PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

Diclonius
09-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Noticed he was born in Livingston and played for Hearts as a youngster. Anyone know if he supported us/them as a kid?

Greencore
09-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Noticed he was born in Livingston and played for Hearts as a youngster. Anyone know if he supported us/them as a kid?

Think his grandad took him to a few of our games as a kid. But think he's always been a celtc fan.

TheFamous1875
09-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Think his grandad took him to a few of our games as a kid. But think he's always been a celtc fan.

Judging by his attitude whilst wearing the original green, I'd say say he's now a Hibs fan.

It's easy to support Celtc - but when you're exposed to a club like Hibs - a real club that can grab you on a genuinely emotional level - that's when you fall in love with a club. I reckon he's fallen for Hibs big time. You don't get that at Celtic.

bigwheel
09-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Judging by his attitude whilst wearing the original green, I'd say say he's now a Hibs fan.

It's easy to support Celtc - but when you're exposed to a club like Hibs - a real club that can grab you on a genuinely emotional level - that's when you fall in love with a club. I reckon he's fallen for Hibs big time. You don't get that at Celtic.

superb young professional footballer...great attitude and work ethic...Hope he goes far in the game - after helping us to a league and cup double :-)

Salt N Sauzee
09-02-2016, 11:31 AM

Love how he goes absolutely nuts whenever we score. Passion.

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 11:39 AM

You can see how much he loves playing for the Hibees. So much passion from a loan player.

Stevie Reid
09-02-2016, 11:45 AM
One of many quality players we have at the moment that

1) love playing football

2) love playing for Hibs

Makes a very, very refreshing change from much of the last decade.

Jim44
09-02-2016, 11:48 AM

Nobody's perfect. :cb

oneone73
09-02-2016, 11:54 AM

Pretty sure his maternal grandad is Thomson Allan?

MagicSwirlingShip
09-02-2016, 12:09 PM
I can see Henderson and Mcginn being mainstays in the Scotland midfield in five years time.

The boys have so much potential!

Carheenlea
09-02-2016, 12:15 PM
Just about every picture of every goal celebration features Liam Henderson.
A great player, a great team player, and i hope dearly a great Hibs player in the future. That may be wishful thinking unfortunately.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2016, 12:17 PM
He is a terrific talent and has definitely taken to Hibs like James McPake did in similar ways.

He always interracts with the fans and I remember in the Dundee Utd game he ran over to Sect 43 and game one of them a high-five and started going wild!

Love him!

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 12:18 PM

Not a bad keeper either. Him or Willie Wilson at the time.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Come to think of it we need a song for him!!

Derek Dougan
09-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Stokes and Henderson swap for Cummings??:cb

GreenLake
09-02-2016, 12:59 PM
He had a furious look when Stokes wouldn't let him take the second free kick! You have to admire the massive confidence.

I would like to see Hibs alternate free kicks between Stokes and Henderson with McGinn doing the odd misdirect.

Alex Trager
09-02-2016, 01:31 PM
He is a terrific talent and has definitely taken to Hibs like James McPake did in similar ways.

He always interracts with the fans and I remember in the Dundee Utd game he ran over to Sect 43 and game one of them a high-five and started going wild!

Love him!

And slapped his Hibs badge after doing so. Very nice

Benny Brazil
09-02-2016, 02:42 PM
Love watching him play.
If only we had the money to buy him outright (cue Ozzy with the HSL link :greengrin)

Franck Stanton
09-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Anybody know how long a contract he has with the great unwashed ?

Craig_HFC
09-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Anybody know how long a contract he has with the great unwashed ?

He signed a new deal with them on the same day he signed for us on loan.

Arch Stanton
09-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Come to think of it we need a song for him!!

Have to have a song indeed! I'll start :greengrin

So here's to you Liam Henderson
We all love you more than we can say
Hey, hey-hey, hey

HibsNutter
09-02-2016, 03:37 PM
Yet to see a loan player show the passion for our club that he does. If he's not a Hibs fan he's doing a good job hiding it.

Franck Stanton
09-02-2016, 03:39 PM
He signed a new deal with them on the same day he signed for us on loan.

