PDA

View Full Version : NHC Adam Johnson sacked by Sunderland

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Nae great surprise.

Shrekko
11-02-2016, 09:49 PM
Nae great surprise.
BIG Scottish club already showing an interest apparently....

Sir David Gray
No way he could have continued at a club like Sunderland after admitting to such a serious offence.

He could very well end up with a custodial sentence after his trial has finished in a few weeks' time although no doubt there will be a club somewhere looking to snap him up at some point.

Career and reputation is in complete ruins though.

iwasthere1972
Nothing else they could do now that he's admitted it. May be the end of his career as I can't see any club now employing him. Probably avoid a prison sentence too.

11-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Only BIG clubs employ sex offenders . . . .

cabbageandribs1875

a club that employs sex offenders ? play in dark pink ?

Ozyhibby

Really BIG? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2016, 09:53 PM
nicholson will be touching himself at the thought of it

WWFTWTG
11-02-2016, 10:10 PM
a club that employs sex offenders ? play in dark pink ?

****** does not show on a dark pink jersey

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-02-2016, 10:27 PM

He looks like Craig Gordon.

MWHIBBIES
11-02-2016, 10:31 PM
Yet Hearts didn't get rid of Thomson for over 12 months...

Tinribs
11-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Yet Hearts didn't get rid of Thomson for over 12 months...

Same for Adam Johnson, suspended briefly in March last year then reinstated.

Zazu62
11-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Will he get the jail ?

MWHIBBIES
11-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Same for Adam Johnson, suspended briefly in March last year then reinstated.He wasn't convicted of anything then though, innocent until proven guilty. Hearts employed Thomson for over a year when he was on the sex offenders register.

lucky
11-02-2016, 11:05 PM
He's admitted 1 offense of sex with a minor and 1 of grooming. He's facing 2 more charges at court on Friday. Id imagine he's already facing jail but until the details of the full case are heard it's difficult to say long he'll get. But I doubt he will play professional football again.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Hearts will sign him :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
11-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Will he get the jail ?

He's admitted sex with a minor and grooming, so there must be every chance.

Craigmount Hibs
11-02-2016, 11:29 PM

What, of the poppy thieves trying to sign him?

silverhibee
11-02-2016, 11:39 PM
What are the other charges he has pleaded not guilty to.

Hibernia&Alba
11-02-2016, 11:41 PM
What are the other charges he has pleaded not guilty to.
Two further charges of sex with a minor.

HappyAsHellas
11-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Stealing poppies and playing in a $%^&hole

Hannah_hfc
12-02-2016, 04:32 AM
As with the ched Evans scenario, any club attempting to sign him will face a major backlash.

I can see his professional football career being well and truly over.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Aldo
12-02-2016, 06:55 AM
Sexual activity with a minor and grooming. I wonder how the activity is described. I am sure if it was intercourse it would of been reported as that surely??

KWJ
12-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Spot the difference

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35546894

vs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13901775

Onceinawhile
12-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Sexual activity with a minor and grooming. I wonder how the activity is described. I am sure if it was intercourse it would of been reported as that surely??

Think you are right.

Sunderland did well to sack him. Too many clubs these days would have been hoping he could redeem himself.

Onion
12-02-2016, 07:09 AM

Up to 2.5 years for the offences he's admitted to. Up to 14 years for the one's he's denied. So every chance he'll soon be playing for Jail United.

Pete
12-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Think you are right.

Sunderland did well to sack him. Too many clubs these days would have been hoping he could redeem himself.

Really? I don't know one club that would...

..sorry scrub that. I know one that probably would.

Platinum Scotty
12-02-2016, 07:13 AM
guidelines on sentencing for the grooming offence giving a maximum of two years and six months.

will be interesting to see what he actually gets - as that's for grooming, if he admits to kissing and/or touching her too...surely he is over the maximum and if he gets guilty on the other two...must be a longer sentence again...........mind you its the legal system, could get away with a suspended sentence with some of the judges!

Thecat23
12-02-2016, 07:19 AM
He will never play professional football again.

He can stick to playing FIFA U16 😁

Big_Franck
12-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Always thought he looked like a jambo.

