PDA

View Full Version : Queue at Turnstyles

Frazerbob
07-02-2016, 05:18 PM
WTF was that all about? Utter shambles. We were told by the cops it was due to everyone getting searched. They soon changed their mind and let everyone in with no searches at all. Funnily enough, the first Derby with no smoke bombs in a good while.
Also what about the Hearts 'casuals' challenging everyone to a fight as we waited to get in whilst singing 'Where's your famous CCS'. Mostly spotty teenagers but a couple in their 40s. Truly pathetic.

CraigHibee
07-02-2016, 05:25 PM
WTF was that all about? Utter shambles. We were told by the cops it was due to everyone getting searched. They soon changed their mind and let everyone in with no searches at all. Funnily enough, the first Derby with no smoke bombs in a good while.
Also what about the Hearts 'casuals' challenging everyone to a fight as we waited to get in whilst singing 'Where's your famous CCS'. Mostly spotty teenagers but a couple in their 40s. Truly pathetic.

2 of the turnstiles were shut which was a complete joke
Just made it into my seat for kick off. I noticed they wee fannies lurking around, could have easily knocked them out with miss

LaMotta
07-02-2016, 05:28 PM

I dont think the polis had a choice after everyone just went for it and ignored the queue system!

Pretty Boy
07-02-2016, 05:30 PM
I got there about 12.10 and if they had continued whatever farcical system they were using I would have missed the kick off.

Thankfully someone showed common sense and just let everyone pile in not long after.

3pm
07-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Shiiiiiiitehole.

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Police/Stewards caused the queues with only having one gate open....If it had been kept like that many would have missed kick off....Many charged forward at around 12.15, which forced the Police to let everyone through.....

Farcical scenario, and luckily nobody was hurt, as could have been crushing involved.....Badly handled by Police though:rolleyes:

Carheenlea
07-02-2016, 05:48 PM
Breezed in without incident in good time after a few enjoyable early/late morning beers in Diane's.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Breezed in without incident in good time after a few enjoyable early/late morning beers in Diane's.

Was there bother in Dianes early doors?

Walked past just before 11 and there was a Police van outside and 2 Polis speaking to a couple of guys at the door.

lucky
07-02-2016, 06:03 PM
I complained to the police who said it was the match commander decision that everyone was to get searched. In the end Hibs fans just ignored the two policewoman in horses and walk forward to the turnstiles and guess what No smoke bombs of flares.

whiskyhibby
07-02-2016, 06:44 PM

Not everyone was getting searched, I got through fairly quickly about 12:00 but there was a big queue behind me

Sprouleflyer
07-02-2016, 06:51 PM
I complained to the police who said it was the match commander decision that everyone was to get searched. In the end Hibs fans just ignored the two policewoman in horses and walk forward to the turnstiles and guess what I smoke bombs of flares.

One of them was screeching orders to the fans, treating them like something she stepped in,also she was riding her horse into the crowd, absolutely mental.

Carheenlea
07-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Was there bother in Dianes early doors?

Walked past just before 11 and there was a Police van outside and 2 Polis speaking to a couple of guys at the door.

Nothing at all. Police looked in on two occasions as standard 'keeping an eye on things ' procedure.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Nothing at all. Police looked in on two occasions as standard 'keeping an eye on things ' procedure.

Mystery solved. Cheers.

EH6 Hibby
07-02-2016, 07:21 PM

We were in Diane's too. Didn't leave till 12.10pm. Got a taxi just outside and got straight in with no queues just around kick off.

Getting there late is obviously the answer. :greengrin

ehf
07-02-2016, 07:42 PM
We were in Diane's too. Didn't leave till 12.10pm. Got a taxi just outside and got straight in with no queues just around kick off.

Getting there late is obviously the answer. :greengrin

Total shambles; you had 600 or 700 queuing obediently then a noisy group of 50 or so just walked up to the front, police and stewards did nothing and from that point it was a free for all.