PDA

View Full Version : Replay ticket details

JimBHibees
08-02-2016, 10:01 AM
On sale from tomorrow.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6169

JimBHibees
08-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Assuming that if you buy ticket and are a current season ticket the access would be added to your season card?

hibeesjoe
08-02-2016, 11:55 AM
I suppose it can't be helped as its all pre-arranged between clubs but £28 seems a bit steep. I know everyone should get behind the team but the high price might put a good few fans off coming now.

SeanWilson
08-02-2016, 11:58 AM
I suppose it can't be helped as its all pre-arranged between clubs but £28 seems a bit steep. I know everyone should get behind the team but the high price might put a good few fans off coming now.

saving grace is only 3oddK hibs fans managed to get tickets for yesterday, which leaves a hell of a lot who dont have to pay £28 twice. Hearts will sell out their allocation as they always do.

I think it should be a decent gate, however back to your original point - £28 is too expensive.

CallumLaidlaw
08-02-2016, 12:06 PM
saving grace is only 3oddK hibs fans managed to get tickets for yesterday, which leaves a hell of a lot who dont have to pay £28 twice. Hearts will sell out their allocation as they always do.

I think it should be a decent gate, however back to your original point - £28 is too expensive.

Plus those with a cup top up dont have £28. What a bargain thats turned out to be this season! This will be the 6th home cup game, which has included games against Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd!!

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Folk with the cup top up should be considering making an additional donation to the club this season.

HibsNutter
08-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Folk with the cup top up should be considering making an additional donation to the club this season.

Why? We paid extra money for our season ticket with no guarantee that we would even have a home cup tie. Deservedly rewarded.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Why? We paid extra money for our season ticket with no guarantee that we would even have a home cup tie. Deservedly rewarded.

Rewarded by stiffing the club for money. Imagine what Stubbsy could do with that extra income.

KdyHby
08-02-2016, 12:21 PM

As a cup top up holder, before reading this I'd decided to buy tickets for a young carer and her pal so they can attend the replay. Had I not known about them I'd have donated to Leith Links so that they could have passed them on to a couple of kids. http://leithlinks4kids.com/

Bukta#8
08-02-2016, 12:54 PM
As a cup top up holder, before reading this I'd decided to buy tickets for a young carer and her pal so they can attend the replay. Had I not known about them I'd have donated to Leith Links so that they could have passed them on to a couple of kids. http://leithlinks4kids.com/
Fantastic gesture👍

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 12:56 PM

Well done.

lyonhibs
08-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Rewarded by stiffing the club for money. Imagine what Stubbsy could do with that extra income.

Excellent :fishin: expedition there DH :greengrin

CentreLine
08-02-2016, 01:17 PM

I, and many others like me, am a Season Ticket holder, Share holder with new shares purchased in the last realease. I am an HSL share holder and have continued my contribution to HSL indeffinitely, despite having completed my minimum purchase. Finally I subscribe to Hibs TV as I am very often unable to attend games. I think it is a bit harsh to suggest that I, and supporters like me, stiff the club for money because we pay a little extra for a season ticket on the off-chance there may be a cup game or two to enjoy at ER.

We all support the club whatever way we can or whatever way we choose. Some have chosen to walk away and not support the club at all, they have every right to make that choice. But I would ask anyone who feels Cup Top-Up is "stiffing" the club to reconsider that opinion. It is a way of getting a little extra in to the club at the vital time when season tickets go on sale and the club needs to assess what it might have for the player budget as the year progresses.

Brightside
08-02-2016, 01:24 PM

Hahaha.... or maybe everyone else should have invested a little more at the start of the season?

Phil MaGlass
08-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Would be good to see a pay at the gate for this. Yep I know it will never happn but we could then b lookin at a guid crowd. Anyhoos, reckon a big turnout of Hibs fans for this one.

staunchhibby
08-02-2016, 01:59 PM
Another bargain for us with top ups.Got our money back already 👍

Onion
08-02-2016, 02:35 PM

Agree, they split the gate so should have agreed a cheaper rate for the reply. Poor show.

