PDA

View Full Version : And so it starts: Keith Jackson, Daily Record "Stubbs to Celtic"

scott7_0(Prague)
08-02-2016, 07:51 AM
I am amazed it too so long - But here it is.

KEITH believes that it is only a matter of time before Peter Lawwell makes the decision that Ronny Deila must go and Alan Stubbs must come in.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-how-long-until-7328326#W1LVld71mv1aUs7w.97

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 07:53 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-how-long-until-7328326#W1LVld71mv1aUs7w.97

Folk have been speculating about this speculation on here since last season.

Springbank
08-02-2016, 07:53 AM
"Keith believes..."

:greengrin

Craig_HFC
08-02-2016, 07:55 AM
I believe that Keith is a fud.

GloryGlory
08-02-2016, 08:06 AM

Just KJ doing his masters from Ibrox bidding, IMO. Unsettle Hibs, based on nothing but fantasy, not even genuine speculation. Too transparent! :greengrin

flash
08-02-2016, 08:15 AM
Fail to see the issue. We were discussing the same thing on the way home yesterday.

SlickShoes
08-02-2016, 08:18 AM
No chance Alan Stubbs will be leaving hibs before the end of the season so we may as well ignore any speculation at the moment anyway, if speculation/interest continues in the summer then it's probably because we have either been promoted, won the cup or both and if that's the case you can understand other teams being interested, if we however do not do either of those then huge questions will be asked.

Col2
08-02-2016, 08:25 AM
No chance Alan Stubbs will be leaving hibs before the end of the season so we may as well ignore any speculation at the moment anyway, if speculation/interest continues in the summer then it's probably because we have either been promoted, won the cup or both and if that's the case you can understand other teams being interested, if we however do not do either of those then huge questions will be asked.

Exactly my thoughts. If we are all sipping a beer or two in the sun while reflecting on being promoted or a cup win or both while realising Stubbs has gone along the M8 then I won't be losing any sleep.

SON OF PADDY
08-02-2016, 08:28 AM
I believe that Keith is a fud.

And I believe you !!😎

CRAZYHIBBY
08-02-2016, 08:29 AM
I reckon he will end up at celtic and we will end up with michael oneil......won't grudge stubbs a move anywhere as hes turned this club around and gave us or pride back.

Golden Bear
08-02-2016, 08:32 AM
No disrespect intended to the original poster but the best way of dealing with this "story" is to avoid both the thread and the article.

Forza Fred
08-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Had this conversation with someone in Scotland last week who also suggested this

The reality is that -fortunately or unfortunately- Stubbsie does not tick all the boxes in Celtic's job description, when it comes to experience.

They believe they should be on the European stage every year...indeed their financial outgoings probably require this..and hence whomever takes over from the current dead man walking manager..MUST have European experience at managerial level.

Stubbsie may have played in Europe, but not managed, and for that reason I don't think he would be a target.

I agree that it is just mischief making by jounos who suggest he is a realistic target....or as they would say....I believe it is.....

Onion
08-02-2016, 09:09 AM
What took them so long ? Next he'll be suggesting they sign Stokes, Henderson and McGeough.

MrSmith
08-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Pure and utter claptrap!

Cast your thoughts back to King Tony!! That will not happen at Celtic again!! So carry on my wayward journalist, There'll be peace when you are done! Lay your weary head to rest and don't you cry no more!

Keek Smacksun - gutter trash journalist of the year!

Borderhibbie76
08-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Why any self respecting Hibs fans even read or click on that Hun fanzine...it's beyond me. Best ignored especially the fud that is Keith Jackson...move on folks nothing to see here..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cabbage East
08-02-2016, 09:26 AM
I believe that Keith Jackson is a prick.

Ricky Bobby
08-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Keith Jackson with his usual lazy, predictable excuse for journalism.
If Deila is punted from Celtic there is only going to one name in the frame imo, David Moyes.

BroxburnHibee
08-02-2016, 09:30 AM
Keith Jackson with his usual lazy, predictable excuse for journalism.
If Deila is punted from Celtic there is only going to one name in the frame imo, David Moyes.

