PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiosity

Billy Whizz
11-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Have any season ticket holders not booked their seat for Tuesday

Onceinawhile
11-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Myself and my two sons in the FF lower. Theu have school/nursery the next day so aren't going. I'm in the East.

My father isn't getting his either. He's moved East to FF upper and bought two there.

So that's at least 4

I'm_cabbaged
11-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Myself and my two sons in the FF lower. Theu have school/nursery the next day so aren't going. I'm in the East.

My father isn't getting his either. He's moved East to FF upper and bought two there.

So that's at least 4
Can you still buy your seat? I'm ok, my pal and his laddie missed out though, he thought the general sale never started till Friday 😞

iwasthere1972
11-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Have any season ticket holders not booked their seat for Tuesday

Me and my brother but doing both tonight or tomorrow.

Onceinawhile
11-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Can you still buy your seat? I'm ok, my pal and his laddie missed out though, he thought the general sale never started till Friday 😞

Sorry mate, literally just let my mate and his son get them.

I'm_cabbaged
11-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Sorry mate, literally just let my mate and his son get them.

👍

scoopyboy
11-02-2016, 07:44 PM
I wonder if there are guys with the cup top up who cannot go. Their seats would not be released on Friday/Saturday.

If there are they could maybe contact the club and the seats could be sold, it might get an extra few people in.

Nevi_SOL
11-02-2016, 07:46 PM
looking for a few tickets don't have to be beside each other.I missed out due to work :(
If anyone could help out much appreciated.

Billy Whizz
11-02-2016, 07:48 PM
I wonder if there are guys with the cup top up who cannot go.

If there are they could maybe contact the club and the seats could be sold, it might get an extra few people in.

There's an old lad that sits In front on me who has cup top up. He lives in Renfrew and can sometimes struggle to get to ER for night matches, as he cant get the last bus home. I work his online account for away matches. He however doesn't have a phone. I just book them online, and get the posted to him. Other than writing him a letter, I've no way of getting in touch with him

I'm_cabbaged
11-02-2016, 07:48 PM
I wonder if there are guys with the cup top up who cannot go. Their seats would not be released on Friday/Saturday.

Good shout, that one. I'm sure there used be a system in place that if you couldn't use your ST that the club would sell your seat and give you the money minus an admin charge

HibbyKeith
11-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Good shout, that one. I'm sure there used be a system in place that if you couldn't use your ST that the club would sell your seat and give you the money minus an admin charge

Cant see the club wanting to use that system for cup games via cup top up. It works for League matches where you have paid in advance for X amount of matches so would be more eligible for a refund.

I know that's the nature of the beast when it comes to the cup top up, just a total gamble with the club gaining more from it than the fans in recent years, but this season the club will be losing money from top up's with so many games at home and with the Scottish cup giving us another home match should we get through next Tuesday's tie, I just cant see them handing money back.

Pat s 4
11-02-2016, 08:31 PM
looking for a few tickets don't have to be beside each other.I missed out due to work :(
If anyone could help out much appreciated.
I have one client ref no . I can give somebody,

Ronniekirk
11-02-2016, 08:45 PM
There's an old lad that sits In front on me who has cup top up. He lives in Renfrew and can sometimes struggle to get to ER for night matches, as he cant get the last bus home. I work his online account for away matches. He however doesn't have a phone. I just book them online, and get the posted to him. Other than writing him a letter, I've no way of getting in touch with him

If you have his address I will nip round to his house

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nevi_SOL
11-02-2016, 08:47 PM
I have one client ref no . I can give somebody,

will pm you

jgl07
11-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Cant see the club wanting to use that system for cup games via cup top up. It works for League matches where you have paid in advance for X amount of matches so would be more eligible for a refund.

I know that's the nature of the beast when it comes to the cup top up, just a total gamble with the club gaining more from it than the fans in recent years, but this season the club will be losing money from top up's with so many games at home and with the Scottish cup giving us another home match should we get through next Tuesday's tie, I just cant see them handing money back.
Indeed, but why would the club sell on seats of season ticket holders for a League match if there were still thousands of seats unsold?

It seems self defeating from the club's perspective unless the match was already sold out or was certain to sell out. Hibs have not sold out a League match since the East Stand was opened, and I suspect not since the West Stand opened.

Manchester City operate a ticket exchange system for League matches. Basically they add the seat to the ticket planner and if it sells, you received around 1/19th of the season ticket price back. This is not paid in cash but is deducted from the cost of renewal of the season ticket next season. If the ticket does not sell you get nothing.

Sir David Gray
11-02-2016, 08:49 PM
I haven't booked mine yet but it will be done by 3pm on Saturday.

Billy Whizz
11-02-2016, 08:50 PM
If you have his address I will nip round to his house

Ronnie I do

Sprouleflyer
11-02-2016, 08:51 PM
I haven't booked mine yet but it will be done by 3pm on Saturday.

Will that not be too late?

I thought all unsold ST seats go on general sale tomorrow?

Sir David Gray
11-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Will that not be too late?