JimBHibees
08-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Agree, they split the gate so should have agreed a cheaper rate for the reply. Poor show.

Hearts would need to agree to any reduction

Big_Franck
08-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Would be good to see a pay at the gate for this. Yep I know it will never happn but we could then b lookin at a guid crowd. Anyhoos, reckon a big turnout of Hibs fans for this one.

I doubt those days will ever return and i'm not sure there is any real need for it. Most folk have smartphones now and if you buy a ticket for our home games you get emailed the pdf of the match ticket. Open the pdf at the turnstile on your phone and it scans you in. It means you can buy your ticket on your phone on the way to the game if you want. I don't think enough folk know about that but it's really handy.

hibeg
08-02-2016, 03:19 PM
My mate said he phoned TO today and was told tickets were only on sale to season ticket holders from tomorrow till Friday
I read it that anyone can get tickets from tomorrow, just not allowed to get a season ticket holders seat till Friday
Is that the case?

Itsnoteasy
08-02-2016, 03:27 PM

If 9000 had paid the £50 at start of season that would have been £450000 in the coffers.
Would you have been so vocal and offered everyone a refund of £50 CTU if there was no home cup games, doubt it.

Dashing Bob S
08-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Good show. After having a long moan about pricing, I'm going to sit on my arse and do nothing, then scramble at the last minute for a ticket, before complaining that I can't get one in my preferred section and threatening to never go back again.

Anybody else in? Don't be shy!

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 03:43 PM
If 9000 had paid the £50 at start of season that would have been £450000 in the coffers.
Would you have been so vocal and offered everyone a refund of £50 CTU if there was no home cup games, doubt it.

Maybe I would, I don't know. All I can see on the face if it is we have a "money spinning" replay but the club won't be making much out of it.

NYHibby
08-02-2016, 03:52 PM
My mate said he phoned TO today and was told tickets were only on sale to season ticket holders from tomorrow till Friday
I read it that anyone can get tickets from tomorrow, just not allowed to get a season ticket holders seat till Friday
Is that the case?

The club definitely used to do that with the general sale starting and season ticket holders seats were reserved until a later date. From the website it isn't clear to me what they are doing this time. I am going to try to buy tickets online tomorrow anyway. Worst case the website won’t let me, and I’ll have to wait until Friday.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 04:10 PM
Assuming that if you buy ticket and are a current season ticket the access would be added to your season card?

Yes mate it is and is confirmed on the ticketing site when you purchase it.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2016, 04:14 PM
The club definitely used to do that with the general sale starting and season ticket holders seats were reserved until a later date. From the website it isn't clear to me what they are doing this time. I am going to try to buy tickets online tomorrow anyway. Worst case the website won’t let me, and I’ll have to wait until Friday.

All tickets on sale tomorrow, ST seats reserved until Friday is what is happening.

Hibeesforever
08-02-2016, 05:22 PM

I don't begrudge paying £28 for excitement and pride like Sunday. In fact, I hope I have the opportunity more often as it will mean Hibs are back.
A sell out with fans all singing 10 mins before kick off would be a fitting tribute to this team. Hibs sides have rarely come back against Hearts.Sunday is half the job but was epic and inspiring.

emerald green
08-02-2016, 05:29 PM

No they don't. Not always. They only sell out when they feel they have a good chance of winning.

At the 6-2 game their stand was half empty. They didn't fancy that one at all, and they were proven correct. Big style.

As an aside, for cup ties against Celtic for example recently, again lots of them go AWOL.

3pm
08-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Fair play to the guy who was in the ticket office today Trying to get them.

Itsnoteasy
08-02-2016, 06:04 PM
Maybe I would, I don't know. All I can see on the face if it is we have a "money spinning" replay but the club won't be making much out of it.

How many people took up the CTU? I have no idea.
I doubt they will hardly make any money out of it.
ICT at home if we progress, cue the complaining for the CTU
Brigade

SON OF PADDY
09-02-2016, 06:39 AM
Hahaha.... or maybe everyone else should have invested a little more at the start of the season?

To the tune of the John McGinn song.

