PDA

View Full Version : Stokes Rant

BoomtownHibees
09-02-2016, 05:55 PM
What have I missed:

"The media really do not have an issue with putting anyone at risk. Deceiving and inaccurate information...nothing new I suppose"

HappyHibby93
09-02-2016, 06:07 PM
In fairness what he's saying there is very true. Cummings was interviewed on the BBC with the headline; Cummings - Hibs will beat Hearts. When you look at the context of what he has said, he basically talks about how he is "100% confident Hibs can beat Hearts". The 2 things are totally different, but it stirs it up more if they make it sound more controversial. so annoying!

portyhibernian
09-02-2016, 06:11 PM
This is to do with the recent murders in Ireland at the boxing weigh in I believe. No idea what it's got to do with Stokes, probably nothing.

silverhibee
09-02-2016, 06:15 PM
This is to do with the recent murders in Ireland at the boxing weigh in I believe. No idea what it's got to do with Stokes, probably nothing.

In the Record today with a picture of Stokes in his Hibs strip.

superbam
09-02-2016, 06:21 PM

It's got hee haw to do with stokes, and the link to the continuity ira has now established to be nonsense. In any case the papers are getting their "IRAs" confused. Really disgraceful journalism and I see the mirror has now taken the story down. The record of course still has it up

portyhibernian
09-02-2016, 06:25 PM
It's got hee haw to do with stokes, and the link to the continuity ira has now established to be nonsense. In any case the papers are getting their "IRAs" confused. Really disgraceful journalism and I see the mirror has now taken the story down. The record of course still has it up

Really pathetic mate and I hope Stokes is able to take some kind of action against them. Laziest of lazy journalism with the old Stubbs to Celtic article yesterday aswell. Wouldn't wipe my arse with that rag.

HibsNutter
09-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Stokes' obviously wasn't involved in the murder of either men, so why do they link him to the story? Oh aye, because it'll generate more interest, more click bait. More coverage. They're willing to put Stokes at risk, as being linked with one of the group - when indeed he is not - in order to sell papers. Very low indeed.

neil7908
09-02-2016, 06:36 PM
In fairness what he's saying there is very true. Cummings was interviewed on the BBC with the headline; Cummings - Hibs will beat Hearts. When you look at the context of what he has said, he basically talks about how he is "100% confident Hibs can beat Hearts". The 2 things are totally different, but it stirs it up more if they make it sound more controversial. so annoying!

I read that and couldn't believe they can get away with it!