PDA

View Full Version : Tipping Point: 100% Behind Stubbs and Leanne Now - Petrie Irrelevant

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2016, 10:07 PM
It's taken me a long time, some people got there ages ago, others have yet to arrive, but I've finally let go of my Petrie hang-up.

I just don't see his hand anywhere now in the running of the playing side of the club. The upturns in our fortunes are solely to do with Leanne Dempster and Alan Stubbs.

I'm convinced the RP has now stepped back and is contenting himself with occasionally looking at balance sheets to stop us getting into big trouble, but that he's genuinely leaving LD and AS to get on with taking care of Hibs.

So I'm not going to waste any more energy carping about him, or his disastrous appointments from Mowbray onwards, culminating in Calderwood, Butcher and relegation.

Personally, for me, and I'm not telling anybody else how to behave -we're all different- it's time to look forward and get unreservedly behind the club.

aussie_hibee
07-02-2016, 10:48 PM
10/10

murray26
07-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Agree.. This should be the bench mark.. No more lying down and accepting dross.. I hope this is the start of a exciting period in our history.. Time for us all to get behind this club and enjoy it for a change.. Ggtth..

Fife-Hibee
07-02-2016, 10:57 PM
100%

Greencore
07-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Good post OP. But from what we have seen these past few months. To the signings, the whole new feeling around the club, the grit... Is this what we have been missing for the past few years? Or is this down to one man stubbs.. Or Petrie stepping back?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-02-2016, 06:36 AM
Well said mate!!

ManBearPig
08-02-2016, 12:28 PM
If these people don't come back now they don't deserve a club like this.

MB62
08-02-2016, 12:53 PM
It's taken me a long time, some people got there ages ago, others have yet to arrive, but I've finally let go of my Petrie hang-up.

I just don't see his hand anywhere now in the running of the playing side of the club. The upturns in our fortunes are solely to do with Leanne Dempster and Alan Stubbs.

I'm convinced the RP has now stepped back and is contenting himself with occasionally looking at balance sheets to stop us getting into big trouble, but that he's genuinely leaving LD and AS to get on with taking care of Hibs.

So I'm not going to waste any more energy carping about him, or his disastrous appointments from Mowbray onwards, culminating in Calderwood, Butcher and relegation.

Personally, for me, and I'm not telling anybody else how to behave -we're all different- it's time to look forward and get unreservedly behind the club.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, it's

LEEANN

One L
Two EEs'
One A
Two NNs'

And NO efin E at the end.

How difficult is it to get the name of our Chief Executive correct :grr:

:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
08-02-2016, 01:32 PM

LEEANN

One L
Two EEs'
One A
Two NNs'

theres a song in there somewhere.

Phil MaGlass
08-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Now that I bring it up, there is.

Dashing Bob S
08-02-2016, 01:47 PM

LEEANN

One L
Two EEs'
One A
Two NNs'

I do apologise MP63 old chap!

Northernhibee
08-02-2016, 02:17 PM

LEEANN

One L
Two EEs'
One A
Two NNs'

Two ees and two nns?

Go on yoursel' Leeeeannnn!

scoopyboy
08-02-2016, 02:33 PM

Good post, every one with this approach will make a difference. Surprised ozy isn't on with his HSL form. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
08-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Good post, every one with this approach will make a difference. Surprised ozy isn't on with his HSL form. :greengrin

Im trying to minimise the amount of abuse I get. [emoji6]

But here it is, get signed up and help get rid of Rod.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
08-02-2016, 02:39 PM

:thumbsup:

PatHead
08-02-2016, 02:59 PM

Should you not be changing your avatar to 7.5% due to the increased sales? :greengrin

Ozyhibby
08-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Should you not be changing your avatar to 7.5% due to the increased sales? :greengrin

There is a new guy doing the graphics and they are pretty impressive. Might get myself a new avatar tonight. [emoji3]

hibbymac
08-02-2016, 03:19 PM
I do apologise MP63 old chap!

:thumbsup:

Tha Cabbage Kid
08-02-2016, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4578407]Im trying to minimise the amount of abuse I get. [emoji6]

would be good to get this 'link' as a footer to everyones comments. :flag: although i dont know how to do it.

Onion
08-02-2016, 03:41 PM

Good for you, sure there will be many more reviewing their position, given the improvements we've seen on and off the pitch at ER. That can only help the club's recovery under the new regime.

However, Petrie has yet to be held accountable for his years of waste, mismanagement and damage he did to our club and, until that happens, he remains little more than a squatter at Easter Road. There's no statute of limitations on this.

greenpaper55
08-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Good for you, sure there will be many more reviewing their position, given the improvements we've seen on and off the pitch at ER. That can only help the club's recovery under the new regime.