CTU We've bought CTU and I just don't think he understands !!
We paid our £50 , Yes an extra £50 ! We'll be sitting in the stand's...;-)

GordonHFC
09-02-2016, 07:09 AM
The club actively encourages fans to buy a CTU and then when we do we get criticised for it. I will be buying a couple of tickets I wouldn't normally have done so my daughter and her boyfriend who do not normally go to games can come along. Me still bad?

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 07:20 AM
To the tune of the John McGinn song.

CTU We've bought CTU and I just don't think he understands !!
We paid our £50 , Yes an extra £50 ! We'll be sitting in the stand's...;-)

That's fine mate - as long as your conscience is fine with it.

It's a lot of money the club are losing though.

SeanWilson
09-02-2016, 07:28 AM
That's fine mate - as long as your conscious is fine with it.

WTF would his conscience be an issue? You buy the CTU knowing it may or may not pay for itself, in this case the fans have got a great deal and they are now somehow bad people? Away.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 07:29 AM
WTF would his conscience be an issue? You buy the CTU knowing it may or may not pay for itself, in this case the fans have got a great deal and they are now somehow bad people? Away.

Maybe they should cap how many matches are included? We need to give the club as much money as we can.

Allant1981
09-02-2016, 07:30 AM
That's fine mate - as long as your conscious is fine with it.

You really are fishing big time but ill bite, this is an extra game so anything we get is extra income, the club offers the CTU knowing we might have every cup game at home as the club want cash at the start of the season, at least you are getting the reaction you are after

Onceinawhile
09-02-2016, 07:31 AM
You really are fishing big time but ill bite, this is an extra game so anything we get is extra income, the club offers the CTU knowing we might have every cup game at home as the club want cash at the start of the season, at least you are getting the reaction you are after

Indeed. If we sell enough tickets it won't be a problem at all.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 07:33 AM

How many times have the club made money out of the CTU? If I was involved I'd be seriously considering scrapping it.

SeanWilson
Maybe they should cap how many matches are included? We need to give the club as much money as we can.

Maybe they should, however in this case they haven't and have actually gone out to specify that the CTU applies. To suggest people should start forking out another £28 or they're bad people is rank. I'm sure there are folk who can and will pay to help the club but most people taking up the CTU are probably doing so in the hope they may manage to save a little bit on cup matches.... I for one wish I wasn't scraping about for another £56 for me and the Mrs.

Pretty Boy
If Hibs didn't feel the 'risk' of offering a cup top up was worth it they could quite simply withdraw the offer in future.

It's been offered for years, some years it's worked out well for Hibs, other years for the ST holder. I don't get why it's suddenly become a big deal now.

Allant1981
09-02-2016, 07:36 AM
How many times have the club made money out of the CTU? If I was involved I'd be seriously considering scrapping it.

They will make a lot of money from it at the start of the season, if it wasnt working financially for the club they would scrap it, seeing as they havent then im guessing it works.

Craig_HFC
09-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Danderhall Hibs: Hibs.net's undisputed number 1 fisherman

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 07:45 AM
If Hibs didn't feel the 'risk' of offering a cup top up was worth it they could quite simply withdraw the offer in future.

It's been offered for years, some years it's worked out well for Hibs, other years for the ST holder. I don't get why it's suddenly become a big deal now.

We usually do not too bad in the cups and we normally get a few home draws. I think the club have lost a lot of money on the CTU over the years.

All that money that didn't go to HSL.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Maybe they should, however in this case they haven't and have actually gone out to specify that the CTU applies. To suggest people should start forking out another £28 or they're bad people is rank. I'm sure there are folk who can and will pay to help the club but most people taking up the CTU are probably doing so in the hope they may manage to save a little bit on cup matches.... I for one wish I wasn't scraping about for another £56 for me and the Mrs.

:agree: I agree the ticket prices are far too high. Makes the CTU seem completely out of proportion.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2016, 07:48 AM
We usually do not too bad in the cups and we normally get a few home draws. I think the club have lost a lot of money on the CTU over the years.

Maybe you should address these concerns to Hibs rather than aiming it at the consumer.