Cabbage East
12-02-2016, 07:47 AM
"There was only really ever one club for me."

SeanWilson
12-02-2016, 07:57 AM

No, he hasn't

Bostonhibby
12-02-2016, 08:05 AM
Not sure he's yam class they've already ticked the knowingly signing then continuing to employ the convicted sex offenders box. They've then moved on to stealing money from charities, who knows what's next? Keep your dog on a lead.

BoomtownHibees
12-02-2016, 08:11 AM

Think you need to watch your wording as the above isn't actually true

HibbySpurs
12-02-2016, 08:19 AM
No shock, only choice Sunderland had was to sack him and quite rightly so.

These guys are role models for young aspiring players and those youngsters need to be shown that this type of behavior is totally unacceptable and it will end your career in football.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2016, 08:24 AM
What's the actual story here? I've not really read anything about it. Did he meet her in a pub/club and was ignorant of her age? Or is it the Craig Thomson scenario when he knew what he was up to and carried on regardless?

Fwiw I'd be terrified to be a younger guy who was single these days. I see girls around my area who I know are between 14 and 17 and they look about 25 when they get dressed up, regularly drink in pubs and are out in clubs and so on. Whilst not excusing the actions of guys who end up in situations like Johnsons it must be a total minefield.

SlickShoes
12-02-2016, 08:33 AM
What's the actual story here? I've not really read anything about it. Did he meet her in a pub/club and was ignorant of her age? Or is it the Craig Thomson scenario when he knew what he was up to and carried on regardless?

Fwiw I'd be terrified to be a younger guy who was single these days. I see girls around my area who I know are between 14 and 17 and they look about 25 when they get dressed up, regularly drink in pubs and are out in clubs and so on. Whilst not excusing the actions of guys who end up in situations like Johnsons it must be a total minefield.

He admitted he knew she was 15, he is 28 now possibly was 27 at the time. No excuses, he is the adult in this situation and should never have had any sort of romantic relationship with her under any circumstances.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2016, 08:35 AM
He admitted he knew she was 15, he is 28 now possibly was 27 at the time. No excuses, he is the adult in this situation and should never have had any sort of romantic relationship with her under any circumstances.

Absolutely agree, it's his responsibility to be aware of her age and when he is aware to act accordingly.

I was only making the point that it must be difficult for young guys, not that Johnson is that young, to negotiate what can be a tricky path.

Allant1981
12-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Makes you wonder what goes through peoples brains, he knew she was only 15 yet still went ahead with it, he must have known it was going to end badly

Steve-O
12-02-2016, 09:21 AM
guidelines on sentencing for the grooming offence giving a maximum of two years and six months.

will be interesting to see what he actually gets - as that's for grooming, if he admits to kissing and/or touching her too...surely he is over the maximum and if he gets guilty on the other two...must be a longer sentence again...........mind you its the legal system, could get away with a suspended sentence with some of the judges!

Considering it's a first offence and appears to be very much the lower end of the scale, it seems unlikely a hefty sentence will follow. If he is found guilty on the other charges though, he'll be looking at longer.

Are the other charges for actual sex?

jacomo
12-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Absolutely agree, it's his responsibility to be aware of her age and when he is aware to act accordingly.

I was only making the point that it must be difficult for young guys, not that Johnson is that young, to negotiate what can be a tricky path.

The legal system would treat him differently if Johnson were a teenager himself.

The law is imperfect but exists to protect those who are young and vulnerable to exploitation (even though they try and act much older than their years). If he could show that he genuinely believed her to be 19 or 20 or whatever then he may be treated more leniently but doesn't sound like that's the case.

Having said all that, and regardless of his admission of guilt, I still feel slightly uncomfortable that Sunderland have sacked him before the court proceedings have finished.

Billychaotic182
12-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Spot the difference

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35546894

vs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13901775

That mafia line still cracks me up haha

lucky
12-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Apparently he's admitted kissing a 15 year old and grooming. Turned up at court with his girlfriend.

Steve-O
12-02-2016, 10:16 AM
The legal system would treat him differently if Johnson were a teenager himself.

