PDA

View Full Version : Why not using loyalty points for replay tickets?

andyf5
09-02-2016, 09:11 PM
I know three regular attendees who have been unable to get tickets today for various reasons. They have a good number of loyalty points yet have missed out. Why have a loyalty system if its not used for the big games? If loyalty points were used for just the first day that still left plenty time for other tickets to be sold.

Billy Whizz
09-02-2016, 09:13 PM
I think the timescale meant that they had to go to a general sale pretty quickly

Hibs07p
09-02-2016, 09:14 PM
I know three regular attendees who have been unable to get tickets today for various reasons. They have a good number of loyalty points yet have missed out. Why have a loyalty system if its not used for the big games? If loyalty points were used for just the first day that still left plenty time for other tickets to be sold.

Are they all sold out?

andyf5
09-02-2016, 09:15 PM
I think the timescale meant that they had to go to a general sale pretty quickly
They could have made the first day loyalty points based.

Monts
09-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Are they all sold out?

No

Billy Whizz
09-02-2016, 09:16 PM

You've got a point

andyf5
09-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Are they all sold out?

No but they want to sit with their mates.

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 09:19 PM

I think there are about 20,000 fans who have points so whether it would have made much difference I don't know. Would have also thought that anybody with no points would have known someone who was a season ticket holder and asked them to help them get a ticket.

Maybe try again tomorrow or wait until Friday morning and see what becomes available.

Hibs07p
09-02-2016, 09:19 PM

Why didn't they get together and nominate one of them to get all the tickets so they could sit together?

GGTTH

StevieC
09-02-2016, 09:21 PM

Their mates could have got them their tickets ..

.. or maybe their mates didn't want to sit next to them? :greengrin

djs69
09-02-2016, 09:25 PM
It's a general sale today was it not??

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2016, 09:26 PM
We all knew the situation. If we'd have made it loyalty points based, then people would've complained that it was slowing things down and put people off going. There's never gonna be a full proof way but making it a free for all has made it easy for fans to get tickets and it looks like it could result in a sellout.

andyf5
09-02-2016, 09:27 PM
"those holding the most points given priority windows to purchase tickets" says hibs web site. This didn't happen for this game and I'm suggesting it should have for the first day.

Ozyhibby
09-02-2016, 09:29 PM
One of the reasons they are selling so quickly is that it's been easy to get tickets in big groups today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 09:29 PM
We all knew the situation. If we'd have made it loyalty points based, then people would've complained that it was slowing things down and put people off going. There's never gonna be a full proof way but making it a free for all has made it easy for fans to get tickets and it looks like it could result in a sellout.

We would have had hundreds on here saying that they couldn't sit with their mates. Hibs did the correct thing and maximised sales on the first day as much as they could.

lucky
09-02-2016, 09:31 PM

But so have lots of others that's why there's so few available at the moment. But tickets will come available on Friday

Billy Whizz
09-02-2016, 09:32 PM
It's all Paul Hanlon's fault

Greenworld
09-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Season ticket holders protected so general sale for all rest....no TV....I can't believe after first game people never expected a stampede for tickets....
I think it's great a sellout

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
09-02-2016, 09:35 PM
"those holding the most points given priority windows to purchase tickets" says hibs web site. This didn't happen for this game and I'm suggesting it should have for the first day.

But your point was that they couldn't get tickets today for one reason or another, so if loyalty points were in place for the first day they still couldn't have got tickets? There are still thousands of tickets left and on Friday there will be more, if we had made it loyalty points based it could potentially knocked the attendance for the satisfaction of the few, the way they have done it is spot on to ensure a full house, or as close to a full house as possible.

andyf5
09-02-2016, 09:36 PM
We would have had hundreds on here saying that they couldn't sit with their mates. Hibs did the correct thing and maximised sales on the first day as much as they could.

So why have a loyalty scheme? Then we should maximise sales all the time and let everyone take their chances irrespective of how many matches they attend.

Golden Bear
09-02-2016, 09:46 PM
This method of selling has proved to be an outstanding success. The season ticket holders have been rightly protected and the remaining tickets opened up to any fans on the database.