However, Petrie has yet to be held accountable for his years of waste, mismanagement and damage he did to our club and, until that happens, he remains little more than a squatter at Easter Road. There's no statute of limitations on this.

To right there, he should have resigned after the 5-1 but no, he should have resigned after the relegation, why is he even near the place is beyond me.

jabis
08-02-2016, 04:09 PM

Hooray

Ozyhibby
08-02-2016, 04:40 PM

I agree. Let's get as many people as possible to sign up for HSL and get our shareholding as high as possible and then force a vote of no confidence in him.

Andy74
08-02-2016, 04:42 PM
I agree. Let's get as many people as possible to sign up for HSL and get our shareholding as high as possible and then force a vote of no confidence in him.

Who facilitated the HSL arrangement and share offer?

Peevemor
08-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Who facilitated the HSL arrangement and share offer?

Exactly. Anyone who thinks that he has nothing to do with what's happening at ER/EM is kidding themselves (eg. in interviews, Stubbs always acknowledges the backing of LD and RP). RP has made mistakes in the past, but has always supported his appointments.

08-02-2016, 05:26 PM
100%. Petrie is in the past. Yes he is still there but he is not involved in any goings on. Leann and her team are in charge.

Anybody still staying away "until Petrie is gone" needs to have a word IMO. This club deserve the support. The club has turned a massive corner and finally some pride has been restored. Off the park the club is now far closer with the fans and on the park we now have a team that want to fight for each other and the club.

Very proud of how this club has changed.

Itsnoteasy
08-02-2016, 06:19 PM

Spot on. But will he will still be getting a salary. For doing what?

bigwheel
08-02-2016, 06:26 PM

I love the spirit of this post - the Hibs team, let alone Stubbs and Dempster, have done more than enough to bring pride back to us. Any fan who cares about this club should be back supporting the team - Stubbs and the boys deserve it!

All that said, to suggest that Petrie isn't actively involved in the running of Hibs is simply not true. His hand remains firmly at the tiller, and he is active all material decisions around the club. He is active in meetings around many things Hibs related. Don't let that be a reason for not supporting the team though. We support our team, and our club. It will be there long after Farmer and Petrie are gone.

Peevemor
08-02-2016, 06:36 PM

He doesn't get a salary from Hibs.

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2016, 07:28 PM
He doesn't .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Audio Visual
08-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Isn't it Petrie we should be thanking for appointing Leeann Dempster? Shows he hasn't got everything wrong. Time to move on...

Super_JMcGinn
08-02-2016, 08:22 PM

I have to laugh at this be honest, did he not appoint Sauzee with 99% of the fans backing ? THE PLAYERS GOT US WHERE WE ARE TODAY, NO ONE ELSE.

jacomo
08-02-2016, 08:33 PM
I have to laugh at this be honest, did he not appoint Sauzee with 99% of the fans backing ? THE PLAYERS GOT US WHERE WE ARE TODAY, NO ONE ELSE.

Who signed the players?
Who appointed the people who signed the players?
Why are you shouting?

Hibby D
08-02-2016, 08:42 PM

You really believe that? :confused:

Super_JMcGinn
08-02-2016, 08:53 PM
You really believe that? :confused:
Yes I do. I remember a game at Tannadice where we were 2-0 up with some 10 minutes to go and collapsed and it ended 2-2, cue the collapse and our relegation. Butcher dared to criticise the players after the game, the rest is history.

MWHIBBIES
08-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Yes I do. I remember a game at Tannadice where we were 2-0 up with some 10 minutes to go and collapsed and it ended 2-2, cue the collapse and our relegation. Butcher dared to criticise the players after the game, the rest is history.Butcher was a ****ing idiot and a complete dinosaur of a manager, more to blame for our relegation than any player.

bigwheel
08-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Yes I do. I remember a game at Tannadice where we were 2-0 up with some 10 minutes to go and collapsed and it ended 2-2, cue the collapse and our relegation. Butcher dared to criticise the players after the game, the rest is history.

I'm more than ever convinced you are simply a troll on this site...

Peevemor
08-02-2016, 09:42 PM

Do you think there would be the same spirit in the current squad if Stubbs publicly criticised the players after a bad performance?

HibsNutter
08-02-2016, 09:51 PM

Sure we'll find ourselves up against Hearts in the play-offs after Sunday then.

Jones28
08-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Do you think there would be the same spirit in the current squad if Stubbs publicly criticised the players after a bad performance?

Would we have been relegated if Butcher had told the majority of the squad they would be out the door come the end of the season?

FranckSuzy
08-02-2016, 09:58 PM

Respectfully, you dinnae half talk some p!sh.

Peevemor
08-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Would we have been relegated if Butcher had told the majority of the squad they would be out the door come the end of the season?

