years. Every week we can go and watch top quality players. In Cummings, Henderson and McGinn we have 3 of the most talented young players in Scotland who will go on to greater things. We have strength in depth across the squad, a midfield that is as good as any in Scotland and a team spirit that you cannot buy. I don't know if we will win or lose on Tuesday. What I do know is we will get a performance from the team that will make us proud. Regardless of what happens I will clap them off the pitch and will turn up for the next game confident that the journey will continue. I am now playing the playlist in the car which I made for the Celtc cup final and will be updating it for the Ross County game. How times have changed.

As Bad Martini once sang in The Leith San Siro Hibees "Dark days are behind us and the glory days returned the greatest team in Scotland is once again reborn" I cannot argue with that.

Oh and if we lose I will be able to deal with that as we will still have John McGinn (and his song) who is worth the price of a ticket on his own. I'm loving it.:flag::flag::flag:

:top marks