PDA

View Full Version : Cummings header

gazzag70
07-02-2016, 04:51 PM
What a goal!!! What a sublime finishing looping header.Cummings knows how to find the net but that that was finishing of the highest quality worthy of gracing any league!

Thecat23
07-02-2016, 04:52 PM
I mind Fletcher scoring a goal like that at ER, kind of came off his shoulder but looped right over the keeper.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-02-2016, 05:04 PM
As good a header as you will see.

GreenArmyyy!
07-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Leigh Griffiths esque. Phenomenal goal, hates a goal against Hearts!

Leith Mo
07-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Stevie Archibald-esque!

bingo70
07-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Don't think it got the credit it deserved from the commentators on the tele.

Was a terrific header and easily the best goal in the game.

seanshow
07-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Stevie Archibald-esque!

:not worth yes!

Mr Grieves
07-02-2016, 05:12 PM
It took an absolute age to go in! You could hear a pin drop as it looped over the keeper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
07-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Minds me a little of the goal Sauzee scored against that lot when he lost his front teeth

H18 SFR
Stevie Archibald-esque!

Also Graham Mitchell-esque vs Videoton?

Franck Stanton
Don't think it got the credit it deserved from the commentators on the tele.

Was a terrific header and easily the best goal in the game.

Really ? [Tin hat on here] but do you REALLY think he meant it as a header at goal ? REALLY.

Have ma doubts.

Over the moon it went in, really am. However,.........IF the yams had scored a goal in this manner - would we think it was meant ? Naw didnae think so.

LithgaeHibby
07-02-2016, 05:18 PM
He meant it all right. There was nobody else there for him to flick it on to, so he had to go for it. He couldn't get power so he went for direction. The placement was perfect - just out of reach of the keeper. He doesn't score many headers, but that was a beauty.

BSEJVT
07-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Really ? [Tin hat on here] but do you REALLY think he meant it as a header at goal ? REALLY.

Have ma doubts.

Over the moon it went in, really am. However,.........IF the yams had scored a goal in this manner - would we think it was meant ? Naw didnae think so.

There is absolutely no doubt not even 1% that he didn't meant that.

If he didn't mean it what on earth do you think he was trying to do?

Onion
What a goal!!! What a sublime finishing looping header.Cummings knows how to find the net but that that was finishing of the highest quality worthy of gracing any league!

The guys has a 6th sense for goalscoring. And a great attitude to go with it. :thumbsup:

Onceinawhile

Have ma doubts.

What do you think he was trying to do? Header it away from goal?

SouthMoroccoStu
He knew EXACTLY what he was doing

Scored a similar one for Scotland U21s not that long ago

gazzag70
07-02-2016, 05:20 PM

Have ma doubts.

Over the moon it went in, really am. However,.........IF the yams had scored a goal in this manner - would we think it was meant ? Naw didnae think so.Watch it again...He meant it 100 %. Pure quality finish!!!!!

Crammond Hibee
07-02-2016, 05:22 PM

He meant it.
Perfect header from that position and type of cross
Great goal

Haymaker
07-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Beauty.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Goals that are meant count the same as goals that are flukes.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2016, 05:26 PM
It was a fantastic header.

I thought at the time the keeper could have done better and it took me a second or 2 to realise it had gone in as he just stood and watched it. Seeing it again though and he had no chance.

scoopyboy
07-02-2016, 05:27 PM
I can recall a headed goal in the 3-3 draw with Falkirk but I think that is just his second headed goal. Quite a stat as he's coming up for 50 now.

greenlex
07-02-2016, 05:29 PM

Beat me to it. Scored similar in the last Scotland U21 game tail end of last year.

RoYO!
07-02-2016, 05:31 PM

Have ma doubts.

Where else was he trying to direct it? Keeper rooted to the spot. Magical. REALLY :wink:

Craig_HFC
07-02-2016, 05:31 PM
No doubt about it that he meant it.

Time stood still as it dropped into net!

Franck Stanton
07-02-2016, 05:32 PM
Goals that are meant count the same as goals that are flukes.

