PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris

Bracksy
10-02-2016, 12:21 PM
I know this is random, even more so with all the derby chat at the moment but, how is he even getting on at QoS?

I've not heard much which means that his Hibs days are probably over...?

Winston Ingram
10-02-2016, 12:28 PM
I know this is random, even more so with all the derby chat at the moment but, how is he even getting on at QoS?

I've made pretty much the same assumtion. Gutted for the boy. Completely destroyed by Butcher

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-02-2016, 12:29 PM
I've made pretty much the same assumtion. Gutted for the boy. Completely destroyed by Butcher

Destroyed by Shaun Hutchinson from Well as well.

Ozyhibby
10-02-2016, 12:29 PM

His Hibs days are definitely over, as are Stanton and Handlings. They will be paid out of their contracts or be loaned out for the remainder of their deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Platinum Scotty
10-02-2016, 12:32 PM
was just having a look at him via Google..........and bizarrely found this link...its his date of birth...

http://rangers.co.uk/talent/alex-harris/

Smartie
10-02-2016, 12:34 PM

Destroyed by Shaun Hutchinson from Well as well.

There have been a lot of players who have played under horrendous managers and had serious injuries who have managed to put it behind them and go on to succeed.

These things won't have helped but ultimately if he doesn't make it then it is because he isn't good enough and hasn't done well enough.

Bracksy
10-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Yeah I don't think a lot of that group (handling, Stanton etc) have shown enough in the last season and a half, to be honest we have replaced them with far superior players like McGinn, McGeouch and Henderson

KeithTheHibby
10-02-2016, 12:37 PM

Really? Alex Harris needs to grow a pair if you ask me. One **** manager and injury shouldn't turn you into a wreck of a player. If it does you are playing the wrong sport.

Deansy
10-02-2016, 12:38 PM
was just having a look at him via Google..........and bizarrely found this link...its his date of birth...

http://rangers.co.uk/talent/alex-harris/

Wtf ??

Craig_HFC
10-02-2016, 02:13 PM
To be honest his mental strength is pretty crap so that would seem to explain why he couldn't seem to get over his injury (albeit it was a bad one) and also why he can't get back to showing the potential he had after TB ruined him.

To make a further point; it shows that the decision to let James McDonagh (sp?) leave seems to be a decent one as he seemed to be coaching the U20's on how to win the U20's league etc rather than actually preparing the young players for first team football (which was actually his job).

How many of the players he coached have made it at Hibs and have been/are regular starters in the team under Stubbs? I think the grand total currently stands at 0.

There aren't too many of the players he coached that were released (Black, Baptie etc) that have went on to 'make it' in the first team of another club in the Premiership either.

hibbybob
10-02-2016, 02:49 PM
His Hibs days are definitely over, as are Stanton and Handlings. They will be paid out of their contracts or be loaned out for the remainder of their deals.

Strange if Handling is included as he was given a long term (??4 years) contract by Stubbs not that long ago.

The manager must see something in him to offer that sort of contract.

I always had high hopes for Sam Stanton. I hope he comes back a better player and shows us just how good he can be!

My_Wife_Camille
10-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Wtf ??
It's just a database of players. Change the name to pretty much anyone in Scotland and you'll get the same thing

Hibernian Verse
10-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Really? Alex Harris needs to grow a pair if you ask me. One **** manager and injury shouldn't turn you into a wreck of a player. If it does you are playing the wrong sport.

No one asked. You are making an assumption and know nothing of his circumstances, or clearly anything about his time at QOS which he is enjoying immensely.

brog
10-02-2016, 03:08 PM
To be honest his mental strength is pretty crap so that would seem to explain why he couldn't seem to get over his injury (albeit it was a bad one) and also why he can't get back to showing the potential he had after TB ruined him.

To make a further point; it shows that the decision to let James McDonagh (sp?) leave seems to be a decent one as he seemed to be coaching the U20's on how to win the U20's league etc rather than actually preparing the young players for first team football (which was actually his job).

How many of the players he coached have made it at Hibs and have been/are regular starters in the team under Stubbs? I think the grand total currently stands at 0.

There aren't too many of the players he coached that were released (Black, Baptie etc) that have went on to 'make it' in the first team of another club in the Premiership either.

Its a bit of a leap to link Alex H's lack of games at ER to James McD's departure. Lets wait a season or 2 & see how many development players make the breakthrough at ER & Falkirk.