Agreed but I'd add Paul Lambert in there.

Definitely one of those 2

BroxburnHibee
08-02-2016, 09:31 AM
By the way don't click on that link or its 'Mission accomplished' as far as he's concerned.

Stantons Angel
08-02-2016, 09:32 AM
I dont believe this is true and i agree with another poster that this is being put around to unsettle Hibs by those in the west that dont like us getting too much media attention.

Stubbs has just signed an extension to his contract along with his background staff too. Celtic as we all know think they have the sublime right to raid any team of players they think they want. Dundee United springs to mind and look at them now?

The best thing to do with this sort of speculation is shake your head, smile and move on to supporting Stubbs and the team for the rest of the season. There's plenty talking to be done lets do it on the park!

GreenArmyyy!
08-02-2016, 09:34 AM
I don't want to talk about this...... I will be absolutely broken the day Stubb's inevitably moves on.

MrSmith
08-02-2016, 10:56 AM
In tribute to Phil, don't believe a word!

GordonR
08-02-2016, 11:00 AM
I like Stubbs a lot, but he's still a young, inexperienced manager at a smaller club in a lower league, and who's yet to win anything.

Well-liked ex Celtic player or not, Celtic fans would have a fit if he was appointed anytime soon. They think they're a massive club, and they expect a manager to match this vision of themselves.

hibbymick
08-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Does Alan Stubbs have wealth off the radar :cb

The Green Goblin
08-02-2016, 11:08 AM
This is about unsettling us as we are looking the best we have done in years.

NAE NOOKIE
08-02-2016, 11:34 AM
As Forza Fred said, its unlikely Celtic would go for a manager with no European experience and as such Stubbsy is probably off their radar for the time being. But Stubbs affection for them shouldn't be underestimated, he would find it very difficult to look the other way if they came calling, read his book.

One thing is for sure Stubbsy will do what he thinks is best for his career, this is a guy who turned down a new contract at Everton when they wouldn't guarantee him first team football.

As for Deila ...... He should have been able to go on a weekend mini break to Paris and left his team full of international million pound players to pump East Kilbride 10 - 0 .... I wonder if he feels let down :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
08-02-2016, 11:39 AM
I work in the weegie and not one of the Celtc fans I've spoken to one the subject and a few Gers fans believe that Stubbs will be off to them once Delilah gets the bullet.

Not one.

They probably thought Mojo was going to sign for them and not Rangers but still Celtc despite claims - have not poached managers from other SPL teams. Last iirc was Billy McNeill from the Dons. Wind and pish here.

How about KT writes his own blog on what really went down with his transfer and Jacko...

Libby Hibby
08-02-2016, 01:10 PM
We, as fans, have to accept there is a football food chain and Alan Stubbs will leave us one day for bigger and better things, that, I'm of no doubt.

However he'd be mad to leave us in the near future and perhaps even in the summer is too soon for him. He is inexperienced as a manager at the highest level and there is a steady progression for him after Hibs to reach the very top.

But whilst he is here, let's try our very best to support him by filling ER as best we can, invest in the HSL scheme if you can afford to in order to give him the best possible platform to deliver whilst he is here.

Stubbs ain't daft, he'll know where his career is heading but when is our manager, let's just enjoy the ride.

GGTTH

Spike Mandela
08-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Celtic have a whole world of managers available if and when they choose to replace their current one. Many will fancy the job and many will tick a lot of the boxes that Celtic require.

All KJ has done in his pathetic journalistic style is take a Celtic manager who is struggling and replaced him with a Hibs manager doing quite well and who also used to play for Celtic.

It's not even as far as looking at the end of his nose. So simplistic in fact it's 'running a football club for the simple minded'.

It also panders to his Sevco readership sense of superiority that their tactical messiah in charge is currently above the future Celtic manager..

Keith jackson is a fud and so are his readership.