Whether we like it or not Hibs are a business, and whilst not as profit motivated as others there is still an obligation and desire to balance the books, if the business case for a CTU didn't stack up consistently it would be withdrawn.

matty_f
09-02-2016, 07:50 AM

We know what Stubbs did with the extra income. He used it to sign the players to get us this far. :wink:

lord bunberry
09-02-2016, 07:55 AM

If it's a bad deal for the club they wouldn't continue to sell them. I've no idea how many we sell, but it can't be enough to make a significant difference to our revenue.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 07:55 AM
Maybe you should address these concerns to Hibs rather than aiming it at the consumer.

Whether we like it or not Hibs are a business, and whilst not as profit motivated as others there is still an obligation and desire to balance the books, if the business case for a CTU didn't stack up consistently it would be withdrawn.

I'm not aiming it at the consumer - I'm gathering thoughts.

I'm pretty sure Rod will have clocked the loss that's being/been made already but it's maybe worth dropping them a note.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 07:56 AM
We know what Stubbs did with the extra income. He used it to sign the players to get us this far. :wink:

We'll never know what he'd have done with the money he's not been able to get though. Maybe Osman would've signed after all.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 07:57 AM
If it's a bad deal for the club they wouldn't continue to sell them. I've no idea how many we sell, but it can't be enough to make a significant difference to our revenue.

I think this might be the last at the bargain basement price of £50.

Green Man
09-02-2016, 08:07 AM
Maybe Hibs could follow Arsenal's lead and add an extra cost to next season's ST price because there have already been "too many" home cup ties.

The CTU has always been a bit of a gamble, but seasons like this one are a reward for fans who pay out that bit extra on top of the standard ST price at the start of the season.

hibs0666
09-02-2016, 08:07 AM
I think this might be the last at the bargain basement price of £50.

Sounds ominous.

marinello59
09-02-2016, 08:13 AM

His conscience should be clear, he gave the club an extra £50 without knowing if he would get any benefit from it. Well done to all of those who did that.
I chose not to take the cup top up because mid-week games are difficult for me to get to. Its cost me a fortune because I have gone to them anyway, been worth every penny though. :greengrin

matty_f
09-02-2016, 08:18 AM
We'll never know what he'd have done with the money he's not been able to get though. Maybe Osman would've signed after all.

With this fixture coming after the window's shut, it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

easty
09-02-2016, 08:21 AM
As well as paying for cup tickets when you already have the CTU, I'd also recommend putting in £1.50 when you get on the bus down to the game, rather than using your bus pass.

LRT are losing income here. They didn't expect Hibs to get so many home games. Think how good the service could be with the extra money.

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm not aiming it at the consumer - I'm gathering thoughts.

I'm pretty sure Rod will have clocked the loss that's being/been made already but it's maybe worth dropping them a note.

Your original post on this was clearly a joke, but since you've got a few bites, you've chosen to carry on. Here's been our home cup fixtures from the last 6 seasons. Based on a cup top up being £50, I reckon the club have been quite happy getting that up front (when you consider some of the games wouldve been just £10 for an adult, while others £28) up until this season. I suppose we'll know next season if the club still think this is worth the risk.

10/11
Jan - SC - Ayr

11/12
Aug - LC - Berwick
Oct - LC - Celtic
Feb - SC - Kilmarnock

12/13
Dec - SC - Hearts
Feb - SC - Aberdeen

13/14
Sep - LC - Stranraer
Oct - LC - Hearts
Feb - SC - Raith

14/15
Aug - LC - Dumbarton
Oct - LC - Dundee Utd
Feb - SC - Arbroath
Mar - SC - Berwick

15/16
Jul - CC - Rangers
Aug - LC - Montrose
Aug - LC - Stranraer
Sep - LC - Aberdeen
Nov - LC - Dundee Utd
Feb - SC - Hearts
Mar - SC - ICT??????

So in 2010/2011, I paid £50 to see Hibs play Ayr. I don't remember any non cup top up holders putting extra cash in to balance things up :wink:

Hermit Crab
09-02-2016, 08:22 AM

Hahaha, the cup top up is the clubs idea, they know they might take a hit.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2016, 08:23 AM

Boo hoo.