Bugger, wonder, after experiencing a well run Club , if he hadn't signed up with them, if he would have let his old contract run down and join us afterwards, still, never know eh.

highland hibbee
09-02-2016, 04:00 PM
superb young professional footballer...great attitude and work ethic...Hope he goes far in the game - after helping us to a league and cup double :-)

Dont not you mean the treble bud ??? ;-)

since90plustwo
09-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Have to have a song indeed! I'll start :greengrin

We all love you more than we can say
Hey, hey-hey, hey

Slightly different but heard this before

Hibs will love you more than you will know
oh, oh, oh

hibees 7062
09-02-2016, 04:34 PM

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/12705396_10201243718931733_344331898946634796_n.jp g?oh=e98093103df075fed04f032e563b6a4e&oe=572312DF Like this ?

IrnBru22
09-02-2016, 05:48 PM
I see Liam has just won SPFL goal of the month for his free kick against st mirren

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=PDtYP3hb_xA

IrnBru22
09-02-2016, 05:50 PM
SPFL ‏@spflCongrats to @HibsOfficial's Liam Henderson who has won #SPFL January Goal of the Month. Watch his goal again here

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=PDtYP3hb_xA

Arch Stanton
09-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Slightly different but heard this before

Hibs will love you more than you will know
oh, oh, oh

Yep - same but different.

But, if you've heard it before it's a shame it never caught on - the lad deserves it and it could be a jolly wee rendition.

O'Rourke3
09-02-2016, 06:28 PM

I might be behind that one.... It's not true. The Allan connection is Thomson's son marrying into Liam's family. He and the goalie not directly related....

greenlex
09-02-2016, 07:07 PM
I believe there a Henderson feature in the Alba programme on Saturday night. They are usually at half time. They were filming at Broxburn Utd the other day with him. Set to record as I'll be at the game.

WhileTheChief..
09-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Will be one of our first signings in the close season hopefully.

Celtic fans will be expecting Champs league next year, they will want money spent on their team this summer, not the return of young loan player.

We'll get him for £200k or thereabouts.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2016, 08:47 PM

Celtic fans will be expecting Champs league next year, they will want money spent on their team this summer, not the return of young loan player.

He signed a 4 year deal just before he cane to us, Celtic see him as a long term replacement for Scott Brown. There is NO chance we will get him permanently and especially not for 200k. Best we can hope for is another loan!

KWJ
09-02-2016, 08:53 PM
He signed a 4 year deal just before he cane to us, Celtic see him as a long term replacement for Scott Brown. There is NO chance we will get him permanently and especially not for 200k. Best we can hope for is another loan!

This sadly. Stubbsy and Mathie need to come up with a replacement for next year, hopefully of premier league quality!

Unless their new gaffer doesn't fancy him, but that's tough to imagine.

Benny Brazil
09-02-2016, 08:57 PM

The only way I would see us in with a chance of getting him is if Cummings goes the other way. Other than that no chance - he would cost more the £200k.

WhileTheChief..
09-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Just can't see him as the mainstay of their midfield at all.

He's hugely valuable to us, not so much to them. So in a similar way as McGeogh ended up with us I reckon he will too :thumbsup:

bigwheel
09-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Just can't see him as the mainstay of their midfield at all.

He's hugely valuable to us, not so much to them. So in a similar way as McGeogh ended up with us I reckon he will too :thumbsup:

It's too early to make judge that imo...He is 19 (i think). It's his first season of Scottish First team regular football. I think he's only played about 60ish first team games. He has an abundance of natural talent. I'm expecting him to grow and grow as a footballer. His 4 year deal tells us Celtic do too. He will get a shot there before any permanent move is on the cards for him. Could maybe get him for another year though..

It's great to see so many young talented Scottish players in our team at the moment..

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2016, 11:46 PM

3 year, finishes summer 2018

Bronson
09-02-2016, 11:55 PM
He's definitely a Celtic fan, although as mentioned previously his grandad is a hibby. Love his passion though, to get that from a loan player is pretty special, not something you see very often.

There's not a chance he'll be coming to us permanently I'm afraid, Celtic would never have given him a 3 year deal if they didn't have plans for him. He's a lot better than Mcgregor who seems to be getting a game these days, probably better than Armstrong as well. Mind you, Scotty Allan is better than all 3, and look at him.

Nutmegged
10-02-2016, 12:06 AM
3 year, finishes summer 2018

5 year was it not

greenlex
10-02-2016, 12:10 AM
I get the impression that the laddie just loves playing fitba. He loves to score. He loves to celebrate and he loves to win. Although a Celtic supporter and although a Hibs player for now I don't think it would matter to him who he was playing for his passion and love of the game would shine through. We are lucky to have him. ( I believe it could have have been McGregor). I'm also led to believe his younger brother is a top player too.

Slicer
10-02-2016, 12:15 AM
From wiki:

This is the list of Celtic midfielders this year and their appearance count. Where does Liam fit in?

cabbageandribs1875
10-02-2016, 12:18 AM
5 year was it not

3 years mate

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-henderson/profil/spieler/193867

Current club:
http://akacdn.transfermarkt.de/images/wappen/tiny/903.png?lm=1420452746 (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/startseite/verein/903)Hibernian FC (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/startseite/verein/903)

In the team since:
Aug 14, 2015

Contract until:

on loan from:
Celtic FC (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/celtic-fc/startseite/verein/371)

Contract there until:

there's another article saying the same but i can't find it the now

cabbageandribs1875
10-02-2016, 12:21 AM
From wiki:

This is the list of Celtic midfielders this year and their appearance count. Where does Liam fit in?

how forrest gets so much game time baffles me

1875STEVE
10-02-2016, 12:22 AM
My granddad sadly passed away a few months back.

While visiting him in hospital, the male nurse charged with my granddad's care, claimed to be related to Liam, I'm sure he said he was an uncle.

He never mentioned wether he was a Hibby or not, but he did say that the yam Jamie Walker is his cousin.

cameronw-hfc
10-02-2016, 12:57 AM
My granddad sadly passed away a few months back.

While visiting him in hospital, the male nurse charged with my granddad's care, claimed to be related to Liam, I'm sure he said he was an uncle.

He never mentioned wether he was a Hibby or not, but he did say that the yam Jamie Walker is his cousin.

Don't think he is cousins with Walker. I was seeing Jamie Walkers cousin and she had no idea who Liam was until i told her. I grew up with Liam in school. He's a celtic fan through and through, same with his other two brothers, one who is at Celtic and the other who is at Broxburn, however Liam use to go to some Hibs games with his granddad as a kid hence the connection with the club. :aok: When I last spoke to him he was in the mindset that he was here to develop, get game time, and go back and fight for his place with Celtic but did say he wouldn't mind spending an extra year or two with the club as he's enjoying every moment of it here.

Hibeewilly
10-02-2016, 01:13 AM
He's definitely a Celtic fan, although as mentioned previously his grandad is a hibby. Love his passion though, to get that from a loan player is pretty special, not something you see very often.

There's not a chance he'll be coming to us permanently I'm afraid, Celtic would never have given him a 3 year deal if they didn't have plans for him. He's a lot better than Mcgregor who seems to be getting a game these days, probably better than Armstrong as well. Mind you, Scotty Allan is better than all 3, and look at him.
Sorry Bronson I have no idea where your info came from but I can categorically assure you that Liam Henderson is a Hibs fan born and bred!

Mikey09
10-02-2016, 01:16 AM
Here's what I think will happen...

When we're promoted this season, Henderson will head back to Celtic having the bug of playing regular 1st team football. Deila will have been sent packing and their new gaffer won't fancy Liam who won't stand for sitting on a bench at best. He will then then sign a permenant deal with Hibs who will have got him for peanuts.

Job done.

I look forward to being lavishly praised by everyone connected with Hibernian Football Club.

You're welcome.

:greengrin

jgl07
10-02-2016, 01:31 AM
Yet to see a loan player show the passion for our club that he does. If he's not a Hibs fan he's doing a good job hiding it.
Leigh Griffiths?

Purehibee_MYB
10-02-2016, 01:32 AM
Most celtc fans I've spoken to highly rate him and the three year deal from the club indicates that too. I'd love to get him for another year after this one but I get the feeling he's gonna get a shot in celtcs first team next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1875STEVE
10-02-2016, 01:36 AM
Don't think he is cousins with Walker. I was seeing Jamie Walkers cousin and she had no idea who Liam was until i told her. I grew up with Liam in school. He's a celtic fan through and through, same with his other two brothers, one who is at Celtic and the other who is at Broxburn, however Liam use to go to some Hibs games with his granddad as a kid hence the connection with the club. :aok: When I last spoke to him he was in the mindset that he was here to develop, get game time, and go back and fight for his place with Celtic but did say he wouldn't mind spending an extra year or two with the club as he's enjoying every moment of it here.

I'm maybe getting mixed up, thought it was Walker, was defo a yam midfielder.