Got some of the silly replies I expected, of course I don't think he meant to head it away - just am of the opinion he was trying to head it across the goal area as oppossed to it going into the net.

As you quite correctly point out " goals that are meant count the same as goals that are flukes " - rather implies you agree with my sentiments re his header.

Don't get me wrong, I am over the moon it went in, as 50-odd punters in a Benidorm bar will testify [and three dogs] that went ballistic at my shouting, but MEANT it ? Mmmmmm I have my doubts, Just my opinion lads/lassies. Not saying I am correct or you have to agree with it, however, I am entitled to it, right or wrong.

Peevemor
07-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Reminded me a bit of County's goal last week.

Bayern Bru
07-02-2016, 05:35 PM
The cross from Henderson was delicious as well.

Franck Stanton
07-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Watch it again...He meant it 100 %. Pure quality finish!!!!!

May have to watch it again, however , am in Spain just now, no tv coverage other than the actual game itself. Will search for it on ,net and reply after another viewing.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-02-2016, 05:41 PM

Have ma doubts.

In some parallel world of Devils advocacy, suspension of loyalty and down right muppetry are we really supposed to in or after a Derby think first not of key achievements of out players but if the situation was reversed how we'd view things????!

Billy Whizz
07-02-2016, 05:55 PM
I can recall a headed goal in the 3-3 draw with Falkirk but I think that is just his second headed goal. Quite a stat as he's coming up for 50 now.

And only 21

Shrekko
07-02-2016, 05:59 PM
His record in big games is phenomenal.

gazzag70
07-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Got some of the silly replies I expected, of course I don't think he meant to head it away - just am of the opinion he was trying to head it across the goal area as oppossed to it going into the net.

As you quite correctly point out " goals that are meant count the same as goals that are flukes " - rather implies you agree with my sentiments re his header.

Don't get me wrong, I am over the moon it went in, as 50-odd punters in a Benidorm bar will testify [and three dogs] that went ballistic at my shouting, but MEANT it ? Mmmmmm I have my doubts, Just my opinion lads/lassies. Not saying I am correct or you have to agree with it, however, I am entitled to it, right or wrong.
Haha as an older Hibee as well- Grumpy old git,I can understand your sceptisism however,I am in no doubt that was finishing of the highest calibre and once you watch it again you will agree:aok:

Ged
07-02-2016, 06:03 PM
May have to watch it again, however , am in Spain just now, no tv coverage other than the actual game itself. Will search for it on ,net and reply after another viewing.

Can you view this link in Spain?

https://gfycat.com/LankyInfiniteCamel

He watches the flight of the ball as soon as he heads it and it looks like he knows exactly where he wants it to go.

Jonnyboy
07-02-2016, 06:19 PM

He watches the flight of the ball as soon as he heads it and it looks like he knows exactly where he wants it to go.

Knew exactly what he was doing. No fluke, no intention just to help the ball on into the area, no luck involved :agree:

Peevemor
07-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Darren McGregor reckons it's down to the amount of hairspray Jason uses. :hilarious

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/857

kenny.ff
07-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Knew what he was doing from the min it was crossed:hibees

Sammy7nil
07-02-2016, 06:25 PM

Header it towards goal not in the manner it came off his head :greengrin

wookie70
07-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Darren McGregor reckons it's down to the amount of hairspray Jason uses. :hilarious

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/857

He talks very well in the interview.

IMO Cummings goal was just as good as Hearts first goal was. Fantastic finish.

Peevemor
07-02-2016, 06:29 PM
He talks very well in the interview.

IMO Cummings goal was just as good as Hearts first goal was. Fantastic finish.

Yup, great interview - very natural and articulate.

RoYO!
07-02-2016, 06:30 PM

Don't see many "silly replies" tbh.

MartinfaePorty
07-02-2016, 06:31 PM
If we're talking about JC headed goals in all games, did he not also score one against Dundee Utd in the 3-3 game last season?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stuarty27
07-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Yup, great interview - very natural and articulate.

