PDA

View Full Version : Islam feruz

KDY Hibs
10-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Gone on the run after 1 day at his new Kazakhstan team. Looks like he will never make it now unfortunately

Big_Franck
10-02-2016, 11:16 AM
http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/2/10/10957202/oops-he-did-it-again-another-bizarre-episode-in-the-loan-life-of?utm_campaign=weaintgotnohistory.sbnation&utm_content=article%3Atop&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Billy Whizz
10-02-2016, 11:17 AM
Gone on the run after 1 day at his new Kazakhstan team. Looks like he will never make it now unfortunately

Thought he was signing for a French team?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Hope his career rots.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2016, 11:23 AM
What a waste.

It's crazy he could end up a millionaire whilst achieveing absolutely nothing in football.

Kojock
10-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Hope his career rots.

Why ??

Bracksy
10-02-2016, 12:07 PM
got to admit, when he signed i thought he might have been a player, his attitude was completely stinking - needs to get the finger out if he has any hopes of losing this 'bad boy' reputation

ALF TUPPER
10-02-2016, 12:19 PM
got to admit, when he signed i thought he might have been a player, his attitude was completely stinking - needs to get the finger out if he has any hopes of losing this 'bad boy' reputation

Was his attitude stinking ? I thought he just couldnt get in the team. :confused:

Tom Hart RIP
10-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Alan Stubbs had no problem with his attitude but realised that sitting on the bench wasn't doing him any good and the teams performances meant he couldn't force his way into the starting XI. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back when he is a free agent, depending on our needs.

Bracksy
10-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Was his attitude stinking ? I thought he just couldnt get in the team. :confused:
I'm just going by what a lot of people said, although he never really looked all that interested whenever we scored and he was on the pitch?

Smartie
10-02-2016, 12:26 PM
For all he clearly has pots of cash he's made some questionable career moves already.

Is a move to a team in Kazakhstan really what he needs at the moment?

He needs to forget about money, find himself a lower league club that will let him play every week and learn his trade.

If he doesn't get his act together soon then he could be one of football's biggest ever disappointments.

KeithTheHibby
10-02-2016, 12:33 PM

Take Liam Henderson, also on loan. It is like day and night between him and Feruz.

Feruz is an example of everything that is wrong with english football. His contract must be due to end soon with Chelsea. What club is likely to even consider giving him a contract?

Iain G
10-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Take Liam Henderson, also on loan. It is like day and night between him and Feruz.

Feruz is an example of everything that is wrong with english football. His contract must be due to end soon with Chelsea. What club is likely to even consider giving him a contract?

the rangers maybe?

Wonder if he is getting really bad advice from his management team?

Hibs offered him a good chance to show what he could do, and on reputation and talent alone, he should have walked into our team, that he hardly figured shows that something is not right with attitude. Shame really.

Smartie
10-02-2016, 12:38 PM

There is a lot of money and there are a lot of stupid people in English football (see some of the money Bolton are paying people to play for their reserves).

He'll pick up another couple of contracts on reputation alone for a while.

Smartie
10-02-2016, 12:40 PM
the rangers maybe?

Wonder if he is getting really bad advice from his management team?

Hibs offered him a good chance to show what he could do, and on reputation and talent alone, he should have walked into our team, that he hardly figured shows that something is not right with attitude. Shame really.

I think that's a bit harsh.

If he'd have been here at any other point in the previous 8 years or so he'd have walked into the team.

He joined a team who hit their stride quite early and went on a good run - he'd have had to have done something very special to dislodge the players in front of him and he never really got an opportunity to do so.

The Sundance Kid
10-02-2016, 12:44 PM

Unbelievably he still has 3 and a half years left until the summer of 2019, think he was given a new contract in the summer

Platinum Scotty
10-02-2016, 12:44 PM
There is a lot of money and there are a lot of stupid people in English football (see some of the money Bolton are paying people to play for their reserves).

He'll pick up another couple of contracts on reputation alone for a while.

According to Sky Sports, he seemingly signed a 4 year deal in 2014 with Chelsea....so unless they pay him off he has a few years before he needs to look for a new permanent team

KeithTheHibby
10-02-2016, 12:46 PM
I think that's a bit harsh.

If he'd have been here at any other point in the previous 8 years or so he'd have walked into the team.

He joined a team who hit their stride quite early and went on a good run - he'd have had to have done something very special to dislodge the players in front of him and he never really got an opportunity to do so.

He must have had the opportunity in training to show what he could do? There have been times this season when Bartley, Dylan, Henderson and Fyvie have all been benched which in turn creates and opportunity for someone else to show what they can do however Stubbs obviously didn't think he was up the job.
Even when he was on the park he didn't look interested and sure as hell won't be missed.

KeithTheHibby
10-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Unbelievably he still has 3 and a half years left until the summer of 2019, think he was given a new contract in the summer

Scary.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Why ??

He doens't deserve to play the game with an attitude like his. Plus if it wasn't for TB at Celtic he'd have been deported back to Somalia.

macca70
10-02-2016, 01:04 PM
The article is slightly misleading,

They have obviously went there to see what it's like, after a bit of an insight into the club, training, area etc they obviously didn't fancy it so packed up there gear in the morning and left.

I doubt they are currently 'missing' or 'on the run'. Both clearly don't fancy hanging about and playing there. That's their choice. Maybe could have went about it in a more professional manner though.

10-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Theres definatly some talent there but his attitude stinks. When he was at hibs I got the feeling that he felt he was far to big for us.

Shame to see talent young players piss away their careers because they start getting too big for their boots.

jacomo
10-02-2016, 03:52 PM
The article is slightly misleading,

They have obviously went there to see what it's like, after a bit of an insight into the club, training, area etc they obviously didn't fancy it so packed up there gear in the morning and left.

I doubt they are currently 'missing' or 'on the run'. Both clearly don't fancy hanging about and playing there. That's their choice. Maybe could have went about it in a more professional manner though.

Would you go on the run if Roman Abramovich owned you? Me neither.

iwasthere1972
10-02-2016, 04:01 PM

He's probably in the manager's basement tied up and gagged. Obviously saw what he was capable of and has faxed Chelsea requesting that they send a representative to collect him.

Michael
10-02-2016, 04:07 PM
I don't rate him at all. He'll probably get offers from some lower league English clubs when his contract expires, but I think his level is below English League 2 based on what I've seen.

Lancs Harp
10-02-2016, 04:13 PM
He spent half a season loan at Blackpool last season (my other love in life, although due to the owners, who make Petrie look like Mother Teresa, we are having a trial separation. Islam disappointed there too and I think only actually got on the pitch in two games. Before Blackpool he trained with Cardiff (I think) for a month but they didn't fancy him. Chelsea have obviously seen something in him but I've yet to see what.

Iain G
10-02-2016, 04:21 PM
He spent half a season loan at Blackpool last season (my other love in life, although due to the owners, who make Petrie look like Mother Teresa, we are having a trial separation. Islam disappointed there too and I think only actually got on the pitch in two games. Before Blackpool he trained with Cardiff (I think) for a month but they didn't fancy him. Chelsea have obviously seen something in him but I've yet to see what.

Talent yes but application and desire wanting is what his recent history would suggest.

Winston Ingram
11-02-2016, 06:55 AM
According to the Daily Sevco, he's off to Dubai on loan and has signed a new deal with Chelsea:confused:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/islam-feruz-dubai-loan-al-7345430#3i3jvyJvq5YGVqbX.97

Stuarty27
11-02-2016, 06:56 AM
He is the Scottish Ballotelli

Oscar T Grouch
11-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Hope his career rots.

What a thoroughly horrible thing to say. What a nice person you must be 👍🏻

andrew70
11-02-2016, 07:50 AM
He doens't deserve to play the game with an attitude like his. Plus if it wasn't for TB at Celtic he'd have been deported back to Somalia.

What difference does this make? It's a shame TB isn't around just now to help guide him.

The laddie has a talent, he's going the wrong way about maximising his potential but people should never give up on talent and certainly not because he could have been deported back to Somalia.

Oscar T Grouch
11-02-2016, 07:57 AM

Smh.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-02-2016, 08:12 AM
Wonder why chelsea keep him on. ....if it was a Scottish club he would be out on his arse

SeanWilson
11-02-2016, 08:15 AM
The initial 'article' is entirely misleading. He went for a trial/recky... clearly didn't like it and headed back to Chelsea...

He's now back training at his parent club where he'll probably play development matches until Chelsea loan him again (to the club in Dubai, perhaps?).

The lad is obviously a little ahead of himself, given the start he has had in life... however some of the hate/jealousy towards someone most of us don't even know is a little distasteful.

J-C
11-02-2016, 08:19 AM
What difference does this make? It's a shame TB isn't around just now to help guide him.

