PDA

View Full Version : Heart of Midlothian - bottle merchants

Northernhibee
07-02-2016, 04:48 PM
Looked as if they stood a chance of keeping pace with Celtic and Aberdeen at the start of the season and once the pressure built they fell away. Same as today - a bit fortunate to find themselves two up at HT but as soon as we started to assert ourselves they fell to pieces.

All the pressure is on them for the replay, the top flight team who should have been through already. They must be bricking it, bring them on :flag:

adhibs
07-02-2016, 04:51 PM
*****bags

Franck Stanton
07-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Looked as if they stood a chance of keeping pace with Celtic and Aberdeen at the start of the season and once the pressure built they fell away. Same as today - a bit fortunate to find themselves two up at HT but as soon as we started to assert ourselves they fell to pieces.

All the pressure is on them for the replay, the top flight team who should have been through already. They must be bricking it, bring them on :flag:

Talking solely on today's game, bit harsh to label them as "bottlers". Thought after an hour of today's game we were well beaten, looked like a Championship team playing an SPL side. Got a very fortunate goal and then we started to play with some belief, they began to panic, loose shape and were desperate to hang on to the lead.

We were very lucky today, very lucky -- however, having said that, how often in the past, what, 10 YEARS, has the boot been on the other foot when we have been the superior football team, and they get an equalizer [or winner] in the last seconds of the game. We know how you feel you yam fuds - suck it up ya muppets. If ye cannae beat us on as bad an off day as we had today, then you have no hope in the replay.

Thecat23
07-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Talking solely on today's game, bit harsh to label them as "bottlers". Thought after an hour of today's game we were well beaten, looked like a Championship team playing an SPL side. Got a very fortunate goal and then we started to play with some belief, they began to panic, loose shape and were desperate to hang on to the lead.

We were very lucky today, very lucky -- however, having said that, how often in the past, what, 10 YEARS, has the boot been on the other foot when we have been the superior football team, and they get an equalizer [or winner] in the last seconds of the game. We know how you feel you yam fuds - suck it up ya muppets. If ye cannae beat us on as bad an off day as we had today, then you have no hope in the replay.

I couldn't disagree anymore, Hibs battered them and THEY were lucky not to lose it. First half saw Hearts score with 2 shots on target there was nothing between the teams at that point. Second half was all Hibs and if you check the stats you would think we were the PL side. In fact watching it I thought we looked more of a top flight side than Hearts.

About time we gave the team the credit it fully deserves and we certainly weren't lucky.

hibees 7062
07-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Beating Hibs in replay even better prospect for Hearts says Neilson :greengrin

BSEJVT
07-02-2016, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=Grumpy Auld Git;4576786] Got a very fortunate goal and then we started to play with some belief, they began to panic, loose shape and were desperate to hang on to the lead.QUOTE]

WTF was fortunate about Cummings Goal?

If that had been scored by someone in the EPL it would be being raved about for weeks.

JJP
07-02-2016, 05:04 PM

Incredibly harsh assessment IMO.

Tricla
07-02-2016, 05:06 PM

The way I see it there was very little in it in the 1st half other than 2 good finishes from them. The HT stats showed that. We got our foot on the ball for longer periods in the second half and dictated more.

There was nothing lucky about Jasons goal. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I agree about the ending though. Nice to make them go home feeling how we've felt so many times before.

Mibbes Aye
07-02-2016, 05:08 PM
A derby's a derby but let's face it, the Famous would never bottle it by conceding two goals in the last ten minutes in a really important game

07-02-2016, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't say they bottled it, as I mentioned on another thread, it was their sheer arrogance that was their biggest downfall today IMO. At 2-0 up they thought it was all over. They are probably used to hibs teams in the past crumbling after going a goal or 2 down. They thought it was all over so stopped pushing for another goal.

Full credit to hibs. Never gave up, didn't put the heads down and fought to the end. The new never say die attitude that Stubbs has installed is fantastic.

CraigHibee
07-02-2016, 05:20 PM
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/djverticaldrop/Mobile%20Uploads/Custom%20Image_zps05revq2b.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/djverticaldrop/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Custom%20Image_zps05revq2b.jpg.html)

Northernhibee
07-02-2016, 05:22 PM
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu112/djverticaldrop/Mobile%20Uploads/Custom%20Image_zps05revq2b.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/djverticaldrop/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Custom%20Image_zps05revq2b.jpg.html)

:top marks:thumbsup:

Peevemor
07-02-2016, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't say they bottled it, as I mentioned on another thread, it was their sheer arrogance that was their biggest downfall today IMO. At 2-0 up they thought it was all over. They are probably used to hibs teams in the past crumbling after going a goal or 2 down. They thought it was all over so stopped pushing for another goal.

Full credit to hibs. Never gave up, didn't put the heads down and fought to the end. The new never say die attitude that Stubbs has installed is fantastic.

I disagree. I think, if anything, they showed Hibs too much respect in the second half in trying to "park the bus" - especially given that we're used to facing this week-in week-out. Even ignoring their goals, I didn't enjoy the first half at all. The ball was like a hot potato for Hibs and we struggled to find our men with our passes. As for the long balls to Cummings... .:rolleyes:.