Speaks well but more importantly he is terrific on the park, great signing.

erin go bragh
07-02-2016, 06:36 PM

Have ma doubts.

Mmmmm ! Think your just fishing GOG .

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
07-02-2016, 06:38 PM
I can recall a headed goal in the 3-3 draw with Falkirk but I think that is just his second headed goal. Quite a stat as he's coming up for 50 now.Scored a header in the 3-3 with DU.

superfurryhibby
07-02-2016, 06:39 PM

Fully intended, no doubt about it. Superb finish wi the heid.

Franck Stanton
07-02-2016, 07:03 PM

Many, many thanks for this, have watched it a few times and fair-doo's, I retract my earlier comments. Cummings did mean to score with the header, although, in my defence, when I saw it on tv in the bar, it did look like a "Fluke". hence my previous post.

Memo to self --- Wait until the tv highlights before commenting on goals.

RoYO!
07-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Many, many thanks for this, have watched it a few times and fair-doo's, I retract my earlier comments. Cummings did mean to score with the header, although, in my defence, when I saw it on tv in the bar, it did look like a "Fluke". hence my previous post.

Fair play :agree:

Franck Stanton
07-02-2016, 07:06 PM
Haha as an older Hibee as well- Grumpy old git,I can understand your sceptisism however,I am in no doubt that was finishing of the highest calibre and once you watch it again you will agree:aok:

I do now that I have seen it again. Silly me, have to get myself down to specsavers a.s.a.p. :greengrin

JennaFletcher
07-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Quality goal, felt like forever it was in the air and to see it hit the net was amazing, the come back was on!!

BS44
08-02-2016, 12:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewUAdjw-jfs

Lago
08-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Stevie Archibald-esque!
Alan Gordon-esque.

portyhibernian
08-02-2016, 01:35 PM
I believe he meant it, clearly a header directed at goal BUT I also do think it was more luck than technique that it dropped in at that far post in this case. No complaints though!

CapitalGreen
08-02-2016, 01:38 PM
And only 21

Only 20! Only needs 8 goals by August 1st to hit 50 before he turns 21.

Spike Mandela
08-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Stevie Archibald-esque!

:agree: It reminded me of the Archibald goal against Hearts. Archie seemed to retract his neck in to his body that day to manipulate that cross in to the net. The way Jason guided that ball into the net was very similat and a sign of pure clas. The young lad has a very bright future.

Wilson
08-02-2016, 01:39 PM
I believe he meant it, clearly a header directed at goal BUT I also do think it more luck than technique in this case.

Pat Nevin describing it on sportscene commented that there was no luck involved. That is good enough for me. He is really confident at the moment. He went for it. Goal. No luck required.

We seem quick to talk our own players down. No reason to in this case

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2016, 01:43 PM
He knew what he was doing, you cant teach that kind of finishing. I said to my mate yesterday during the game that he was poor, poor 1st touch, poor movement and has not played well for a couple of weeks.

We both said he should have been replaced well before he scored, what do we know? :greengrin

portyhibernian
08-02-2016, 01:47 PM
He knew what he was doing, you cant teach that kind of finishing. I said to my mate yesterday during the game that he was poor, poor 1st touch, poor movement and has not played well for a couple of weeks.

We both said he should have been replaced well before he scored, what do we know? :greengrin

About 10 minutes before he scored I was saying I'd sub him for Dagnall! The best strikers do have a knack of popping up with goal from nowhere and he's definitely got that.

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2016, 01:51 PM

I was the same until I watched a replay. He definately took a punt at goal.

Brightside
08-02-2016, 01:56 PM

Yep - him and Stokes were have very poor games.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Yep - him and Stokes were have very poor games.

Some of Stokes movement is fantastic, he also keep the ball much better than any of our other players. Wish he'd scored that header in the first half.

Some of his shots were not great yesterday but he was pulling their defenders all over the place and while not his best performance i'd take him every time over any other forward we have.

hibees 7062
08-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Stevie Archibald-esque!

Muffin-esque