JimBHibees
09-02-2016, 08:34 AM
I didnt buy a CTU as struggle to get through for some midweek nights as coach a kids team however it is a gamble that has paid off brilliantly for people buying. Could quite easily go season after season not getting a home tie, just the way it goes.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 08:35 AM
With this fixture coming after the window's shut, it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

In the summer.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 08:36 AM
As well as paying for cup tickets when you already have the CTU, I'd also recommend putting in £1.50 when you get on the bus down to the game, rather than using your bus pass.

LRT are losing income here. They didn't expect Hibs to get so many home games. Think how good the service could be with the extra money.

:hilarious

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 08:36 AM
Your original post on this was clearly a joke, but since you've got a few bites, you've chosen to carry on. Here's been our home cup fixtures from the last 6 seasons. Based on a cup top up being £50, I reckon the club have been quite happy getting that up front (when you consider some of the games wouldve been just £10 for an adult, while others £28) up until this season. I suppose we'll know next season if the club still think this is worth the risk.

10/11
Jan - SC - Ayr

11/12
Aug - LC - Berwick
Oct - LC - Celtic
Feb - SC - Kilmarnock

12/13
Dec - SC - Hearts
Feb - SC - Aberdeen

13/14
Sep - LC - Stranraer
Oct - LC - Hearts
Feb - SC - Raith

14/15
Aug - LC - Dumbarton
Oct - LC - Dundee Utd
Feb - SC - Arbroath
Mar - SC - Berwick

15/16
Jul - CC - Rangers
Aug - LC - Montrose
Aug - LC - Stranraer
Sep - LC - Aberdeen
Nov - LC - Dundee Utd
Feb - SC - Hearts
Mar - SC - ICT??????

So in 2010/2011, I paid £50 to see Hibs play Ayr. I don't remember any non cup top up holders putting extra cash in to balance things up :wink:

So it's basically been run at a loss in all but one season?

They need to have a look at this.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Hahaha, the cup top up is the clubs idea, they know they might take a hit.

As Callum has shown they pretty much always take a hit.

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2016, 08:40 AM

you think? I think the only season that will be a proper loss will be this season. And even then, I doubt the club are making an actual LOSS. Every cup game is a bonus and I can't see there being more than 1000 CTU's.
I just highlighted 10/11 as that is the only season we had 1 game. Imagine if the club dropped it for next season and then we got no home games - what a loss they would have made. Your suggestion would have just cost the club £50k

At the start of the season the club are getting an extra (say) £50k in the budget to plan with, and then every cup game at home that season will bring in additional income on top of that. I'm sure this is exactly how the club see it.

bigwheel
09-02-2016, 08:42 AM
only some Hibs fans could make a negative out of fans for once getting a little upside...meanwhile the rest of British football are planning protests about ticket prices.

Didn't get a CTU , but I'm delighted for those who did - backed Hibs when asked, and now getting some great football value..top notch!

macca70
09-02-2016, 08:43 AM

The club are hardly making a loss, maybe marginally making less profit.

These cup games were previously included in your season ticket so you could say they are now making significantly more by not including cup games in your season tick

hibs0666
09-02-2016, 08:45 AM

Every season - have a wee think about the economics of a football club and you'll see why.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2016, 08:49 AM
As Callum has shown they pretty much always take a hit.

Its ok though, they make it back up by selling a bottle of juice for £2.20 when the rrp is a £1 in shops.

JimBHibees
09-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Its ok though, they make it back up by selling a bottle of juice for £2.20 when the rrp is a £1 in shops.

Do they get that money though

CentreLine
09-02-2016, 08:51 AM

It's not a big deal. It's one individual trolling everyone else pretty much understands the concept of CTU and has no issue.

Frazerbob
09-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Anyway, getting back to the matter in hand.....it seems the ticket site is a tad busy!

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 08:52 AM
As Callum has previously said, I would also think that the number who bought the cup top up was around about the 1,000 mark. Was it £50 regardless of whether you are a child/concession etc?