It was only when Hearts defended deeper did we start to play as we can.

IMO it was their change of tactics that let us back into the tie.

Baader
07-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Still need to watch them, Hibs being confident in a Derby doesn't often work out.

Neilson I think is an average coach who has hitherto done a good job there but think he may be starting to get found out. The signings they've made (no doubt through Pep Levein) over the past season have been pretty poor.

No way they should've been 2 up today. Even though they are a negative side and we've a management team who will outthink and outmanoeuvre their opponents we still need to make sure everyone is at 100%. No room for lapses or mistakes. Or complacency.

SeanWilson
07-02-2016, 05:28 PM

Absolute single fish. Pretty rubbish game, which we never looked out off. They were lucky to be 2-0 up and we never at any point looked well beaten.

SunshineOnLeith
07-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Not watched any of Hearts this season to comment but the pundits at full time were speaking about their habit of getting into a lead then trying to defend it, and drawing too many games as a result. Similar to Levein's Scotland team.

Bottlers.

JJP
07-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Still need to watch them, Hibs being confident in a Derby doesn't often work out.

Neilson I think is an average coach who has hitherto done a good job there but think he may be starting to get found out. The signings they've made (no doubt through Pep Levein) over the past season have been pretty poor.

No way they should've been 2 up today. Even though they are a negative side and we've a management team who will outthink and outmanoeuvre their opponents we still need to make sure everyone is at 100%. No room for lapses or mistakes. Or complacency.

I think Stubbs has shown this season that he won't allow his team to be complacent in games. I expect the players to be right up for the replay and not taking anything for granted.

Franck Stanton
07-02-2016, 05:44 PM
I couldn't disagree anymore, Hibs battered them and THEY were lucky not to lose it. First half saw Hearts score with 2 shots on target there was nothing between the teams at that point. Second half was all Hibs and if you check the stats you would think we were the PL side. In fact watching it I thought we looked more of a top flight side than Hearts.

About time we gave the team the credit it fully deserves and we certainly weren't lucky.

Opinions eh cat . The only stat that counts in any games is GOALS - they scored two first half, okay I agree with the only two shots thay had on target , - how many did we score 1st Half ? How many shots on target did we have 1st half ? They didn't look troubled in any way for 1st hour and, just my opinion, was onl their tactic of "parking the bus" second half that allowed us some momentum and thereby back into the game. Not looking for an argument here, just expressing my opinion, respect your right to do so also. Just have to agree to disagree as they say.

Bostonhibby
07-02-2016, 05:48 PM
Beating Hibs in replay even better prospect for Hearts says Neilson :greengrin
To be fair not many of us would be able to communicate in an intelligent manner if we had potter's hand up our erse. Craig Levein , just far enough away.......

Sir David Gray
07-02-2016, 05:56 PM

There's so much wrong with this post, it's difficult to know where to start.

Until their first goal, we were quite comfortable for the first half an hour and they had barely troubled our goal up until that point. The goal came against the run of play.

Losing the first goal was a blow and they grew in confidence from that and obviously they scored again shortly afterwards.

I thought we struggled for a bit at the beginning of the second half but for the last 25 minutes or so, we were terrific and totally dominated the match.

Coming back from 2-0 down, away from home, against a side that sits third in the league above us is so impressive and the players and management deserve so much praise for what they put into that match today.

wookie70
07-02-2016, 06:02 PM
No idea how anyone can think Hibs first goal was lucky. Henderson looks up and sticks it on Jason's head. Jason then did amazingly well to get enough on the ball to lift it into the only place he was going to score. It was as good a goal as Heart's opener in my opinion. I thought that at the game and the replays haven't changed by mind.

Their tactics may have let us back into the game but who is to say it wasn't us pushing them back and them tiring. The first half was pretty even from my two viewings of it. IMO they were the lucky ones to be two up. Hibs just kept plugging away and grew stronger and stronger. We got at least what we deserved.

erin go bragh
07-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Opinions eh cat . The only stat that counts in any games is GOALS - they scored two first half, okay I agree with the only two shots thay had on target , - how many did we score 1st Half ? How many shots on target did we have 1st half ? They didn't look troubled in any way for 1st hour and, just my opinion, was onl their tactic of "parking the bus" second half that allowed us some momentum and thereby back into the game. Not looking for an argument here, just expressing my opinion, respect your right to do so also. Just have to agree to disagree as they say.
Cummings dodgy offside goal .McGinn's curling effort that their keeper saved . Stokes with a header just over the bar . We were robbed going in 2-0 down at half time . Just my opinion:)

GGTTH

joe t
07-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Please don't believe the jambo bottler hype. Still lost as to where this comes from. If it refers to the scottish cup, we've not bottled it, we've just been playing better teams in the finals. Celtic twice and hearts with the worst hibs team for decades in recent memory. Not denying it's a shocking record but we've hardly bottled it. As for semis, we've had our fair share of upsets but more than other non- old firm teams.

However, I am aware of undoubtedly THE greatest case of bottling it in scottish football history and it doesn't belong down leith.