Ozyhibby
10-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Strange if Handling is included as he was given a long term (??4 years) contract by Stubbs not that long ago.

The manager must see something in him to offer that sort of contract.

I always had high hopes for Sam Stanton. I hope he comes back a better player and shows us just how good he can be!

Handling's new deal was a bit of a mystery but fair play to Stubbs, he did not dwell on the error.
Out of the three, Handling was the one I thought had most chance but he never stepped up. Can you see any of those players bringing the level of intensity needed to play in the current Hibs midfield?

Ozyhibby
10-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Its a bit of a leap to link Alex H's lack of games at ER to James McD's departure. Lets wait a season or 2 & see how many development players make the breakthrough at ER & Falkirk.

James is first team coach at Falkirk.

brog
10-02-2016, 03:15 PM
James is first team coach at Falkirk.

I know & he's already blooded a 17yo striker vs Sevco. I'm using phone & hopeless with it so tried to keep brief. :-)

Craig_HFC
10-02-2016, 03:20 PM

I wasn't specifically talking about Harris, that's why I said 'to make a further point'.

hibsbollah
10-02-2016, 03:28 PM
I've always liked Harris. I'll be down in Dumfries for the game at the start of March which I'm looking forward to. Will he be able to play against us?

10-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Was never the same after his injury. When he came back his confidence seemed lower and was far too timid.

Feel sorry for the boy but can't see him pulling on a hibs jersey again.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Destroyed by Shaun Hutchinson from Well as well.Same as Ramsey was destroyed by Shawcross? No, he came back stronger and fitter. I feel for Harris but 1 bad injury isn't the reason for his loss of form.

brog
10-02-2016, 03:41 PM
I wasn't specifically talking about Harris, that's why I said 'to make a further point'.

I know but you also said J McD was trying to win U20 league rather than preparing players for 1st team. I can assure you thats nonsense. Where did you get that from?

fishybeaver
10-02-2016, 03:51 PM
No one asked. You are making an assumption and know nothing of his circumstances, or clearly anything about his time at QOS which he is enjoying immensely.

Last time QOTS were on the TV Harris was man of the match, guys got real talent, wether Hibs will benifit from it in the long run is the question, but he has more than enough to be in the proffessional ranks for a good few years.

cammy1969
10-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Is the hearts game on tv tonite ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shamo9
10-02-2016, 04:31 PM
I've always liked Harris. I'll be down in Dumfries for the game at the start of March which I'm looking forward to. Will he be able to play against us?

No.

We're not run by idiots anymore a la Booth helping Raith Rovers knock us out of the Scottish Cup while on loan.

Craig_HFC
10-02-2016, 04:37 PM
I know but you also said J McD was trying to win U20 league rather than preparing players for 1st team. I can assure you thats nonsense. Where did you get that from?

Just my opinion. The players that came up to the first team looked nowhere near ready, hence my opinion.

greenlex
10-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Handling's new deal was a bit of a mystery but fair play to Stubbs, he did not dwell on the error.
Out of the three, Handling was the one I thought had most chance but he never stepped up. Can you see any of those players bringing the level of intensity needed to play in the current Hibs midfield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Bit harsh on Handling. He had a serious injury early in the season during a first team start. What makes you think he couldn't have made a positive contribution this season.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHandling played plenty of games last season during our best run including the 4-0 win over Rangers. He hasn't played this season because he is injured.

Thecat23
10-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Bit harsh on Handling. He had a serious injury early in the season during a first team start. What makes you think he couldn't have made a positive contribution this season.

I watched him in God know how many games before and he's offered very little. I think when Stubbs came in Hibs agreed to give Danny the deal so went through with it.

On the showing of his previous games he's no where near as good as what we have now. That's why him, Harris and Stanton were told they are allowed to find a club if they wanted as they wouldn't be playing weekly.

Hope all three get something but Stubbs is spot on looking to being in better because these guys weren't doing in down here which was a worry.

Ozyhibby
10-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Bit harsh on Handling. He had a serious injury early in the season during a first team start. What makes you think he couldn't have made a positive contribution this season.

Because Stubbs had told him he could leave before his injury.
If they did not have contracts, all three would have been released in the summer.

HoboHarry
10-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Because Stubbs had told him he could leave before his injury.
If they did not have contracts, all three would have been released in the summer.

