PDA

View Full Version : The 'scuffle'

AugustaHibs
08-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Surely there was a hearts player deserving to be sent off? Could clearly see a hibs player being choked and dragged to the ground on tv?

Billy Whizz
08-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Surely there was a hearts player deserving to be sent off? Could clearly see a hibs player being choked and dragged to the ground on tv?

Someone has their hand round McGinn's throat

AugustaHibs
08-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Someone has their hand round McGinn's throat

Seen that, and a hand over his mouth?

08-02-2016, 07:08 PM
It was their captain I think. The boy that took the armband when Ozturd went off

Sammy7nil
08-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Someone slapped their keeper :cb

itslegaltender
08-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Alexander got hit by their own player! :faf:

KWJ
08-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Someone slapped their keeper :cb

Think it was Stokes.

Oshiniwa initiated it all but reckon Thomson actually handled it all okay rather than pouring petrol on the fire.

Ryan91
08-02-2016, 11:18 PM
It was their captain I think. The boy that took the armband when Ozturd went off

Augustyn I believe

Super_JMcGinn
09-02-2016, 04:44 AM
If our players had reacted when Paterson put in that challenge on John on the touchline he would have been booked, we would have got the free kick and they wouldn't have scored a minute later. Their players no matter who they are always do it. I remember Fletcher being sent off at ER against them in similar circumstances, had they not reacted in the manner they did he would only have been booked, I have no doubt about that.

Libby Hibby
09-02-2016, 05:17 AM
I could see it fully kicking off until big Marv strolled over to calm things down. Nobody messes with Marv. End of.

That happened at 2-0 and sometimes a crunching tackle and a full scale pushing match is required and often acts as a catalyst to swing the fortune and it certainly happened with us.

I also felt our tone for the second half was set in minute 46 when big Marv cabbaged Djoum pretty much ending his influence on it. Marv booked and when jogging back to position, I saw Thomson tap him on the bum as if to say, 'well done, now they know there in for a game'

Lago
09-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Handbags, nothing like the good old days, Souness debut at ER.

brog
09-02-2016, 09:58 AM
In the last round vs sheep Nielson was brandishing imaginary cards & also telling a supposedly injured player to stay down. Yam class = no class!

Mikey09
09-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Are we really surprised they act this way?! They've done it for years! If the Hibs players had surrounded Thomson when there World Cup star went off the ground and through the back of JC he would have been sent off. However, isn't it brilliant to see a REAL team spirit within the boys now?! Stubbs, along with everyone else deserves huge credit for this.

AltheHibby
09-02-2016, 10:36 AM
In the last round vs sheep Nielson was brandishing imaginary cards & also telling a supposedly injured player to stay down. Yam class = no class!

To go with imaginary taxes they paid?

allezsauzee
09-02-2016, 11:08 AM
To go with imaginary taxes they paid?

:tee hee:

JimBHibees
09-02-2016, 11:26 AM
I notice in England teams get fines for failing to control their players when a gang of players surround an opposition player or referee to intimidate them. I take it this sort of thing doesnt happen in Scotland as Hearts seem to do it on a regular basis, also clearly did it in the recent Hamilton game.

GreenLake
09-02-2016, 11:51 AM
I notice in England teams get fines for failing to control their players when a gang of players surround an opposition player or referee to intimidate them. I take it this sort of thing doesnt happen in Scotland as Hearts seem to do it on a regular basis, also clearly did it in the recent Hamilton game.

It's going to get worse too as the imported thugs are being indoctrinated with maroon self-entitlement.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 11:56 AM
It's going to get worse too as the imported thugs are being indoctrinated with maroon self-entitlement.

It's another tactic they use to slow the game down while also putting pressure on the ref.

Foul after foul in "safe" positions, moan at the ref and get back into position.

It has the spin off benefit of making the ref lean towards them on 50/50 decisions - look at the number of penalties they've had this season.

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2016, 11:57 AM
It's another tactic they use to slow the game down while also putting pressure on the ref.

Foul after foul in "safe" positions, moan at the ref and get back into position.

It has the spin off benefit of making the ref lean towards them on 50/50 decisions - look at the number of penalties they've had this season.

very true. Although it was fantastic to see it backfire on them for our first goal! 2 quick free kicks leading to the cross :greengrin

Frazerbob
09-02-2016, 04:07 PM
I watched this a few times and have to say, I was really impressed with Stokes. He noticed straight away when the Hearts thug had thrown McGinn to the ground by his throat and steamed right it and took him out of the rammy. There was an obvious togetherness on show when it all kicked off. Great to see them have each others back.

Hibs Class
09-02-2016, 04:22 PM

I think we were wise to that on Sunday and tried to take quick free kicks to keep the momentum going