GreenLake
08-02-2016, 01:34 PM
I would hate to see Stubbs go but if he does, my hope would be to see Robbie Keane come in and lift the Scottish Cup for Hibernian as player manager.

jacomo
08-02-2016, 01:41 PM
I heard Keith Jackson is being lined up for a lucrative move to BT Sports. They've seen some of the video he's done and they've been impressed with his presenting style and top class journalism. It's only a matter of time before they put a huge contract offer on the table... oh wait, this is wrong. Turns out they rate him about as highly as we do.

Luzern67
08-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Keith is a well known hun sympathiser. he's just ***** stirring, funny I missed his colum saying Sally mcCoist should have been replaced when he made a complete shop front of his disastrous season in the championship. Trying to destabilise Hibs as well as Celtic with no real belief that will happen

Deansy
08-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Shocker - an article in the 'Daily R*tard' guaranteed to p**s Hibs-fans off whilst gaining some brownie-points with the club that the 'tard' truly loves, adores and supports over at 'The Place Where Football Goes To Die'!

jgl07
08-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Celtic are not noted for recruiting Managers from Hibs, Jock Stein aside. Ok they had Mowbray but only after he had a spell with West Brom. I think that Stbbs will be on Celtic's radar at some stage but not now. Two seasons in the Scottish Championship hardly cuts it.

Everton is a more likely destination but not at this stage.

Pete
08-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Load of rubbish but if we achieve our aim of working along the lines of this Southampton model then Stubbs leaving will be nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

They have had to deal with a high turnover of managers and players yet they remain competitive due to their infrastructure.

We lost some decent players recently and they have all been replaced. Has the team suffered? The parallels, deliberate or not, are there already.

silverhibee
08-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Had this conversation with someone in Scotland last week who also suggested this

The reality is that -fortunately or unfortunately- Stubbsie does not tick all the boxes in Celtic's job description, when it comes to experience.

They believe they should be on the European stage every year...indeed their financial outgoings probably require this..and hence whomever takes over from the current dead man walking manager..MUST have European experience at managerial level.

Stubbsie may have played in Europe, but not managed, and for that reason I don't think he would be a target.

I agree that it is just mischief making by jounos who suggest he is a realistic target....or as they would say....I believe it is.....

Is this a new thing, the last manager didn't even have any managerial experience at all.

euro Hibby
08-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Lazy jounalism pandering to the uninformed. Stubbs has not won anything yet so I would suppose he is not first choice should they change manager which is quite likely at the moment.

There is a host of other names which would crawl to get there since the club pays good money and you get champions league football.

At this point Warburton is just as likely a candidate and has lived in the old firm pressure pot :-))

ancient hibee
08-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Unlikely to go to Celtic-too much his own man-look at the present guy carrying the can for the performance of players he didn't want to sign.The best Stubbs can hope for is a good Championship club-that's where most English managers work.

WhileTheChief..
08-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Decent article full of praise for Stubbs and yet OP still complaining. Bizarre.

emerald green
08-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Today's "news", tomorrow's fish and chips wrapper.

anon1875
08-02-2016, 05:28 PM
**** paper won't read

jacomo
08-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Decent article full of praise for Stubbs and yet OP still complaining. Bizarre.

Not really. The complaint is that is blatant agenda-driven 'journalism' - the praise for Stubbs is simply a by product of the primary objective.

Why does Jackson ignore Derek McInnes? Doesn't he have a stronger claim to be Deila's successor? I think we all know the reasons why.

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Today's "news", tomorrow's fish and chips wrapper.

Sadly not the case nowadays, when it's out there it's out there for good.

WhileTheChief..
08-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Not really. The complaint is that is blatant agenda-driven 'journalism' - the praise for Stubbs is simply a by product of the primary objective.

Why does Jackson ignore Derek McInnes? Doesn't he have a stronger claim to be Deila's successor? I think we all know the reasons why.

Has an ex rangers player ever been linked to the Celtic mgr job? It should go without saying that Stubbs gets linked to Celtic and that McInnes will get linked to Rangers for obvious reasons.

As for being agenda driven, really? Are you suggesting that Stubbs' head could be turned towards Celtic because of an article or 2 in the DR? Or that Leanne Dempster would be influenced by anything in the papers? Everyone in Scottish football is aware of the job Stubbs is doing.