It's a simpler and better process than faffing about with loyalty points.

andyf5
09-02-2016, 09:46 PM
But your point was that they couldn't get tickets today for one reason or another, so if loyalty points were in place for the first day they still couldn't have got tickets?

There would have been less of a scramble on day one and less computer issues. Hibs have apologised on their web site. I have CTU but think its a shame when fans who attend Allow and Morton games have missed out. Great that its a probably a full house and yes there are tickets elsewhere and more on Friday. Just making the point we have a loyalty scheme to reward regular attendees and it could have been used on day one.

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 09:53 PM
So why have a loyalty scheme? Then we should maximise sales all the time and let everyone take their chances irrespective of how many matches they attend.

Well even if you takeaway the 8,000 season ticket holders that's still 9,000 seats available for everyone else. Your chances of not getting three seats I would consider very unlikely. The fact that there are only seven days before the match was perhaps a major factor in not selling in waves.

HibbyAl
09-02-2016, 10:24 PM
There would have been less of a scramble on day one and less computer issues. Hibs have apologised on their web site. I have CTU but think its a shame when fans who attend Allow and Morton games have missed out. Great that its a probably a full house and yes there are tickets elsewhere and more on Friday. Just making the point we have a loyalty scheme to reward regular attendees and it could have been used on day one.

Took less than 5 mins to log on and buy tickets this afternoon after things had died down a bit.

Moulin Yarns
10-02-2016, 05:37 AM

Can you explain how they have missed out?

I have attended one home game this season (Alloa), have 20 loyalty points, and was able to buy tickets for the cup replay, so I'm a bit confused at your point in bold.

marinello59
10-02-2016, 05:46 AM

I have attended one home game this season (Alloa), have 20 loyalty points, and was able to buy tickets for the cup replay, so I'm a bit confused at your point in bold.

They haven't. Sitting together is more important than securing a ticket.

CentreLine
10-02-2016, 05:48 AM
There were three seats together in the front row of the FF at eleven o'clock last night. No doubt something similar will happen when the release of ST seats happens Friday. Hope your mates are lucky because the atmosphere is going to be electric and this is not one to miss

Beefster
10-02-2016, 05:50 AM

There's been a fair bit of this type of gripe recently. I find it utterly bizarre that a Hibs supporter would choose to miss a big game because they couldn't sit right next to their mate for an hour and a half.

hibIBZ
10-02-2016, 05:54 AM
I'm not a season ticket holder but do have a good number of loyalty points, but all sections were showing up grey as unavailable all day yesterday. I was assuming it was because only season ticket holders could buy, could anybody with loyalty points buy tickets yesterday?

CentreLine
10-02-2016, 06:00 AM
I'm not a season ticket holder but do have a good number of loyalty points, but all sections were showing up grey as unavailable all day yesterday. I was assuming it was because only season ticket holders could buy, could anybody with loyalty points buy tickets yesterday?

Yes

Onceinawhile
10-02-2016, 07:31 AM
My three seasons in the FF lower will appear on Friday as I'm the only one going. So they can get those three.

Not sure why your mates didn't just buy some today though?

erin go bragh
10-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Our five seasons in FF lower will also be available on Fri .

GGTTH

SeanWilson
10-02-2016, 08:23 AM

you were either on your phone or looking at the ground with the wrong view (closest to seat or overview) - you needed to be on the interactive seating map to see it in anything other than grey. However... you could have clicked on a grey section and it would have offered you tickets...

Cammy
10-02-2016, 08:28 AM
We also have 3 seats in the FF lower that will be available on Friday as we have moved to the West for this one. I think there will be 1-2k seats available for people that didn't get a ticket yesterday and many will be groups of seats rather than single seats, so no need to worry. The important thing is fans are energised again and coming back to the club!

DH1875
10-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Never understood folks not going cause they can't sit next to their mate. Been to plenty games on my own and usually find I'm not really on my own. Turning up at a game and finding I'm the only fan there, now that would be spooky.