The law is imperfect but exists to protect those who are young and vulnerable to exploitation (even though they try and act much older than their years). If he could show that he genuinely believed her to be 19 or 20 or whatever then he may be treated more leniently but doesn't sound like that's the case.

Having said all that, and regardless of his admission of guilt, I still feel slightly uncomfortable that Sunderland have sacked him before the court proceedings have finished.

They've sacked him because he's obviously told him he was pleading not guilty to all charges. He's now changed his story. After sticking by him, they're clearly saving face now.

Smartie
12-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Apparently he's admitted kissing a 15 year old and grooming. Turned up at court with his girlfriend.

You really have to admire the mental and emotional courage of such a strong woman to stick by her millionaire footballer boyfriend through such an ordeal.

robinp
12-02-2016, 10:46 AM

We will find out pretty soon if it's speculation or fact, the consensus online (before the evidence is pulled by mods on reddit/twitter/other forums) it stemmed from a social media interaction on snap chat. I don't want to go into too much detail as I know the whole subject is off limits other than a few sticky threads by the mods on the Sunderland forum due to serious legal concerns as the trial is ongoing.

Given he has pled guilty to the grooming charge and he has pled guilty to the charge of kissing and touching, if the scenario I mention above is true, she's let on about her age at some point and he's carried on regardless. Similarly, if the girl, who has been named online, is who they are saying, and the pictures of her online are accurate, she does not look 15, not that I condone this one bit!!!

The other 2 charges relate to penetration on 2 scales of severity, I presume one by sex and the other not, that will be detailed today in court.

I appreciate this is a family forum, feel free to delete PB if need be or if you have legal concerns.

edit: I've edited my post anyway to be safe.

Live blog is available here:
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/live/event?1834584

Second edit: Looks like my speculative post was correct:
Kate Blackwell QC: "AJ messaged the girl on social media and asked for her mobile number. After he proved he was who he said he was, he gave his personal telephone details to her and suggested that she contact him, so she did."

Read more: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/live/event#ixzz3zxBetEKb

SlickShoes
12-02-2016, 10:59 AM
Doesn't matter what age she "looks" in some photos, from court just now:

"One of the messages is from Johnson referring to whether she still went to school, and she confirmed which year she was in."

jacomo
12-02-2016, 11:00 AM
They've sacked him because he's obviously told him he was pleading not guilty to all charges. He's now changed his story. After sticking by him, they're clearly saving face now.

That would make sense.

robinp
12-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Doesn't matter what age she "looks" in some photos, from court just now:

"One of the messages is from Johnson referring to whether she still went to school, and she confirmed which year she was in."

Looks like everything I posted then removed is playing out in court, pretty grim reading, what a fool!

Betty Boop
12-02-2016, 11:30 AM
You really have to admire the mental and emotional courage of such a strong woman to stick by her millionaire footballer boyfriend through such an ordeal.

Couldn't agree more, although I doubt his money has much to do with it.

Hibs Class
12-02-2016, 11:33 AM

I agree, esp. re the bit in bold. Then you read another recent story like this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35437118

and it really makes you wonder

Brightside
12-02-2016, 11:37 AM
a text he sent her on New Years Eve.... "When are you 16" "November" Christ on a bike - id say he's is going away for a good stretch now.

jacomo
12-02-2016, 11:38 AM
I agree, esp. re the bit in bold. Then you read another recent story like this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35437118

and it really makes you wonder

Makes you wonder what?

This guy walked free from court after being found not to break the law. But, in my book, his behaviour was clearly exploitative and, given the ages involved, pretty deplorable.

I have to admit that, based on media reports, I find the verdict difficult to understand.

macca70
12-02-2016, 11:39 AM
He wasn't convicted of anything then though, innocent until proven guilty. Hearts employed Thomson for over a year when he was on the sex offenders register.

He didnt need to be convicted, he pled guilty, he must have knew all along he was guilty but decided not to tell Sunderland and milk a few more months wages to tuck away knowing he'd be sacked when he eventually pled guilty.