You all complained enough when they wrote about how crap we are. Now they sing our praises but It's cause of an agenda! I like being able to read positive stuff about my club again.

You give the papers way too much credit here. Their influence on anything to do with Hibs is zero.

The better Stubbs does the more interest will be shown in him. Get used to it :)

emerald green
08-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Sadly not the case nowadays, when it's out there it's out there for good.

In a sense it is I suppose, but only if people give it any credence. Which I don't.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2016, 06:32 PM
I wonder if Neil Lemon might fancy coming back up the road, he's having some problems where he is now, on and off the park?

EastCalderHibby
08-02-2016, 06:42 PM
"Keith believes..."

:greengrin

Well if that prick believes that's it done deal I'm sure there's plenty of news over at sevco he could Write about
but wont

Ronniekirk
08-02-2016, 07:36 PM
As Stubbs himself would say I , I am comfortable with this . Means we have a Manager doing a good job We all know the more success he has the more potential suitors he will have ,but he will only go when the time is right for him and it will need to be a move that he thinks is the right one at the right time to further his career .
I think he will want to try and win us the Cup , and get us promotion ,otherwise as he often says ,we ( Hibs ) haven't achieved anything yet ,all we have done is put ourselves in a good position .
However the manner in which he has fashioned a team and managed them to get us from the post Butcher period to this is very impressive .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Graham Spiers on the radio earlier said that Stubbs is miles off the job. If Celtic want to go for the best manager in Scotland they should go for McInnes.

No mention of Neilson.

jacomo
08-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Has an ex rangers player ever been linked to the Celtic mgr job? It should go without saying that Stubbs gets linked to Celtic and that McInnes will get linked to Rangers for obvious reasons.

As for being agenda driven, really? Are you suggesting that Stubbs' head could be turned towards Celtic because of an article or 2 in the DR? Or that Leanne Dempster would be influenced by anything in the papers? Everyone in Scottish football is aware of the job Stubbs is doing.

You all complained enough when they wrote about how crap we are. Now they sing our praises but It's cause of an agenda! I like being able to read positive stuff about my club again.

You give the papers way too much credit here. Their influence on anything to do with Hibs is zero.

The better Stubbs does the more interest will be shown in him. Get used to it :)

If you enjoy reading about Hibs in the DR, lap it up.

They'll be laying the boot in again soon enough.

matty_f
08-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Graham Spiers on the radio earlier said that Stubbs is miles off the job. If Celtic want to go for the best manager in Scotland they should go for McInnes.

No mention of Neilson.

I'm amazed Neilson doesn't get quoted for more jobs.

3pm
08-02-2016, 10:12 PM
I'm amazed Neilson doesn't get quoted for more jobs.

You try going for an interview with Levein's hand up your arse.

matty_f
08-02-2016, 10:18 PM
You try going for an interview with Levein's hand up your arse.

Not after last time...

Onion
09-02-2016, 06:15 AM

No mention of Neilson.

Agree with that. McInness has done a great job at Aberdeen and proved himself at a higher level than Stubbs. Also, weakens Aberdeen who are Celtic's main threat and prevents Sevco from picking him up once Warbs get the chop.

Lucius Apuleius
09-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Conspiracy after conspiracy. Paranoia after paranoia. They're coming to take us away ha ha.

Betty Boop
09-02-2016, 08:21 AM
If anyone thinks Stubbs wouldn't take the Celtic job they're kidding themselves on.

Lago
09-02-2016, 09:41 AM
In a sense it is I suppose, but only if people give it any credence. Which I don't.
Correct, if Stubbs has inclination to move his ambition will be to do so down South.

Onion
09-02-2016, 09:47 AM
If anyone thinks Stubbs wouldn't take the Celtic job they're kidding themselves on.

:agree: Of course he would, just not the right time for either of them. If Stubbs continues to progress, with next move to an Eng Champ club, only matter of time before C come calling.

Eyrie
09-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Had a Celtc fan try to convince me today that Stubbs has already agreed to replace Delia in the summer and that his first signing will be Young Rolf. Apparently having only two years managerial experience in a lower division won't matter :rolleyes: