PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Reid wants Hibs fans to keep backing HSL

Leithenhibby
10-02-2016, 10:08 AM
It's gathering pace, there is know doubt about it.

Evening News talks to Charlie Reid, on fan ownership and how it's inevitable that fans will have a bigger say in the way our clubs are run.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/charlie-reid-wants-hibs-fans-to-keep-backing-hsl-1-4025510

Charlie Reid - “I suspected the only money that is out there to come into Scottish football is from big businessmen that you would not want involved with the club.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

GGTTH

HappyHibby93
10-02-2016, 07:16 PM

Evening News talks to Charlie Reid, on fan ownership and how it's inevitable that fans will have a bigger say in the way our clubs are run.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/charlie-reid-wants-hibs-fans-to-keep-backing-hsl-1-4025510

Charlie Reid - “I suspected the only money that is out there to come into Scottish football is from big businessmen that you would not want involved with the club.

GGTTH

Charlie Reid makes some very good points RE: fan ownership, but the big one for me is the quote above. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, we can't sit back and leave it to someone else to step forward and prevent any sharks out there taking control of our club. Apart from anything else, we would never forgive ourselves.

The way I see it is STF & Heid the Baw, are not going to be around for ever and if every Hibs fan put £7.73 (minimum monthly on their website) a month into HSL we would have a fair wee say in how the decisions are agreed in the boardroom.

Prevention is the best cure and if we can all join up (if finances permit) now, tomorrow will take care of itself.

Let's not wait until it's too late and we are all scrambling around trying to raise cash like them over the city. This opportunity will come along once in a lifetime, and we need to start signing up in an orderly fashion while there is no burning bridge.

It's time to protect our club for future generations while we are on such a high IMO :agree:

:flag::flag:

WellingtonHibby
10-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Read this and finally decided to get on board.
Im in.

Cheers

Ozyhibby
10-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Im in.

Cheers

Oh aye, I've been saying it for months and nothing? One wee post from HappyHibby93 and that's you signing up?[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WellingtonHibby
10-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Oh aye, I've been saying it for months and nothing? One wee post from HappyHibby93 and that's you signing up?[emoji23]

'twas the Straw that broke the camels back!

Leithenhibby
11-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Charlie Reid makes some very good points RE: fan ownership, but the big one for me is the quote above. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, we can't sit back and leave it to someone else to step forward and prevent any sharks out there taking control of our club. Apart from anything else, we would never forgive ourselves.

The way I see it is STF & Heid the Baw, are not going to be around for ever and if every Hibs fan put £7.73 (minimum monthly on their website) a month into HSL we would have a fair wee say in how the decisions are agreed in the boardroom.

Prevention is the best cure and if we can all join up (if finances permit) now, tomorrow will take care of itself.

Let's not wait until it's too late and we are all scrambling around trying to raise cash like them over the city. This opportunity will come along once in a lifetime, and we need to start signing up in an orderly fashion while there is no burning bridge.

It's time to protect our club for future generations while we are on such a high IMO :agree:

:flag::flag:

:top marks Excellent post HappyHibby93, and a very good point you make. Let's just hope it doesn't come down to this.

Im in.

Cheers

Welcome WellingtonHibby :aok:

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
11-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Good email sent out today outlining the plan for the medium term and explaining exactly where things stand at the moment.

All positive noises at the moment.

lucky
11-02-2016, 10:06 AM
For me HSL is the only way forward. I remember the Hands Off Hibs campaign and the pain and hurt we all felt when Mercer tried to kill us. Back then Hibs were investing in wine bars in Bath now we are investing in our club. The more fans that sign up the greater say we will have. You can donate from a £5 a month. Just think we might even be able to buy another John McGinn with the extra cash!!! I just wish I could get the bloody song out my head

GGTTH

andyf5
11-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Good email sent out today outlining the plan for the medium term and explaining exactly where things stand at the moment.

All positive noises at the moment.

what email? Can you copy whats in it?

Ozyhibby
11-02-2016, 12:07 PM
what email? Can you copy whats in it?

It's a secret. [emoji6]
I think HSL will post it up later today.

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2016, 12:59 PM
HSL membership now standing at 1400 :)

southsider
11-02-2016, 01:08 PM
If every Hibs fan stopped buying that pro-hun rag, the DR, then we could all donate £20 a month to HSL. Do we have a deal or what ?

kaimendhibs
11-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Got my certificate this week, will have pride of place on the wall by tonight😄

Ozyhibby
11-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Got my certificate this week, will have pride of place on the wall by tonight[emoji1]

Brilliant effort. Not quite there yet myself but it will be going up as soon as I get it.

southsider
11-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Charlie hopes for 2000 members by the end of the season and perhaps 3000 by next season. A cup win (or 2) would help.You can pay as little a. £5 per month. Everyone can afford that. Its only a bottle of wine or 2 pints less a month.

kaimendhibs
11-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Brilliant effort. Not quite there yet myself but it will be going up as soon as I get it.

😄😄

11-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Its a fantastic initiative and I strongly strongly urge as many hibs fans as possible to sign up.

emerald green
11-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Got my certificate this week, will have pride of place on the wall by tonight

Are the certificates issued automatically, or do contributors have to apply for their certificate? What's the process? Can anyone advise please?

I'm sure I must be near the £225 contribution now.

kaimendhibs
11-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Are the certificates issued automatically, or do contributors have to apply for their certificate? What's the process? Can anyone advise please?

You need to print off a form, fill it in and send it to HSL. Trying to load pic

kaimendhibs
11-02-2016, 06:18 PM

Think that's it done?

emerald green
11-02-2016, 06:22 PM

Think that's it done?

Brilliant, thanks mate. :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2016, 06:25 PM

GGTTH

Amen to that :agree:

kaimendhibs
11-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Brilliant, thanks mate. :aok:

Bostonhibby
11-02-2016, 08:38 PM
For me HSL is the only way forward. I remember the Hands Off Hibs campaign and the pain and hurt we all felt when Mercer tried to kill us. Back then Hibs were investing in wine bars in Bath now we are investing in our club. The more fans that sign up the greater say we will have. You can donate from a £5 a month. Just think we might even be able to buy another John McGinn with the extra cash!!! I just wish I could get the bloody song out my head

GGTTH

:top marks

With enough of a shareholding / influence we will be in a position to deal with any future Mercer figure on a more equal basis and they would not get as far as they appeared to do against the fans (one day owners?) visions for the best interests of their club.

Who needs poncey wine bars when there's plenty decent pubs about.:greengrin

Ozyhibby
11-02-2016, 09:01 PM
:top marks

With enough of a shareholding / influence we will be in a position to deal with any future Mercer figure on a more equal basis and they would not get as far as they appeared to do against the fans (one day owners?) visions for the best interests of their club.

Who needs poncey wine bars when there's plenty decent pubs about.:greengrin

Once we get to 26% we will be able to prevent any future Mercer being able to ever take control.

matty_f
11-02-2016, 09:14 PM
What date do the direct debits come out?

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2016, 09:17 PM
What date do the direct debits come out?

mines is the 9th, is everyone the same ?

matty_f
11-02-2016, 09:19 PM
mines is the 9th, is everyone the same ?

I dunno, was hoping to find out - can you choose?

Ozyhibby
11-02-2016, 09:20 PM

Pretty sure you can choose.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Once we get to 26% we will be able to prevent any future Mercer being able to ever take control.

I'll set them up and you knock them in the back of the net [emoji6]

OfficialHSL
11-02-2016, 09:31 PM

Matty

This is a popular question that has been asked many times before so I hope it helps if we can clarify.

The initial Direct Debit normally is scheduled to come out of your bank about 5-7 days after you join. We have no control over that and can't change this once you have joined. Please note however that once this first payment has been collected you can change the collection date to a date of your choice. All you have to do is send us an email with your instruction.

HSL

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Matty

This is a popular question that has been asked many times before so I hope it helps if we can clarify.

The initial Direct Debit normally is scheduled to come out of your bank about 5-7 days after you join. We have no control over that and can't change this once you have joined. Please note however that once this first payment has been collected you can change the collection date to a date of your choice. All you have to do is send us an email with your instruction.

HSL

i've just been donating the minimum £5/month the last 4 months but when i looked on the HSL site i notice that the minimum is £7.73 http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/images/12.jpg how do i go around upping what was the minimum £5 to £7.73 :dunno: do i do it via paypal(which i used to join) also, was the £5 minimum just an offer at that time(4 months ago) ?

matty_f
11-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Matty

HSL

Nice one, thanks.