It happened in 1986 and I can't think of anything that even comes close to the definition of 'bottling it'.

Puddle drinkers revisionism at its best.

Onion
07-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Yams were bricking it from the start of the 2nd half. Beating Hibs is so important to their existence, they were wasting every minute they could from the 46th min onwards.

For a Premier League team playing at home, it was utterly embarrassing !

Yams bottled it big time and got everything they deserved.

Pleasing :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
07-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Cummings dodgy offside goal .McGinn's curling effort that their keeper saved . Stokes with a header just over the bar . We were robbed going in 2-0 down at half time . Just my opinion:)

GGTTH

joe t
07-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Little doubt that jobbie knew ozturks game was over at half time, but told him to 'go out and sit down after sixty seconds then come off,. No wonder jambos are raging at negative home tactics.

rotherhamrob
07-02-2016, 06:39 PM

Ha ha, love the thread title, so true and long may it continue.

midfield_maestro
07-02-2016, 07:04 PM

What game were you watching? Hibs clawed their way back into that game through effort and belief. Hearts were well out of it for most of the second half.

Bayern Bru
07-02-2016, 07:07 PM
The irony is that, using their language, they 'Hibsed' it today. 2-0 and they ******ed it up, as the chant went.

Enjoyed this from a deeply upset Levein.

Hiber-nation
07-02-2016, 07:07 PM

What a strange post. Have you had a look at the stats?

iwasthere1972
07-02-2016, 07:09 PM

It's been a surreal day and I really need a lie down. :confused:

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Biggest enemy know is thinking that the tie is over. Hearts will still be favourites to progress, despite our record against SPL sides this season.

The crumbled a little under the pressure we put them under, and they will be very determined to make amends and put things right.

A very open tie and great for the city.

AlbertK86
07-02-2016, 07:35 PM
I couldn't disagree anymore, Hibs battered them and THEY were lucky not to lose it. First half saw Hearts score with 2 shots on target there was nothing between the teams at that point. Second half was all Hibs and if you check the stats you would think we were the PL side. In fact watching it I thought we looked more of a top flight side than Hearts. About time we gave the team the credit it fully deserves and we certainly weren't lucky.

Spot on TC

Pete
07-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Biggest enemy know is thinking that the tie is over. Hearts will still be favourites to progress, despite our record against SPL sides this season.

The crumbled a little under the pressure we put them under, and they will be very determined to make amends and put things right.

A very open tie and great for the city.

Good post. They were slightly sharper in the first half I feel and it's still a really tough game ahead.

Aldo
07-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Biggest enemy know is thinking that the tie is over. Hearts will still be favourites to progress, despite our record against SPL sides this season. The crumbled a little under the pressure we put them under, and they will be very determined to make amends and put things right. A very open tie and great for the city.

They will be missing their best defender with either Rossi the Bombscare or Souttar coming in. I'm happy with that.

Who knows what the Compliance Officer will deliberate on (probably nowt) but we have the squad to beat this mob.

AlbertK86
07-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Please don't believe the jambo bottler hype. Still lost as to where this comes from. If it refers to the scottish cup, we've not bottled it, we've just been playing better teams in the finals. Celtic twice and hearts with the worst hibs team for decades in recent memory. Not denying it's a shocking record but we've hardly bottled it. As for semis, we've had our fair share of upsets but more than other non- old firm teams. However, I am aware of undoubtedly THE greatest case of bottling it in scottish football history and it doesn't belong down leith. It happened in 1986 and I can't think of anything that even comes close to the definition of 'bottling it'. Puddle drinkers revisionism at its best.

1986 ...... Great great point

Hello guests 😍

SuperAllyMcleod
07-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Yams were bricking it from the start of the 2nd half. Beating Hibs is so important to their existence, they were wasting every minute they could from the 46th min onwards.

For a Premier League team playing at home, it was utterly embarrassing !

Yams bottled it big time and got everything they deserved.

Pleasing :thumbsup:

I think you mean 26th minute - the one thing you can rely on Hearts to do is waste time when they go a goal up - no matter when they score!

Waxy
07-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Wonder if Sir Albert Kidd was watching today.

Greenblood70
07-02-2016, 07:52 PM

Strange view of the game, we weren't at our best today but other than their two goals out of nothing when we had to reorganise with McGeouch going off we dominated possession in the first half, we did the same second but actually managed to create more. Jason's header was not lucky, he did similar for scotland u21s a few months ago, was a very well executed header.

We could and probably should have won in the end - no luck involved whatsoever imho.

ancient hibee
07-02-2016, 08:31 PM
They'll clearly finish third this season which is an excellent return to the Premiership.However they fell into the trap of thinking they were playing the "old"Hibs and turned the game into the kind that we've been winning all season -where one team tries to hold what they have and don't come forward.Fell right into our hands actually.They will also be worried that we wouldn't be bullied-plan Z next for them?

CalgaryHibs
07-02-2016, 08:37 PM

Wtf ??

CalgaryHibs
07-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Incredibly harsh assessment IMO.

We had the ball in the net after four mins nae offside but your right very harsh indeed

CalgaryHibs
07-02-2016, 08:41 PM

Very good ha ha:)