The laddie has a talent, he's going the wrong way about maximising his potential but people should never give up on talent and certainly not because he could have been deported back to Somalia.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/former-celtic-kid-islam-feruz-1119772#MMgAkEjE7ffHv5Ha.97

It is an undoubted kick in the teeth for Celtic, who helped the player and his family settle in Glasgow after fleeing war-torn Somalia in 2001. The bitter civil war cost the lives of two of Feruz’s grandparents and forced the family to flee to the UK via Yemen by boat. They were saved from deportation by the late Celtic legend Tommy Burns, who personally lobbied immigration officials on the family’s behalf, becoming something of a mentor to the player in the process.

andrew70
11-02-2016, 08:44 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/former-celtic-kid-islam-feruz-1119772#MMgAkEjE7ffHv5Ha.97

It is an undoubted kick in the teeth for Celtic, who helped the player and his family settle in Glasgow after fleeing war-torn Somalia in 2001. The bitter civil war cost the lives of two of Feruz’s grandparents and forced the family to flee to the UK via Yemen by boat. They were saved from deportation by the late Celtic legend Tommy Burns, who personally lobbied immigration officials on the family’s behalf, becoming something of a mentor to the player in the process.

I know the story but just because TB stopped him from being deported once doesn't mean we should give up on the player as BMD suggested.

Hopefully he finds someone else, like TB, who can advise him properly.

Jim44
11-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Going to Dubai? The millionaire's paradise will probably be more up his street. If he keeps his head down, he might even get a few games and get his career going again.

Winston Ingram
11-02-2016, 09:08 AM
Wonder why chelsea keep him on. ....if it was a Scottish club he would be out on his arse

I'm stunned at this. I'd have thought they'd be desperate to get rid. Even more surprising it's for 3 and a half years

J-C
11-02-2016, 09:16 AM
I know the story but just because TB stopped him from being deported once doesn't mean we should give up on the player as BMD suggested.

Hopefully he finds someone else, like TB, who can advise him properly.

I was trying to point out his attitude problems, something he's had wherever he's been.

Started off by sticking two fingers up to Celtic, a team that aided his family to stay and settle here, he's then wet on to be trouble at every club he's been loaned out to, too much too young and his nonsense when he came here with his Porsche was another example. Sometimes these lads just will not learn, there has been hundreds like him through the decades and I'm sure there'll be more to come.

Boyle89
11-02-2016, 09:24 AM
I've been told that he was late to training (after the Dundee Utd game) because he fancied a lie in. That's the kind of attitude managers and coaches are up against with feruz.

andrew70
11-02-2016, 09:31 AM
I was trying to point out his attitude problems, something he's had wherever he's been.

Started off by sticking two fingers up to Celtic, a team that aided his family to stay and settle here, he's then wet on to be trouble at every club he's been loaned out to, too much too young and his nonsense when he came here with his Porsche was another example. Sometimes these lads just will not learn, there has been hundreds like him through the decades and I'm sure there'll be more to come.

Ah I see, fair point. I do think a lot of the problems are now the agents eager to get a quick buck.

If you were Islam's age and enough money to do anything you'd want I am sure, like myself, you'd be going crazy too.

It's advisers they need not money-hungry agents.

itslegaltender
11-02-2016, 10:21 AM
It didnt start well with him being caught driving at the start of the loan.

Did anyone see him play for the U'20's? Aside from arriving late, didnt hear any stories about him playing up during training etc. During the Butcher period, we were getting stories on a daily basis of bust ups etc at training.

J-C
11-02-2016, 10:25 AM
It didnt start well with him being caught driving at the start of the loan.

Did anyone see him play for the U'20's? Aside from arriving late, didnt hear any stories about him playing up during training etc. During the Butcher period, we were getting stories on a daily basis of bust ups etc at training.

Didn't hear anything but obviously wasn't busting a gut in training to get a 1st team start, body language would've been enough for Stubbs to cancel the loan.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2016, 10:54 AM
What a thoroughly horrible thing to say. What a nice person you must be 

Go easy on him. He'll only be quoting something he read somewhere else....

Iggy Pope
11-02-2016, 10:56 AM
I've been told that he was late to training (after the Dundee Utd game) because he fancied a lie in. That's the kind of attitude managers and coaches are up against with feruz.

Strange that he got any game time at all after that then.

Billychaotic182
11-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Just tweeted about how the Scottish media hate him and don't believe the rumours

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Talented boy that could end up be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Would fit in just before Robin Friday in a football bad boys book.

Heisenberg
11-02-2016, 11:57 AM
He will never make it in the game at any decent level. He'll be picking up a very decent wage at Chelsea so fair play to him.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Talented boy that could end up be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Would fit in just before Robin Friday in a football bad boys book.

I think I remember Robin for a famous photo showing this long haired rebel sticking the Vs up at a goalie he had rounded and left on his arse. Wee bit more iconic than anything wee Feruz has done to date.

