PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

MKHIBEE
11-02-2016, 05:22 AM
I am travelling up for the replay and staying at the Edinburgh City hotel in Lauridton Place on Tuesday night.The hotel does not have parking, can anybody give me a heads up on parking around the hotel? Thanks in advance

Moulin Yarns
11-02-2016, 05:42 AM
Closest parking is on street in Laurieston Park, or if you want a car park, Castle Terrace or Semple Street.

http://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/edinburgh-castle-terrace/

How long will you need parking is a deciding factor.

hibbymick
11-02-2016, 05:57 AM
There's a hotel in the centre of the grass market but I can't remember it's name. Cheap parking last time I used it.

aarsan
11-02-2016, 06:41 AM
Underground car park just across the road. accessed from Reigo St.

lord bunberry
11-02-2016, 07:30 AM
I am travelling up for the replay and staying at the Edinburgh City hotel in Lauridton Place on Tuesday night.The hotel does not have parking, can anybody give me a heads up on parking around the hotel? Thanks in advance
It does have parking, there's a small car park as you go in round back.

Moulin Yarns
11-02-2016, 07:34 AM
Underground car park just across the road. accessed from Reigo St.

Signposted as Princes Exchange Parking.

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/riego_street/

Moulin Yarns
11-02-2016, 07:39 AM
It does have parking, there's a small car park as you go in round back.

Only 4 spaces!!! Probably staff parking.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2016, 08:59 AM
I would find a street space, which you will pay for until 630. You can leave it overnight, and get back to it before 830 next morning.

I often park round the corner from your hotel. Can't remember the name of the street, but it's the one with the eye hospital and St . Thomas' school.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TrinityHibs
11-02-2016, 09:13 AM
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20085/parking_spaces/507/parking_bay_locations

This is the link to the Council parking bay locations in the city centre. It looks like £2.40/hour between 8.30am and 6.30pm up near your hotel.

lord bunberry
11-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Only 4 spaces!!! Probably staff parking.
Cheers I didn't realise it was only 4 spaces. I'm not the most observant :greengrin

SmashinGlass
11-02-2016, 10:17 AM
I would find a street space, which you will pay for until 630. You can leave it overnight, and get back to it before 830 next morning.

I often park round the corner from your hotel. Can't remember the name of the street, but it's the one with the eye hospital and St . Thomas' school.

Chalmers St.

J-C
11-02-2016, 10:18 AM

You mean Chalmers Street, there are plenty spaces all over that area but it's been pointed out that you have to pay till 6.30pm and start paying again at 8.30am.

GreenCastle
11-02-2016, 10:29 AM

It's metered parking around there - 8.30am till 6.30pm at £2.40 an hour

You could feed the meter and move your car in-between or pay £26 for NCP 24 hours at Castle Terrace - http://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/edinburgh-castle-terrace/

Or park your car in a non metered area in Edinburgh and get a bus / taxi to the hotel - I would be tempted to do that if you don't need car during stay.

J-C
11-02-2016, 10:44 AM

You could feed the meter and move your car in-between or pay £26 for NCP 24 hours at Castle Terrace - http://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/edinburgh-castle-terrace/

Or park your car in a non metered area in Edinburgh and get a bus / taxi to the hotel - I would be tempted to do that if you don't need car during stay.

I took a couple from a central hotel up to Hermitage in Comiston, they had parked there car there, loads of free parking and just get a bus down to Tollcross.

Twiglet
11-02-2016, 01:07 PM
There's a Qpark at quartermile. It's at Simpson loan. £16 for 24 hours. Can't link on phone.
There's also the meadows which is cheaper and only til 5.30 and starts again at 8.30. If you want to avoid charges all together you need to go up to the Grange (right up Kilgraston road) and the charges stop at S Oswald St. Would be a fair walk though (i'll sometimes park there if I go to the gym at the meadows). A 41 will take from there to the meadows so only a short walk, 24 a bit longer on bus but will take you closer.

bod
11-02-2016, 01:24 PM

why not park a few streets up from the other side of the meadows & walkover to hotel prob about 15 mins but it'l save you a small fortune 7 clear the heed the morning after a few sherbits

Leith Mo
11-02-2016, 01:51 PM

Sent you a pm re help with parking.

MKHIBEE
11-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Thank you to all for your help, have opted to change to a cheaper hotel with parking, now I have to tell my wife! Appreciate the help.