Lago
12-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Makes you wonder what goes through peoples brains, he knew she was only 15 yet still went ahead with it, he must have known it was going to end badly
Standing c***k has no conscious.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2016, 12:06 PM
a text he sent her on New Years Eve.... "When are you 16" "November" Christ on a bike - id say he's is going away for a good stretch now.

Jeezo. That's grim.

And having just read some of the Guardians journo who is in courts tweets that's mild. What a ****ing creep.

Brightside
12-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Jeezo. That's grim.

He actually did an internet search on Age of Consent...

essexhibee
12-02-2016, 12:19 PM
If you want to know the full story suggest for those on twitter look up @JoshHalliday.... a journo with the Guardian tweeting live updates.

Confirms the disgusting nature of the whole situation. Johnson will be going to prison for a number of years.

Future17
12-02-2016, 12:59 PM
If you want to know the full story suggest for those on twitter look up @JoshHalliday.... a journo with the Guardian tweeting live updates.

Confirms the disgusting nature of the whole situation. Johnson will be going to prison for a number of years.

That really depends on what is proven in the eyes of the jury. As disgusting as his behaviour undoubtedly is, if he isn't convicted of having some form of sex with the girl in question, I doubt he'd get that length of sentence.

Hibernia&Alba
12-02-2016, 01:07 PM
No, he hasn't

Think you need to watch your wording as the above isn't actually true

That's fair enough, you're right. He's admitted to 'sexual activity', whereas I said sex.

H18 SFR
12-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Just read and watched reports in the news re today in court. He is going to get hammered, totally hammered.

SeanWilson
12-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Just read and watched reports in the news re today in court. He is going to get hammered, totally hammered.

He won't though. I would be very surprised if he's found guilty of the other charges, given he's pled guilty to the lesser charges.

Hibs Class
12-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Makes you wonder what?

This guy walked free from court after being found not to break the law. But, in my book, his behaviour was clearly exploitative and, given the ages involved, pretty deplorable.

I have to admit that, based on media reports, I find the verdict difficult to understand.

The quote I replied to was about it being his responsibility to be aware of her age. The link I posted was to a case where a 57 year old man had sex with a 13 year old that he found via a "sugar daddy" website. Leaving morality aside, what it made we wonder was how Doug Richard avoided conviction under those circumstances. I think the US has statutory rape laws where the age of the minor is key, not how old they looked. I don't think Britain does, which may be partly why Richard was acquitted.

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2016, 02:34 PM
After the case he wants to sign for Man U, they have had players young blind and keane.

CRAZYHIBBY
12-02-2016, 02:56 PM
What a complete idiot .....thrown away his entire career and reputation for a school girl

jacomo
12-02-2016, 03:07 PM
The quote I replied to was about it being his responsibility to be aware of her age. The link I posted was to a case where a 57 year old man had sex with a 13 year old that he found via a "sugar daddy" website. Leaving morality aside, what it made we wonder was how Doug Richard avoided conviction under those circumstances. I think the US has statutory rape laws where the age of the minor is key, not how old they looked. I don't think Britain does, which may be partly why Richard was acquitted.

Thanks.

Have to admit, I do not know enough about differences in US and UK law here.

Sir David Gray
12-02-2016, 06:41 PM
I've just read the BBC article detailing what he's been accused of doing with the girl. If he's found guilty of this then I would imagine that he'll be locked up for a considerable length of time.

The things he's allegedly said and done are quite shocking.

Danderhall Hibs
12-02-2016, 06:49 PM
I've just read the BBC article detailing what he's been accused of doing with the girl. If he's found guilty of this then I would imagine that he'll be locked up for a considerable length of time.

The things he's allegedly said and done are quite shocking.

Just read the boy from the guardians timeline from court today. The statements being made and the evidence such as the Google search for age of consent etc are pretty damning.

Not sure what the sentence is for how far (he says) he took it but at the very least he should be given 5 minutes with the lassies old man.

3pm
12-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Just read the boy from the guardians timeline from court today. The statements being made and the evidence such as the Google search for age of consent etc are pretty damning.

Not sure what the sentence is for how far (he says) he took it but at the very least he should be given 5 minutes with the lassies old man.

Think I heard a maximum of 14 years the other day (for the charges he's admitted to).