PDA

View Full Version : Guts

Carheenlea
07-02-2016, 06:27 PM
I'm a positive thinking fan, but I know a lot of fellow fans who's outlook tends to be on the more negative side. Let's be honest, those with a more negative slant have had good reason to feel that way in recent years, but this Hibs side is a different animal-they won't accept defeat. Previous Hibs teams after performing reasonably well for a first half in a derby but finding themselves 2 down at half time would end up losing 4-0 or so - but not this side.
Just love watching Hibs at this present time.

E10 Rifle
07-02-2016, 06:33 PM
This is exactly how I feel. I think it is mirrored by many now though. I went to the Harp and Castle to watch the game on the TV today and even at 2-0 down no-one was on the teams back. There was as you say, just that little bit of something, that we felt we were never out of the game with this side, and so it proved.

On the pitch, in the stands, and around the pubs of Leith - today was huge for us as a club and family of fans.

Bostonhibby
07-02-2016, 06:57 PM
I'm a positive thinking fan, but I know a lot of fellow fans who's outlook tends to be on the more negative side. Let's be honest, those with a more negative slant have had good reason to feel that way in recent years, but this Hibs side is a different animal-they won't accept defeat. Previous Hibs teams after performing reasonably well for a first half in a derby but finding themselves 2 down at half time would end up losing 4-0 or so - but not this side.
Just love watching Hibs at this present time.
Good post. I thought we could come back. Watched it with a guy who supports norwich in a bar in Spain and he couldn't believe we were behind. Said we'd score but couldn't believe the yam had so many booked but never got the second card. Also wondered why we never let Henderson take all the free kicks

Carheenlea
07-02-2016, 07:09 PM
I didn't know it was 90+1 when Paul Hanlon scored. Felt we would go on and get the winner. Had we played another 5 minutes we would have got that goal.

Purehibee_MYB
07-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Good post. I thought we could come back. Watched it with a guy who supports norwich in a bar in Spain and he couldn't believe we were behind. Said we'd score but couldn't believe the yam had so many booked but never got the second card. Also wondered why we never let Henderson take all the free kicks

I was perplexed as to why Henderson was taken off free kicks.. Especially after scoring that screamer a couple of weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tricla
07-02-2016, 08:24 PM
I said to my mates at 2-0 that I believed we'd score and get at least a replay. It's great to feel confident about the hibees again!

GGTTH

erin go bragh
07-02-2016, 09:53 PM
I was perplexed as to why Henderson was taken off free kicks.. Especially after scoring that screamer a couple of weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Henderson wanted to take the first free kick but Stokes was having none of it . You could see the disappointment on Hendersons face .

GGTTH

07-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Hearts didn't expect that from us today, they thought it was done and dusted at 2-0 because they are used to hibs teams in the past crumbling when going a goal or 2 down.

New mentality here and it's fantastic to see.

Fergus52
07-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Henderson wanted to take the first free kick but Stokes was having none of it . You could see the disappointment on Hendersons face .

GGTTH

That really bothered me.

Henderson's scored some great free kicks for us and stokes had the arrogance to take the ball off of him before skying the free kick

Hibeesforever
07-02-2016, 10:08 PM
I didn't know it was 90+1 when Paul Hanlon scored. Felt we would go on and get the winner. Had we played another 5 minutes we would have got that goal.

Same here, no scoreboard at the heritage stadium. Bedlam where I was, best celebration since Cummings' first to make it 2-1!

hibee1875
07-02-2016, 10:27 PM
New song?

We'll fight to the end, we'll fight to the eeeeend
We are Hibernian,
We'll fight to the end

Forthview
07-02-2016, 10:46 PM
The Hibs players now know they are the better football team and know where to hurt them, our guys will be gagging for the replay.