:confused: He did and we were.

silverhibee
08-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Exactly. Anyone who thinks that he has nothing to do with what's happening at ER/EM is kidding themselves (eg. in interviews, Stubbs always acknowledges the backing of LD and RP). RP has made mistakes in the past, but has always supported his appointments.

The wrong appointments, and look where we are.

Andy74
08-02-2016, 10:10 PM

Did Petrie want a change of management when Butcher was appointed?

Newhaven
08-02-2016, 10:12 PM
If we are all agreeing that Rod has no direct influence or control at hibs then why is he still at the club?

Andy74
08-02-2016, 10:16 PM
If we are all agreeing that Rod has no direct influence or control at hibs then why is he still at the club?

I'm not agreeing that's the case. He is the Chairman. He has influence as a Board member and he is a link to the current owner.

The role of the Board is to oversee and challenge though. He is not part of the day to day executive who run the business.

Some reasons for staying would include allowing some experience and stability around as a new executive team came in, negotiating the bank deal, the share sale and so on.

Gerard
08-02-2016, 10:22 PM
He is a director and chairman of the Hibs board of directors. He has a small share holding in Hibs. We have a CEO who manages our club, supported by a board of exec/non exec directors assisted by a talented group of people, some of them employed by the club and many who are volunteers. The club has made the possible for the fans to own a large shareholding in the club and in time HSL will own enough shares to have 2 directors of the Hibs BODS. I think we need to see the changes that have taken place at our club. I look forward to a bright future.

Peevemor
08-02-2016, 10:23 PM

Hindsight's a great thing. Was John Collins, for example, a wrong appointment?

Peevemor
08-02-2016, 10:29 PM

We're not all agreeing that at all.

None of what LD has put in place would have happened without him (especially given that it was RP who poached her from Motherwell in the first place).

silverhibee
08-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Butcher was a ****ing idiot and a complete dinosaur of a manager, more to blame for our relegation than any player.

I agree with you on this. It was no secret in Scottish football on the thoughts of Butcher & Malpas, some of the stories regarding them doing training with the Scotland squad were not good, Malpas being the worst offender with his dinosaur training methods that Butcher overseen, and there was plenty stories in football circles about the way they treated players up at ICT, fights in the changing room, training field and at the chippie as well.

So how the ****** did Petrie not hear about these F***ing clowns antics and give them a wide bearth, a man who has been around Scottish football, even has a nice wee job at the SFA along with him now being the elephant in the room at Hibs, and he hadn't heard about the bully boy antics of these clowns doing the rounds in Scottish football.

He should have resigned straight after he put those idiots on gardening leave.

Petrie takes the biggest blame for the situation we are in, couldn't sell the Golden Generation quick enough, why, (i have my thoughts, CWG :wink::greengrin).

He should be no where near our club, why did STF not see what was coming, he should have stepped in during #sweetiegate and removed Petrie from his position at the club then, but he backed him at the AGM, he should have defo removed him from his position at our club when we were relegated.

He won't stop me attending games, but what has happened in the past just cannot be forgotten about, and Petrie is to blame for the position we are in, how did he not see these dinosaurs for what they are/were.

MWHIBBIES
08-02-2016, 10:51 PM
I agree with you on this. It was no secret in Scottish football on the thoughts of Butcher & Malpas, some of the stories regarding them doing training with the Scotland squad were not good, Malpas being the worst offender with his dinosaur training methods that Butcher overseen, and there was plenty stories in football circles about the way they treated players up at ICT, fights in the changing room, training field and at the chippie as well.

So how the ****** did Petrie not hear about these F***ing clowns antics and give them a wide bearth, a man who has been around Scottish football, even has a nice wee job at the SFA along with him now being the elephant in the room at Hibs, and he hadn't heard about the bully boy antics of these clowns doing the rounds in Scottish football.

He should have resigned straight after he put those idiots on gardening leave.

Petrie takes the biggest blame for the situation we are in, couldn't sell the Golden Generation quick enough, why, (i have my thoughts, CWG :wink::greengrin).

He should be no where near our club, why did STF not see what was coming, he should have stepped in during #sweetiegate and removed Petrie from his position at the club then, but he backed him at the AGM, he should have defo removed him from his position at our club when we were relegated.

He won't stop me attending games, but what has happened in the past just cannot be forgotten about, and Petrie is to blame for the position we are in, how did he not see these dinosaurs for what they are/were.I probably agree with the rest of your post but this is a very harsh thing to hold against Petrie, just about all of them would have run their contracts down and walked for free, he was absolutely right to get the big money for them and build the stand/training ground with it.

Petrie done a lot of bad things and made a lot of bad decisions but we would be daft to disregard the things he done well. He also didn't employ himself during all of this, Farmer has to take a big part of any blame.