Did AS not also tell them they were welcome to stay and fight for their places? He was effectively challenging them to step up......

Alfred E Newman
10-02-2016, 05:49 PM

Dearie me.

Big L
10-02-2016, 06:01 PM
It''s difficult to criticise Stubbs but it's also difficult to understand why every young player that was breaking thru prior to relegation has been dumped. These players were supposed to be the next generation of top Hibs players. My abiding memory of Harris was the night game against Motherwell when he first broke in to the team and that 60 yard lung burstin run, how can you lose such talent ? It looks as if a descision was taken to dump them all and I find that all very strange especially when Stubbs built his rep on producing young players.

Thecat23
10-02-2016, 06:17 PM
It''s difficult to criticise Stubbs but it's also difficult to understand why every young player that was breaking thru prior to relegation has been dumped. These players were supposed to be the next generation of top Hibs players. My abiding memory of Harris was the night game against Motherwell when he first broke in to the team and that 60 yard lung burstin run, how can you lose such talent ? It looks as if a descision was taken to dump them all and I find that all very strange especially when Stubbs built his rep on producing young players.

If that's the only memory you have I think that says it all. Quality young players stand out in loads of games. Sadly all three just aren't good enough. How many games did we come away in this league saying "he was great or he was the difference?" Sadly they didn't step up when needed and if I'm honest it's night and day between what I'm watching now and what I was watching.

Some folk just can't get their heads around that these players are not good enough when asked to step up and play for Hibs. Yes the odd flash here and there is fine but we needed them badly and more often than not were posted missing.

Again I don't see any of them playing beyond the summer for Hibs and I very much doubt they will go on to better than Hibs either. It sounds harsh but it's football and the coaches in now will know talent when they see it.

Scorrie
10-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Is the hearts game on tv tonite ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. On Radio Scotland though I think

cammy1969
10-02-2016, 06:24 PM
No. On Radio Scotland though I think

Thank you scorrie

Ozyhibby
10-02-2016, 06:28 PM
If that's the only memory you have I think that says it all. Quality young players stand out in loads of games. Sadly all three just aren't good enough. How many games did we come away in this league saying "he was great or he was the difference?" Sadly they didn't step up when needed and if I'm honest it's night and day between what I'm watching now and what I was watching.

Some folk just can't get their heads around that these players are not good enough when asked to step up and play for Hibs. Yes the odd flash here and there is fine but we needed them badly and more often than not were posted missing.

Again I don't see any of them playing beyond the summer for Hibs and I very much doubt they will go on to better than Hibs either. It sounds harsh but it's football and the coaches in now will know talent when they see it.

It was the same with Booth. Every time he came near the end of a loan spell, people would be on here talking about him coming back and doing a job for us.

et_hibby
10-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Agree with this. Handling I hope could, at least, be a squad player over the run-in.

Big L
10-02-2016, 06:46 PM

What I meant was that was the first time I had seen him but more important is the fact Stubbs doesn't play wingers at all.

Smartie
10-02-2016, 06:47 PM
It was the same with Booth. Every time he came near the end of a loan spell, people would be on here talking about him coming back and doing a job for us.

Possibly just me but I never really felt Booth ever let us down.

I don't remember any horror shows - yes he made the odd mistake but he was generally sound enough.

I also thought he was immense in the game vs Falkirk at ER early last season when he came in due to Stevenson's suspension. We destroyed Falkirk down the left side that day, it was a miracle we didn't manage to score.

He probably wanted to move on (and to be fair to him, since he left he's been playing every week at a higher level than us) but I'd have been happy to keep him as cover for Stevenson and to challenge him for his place.

Boyle89
10-02-2016, 06:54 PM
I feel bad for Sam. He was good under butcher. Our only decent player and looked like he was going to be a good player for us for a long time. Unfortunately for him we have got a superior midfield now and he will have to do a lot to get into it.

Brightside
10-02-2016, 07:03 PM
Danny will be fine. We are going to use the HSL money to extend his contract for 4 years.

Smartie
10-02-2016, 07:03 PM
I feel bad for Sam. He was good under butcher. Our only decent player and looked like he was going to be a good player for us for a long time. Unfortunately for him we have got a superior midfield now and he will have to do a lot to get into it.

I thought we were a bit short of midfield options on Sunday and really wouldn't mind at all if Sam was still around.

