PDA

View Full Version : Thomson (Ref)

proud_and_green
07-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Didn't see the game today, but took a wee wander over to sickbag and a lot of them claiming Thomson was our 12th man......surely not.

How did he do?

Smartie
07-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Didn't see the game today, but took a wee wander over to sickbag and a lot of them claiming Thomson was our 12th man......surely not.

How did he do?

I thought he did well.

There was the odd decision I thought he got wrong (their free-kick in the lead up to their first goal for example) and I think if he'd wanted to he could have booked a few of their players a bit earlier but overall I thought he did fine.

I don't envy referees having to sort out "handbags" situations because tbh you could have booked or sent off a few of them, or even none of them. God knows how they were meant to pick through that today and punish the correct people.

Hearts put in the most cynical performance I've ever seen live at a game. Total anti-football from the weight of the challenges to the time wasting to the hoofball. How they get 14,000 morons to pitch up and pay to watch that I don't know. Absolutely scandalous stuff and it puts pressure on a ref.

I can't for a minute think why the Jambos will feel hard done by. You know when decisions go your way, you know when you've "got away with one". I can only assume that they were expecting to get penalties from challenges 3 yards outside the box or not have men sent off for elbows to the face and were left disappointed.

E10 Rifle
07-02-2016, 07:43 PM
I thought he did well for once.

iwasthere1972
07-02-2016, 07:44 PM
It pains me to admit but he had one of his better games.

greenlex
07-02-2016, 07:47 PM

How did he do?

He was even handed for once. That'll be why they're upset. First time its been a level playing field with him in charge. Itll seem like he was our twelfth to them.

Frank Moon
07-02-2016, 07:48 PM
I had no issues with his performance overall. Might have punished their cynical fouls as we broke but can't fault him really.

murray26
07-02-2016, 07:48 PM
It must have hurt him but he was fairly good.. No real complaints from me.. Apart from a cheap foul which lead to their first goal..

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Nothing blatant given to them but they were allowed to persistently foul with little or no punishment.

He was ok but certainly not in our favour - if he was they'd have had at least one red card.

Onion
07-02-2016, 07:49 PM
It pains me to admit but he had one of his better games.

Might pain you, but mitigating circumstances. Hibs were the best team, Yams just scythed down any Hibs player who looked a threat (most of them) and he could have EASILY sent off a couple of them - chose not to.

Hibs dominance left Thompson with nothing to "work with".

O'Rourke3
07-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Presumably due to stone wall penalty denied where their player fell over exhausted after his mazy 3 foot run without ever having the ball in control. Should have been booked for simulation

Barnton Hibs
07-02-2016, 07:52 PM
My thoughts are that he got the decision in the lead up to the first goal wrong, as felt that was a foul on Henderson. As another poster said, you know when you have got away with one, and I think he could have given a penalty to them just before the second goal. He also could have punished McGee more for that tackle...

He also could have punished Pallardo as he kept stopping us breaking time and time again, and also blocked a quick free kick. However, compared to some of his previous games featuring us, he never gave them any really controversial decisions. Still a tw@t though!

GGTTH

#alltogethenow

greenlex
07-02-2016, 07:53 PM
I think the only thing questionable was McGhees yellow. It may have been a red. McGinn took a sore one.

Steve20
07-02-2016, 07:55 PM
McGhee should have been sent off.

Onion
My thoughts are that he got the decision in the lead up to the first goal wrong, as felt that was a foul on Henderson. As another poster said, you know when you have got away with one, and I think he could have given a penalty to them just before the second goal. He also could have punished McGee more for that tackle...

He also could have punished Pallardo as he kept stopping us breaking time and time again, and also blocked a quick free kick. However, compared to some of his previous games featuring us, he never gave them any really controversial decisions. Still a tw@t though!

GGTTH

#alltogethenow

So THAT'S why they think he was "Hibs' 12th man" :aok:

JimBHibees

GGTTH

#alltogethenow

I think he knew who was on a card as he should have booked both Pallardo and Paterson which would have ruled them out the replay.

iwasthere1972
07-02-2016, 07:58 PM
Might pain you, but mitigating circumstances. Hibs were the best team, Yams just scythed down any Hibs player who looked a threat (most of them) and he could have EASILY sent off a couple of them - chose not to.

Hibs dominance left Thompson with nothing to "work with".

I didn't say that he was perfect either. :wink:

Lago
07-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Over all one of the better refereeing performances I've seen this season. Not perfect but decent.

RoYO!
07-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Don't know why Hanlon got booked. Anyone?

poolman
07-02-2016, 08:02 PM
The smelly ones on Yakbak are giving him stick big time

They really are flookin dimwits

AlbertK86
07-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Pointed to his watch at least ten times but never even spoke to them never mind booked them

hibbysam
07-02-2016, 08:10 PM
He wasn't too bad, it says a lot when his poorer parts were the much finer details, the free kick for the opener was a poor decision but we should've defended it much better. Pallardo done his usual, kick everything that moves, and also kicked the ball away as we tried to take a quick free kick, should've been booked which would've stopped these fouls, and I wish he would just give one or two warnings then book players rather than point to his watch. Paterson handing the ball back into the crowd was the most blatant of all!

All in all though these are very fine details, he did book 1 or 2 of them early though which made a change, Nicholson was very lucky he was facing away from Thomson as that celebration had to warrant a red, and I'm not one for bookings for over celebrating, that's just plain inappropriate. Also the centre half should've been off for the melee but very hard to see, I felt the linesmen had to help out there and both shat it.