Hermit Crab
09-02-2016, 08:52 AM

They must see some of it otherwise prices wouldn't be so high!

SeanWilson
09-02-2016, 08:55 AM

Hibs run the catering themselves now👍

JimBHibees
09-02-2016, 08:56 AM
They must see some of it otherwise prices wouldn't be so high!

You might be right not sure how it works would imagine the company running it would pay an amount to the club to provide the service that may be a flat fee per outlet or may be a fee and also tied to how much they sell. It may be that the club doesnt get any of the proceeds of the sales and that prices are set by the caterers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Getting my tickets at lunchtime today, cannot wait!

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2016, 09:02 AM
As Callum has previously said, I would also think that the number who bought the cup top up was around about the 1,000 mark. Was it £50 regardless of whether you are a child/concession etc?

I think a child/concession was £25 off the top of my head.

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 09:07 AM

:aok: A bargain

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 09:08 AM
It's not a big deal. It's one individual trolling everyone else pretty much understands the concept of CTU and has no issue.

Trolling = offering a different opinion?

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 09:08 AM

:aok: So it wouldn't cost the club as much as you said then.

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2016, 09:11 AM
:aok: So it wouldn't cost the club as much as you said then.

:aok:

JimBHibees
09-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Hibs run the catering themselves now

OK cheers :aok:

BoltonHibernian
09-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Still waiting! It seems it's quite busy.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Hibs run the catering themselves now

I dont think they do. The hospitality is in house now but I don't think the catering stalls are in house, there was a plan to bring it all in house but I don't think it happened.

legends of 73
09-02-2016, 09:16 AM

you never went to some of those cup games so you stiffled Stubbs with extra income:greengrin:greengrin

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 09:17 AM
So to summarise

Hibs get a cut of the catering or a flat fee?
Hospitality
Profits from food and drink in BTG
Attendance of about 16,000, maybe about 1,000 who have cup top ups

Anything else?

Thanks to Paul Hanlon's injury time equaliser, I think that Hibs might just make an acceptable profit. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 09:28 AM
So to summarise

Hibs get a cut of the catering or a flat fee?
Hospitality
Profits from food and drink in BTG
Attendance of about 16,000, maybe about 1,000 who have cup top ups

Anything else?

Thanks to Paul Hanlon's injury time equaliser, I think that Hibs might just make an acceptable profit. :wink:

Could've been so much more.

CapitalGreen
09-02-2016, 09:32 AM

Alternatively, if Stubbs didn't have the budget to build a stronger squad in the summer using the CTU money we could have been punted out by Hearts in the first game.

You also make the assumption that CTU holders would have attended every fixture. I know of at least 2 CTU holders that can't attend the replay.

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Alternatively, if Stubbs didn't have the budget to build a stronger squad in the summer using the CTU money we could have been punted out by Hearts in the first game.

You also make the assumption that CTU holders would have attended every fixture. I know of at least 2 CTU holders that can't attend the replay.

That was my thought as well. I think a fair chunk wouldn't have attended all the games if they hadn't had a cup top up and obviously their seats would have been empty anyway. They still might have not gone to all the included matches. We'll never know.

I hardly think that Hibs will be looking at whatever loss they have had on CTU's considering the extra income we've had from getting to the LC final and a replay against Them at ER. Get past that one and even more money to come. I have a sneaky feeling that the bank manager will be happy enough with that.

SeanWilson
09-02-2016, 09:40 AM
I dont think they do. The hospitality is in house now but I don't think the catering stalls are in house, there was a plan to bring it all in house but I don't think it happened.

oh right, didn't know that - thought all was in house...

GordonHFC
09-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Anyone managed to buy a ticket yet. Been waiting for 45 minutes and getting nowhere fast.

hibee-boys
09-02-2016, 09:48 AM
The club are in a no lose situation with cup top ups, should there be a higher than anticipated number of cup home games the profit they make from the rest of us will far exceed any small loss incurred for cup top ups. If there are fewer home cup games than anticipated they'll make money from top ups.