I thought all unsold ST seats go on general sale tomorrow?

Hibs announced earlier today that the deadline's been extended until 3pm on Saturday.

Ronniekirk
11-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Ronnie I do

Thought you were proposing there green grin
I am sorted but am happy to do anything I can to assist someone else go If yo pm him and ask if he can make his own way to the game I can give him a lift back but if he doesn't want to go or you can't contact him and get a reply I can visit him tomorrow night and if not in leave a note through the door

Billy Whizz
11-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Thought you were proposing there green grin
I am sorted but am happy to do anything I can to assist someone else go If yo pm him and ask if he can make his own way to the game I can give him a lift back but if he doesn't want to go or you can't contact him and get a reply I can visit him tomorrow night and if not in leave a note through the door

Ronnie, PM him! He doesn't have a phone or a PC. I usually see him at all the home games, but it's been a few weeks since we've had a game at ER. As I said I could send him a letter, with a stamped address envelope, not sure when I'd get it back though😄

Ronniekirk
11-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Ronnie, PM him! He doesn't have a phone or a PC. I usually see him at all the home games, but it's been a few weeks since we've had a game at ER. As I said I could send him a letter, with a stamped address envelope, not sure when I'd get it back though[emoji1]

I will pm you

Billy Whizz
11-02-2016, 09:02 PM
I will pm you

Better to text

Sprouleflyer
11-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Hibs announced earlier today that the deadline's been extended until 3pm on Saturday.

:aok:

Didn't notice the extension, good to see that they are looking after ST holders who are having problems getting a ticket for their kids.

Ronniekirk
11-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Better to text

Pm sent but will text as your in box is always Chioca

jodjam
11-02-2016, 09:16 PM
One in our group not going so will be at least one ticket released

Billy Whizz
11-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Pm sent but will text as your in box is always Chioca

Wish it was

HibbyKeith
11-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Indeed, but why would the club sell on seats of season ticket holders for a League match if there were still thousands of seats unsold?

It seems self defeating from the club's perspective unless the match was already sold out or was certain to sell out. Hibs have not sold out a League match since the East Stand was opened, and I suspect not since the West Stand opened.

Manchester City operate a ticket exchange system for League matches. Basically they add the seat to the ticket planner and if it sells, you received around 1/19th of the season ticket price back. This is not paid in cash but is deducted from the cost of renewal of the season ticket next season. If the ticket does not sell you get nothing.

I wasn't very clear, but I was viewing it hypothetically if Tuesday's ticket dilemma was a league match. I agree that it's only viable in the event of us actually selling out league games.

GGTTH07
11-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Anyone not using there season ticket? Need 3 tickets! If anyone could help that'd be appreciated.

DH1875
11-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Bollocks to this, due to a major cock-up it looks like I'm looking for 1 ticket for myself. If ST holders are buying their seats for guys on here then pretty pretty please, with cheese on top can someone help me out.

scoopyboy
11-02-2016, 11:40 PM

I never said the club should hand money back.

I said if a season ticket holder with a top up couldn't attend then he could let the club know.

The club could sell the seat to a person who wants a ticket.

The season ticket holder doesn't lose anything as he can't go.

Another fan gets to attend the game.

The club gain the price of the ticket.

Two winners, no losers.

HibbyKeith
11-02-2016, 11:46 PM
I never said the club should hand money back.

I said if a season ticket holder with a top up couldn't attend then he could let the club know.

The club could sell the seat to a person who wants a ticket.

The season ticket holder doesn't lose anything as he can't go.

Another fan gets to attend the game.

The club gain the price of the ticket.

Two winners, no losers.
I never said you did.

Don't disagree with your idea though, anything to create revenue and ensure every seat is filled.

scoopyboy
11-02-2016, 11:50 PM
I never said you did.

Don't disagree with your idea though, anything to create revenue and ensure every seat is filled.

I must have got my wires crossed Keith.

In the last line of the post I replied to you said I can't see them handing money back, I thought you were referring to the club giving money back to the fan.

HibbyKeith
11-02-2016, 11:56 PM
No worries mate, I was talking about the fan getting money back but it was replying to I'm_Cabbaged reply on the back of your first post about the idea.

All too confusing at this time of night. 😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
12-02-2016, 12:01 AM
:
No worries mate, I was talking about the fan getting money back but it was replying to I'm_Cabbaged reply on the back of your first post about the idea.

All too confusing at this time of night. 

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

:aok:

.Sean.
12-02-2016, 07:01 AM
I'm away with work next week but my mate is using my ticket. Everyone in my group had also bought their seat. I don't envisage many at all becoming available.

woodythehibee
12-02-2016, 08:27 AM
If anyone has a client ref send me a pm. I'm sorted but my brother missed the boat for this one. Cheers

Nevi_SOL
12-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Someone has been kind enough to offer me their client ref number, but when I'm at basket it comes up saying access added to card(no fee) is there a way around this, I haven't seen the drop down menu

Pat s 4
13-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Nevi sol, did you manage to get a ticket ?