Ozyhibby
08-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Petrie's part in our demise was one of neglect as much as anything else. I never felt managers were not backed financially. It was more the fact that he employed them and then sent them down to East Mains to get on with it. There was no overall strategy for running the club, no recruitment policy and no planning done for promoting players from the youth to first team. He left all that to the managers, with the result that the whole strategy of the club was changing every 18 months. He made himself CEO while still remaining chairman and then did not do the work a CEO is supposed to do.
As far as I'm aware, it was not Petrie's idea to go for leeann Dempster. It was suggested by the working together group in an attempt to move away from the many managers setting the culture of the club.
He should have walked by now but he has a neck you could not mark with a blow torch.

silverhibee
08-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Hindsight's a great thing. Was John Collins, for example, a wrong appointment?

Yes.

Even though he gave me the greatest day of my life by winning the cup who i attended with my Dad & son, 3 generations of my family seeing Hibs lift a cup, sadly my Dad won't see that again.

But yes Collins was another wrong appointment, it went down hill after Yogi left the club after getting us in to the league through our league position at the end of the season.

I will give him Mowbray and that's it.

jacomo
09-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Yes.

Even though he gave me the greatest day of my life by winning the cup who i attended with my Dad & son, 3 generations of my family seeing Hibs lift a cup, sadly my Dad won't see that again.

But yes Collins was another wrong appointment, it went down hill after Yogi left the club after getting us in to the league through our league position at the end of the season.

I will give him Mowbray and that's it.

Sorry, but I do find this attitude quite incredible.

JC had his failings, but why do you give him so little credit? Silverware matters. Wasn't even lucky - he had Hibs playing some superb stuff.

JeMeSouviens
09-02-2016, 10:14 AM

JC had his failings, but why do you give him so little credit? Silverware matters. Wasn't even lucky - he had Hibs playing some superb stuff.

He did, and was a model pro and a great player. Pity about the complete fail at human interaction ...

MB62
09-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Why are we bringing all this 5h1t up again. It's in the past and the club are moving forward at good pace and loads of things to be positive about, as the OP tried to state.

Peevemor
09-02-2016, 10:52 AM

IMO it was Collins failure in man management together with his (without fail) pitiful signings that set us off on our downward spiral.

Stevie Reid
09-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Funny how people used to not go and cite Petrie as the reason for apparently sacrificing the most important thing (the team on the park) for the sake of administrative duties (i.e. the balance sheet).

Now the team on the park is very much worth watching and supporting, they're giving a non-football related, administrative reason for non-attendance?

Sound :rolleyes:

Fergus52
09-02-2016, 11:31 AM
He did, and was a model pro and a great player. Pity about the complete fail at human interaction ...

Yup, his man management was almost as bad as his signings

jacomo
09-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Why are we brining all this 5h1t up again. It's in the past and the club are moving forward at good pace and loads of things to be positive about, as the OP tried to state.

You're right. Apologies for going off topic.

As long as STF has a major stake in the club, he can appoint anyone he likes to represent him on the board. It's clear that the club is now - finally - on the right track again.

One Day Soon
09-02-2016, 09:22 PM
What an utterly mental turn this thread has taken.

We're in a cup final, just showed the kind of grit in coming back from 2-0 down at Tynecastle that we haven't displayed in years, have a great chance of dumping the Yams out of the Scottish Cup and we're still right in the mix for promotion. So of course what we should do is descend into a completely pointless retrospective inquest on Rod Petrie.

Sort of a 'my glass is half full, of pi55, and the glass is cracked' approach.

Mind you we haven't won anything or been promoted yet...

Hibrandenburg
10-02-2016, 06:44 AM
IMO it was Collins failure in man management together with his (without fail) pitiful signings that set us off on our downward spiral.

Me too, and the players carried the grudge like an infectious disease for years to come killing any attempts at getting a positive dressing room spirit going. Stubbs is the first manager to get rid of the malaise, helped by relegation and a clearout.

Onion
10-02-2016, 07:00 AM

We're in a cup final, just showed the kind of grit in coming back from 2-0 down at Tynecastle that we haven't displayed in years, have a great chance of dumping the Yams out of the Scottish Cup and we're still right in the mix for promotion. So of course what we should do is descend into a completely pointless retrospective inquest on Rod Petrie.

With respect, the OP was first to mention the P word and we've dozens of threads covering all the positive things that have and are happening around ER and the team. Like it or not, Petrie is still a festering sore for many Hibs fans (for very good reason) so the only way to avoid it being discussed is not to mention the guy in the first place.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2016, 07:07 AM
Respectfully, you dinnae half talk some p!sh.

Respectfully Suzy, its more than that.

WhileTheChief..
10-02-2016, 07:08 AM

Spot on. Attention seeking by the OP.