Dumfrieshibs
09-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Tickets bought and printed off.......guid lassie that Mrs Dumfries :flag:

Kaff
09-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Situations like this have to be marketed positively by the club, next season's tickets should be advertised as 'look how much value a season ticket and CTU represented'. Make a big play on how much per game a saving was made and there could well be more funds available for the manager next preseason.
As has been said cup income is always budgeted as extra income whereas the CTU money goes directly to the immediate playing budget, we've obviously made a profit from both cup competitions this season so a good boost all round if some season ticket holders are getting a bonus too.

GordonHFC
09-02-2016, 09:55 AM
Got my 2 extra now 

Edit: Make that 3 extra

doddsy
09-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Anyone managed to buy a ticket yet. Been waiting for 45 minutes and getting nowhere fast.

Got mine. Can't wait. GIRUY to the Jam Tarts and their pishy crumbling horrible stadium.

:gwa: :flag::hibees:giruy2::party::scarf::partyhibb:smok in:cup::clapper:

Ozyhibby
09-02-2016, 10:02 AM
This CTU debate is making the loyalty points debate look high brow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CentreLine
09-02-2016, 10:06 AM

I think this might be the moment you reveal your contribution to the club and show the sceptics Just how deeply you feel about our club 🤗

Fishwicke
09-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Trolling = offering a different opinion?= ! <'(((((=<

SON OF PADDY
09-02-2016, 11:40 AM

Conscience clear !!
Been down to Easter Rd this morning
Waited with my fellow supporters for about 90 minutes, two tickets bought for non CTU fan's.
By god I feel good. !!!

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Conscience clear !!
Been down to Easter Rd this morning
Waited with my fellow supporters for about 90 minutes, two tickets bought for non CTU fan's.
By god I feel good. !!!

good for you mate, if only others weren't only in it for themselves.

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 11:57 AM

Now you are taken it to a different level. It's the gamble you take. We could have been knocked out of both cups at the first attempt and not even had a home match. I'm sure Hibs will looking at the extra revenue that those games have made and have yet to make rather than the loss with Cup Top Ups. I can hear Petrie counting the cash from here and that's over the noise of the auctioneer on Bargain Hunt.

Loyality points and Cup Top Ups. Aaaaaaarrrrggggghhhh.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Now you are taken it to a different level. It's the gamble you take. We could have been knocked out of both cups at the first attempt and not even had a home match. I'm sure Hibs will looking at the extra revenue that those games have made and have yet to make rather than the loss with Cup Top Ups. I can hear Petrie counting the cash from here and that's over the noise of the auctioneer on Bargain Hunt.

Loyality points and Cup Top Ups. Aaaaaaarrrrggggghhhh.

We could’ve been knocked out early but we rarely ever are so this is weighted in the fans’ favour IMO.

There’s been complaints on here over the years about discount offers being made to non-ST holders, however surely that’s just the gamble they’ve taken and if they benefit from a “3 matches for £30” deal it’s well done to them?

You're right about loyalty points and cup top ups though – why should someone who’s only paid £50 to go to £100 odd quid’s worth of matches get the same number of loyalty points?

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2016, 12:03 PM

:tee hee::tee hee::giruy2:

You may have your opinion, but that comment is definitely trolling. Come on eh. Do all fans have an unlimited supply of money? No - but I was happy to add the £50 to my payment plan at the start of the season for me and my son in the hope that we'd get a few home games out of it. In recent weeks I've paid for me and him to be at Falkirk, Raith, Tynecastle x 2, and have a cup final to pay for at the weekend. Add that to my share purchase, HSL membership, hundreds of pounds spent in the club shop every season - to say that people are in it for themselves because they've beneifted from the cup top up is totally out of order.

Well done you got a bite tho!

Salt N Sauzee
09-02-2016, 12:03 PM

Surely trolling. What absolute nonsense :hilarious:fishin:

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Surely trolling. What absolute nonsense :hilarious:fishin:

It's not trolling - it's offering a different opinion.

bigwheel
09-02-2016, 12:07 PM
It's not trolling - it's offering a different opinion.

no it's not...suggesting people are selfish by simply using the cup top up they have paid for is very poor banter - definitely trolling...

