PDA

View Full Version : Cup top up numbers

Itsnoteasy
08-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know how many people took up CTU offer. Lots of people moaning that the club are losing out on revenue due to this.

hibbypostie
08-02-2016, 06:20 PM
its a gamble when you buy it lets be happy that it is good value as that means home ties and wins

Stuarty27
08-02-2016, 06:20 PM
The CTU was a no brainer this year, you could still get it for £50.00 and we had already drawn huns and Montrose at home so you only needed one more game for it to work.

Delighted I bought it this year.

Thecat23
08-02-2016, 06:21 PM
I've taken it up past 3 years been well worth it.

hibbypostie
08-02-2016, 06:23 PM
snap get it every year think only once was it not value for money but most years it has been

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know how many people took up CTU offer. Lots of people moaning that the club are losing out on revenue due to this.

Does it matter, every season the club offer a CTU, many folk take the gamble and some seasons it pays off other seasons it doesn't. The club know the odds and decide that having that extra revenue in before the season starts is worth the risk of having consecutive home ties in the cups. People also gamble on buying ST's when they know there is a fair chance of games being moved that they they will miss yet again Hibs benefit from this revenue at the start of the season. If those folk moaning feel so strongly about it they can buy more than one ticket and consider the unsued ticket as a contribution to Hibs.

emerald green
08-02-2016, 06:26 PM

Why are "lots of people" (how many would that be?) moaning about "people", i.e. supporters, taking up the CTU option?

Maybe we shouldn't have forked out hundreds of pounds, plus the cost of the CTU again, this season and kept all that "revenue" to ourselves?

If Hibs hadn't got a single home cup tie I wouldn't have moaned about it. It was something I was happy to do.

lucky
08-02-2016, 06:27 PM
I think it will go up in price next season. But ultimately it's a gamble for the club and fans alike

Itsnoteasy
08-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Does it matter, every season the club offer a CTU, many folk take the gamble and some seasons it pays off other seasons it doesn't. The club know the odds and decide that having that extra revenue in before the season starts is worth the risk of having consecutive home ties in the cups. People also gamble on buying ST's when they know there is a fair chance of games being moved that they they will miss yet again Hibs benefit from this revenue at the start of the season. If those folk moaning feel so strongly about it they can buy more than one ticket and consider the unsued ticket as a contribution to Hibs.

I've not got a problem. People on another thread moaning that HFC are now out of pocket due to CTU & they won't make much money out of replay.

Itsnoteasy
08-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Why are "lots of people" (how many would that be?) moaning about "people", i.e. supporters, taking up the CTU option?

Maybe we shouldn't have forked out hundreds of pounds, plus the cost of the CTU again, this season and kept all that "revenue" to ourselves?

If Hibs hadn't got a single home cup tie I wouldn't have moaned about it. It was something I was happy to do.

Exactly & you wouldn't be asking for your £50 back.

Scouse Hibee
I've not got a problem. People on another thread moaning that HFC are now out of pocket due to CTU & they won't make much money out of replay.

Yeah mate, I knew that was what you were alluding to, wasn't having a go at you.

Onceinawhile

I think people is stretching it. One person mentioned it, as a joke.

Sir David Gray
08-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Basically all those cup topuppers are doing the club out of thousands.

Shocking behaviour.

:wink:

bigwheel
08-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Basically all those cup topuppers are doing the club out of thousands.

Shocking behaviour.

:wink:

yep, I'd take their loyalty points away for this selfish CTU :)

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 06:33 PM

So it's just a wind up then? Fair enough.

Glory Lurker
08-02-2016, 06:51 PM
I knew we would have loads of home cup games this season, so didn't take up the CTU so that I could spend more than the cost of the CTU in buying cup tickets to help the club overcome the hit they must be taking due to the CTU spongers. :greengrin

wookie70
08-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Fair play to those who took the gamble. I'll pay my money for the replay and I haven't lost out so no idea why anyone is having a go at those who paid in advance. You can't back a winning horse after the race has been run.

In general I don't agree with the Cup Top up on principle. A gamble between a supporter and the club will result in a winner and a loser. Not a situation that should be encouraged in my opinion. Everything between Hibs and supporters should be about being in this together.

iwasthere1972
08-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Spent ages on the phone on the last day that it was available but couldn't get through.

Proved to be very costly.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Spent ages on the phone on the last day that it was available but couldn't get through.

Proved to be very costly.

How big was your phone bill?

Hibernia&Alba
08-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Just to clarify, does it include replays e.g. Hearts game? I was thinking the small print might have said replays not included, but can't remember.

Hibernia&Alba
08-02-2016, 07:44 PM
How big was your phone bill?

A4 folded in half :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Just to clarify, does it include replays e.g. Hearts game? I was thinking the small print might have said replays not included, but can't remember.

Yes is included.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 07:52 PM
A4 folded in half :greengrin

:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
08-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Fair play to those who took the gamble. I'll pay my money for the replay and I haven't lost out so no idea why anyone is having a go at those who paid in advance. You can't back a winning horse after the race has been run.

In general I don't agree with the Cup Top up on principle. A gamble between a supporter and the club will result in a winner and a loser. Not a situation that should be encouraged in my opinion. Everything between Hibs and supporters should be about being in this together.

At one time cup ties were included in your season ticket. Now supporters who are stumping up large sums of money in advance supporting their club are offered entrance to any home cup ties as an optional extra at a reasonable cost. If Hanlon hadn't scored that late equaliser I would have broken even.
Can't see what is wrong with that and for folks to start sniping at fans who have taking the gamble is a bit below the belt.

stoneyburn hibs
08-02-2016, 08:20 PM
I never added the cup top up, knowing that I would struggle to make some mid-week games. It has certainly been good value to those that did, pay your money and take your chances.
Not going to miss the replay though, can't wait for that.
Maybe just maybe the boy will start offering some sort of payment towards his tickets, the double dunt takes it's toll on the wallet.

08-02-2016, 08:40 PM
It's a gamble you take at the start of the season. This season we have been very lucky with how the draws have gone in terms of getting home ties, other seasons we might get no home ties.

Winston Ingram
08-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Cup top up was a no brainer this season. Our 1st 2 games were home cup ties.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 08:42 PM

That boy's an arse.