As it happens Thommo went on to have a good game but with Fyvie and McGeoch out we look a wee bit short of midfield options.

I wouldn't be against recalling either him or Scott Martin if we could do so.

The_Horde
10-02-2016, 07:11 PM
I thought we were a bit short of midfield options on Sunday and really wouldn't mind at all if Sam was still around.

As it happens Thommo went on to have a good game but with Fyvie and McGeoch out we look a wee bit short of midfield options.

Is McGeouch defo injured?

Smartie
10-02-2016, 07:19 PM
Is McGeouch defo injured?

No, but he has a habit of picking up knocks (i.e. getting booted up and down).

I just think we could do with a bit of extra cover as both McGeoch and Fyvie do tend to pick up injuries from time to time (I suppose the same could be said of Bartley and Thomson).

Henderson is much more comfortable at the tip of the diamond than any of our strikers too.

Ozyhibby
10-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Danny will be fine. We are going to use the HSL money to extend his contract for 4 years.

Not till we have put the finishing touches to Farid's new three year deal. [emoji23]

heidtheba
10-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Ok tin hat on here but I really feel for him as I can see myself being a 'confidence' person in my own job.

Alex came in and played a blinder in that semi-final, shortly after he was injured, dumped with more than a few dud team-mates (who instead of taking the pressure off a young and inexperienced player, heaped more pressure on him as they seemed incapable and at times unwilling to do much with the ball themselves) and then got one of the very worst man-managers ever. That isn't even talking about Butcher's footballing brain...

So much expectation, such bad luck and such a poor atmosphere around the team was a heck of a lot for a very young and very inexperienced player. OK others have a much stronger mental attitude but these were his 'formative years' if you want to call it that and he had harder things to deal with than most would.

So much has been made about the turn around that Stubbs has made to Hibs, especially after not capitulating against that mob from the other side of the city on Sunday.

If we can celebrate that we're no longer a soft touch...that means we have to admit that for so long the team has had a confidence issue. With that in mind I can't blame Harris at all and hope we can still get the best from him. He doesn't deserve to have happened everything that he's had to deal with in the game.

heretoday
10-02-2016, 07:58 PM
Harris isn't hungry enough.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Ok tin hat on here but I really feel for him as I can see myself being a 'confidence' person in my own job.

Alex came in and played a blinder in that semi-final, shortly after he was injured, dumped with more than a few dud team-mates (who instead of taking the pressure off a young and inexperienced player, heaped more pressure on him as they seemed incapable and at times unwilling to do much with the ball themselves) and then got one of the very worst man-managers ever. That isn't even talking about Butcher's footballing brain...

So much expectation, such bad luck and such a poor atmosphere around the team was a heck of a lot for a very young and very inexperienced player. OK others have a much stronger mental attitude but these were his 'formative years' if you want to call it that and he had harder things to deal with than most would.

So much has been made about the turn around that Stubbs has made to Hibs, especially after not capitulating against that mob from the other side of the city on Sunday.

If we can celebrate that we're no longer a soft touch...that means we have to admit that for so long the team has had a confidence issue. With that in mind I can't blame Harris at all and hope we can still get the best from him. He doesn't deserve to have happened everything that he's had to deal with in the game.

What's your job and why is he taking it?

heidtheba
10-02-2016, 08:07 PM
What's your job and why is he taking it?

lol I just know that some people get knocked easily but when they are on form it's pretty good.

HappyHanlon
10-02-2016, 08:08 PM
I thought Handling played well under Stubbs.

Andy74
10-02-2016, 08:12 PM
None of them good enough. It's players like them over the years that have led us to being soft and bottlers.

One good game every few weeks shouldn't cut it at Hibs.

Boyle89
10-02-2016, 08:18 PM

I agree he's a good option to have but if he's get w hence he needs to take it. He scored a nice goal in the challenge cup and I thought he would get more of a chance after that.
Really hope we keep Scott Martin! With Henderson away at the end of the season I think next season he will shine.

10-02-2016, 08:23 PM
None of them good enough. It's players like them over the years that have led us to being soft and bottlers.

One good game every few weeks shouldn't cut it at Hibs.

Unfortunatly I agree.

MWHIBBIES
10-02-2016, 08:28 PM

One good game every few weeks shouldn't cut it at Hibs.Very harsh, they might not be good enough but we developed the players, the club are responsible at least in part if they are soft/bottlers.