Nutmegged
10-02-2016, 07:38 AM
3 years mate

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-henderson/profil/spieler/193867

Current club:
http://akacdn.transfermarkt.de/images/wappen/tiny/903.png?lm=1420452746 (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/startseite/verein/903)Hibernian FC (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/startseite/verein/903)

In the team since:
Aug 14, 2015

Contract until:

on loan from:
Celtic FC (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/celtic-fc/startseite/verein/371)

Contract there until:

there's another article saying the same but i can't find it the now

Cheers, read an article saying it was a 3 year extension with a years option

Nutmegged
10-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Here's what I think will happen...

When we're promoted this season, Henderson will head back to Celtic having the bug of playing regular 1st team football. Deila will have been sent packing and their new gaffer won't fancy Liam who won't stand for sitting on a bench at best. He will then then sign a permenant deal with Hibs who will have got him for peanuts.

Job done.

I look forward to being lavishly praised by everyone connected with Hibernian Football Club.

You're welcome.

:greengrin

What a scenario, I'm up for that, unfortunately though I think even if his card was marked at Celtic under Deila or anyone else, he is so highly thought of that teams in England would be willing to pay £1m-ish for him and with that the wages that come with it, this will definitely not be the same case as McGeouch

KeithTheHibby
10-02-2016, 07:48 AM

Celtic have a lot of midfielders at the moment. Scott Allan can't get a game and they also have Ryan Christie available. It's a hard midfield to get in to so it won't be that easy for Liam to get a game. Having us back in the top league would certainly make it a lot easier to try and entice him to join us providing of course Celtic would be willing to sell him.

J-C
10-02-2016, 09:19 AM
The lad has talent and is flourishing under Stubbs and as he's still young another loan deal might be the way to get him next season, if he's loving it here as some are saying, then all we can do is see after the season where we are, what the money is like and take it from there.

I'd still like to get Cummings and Hanlon signed up first as a priority, we don't want to lose JC for less than his worth and he may stay another season if his wages are worth staying, Hanlon is a no brainer as he's been our best defender all season.

cameronw-hfc
10-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Sorry Bronson I have no idea where your info came from but I can categorically assure you that Liam Henderson is a Hibs fan born and bred!

I can categorically assure you he is a Celtic fan. As are his other 2 brothers.

jacomo
10-02-2016, 09:58 AM
From wiki:

Just the 14 midfielders then. Might have been 15 but they swapped Henderson (on loan) and McGeough for Allan in the summer.

Even accounting for 2 or 3 prospects from the academy in the 1st team squad, that is a lot of players. Celtc have such a bloated squad.

JimBHibees
10-02-2016, 10:29 AM
I get the impression that the laddie just loves playing fitba. He loves to score. He loves to celebrate and he loves to win. Although a Celtic supporter and although a Hibs player for now I don't think it would matter to him who he was playing for his passion and love of the game would shine through. We are lucky to have him. ( I believe it could have have been McGregor). I'm also led to believe his younger brother is a top player too.

Couldnt agree more a talented kid who loves the game and wants to win. Some of his stuff on Sunday was terrific especially the cross for the first goal but also other bits like his left footed cross for Stokes, he really is a creative player who will set up many goals.

oconnors_strip
10-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Does it really matter what team he supports as long as when he pulls on the original green and white he plays with passion and thinks like a Hibee? Which from every game so far he has. I think after he leaves us he will always have a soft spot for us

Salt N Sauzee
10-02-2016, 10:46 AM

Love how folk just make things like this up based on their opinion. Gotta laugh :greengrin

Heisenberg
10-02-2016, 11:02 AM
He said himself he'd consider making the move permanent after a game in the hospitality. Most of the time that would be said to keep the fans happy but you can definitely see him wanting to stay. He loves it here. Don't think Celtc would sell him easily though.

Since90+2
10-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Even if Celtic did want to offload him we couldn't afford him.

They would want similar money to what we would be wanting for Cummings , or possibly more given he has a longer contract , which prices us out.

iwasthere1972
10-02-2016, 04:32 PM
He's here on loan
He's here on loan
Liam Henderson
He's here on loan

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Could just sing his name to the tune of this? http://youtu.be/c5jRfbeEIeU

ivan03
11-02-2016, 02:15 AM
Here's to you Liam Henderson!
Let's get that going on Tuesday night!!!

allezsauzee
11-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I'd be pleasantly surprised if Celtic wanted to sell Liam to us given that he's this good when he's 19. Hopefully if they feel he's developing well at Hibs under our coaching staff they'll be happy to let him stay next season