PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Master/Hibs e-Ticketing

Hibee87
11-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know if Ticketmaster charge much for using their system?

I have seen some people complaining about Hibs tickets and how the online is not working. As far as I know its all run by Ticketmaster and presumably we either, pay for the privilage or they take a percent of overall sales - say 2 or 3 %?

My question really being is maybe if Hibs moved away from the 'corporate' system and brought it in house things would maybe not be so bad

mvteng
11-02-2016, 01:14 PM
I had no problems online last night buying tickets for myself & 2 kids for the derby.

However, I do regularly take one of my kids pals & every time have to phone the ticket office rather than buy his ticket online.

The very nice lady at the ticket office told me that is Hibs who have restricted the online sales of kids tickets as it was felt the system was being abused.

In this case, the Ticketmaster system is doing exactly what is required, & cant really be blamed.

Jack
11-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know if Ticketmaster charge much for using their system?

I have seen some people complaining about Hibs tickets and how the online is not working. As far as I know its all run by Ticketmaster and presumably we either, pay for the privilage or they take a percent of overall sales - say 2 or 3 %?

My question really being is maybe if Hibs moved away from the 'corporate' system and brought it in house things would maybe not be so bad

Hibs pay an agreed sum each year so that the supporters don't take the hit on top of their ticket price.

This was negotiated some years back after supporters were whinging their boobs off at the extra cost being added to their tickets.

I'm sure both Hibs and Ticketmaster have done their homework. Hibs to see how much it would cost to install and maintain a ticketing system or if they could get the same service elsewhere and Ticketmaster to make sure they are charging as much as they think they can get away with.

It would seem at the moment the balance lies with staying with a trusted worldwide event ticketing company.

Ozyhibby
11-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Hearts fans are having to pay a £1.50 booking fee for their online ticket purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
11-02-2016, 04:05 PM
I had no problems online last night buying tickets for myself & 2 kids for the derby.

However, I do regularly take one of my kids pals & every time have to phone the ticket office rather than buy his ticket online.

The very nice lady at the ticket office told me that is Hibs who have restricted the online sales of kids tickets as it was felt the system was being abused.

In this case, the Ticketmaster system is doing exactly what is required, & cant really be blamed.

I have wasted hours on the phone and at ER trying to get a ticket for the third kid in my party. If this was Hibs rather than ticketmaster then I'm disgusted. There was some sort of info to email enquiries on an earlier thread but I can see that on the official site. Surely something should be on the front page of the official site guarantying a ticket to those kids set to miss out who have made contact with Hibs.

This is complicated if they sell the ticket as the game is sold out but even the offer of a ticket in the executive area would be useless as I would need 4.

Get it sorted Hibs. This is a PR disaster in the making and it is being handled appallingly at present.

Golden Bear
11-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Hearts fans are having to pay a £1.50 booking fee for their online ticket purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent news. I particularly like the idea of THEM paying extra to see their team get beat.

:aok:

mvteng
11-02-2016, 04:27 PM
I have wasted hours on the phone and at ER trying to get a ticket for the third kid in my party. If this was Hibs rather than ticketmaster then I'm disgusted. There was some sort of info to email enquiries on an earlier thread but I can see that on the official site. Surely something should be on the front page of the official site guarantying a ticket to those kids set to miss out who have made contact with Hibs.

This is complicated if they sell the ticket as the game is sold out but even the offer of a ticket in the executive area would be useless as I would need 4.

Get it sorted Hibs. This is a PR disaster in the making and it is being handled appallingly at present.

If this is the same issue as per every other home game (& I'm not saying that it definitely is) then yes, it is a decision made by Hibs that they do not want to sell more than 2 kids tickets online.

This has been the policy since the end of last year.

Its just not normally a big deal when buying tickets against Alloa,etc as its easy for those games just to get an extra ticket from the Ticket Office.

nellio
11-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Always works fine for me.

I've not had to buy any kids tickets though.

gegs70
11-02-2016, 04:41 PM
I was going to add that I have managed to sort out an adult and 2 kids ok online....I was just trying to go in to get one changed to an adult but have been unsuccessful in getting through to anyone.....I will try again tomorrow.

Onion
11-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Imagine the mayhem had Hibs tried to sell this game in phases using loyalty points ?

Golden Bear
11-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Imagine the mayhem had Hibs tried to sell this game in phases using loyalty points ?

It would have been mission impossible given the timescale involved.

It's a crazy scheme anyway.

:offski:

Hibby70
11-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Hibs need to introduce a Move Seat option for ST holders.

Bit like choosing your seat on a flight/cinema. Thus freeing up the ST seat if you are not using it.

KingFranck
11-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Hibs need to introduce a Move Seat option for ST holders.

Bit like choosing your seat on a flight/cinema. Thus freeing up the ST seat if you are not using it.

Is that cos you want to be in the East on Tuesday for a bounce and a sing song bro?

Hibby70
12-02-2016, 12:15 AM
Is that cos you want to be in the East on Tuesday for a bounce and a sing song bro?

Nah, I better stay where I am to ensure Jack and Victor behave themselves.

scoopyboy
12-02-2016, 11:05 AM
I bought my seat on Tuesday night but I haven't received a confirmation e-mail.

I'm sure I usually do, is anybody else the same?

Jack
12-02-2016, 12:03 PM

Have you checked your spam?

I assume as a ST person you'll not normally receive emails from that address and automated replies are often filtered out, some systems more than others.

PatHead
12-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Anyone managed to get into the site yet?

Keeps on telling me to log in and I am logged in already?

Gatecrasher
12-02-2016, 12:09 PM

You can log on the site and check your recent activity if you go into my account