I don't have a CTU, but I am absolutely delighted for those who dug into their pocket when Hibs asked at the start of the season..

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 12:08 PM
no it's not...suggesting people are selfish by simply using the cup top up they have paid for is very poor banter - definitely trolling...

I don't have a CTU, but I am absolutely delighted for those who dug into their pocket when Hibs asked at the start of the season..

I'm sorry that you've misunderstood my posts.

bigwheel
09-02-2016, 12:11 PM

What a patronising post....there is nothing unclear in your "if only others weren't only in it for themselves." post

marinello59
09-02-2016, 12:12 PM

At least you have recognised now that the club isn't losing anything here, these cup runs are giving us a much needed financial boost.
Nobody who took the CTU should feel that they have any need to pay extra now at all. Instead of concentrating on the £50 figure why not focus on the actual figure those fans paid for their season tickets, £410. That's a hefty sum and certainly not worthy of any sort of criticism at all.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 12:14 PM
At least you have recognised now that the club isn't losing anything here, these cup runs are giving us a much needed financial boost.
Nobody who took the CTU should feel that they have any need to pay extra now at all. Instead of concentrating on the £50 figure why not focus on the actual figure those fans paid for their season tickets, £410. That's a hefty sum and certainly not worthy of any sort of criticism at all.

:agree: far too expensive but the club need that to break even.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 12:15 PM
What a patronising post....there is nothing unclear in your "if only others weren't only in it for themselves." post

I'm still not sure why/how this is "trolling". It's a fact that the club would be better off if folk paid full price.

My_Wife_Camille
09-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Can't believe people are falling for it

marinello59
09-02-2016, 12:18 PM
I'm still not sure why/how this is "trolling". It's a fact that the club would be better off if folk paid full price.

Behave, your snidey comments at fans who have taken the CTU goes beyond merely offering opinion. Time to stop fishing.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Behave, your snidey comments at fans who have taken the CTU goes beyond merely offering opinion. Time to stop fishing.

I'll not reply anymore - it's clear that some folk are a bit touchy about it so I'll maybe leave it alone.

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 12:36 PM
I'll not reply anymore - it's clear that some folk are a bit touchy about it so I'll maybe leave it alone.

Your best post today. :wink:

CentreLine
09-02-2016, 12:36 PM

:troll: If you pick on a narrow point, make it in to a ficticious issue and use it to continually attack a section of the posters on here then you are trolling plain and simple.

When you purchased your season ticket did you not consider making the additional contribution of £50 towards the club?

McD
09-02-2016, 12:42 PM

Isnt the same argument to be applied to a season ticket as well then? The small discount you get buying a season ticket is conning the club out of the money you'd pay at the gate every week.

youre taking a ridiculous stance on this - people have chosen to take up (or not) something THE CLUB have chosen to make available - this isn't being in for only yourself

McD
09-02-2016, 12:46 PM

Thats not not a fact at all. Some of the CTU purchasers may not have had the money to attend individual cup games, and therefore the players would have had less support - just as much a 'fact' as what you've said.

lyonhibs
09-02-2016, 01:48 PM

An absolute masterclass IMO :agree:

Craig_HFC
09-02-2016, 01:54 PM

An absolute masterclass IMO :agree:

The boys on Deadliest Catch would be ecstatic with the amount of bites Danderhall Hibs has had!

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2016, 01:58 PM

Still reeling them in I see.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Still reeling them in I see.

I think he's stolen your mantle SH! :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2016, 03:48 PM
I think he's stolen your mantle SH! :greengrin

Indeed he has :-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Indeed he has :-)

Nae nibbles at all on the 6 Nations thread, I think you need some new material! :-)

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Nae nibbles at all on the 6 Nations thread, I think you need some new material! :-)

I'll be back :-)

KdyHby
15-02-2016, 02:51 PM

The young carer couldn't attend tomorrow night, so I bought her two tickets for the Alloa match today. She was delighted when I handed them in.