11-02-2016, 12:05 PM

Don't know if this is true or not but if it is then i'm glad he is away from hibs. I'm sick of having too many hibs players in the past being lazy. I recall an interview with Lewis Stevenson not to long ago and he said he would get stick from some other players in the team for staying behind after training to put in extra work in the gym. Thats the sort of attitude we used to have at our club before Stubbs, too many pampered football players that were afraid of a bit of hard graft and treated East Mains as a leisure facility rather than a place to work hard.

If the boy wants to act like that then fine but he can kiss his career goodbye as managers and coaches at high levels wont tolerate that sort of thing.

patch1875
11-02-2016, 07:08 PM
Stubbs wanted to keep him and he caused no issues according to stv news.

MWHIBBIES
11-02-2016, 07:22 PM
He is the Scottish BallotelliExcept Balotelli is an extremely talented player, one of the most talented of his generation.

Greencore
11-02-2016, 07:23 PM
He's the Scottish Freddy Adu*

NYHibby
11-02-2016, 08:34 PM
He's the Scottish Freddy Adu*

That is pretty unfair on Freddy Adu. Freddy Adu has played in the Champions League, Ligue 1 for Monaco and has international caps (including playing in a confederation championship final).

Whats the highest level that Feruz has played in? A couple of minutes in the Championship for a team on the verge of relegation?

(I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't making a racial comment)

Haymaker
12-02-2016, 12:40 AM

Robin Friday actually played football. He might have been a nutcase but he loved playing the game and earned **** all from it.

My best pals old man saw him play a few times and will say to this day that Friday was the best player to never represent England.

Colr
12-02-2016, 06:18 AM

Agreed. He has ability but seems to have not come into contact with the right role models to sort his approach to leveraging it yet. Had hoped Stubbs could have helped but maybe he needs some more intensive personal development. Waste of ability if not.

Beefster
12-02-2016, 06:44 AM

FFS, I've read some nasty, mean-spirited pish on here but this is up there.

Pete
12-02-2016, 07:14 AM

Anyone who is Celtic minded would disagree with you and see the guys point.

J-C
12-02-2016, 07:14 AM

A bit strong, he is factually correct though, Celtic and Burns did help him and his family get their citizenship and the lad has a talent he has wasted by being a dickhead, lesser players have worked hard to get peanuts out of he game and he strolls around acting billybaws. He'll disappear into oblivion and be another statistic of a wasted career.

bigwheel
12-02-2016, 07:30 AM
..sure Celtic helped Feruz, however, it would have been driven by them thinking he was an asset worth keeping, not just a general spirit of support...their "support" seems to be stated like an act of pure charity...

Beefster
12-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Anyone who is Celtic minded would disagree with you and see the guys point.

This is hibs.net though. Part of the reason that the poster wants his career to rot is because Celtic helped his bid for citizenship. What the actual ****? I'd argue that his attitude problems, if they exist, aren't really relevant to his spell at Hibs either (unless there are some stories that I haven't heard).

HappyHanlon
12-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Islam Feruz is a prime example of a young promising talent led astray by a money grabbing agent.

Whispers in his ear about the amount of money he'll make dan sarf.

He's crashed and burned at every team he's went to. He rocks up at ER and within days is spending the night behind bars for a driving offence. The guy's a waste, think's he's a billy big sacks cause he drives a fancy car.

There's reports that he swanned about in training, refused to play in some development games as they were beneath him and generally offered heehaw.

Glad he's away and I predict he'll be in some backwater like Havant and Waterloovile by end of next season.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Farcial when a player who hasn't yet had a successful career (won't ever in my opinion) is rewarded with so much money that there is no incentive to do **** all else in the game.

Andy74
12-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Farcial when a player who hasn't yet had a successful career (won't ever in my opinion) is rewarded with so much money that there is no incentive to do **** all else in the game.

Exactly. The rewards now come before achieving anything for some of these guys. You should have to aspire to those things.

Haymaker
13-02-2016, 12:08 AM

Yep.

Sadly it wont change. Chelsea are quite happy to ***** millions per year on youth teams in the hope they uncover a gem. They aren't the only ones.

broondog
13-02-2016, 12:27 AM

agree 100%

Jim44
13-02-2016, 01:17 AM
On reflection and if the truth be told, he is not worthy of the discussion his holiday at ER has prompted. A nonentity in my books.

Forza Fred
13-02-2016, 01:54 AM
On reflection and if the truth be told, he is not worthy of the discussion his holiday at ER has prompted. A nonentity in my books.

Sounds like his attitude problem isn't football specific, but he is just a tosser, generally.

In three years I don't think he will be anywhere in the professional football arena.