JimBHibees
10-02-2016, 08:40 AM
We also have 3 seats in the FF lower that will be available on Friday as we have moved to the West for this one. I think there will be 1-2k seats available for people that didn't get a ticket yesterday and many will be groups of seats rather than single seats, so no need to worry. The important thing is fans are energised again and coming back to the club!

I am not so sure there will be as many as that, guessing at most 1k.

Onion
10-02-2016, 10:52 AM
The rumours of Hearts fans buying home section tickets as they're on the DB got my thinking. What does the club do to filter out those sorts so only future tickets go to genuine Hibs fans ?

Over time, the number of infiltrators getting into the DB will just increase. In the case of the Hearts game at PBS there's a chance that some of these folk could have bought tickets in the general sale, competing with Hibs fans with 390 point, just to tout them on for £100 a piece.

Do Hibs cull the DB from time to time, removing those with next to no points after a year or so ?

Super_JMcGinn
10-02-2016, 11:01 AM
The rumours of Hearts fans buying home section tickets as they're on the DB got my thinking. What does the club do to filter out those sorts so only future tickets go to genuine Hibs fans ?

Over time, the number of infiltrators getting into the DB will just increase. In the case of the Hearts game at PBS there's a chance that some of these folk could have bought tickets in the general sale, competing with Hibs fans with 390 point, just to tout them on for £100 a piece.

Do Hibs cull the DB from time to time, removing those with next to no points after a year or so ?
What rumours and where ? There is not a chance there will be any Hearts fans in our end. You may get some where the corporate seats are but that happens at every ground in the country. There won't be a Hearts fan in the FF or the East.

Geo_1875
10-02-2016, 11:43 AM

Can't be done. Once your on the database you have every right to stay there. It's not a database of Hibs fans, it's a database of people who've registered and bought a ticket. Many teams have the same set-up and they're not going to lock out potential customers.

hibee-boys
10-02-2016, 11:51 AM
No point in wasting time and resources messing about with the database just because there may be a few away fans on it. I'd be surprised if they make up 1% of the names on there.

mghibs
10-02-2016, 11:54 AM
I wonder if there was perhaps no loyalty points limits for a combination of timescale and unexpected demand? Considering we did not sell out at any point last season, maybe the huge demand wasn't expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrnBru22
10-02-2016, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know why i was awarded 10 points for this match but had them taken off a few hours later? I've got CTU

andyf5
10-02-2016, 02:54 PM
My three seasons in the FF lower will appear on Friday as I'm the only one going. So they can get those three.

Not sure why your mates didn't just buy some today though?

Friday is the backup now. Hopefully they'll get tickets if they want. There is another longer thread on loyalty points started which repeats some of my points. Hopefully someone will read the comments and consider. There will never be a perfect scheme that satisfies everyone but we can learn from feedback.

HibsNutter
10-02-2016, 03:01 PM
It's all Paul Hanlon's fault

Away you go, Oxley's positioning was suspect.

andyf5
11-02-2016, 09:43 PM

My initial point was that loyalty points counted for nothing for this major game when they are billed as rewarding loyalty. People that attended no games at all could buy tickets from go. If you were at work that first day by teatime the east was sold out. Yes they can buy tickets elsewhere and hopefully tomorrow that's true.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

andyf5
11-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Once you've sat next to me you would want to sit anywhere else I would have thought. [emoji3] The original point was why have a loyalty scheme that promotes a priority window for purchasing tickets and then not use it to reward these fans for such a big game.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

StevieBoyKdy
11-02-2016, 11:10 PM
We need a bigger stadium :)

jgl07
11-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Can't be done. Once your on the database you have every right to stay there. It's not a database of Hibs fans, it's a database of people who've registered and bought a ticket. Many teams have the same set-up and they're not going to lock out potential customers.
That reminds me when the Huns were playing Dundee United. I think it was a title decider on the last day of the season and there was huge demand for tickets from the bigots. Dundee United had a database system in place. Somehow a rumour got around that if you bought something from the Arabs Club Shop online, that would put you on the database and make you eligible for a ticket in the home end. There were vast numbers of orders placed for socks from the shop (the cheapest item available).

Of course it did not get the purchaser on the database.